Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (890489 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by casid: 8:01pm On Dec 14, 2015
Hello everyone, I drive a 1999 Honda accord 4plugs. I've been having issues with my gear in that sometimes when I drive with D4 and the car slows down, I have to change the gear to 2 to move and afterwards I can put it back in D4. Some say its gear sensor/ switch while other say I should buy another gear.. Please anybody should kindly advice and possible solutions..

cc: luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by andyzoga: 8:26pm On Dec 14, 2015
casid:
Hello everyone, I drive a 1999 Honda accord 4plugs. I've been having issues with my gear in that sometimes when I drive with D4 and the car slows down, I have to change the gear to 2 to move and afterwards I can put it back in D4. Some say its gear sensor/ switch while other say I should buy another gear.. Please anybody should kindly advice and possible solutions..
This is exactly what happened to me last Sunday same model of car. Pls ensure your alternator is working perfectly. Mine wasn't working again and the battery was drained so I notice the gear started malfunctioning. Now that I bought a new alternator, it works smoothly.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by whyteboyz03(m): 9:03am On Dec 15, 2015
Good morning all. Please my EOD 2003 model , V6 started acting up. Sometimes the headlamps will come on and then go off for days then comes back on whenever . what could be wrong and please how much is original shaft for this model as I bought new shaft 5 months ago and its started making noise. Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by casid: 1:21pm On Dec 15, 2015
andyzoga:
This is exactly what happened to me last Sunday same model of car. Pls ensure your alternator is working perfectly. Mine wasn't working again and the battery was drained so I notice the gear started malfunctioning. Now that I bought a new alternator, it works smoothly.

I cant rely say as per the alternator. But the car starts perfectly and I get to warm it every 2-3 days because I dont drive it. Even at that, it starts very well..
I will look at that when as well.. Thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Luckki1001(m): 2:38pm On Dec 17, 2015
Good afternoon House. Just wanted to find out if anyone here sells and installs runningboards, racks and grille guards for 2003 honda CRV? I noticed I have not seen any of such advert on this forum. Also the costs should be indicated. Thank you.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Gentlebabs(m): 4:29pm On Dec 17, 2015
I use a 2008 Honda Accord, it had an issue my mechanic in Festac diagnosed wrongly and said all the fixing will cost #60,000.

My friend who has the same type of car advised me to take it to Oyingbo. There they fixed the car and turned it to a brand new baby. It was as if I had never driven the car before.

Because of hectic work schedule, they even came to my house to pick the car.

My mechanic is Azeez, and when they introduced him to me just last week, they gave me his number as: 07087866954

Now, I can cruise at a higher altitude without regrets!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Gentlebabs(m): 4:36pm On Dec 17, 2015
I use a 2008 Black Honda Accord, it had an issue my mechanic in Festac diagnosed wrongly and said all the fixing will cost #60,000.

My friend who has the same type of car advised me to take it to Oyingbo. There they fixed the car and turned it to a brand new baby. It was as if I had never driven the car before.

My mechanic is Azeez, and when they introduced him to me just last week, they gave me his number as: 07087866954

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 7:50pm On Dec 17, 2015
@luvinhubby, kingreign, siena & gazzuzz

I drive a 2004 eod i4. For some months now my gear has been acting funny but I decided to keep managing it until recently when it got worse.

Before whenever I'm driving for more than 30mins the gear makes a 'kpom' sound and the gear stops changing, it remains on D and wouldn't increase more than the 2nd gear.

Now this issue occurs every minute once I'm on the road. The way I temporarily stop this problem is to park, Switch off the car and restart it then the gear would be working properly again (until the next minute)

I took it to my mech at warri and after scanning he informed me that I had to change the solenoid A (which I did) but the problem still persisted. After running another scan it revealed that solenoid BC was bad.

My brother, as at today I have bought 2 different solenoids BC but still no improvement. Scan keep telling us the solenoid isn't good and my mech says to see a good one would be hard because nobody takes off a good solenoid from a gearbox and sells separately.

I need to know how much I can get a good solenoid from lagos and I also need some advice from you guys too. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:02pm On Dec 17, 2015
lilkech:
@luvinhubby, kingreign, siena & gazzuz

I drive a 2004 eod i4. For some months now my gear has been acting funny but I decided to keep managing it until recently when it got worse.

Before whenever I'm driving for more than 30mins the gear makes a 'kpom' sound and the gear stops changing, it remains on D and wouldn't increase more than the 2nd gear.

Now this issue occurs every minute once I'm on the road. The way I temporarily stop this problem is to park, Switch off the car and restart it then the gear would be working properly again (until the next minute)

I took it to my mech at warri and after scanning he informed me that I had to change the solenoid A (which I did) but the problem still persisted. After running another scan it revealed that solenoid BC was bad.

My brother, as at today I have bought 2 different solenoids BC but still no improvement. Scan keep telling us the solenoid isn't good and my mech says to see a good one would be hard because nobody takes off a good solenoid from a gearbox and sells separately.

I need to know how much I can get a good solenoid from lagos and I also need some advice from you guys too. Thanks

Your problem is not A, B or C solenoids, since the gear has started to stall and de-select, am afraid it is no good news but wait for oga gazzuz to use better grammar break the news to you. grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:15pm On Dec 17, 2015
Gentlebabs:
I use a 2008 Black Honda Accord, it had an issue my mechanic in Festac diagnosed wrongly and said all the fixing will cost #60,000.

Will you be kind enough, for the benefit of other Honda enthusiasts, to detail us what issue that was mis-diagnosed in Festac that Aeez fixed for you.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sultanemerald(m): 12:36pm On Dec 18, 2015
please, does uneven or stony terrain affect gearing system of a crv?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:27pm On Dec 18, 2015
lilkech:
@luvinhubby, kingreign, siena & gazzuzz

Get a second opinion. Don't buy any solenoid again, clear all codes and post the specific code and interpretation if you can, it is very easy to test a failing solenoid, just