Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (893893 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by moscobabs(m): 10:44am On Nov 08, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Nah ember months, we de gather Christmas and. Newyear money, you are highly welcome.
lol oga Gazzuzz so u too need money
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adamsimon: 11:17am On Nov 08, 2015
lacasa:
Hello all,

i drive a. 2k5 honda accord, ii αve a problem.

While i'm driving i notice dat after i slow down or wen i want ϯo re-accelerate sometimes, the engine vibrates (shakes) until i lift my foot off the throttle completely, bt wen i put my foot back on the throttle it moves normally.

i thought it was the spark plugs causing this, but i've changed the 4 plugs with new ones but it still does same.

a mechanic said it's probably from the fuel pump.

Any ideas wat it is
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by diggy4real: 5:58pm On Nov 08, 2015
@Gazzuz......I ve finally scanned the car ......the codes are: P0135 and P0141.. . pls try interprete.......and lemme know how much I can get it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:52pm On Nov 08, 2015
diggy4real:
@Gazzuz......I ve finally scanned the car ......the codes are: P0135 and P0141.. . pls try interprete.......and lemme know how much I can get it.

Bank1 sensor 1 and bank 1 sensor 2 o2 sensors might be bad.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by diggy4real: 10:48pm On Nov 08, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Bank1 sensor 1 and bank 1 sensor 2 o2 sensors might be bad.

Nice...how much can I get it?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by shamecurls(m): 4:23pm On Nov 09, 2015
How many liters of dw1 will i need? Thanks in advance.
DonBobes:

ur gear oil is short. Drain d old one and put genuine HONDA gear oil DW1, Or any DEXTRON 3 product. . . . . I use Dextron 3 products tho, because dt DW1 is hard to comeby.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by DonBobes(m): 5:51pm On Nov 09, 2015
shamecurls:

A bit above 4 litres was wat my mechanic used and he also checked to mak sure the gear oil is nt leaking.

NOTE:GET GENUINE DW1 OR DEXTRON III GRADE GEAR OIL.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 9:31pm On Nov 09, 2015
shamecurls:

Check your owner's manual. You should have that information right in there. I have it in mine.Certain hearsay may bring regrets oo.

What model is your honda?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by shamecurls(m): 9:42pm On Nov 09, 2015
2004 Honda Pilot

nas00:

Check your owner's manual. You should have that information right in there. I have it in mine.Certain hearsay may bring regrets oo.

What model is your honda?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:27pm On Nov 09, 2015
shamecurls:
2004 Honda Pilot

5 cans. (1 liter each can).
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by shamecurls(m): 5:13am On Nov 10, 2015
Thanks. How much per can?

luvinhubby:

5 cans. (1 liter each can).
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:46am On Nov 10, 2015
shamecurls:
Thanks. How much per can?

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by diggy4real: 8:15am On Nov 10, 2015
@ luvinghubby and Gazzuz......how much is this Oxygen sensor?.....wia can I get it in warri?.....or do u guys have it in Lagos?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sultanemerald(m): 11:26am On Nov 10, 2015
You've been very helpful. Thank you so much. Please are there any particular codes I should be looking out for? and what could they mean?

nas00:

The same transmission is the likely cause of that. It's called 'slipping'.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 1:56pm On Nov 10, 2015
sultanemerald:
You've been very helpful. Thank you so much. Please are there any particular codes I should be looking out for? and what could they mean?

Scan the car first. If your car is fine, there should be no codes. Any SPECIFIC codes you pull, paste them here. Then, I can tell you the possible problems these codes indicate and how to fix them.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 2:35pm On Nov 10, 2015
shamecurls:
2004 Honda Pilot

Well, your owner's manual specifies 3Litres for a CHANGE of transmission fluid. If I were you, i'd follow that OR simply measure how much old fluid you drained and replace with exactly the same amount of fresh fluid.

The total capacity of your transmission is 7.8Ltrs, but only 3Ltrs can be drained at a time, except you dismantle the transmission and drain everything out, which is not usually the case.

I attach a screenshot of the reference page in the 2004 Honda Pilot Owner's Manual (page 218).

If the hard copy didn't come with your car for some reason, you can download a pdf copy of the manual online.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by shamecurls(m): 3:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
You know about these vehicle so much. I think u drive one? Have u experienced same D light flashing on urs?

nas00:

Well, your owner's manual specifies 3Litres for a CHANGE of transmission fluid. If I were you, i'd follow that OR simply measure how much old fluid you drained and replace with exactly the same amount of fresh fluid.

The total capacity of your transmission is 7.8Ltrs, but only 3Ltrs can be drained at a time, except you dismantle the transmission and drain everything out, which is not usually the case.

I attach a screenshot of the reference page in the 2004 Honda Pilot Owner's Manual (page 218).

If the hard copy didn't come with your car for some reason, you can download a pdf copy of the manual online.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 10, 2015
Hi, I have a 2003 euro accord and the steering wheel pulls to one side when driving. I recently changed the linkage and front tyres.

Also, I have changed brake pads 2ce in 3 months and the entire brake system. Still, the brakes are soft and not responsive.

Then, it consumes petrol.

Can anyone help me determine what the causes of these issues could be?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 5:13pm On Nov 10, 2015
AnnOfili:
Hi, I have a 2003 euro accord and the steering wheel pulls to one side when driving. I recently changed the linkage and front tyres.

Also, I have changed brake pads 2ce in 3 months and the entire brake system. Still, the brakes are soft and not responsive.

Check tierod ends and do alignment and balancing. Also check if your car is accident vehicle
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 5:18pm On Nov 10, 2015
AnnOfili:

- Steering pulls to one direction might need a proper Alignment
- Changing brake pad 2ce in 3month First, you might have an inferior brake pad installed or the alignment is messing it up
- For the consumption issue, you will h=need to scan the car and post the OBD code here
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 5:27pm On Nov 10, 2015
shamecurls:
You know about these vehicle so much. I think u drive one? Have u experienced same D light flashing on urs?

I've never experienced a flashing D light. However, I know it is usually related to either a faulty transmission sensor or your transmission giving you early warning signs. That is why at this point, scanning your car is the wisest thing to do.

I guess Gazzuzz can share with you more practical experience on flashing D light, since he runs an auto workshop in Lagos.

Btw, I drive an Accord, not a Pilot smiley
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:34pm On Nov 10, 2015
kingreign:

Check tierod ends and do alignment and balancing. Also check if your car is accident vehicle

Lower control arm bushings.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:43pm On Nov 10, 2015
inze:

- Changing brake pad 2ce in 3month First, you might have an inferior brake pad installed or the alignment is messing it up
- For the consumption issue, you will h=need to scan the car and post the OBD code here

Might be rusted caliper pins.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by felphenix: 6:10pm On Nov 10, 2015
@Gazzuzz, kindly advise on my Honda Accord 2008 issue, it keeps flashing the maintenance light anytime I get above 100M/h, or if there is a suddenly quick acceleration. Usually I would need to restart the car before I can move it again. I have changed the spark plugs as earlier advised. any guidance will be appreciated.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:42pm On Nov 10, 2015
felphenix:
@Gazzuzz, kindly advise on my Honda Accord 2008 issue, it keeps flashing the maintenance light anytime I get above 100M/h, or if there is a suddenly quick acceleration. Usually I would need to restart the car before I can move it again. I have changed the spark plugs as earlier advised. any guidance will be appreciated.

Please scan
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ksnowbaba: 9:54am On Nov 11, 2015
My EOD 04 Coupe v6 over heats some minutes after I put on the AC But After I switch off the AC it returns to normal. Could it be my radiator cover? I have checked the radiator and there's no indication of leaking. Pls what could be the problem?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Mojibola(m): 10:03am On Nov 11, 2015
ksnowbaba:
My EOD 04 Coupe v6 over heats some minutes after I put on the AC But After I switch off the AC it returns to normal. Could it be my radiator cover? I have checked the radiator and there's no indication of leaking. Pls what could be the problem?

Do a coolant pressure test.
Do you have course to add to your coolant daily/frequently? coolant is leaking somewhere. Coolant pressure test will pin point the location.

...or a burnt gasket.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ksnowbaba: 10:15am On Nov 11, 2015
Mojibola:

Do a coolant pressure test.
Do you have course to add to your coolant daily/frequently? coolant is leaking somewhere. Coolant pressure test will pin point the location.

...or a burnt gasket.

No. The water/coolant level didn't dropped. It only happens whenever the AC worked for a while.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lukjee: 10:24am On Nov 11, 2015
Please help between 06 European Accord and 07 US both Nig used which should I go for both very neat
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lanre2009: 3:10pm On Nov 11, 2015
ksnowbaba:

No. The water/coolant level didn't dropped. It only happens whenever the AC worked for a while.

Try to clean the vents in front of the radiator at a car wash. It could be blocked with mud or some other dirts

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 11, 2015
[Thanks
quote author=inze post=39880619]

[/quote]
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Mojibola(m): 10:05pm On Nov 11, 2015
ksnowbaba:

Clean your radiator as suggested. If problem persists, you will have to check out the thermostat if its stuck or cylinder head gasket.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.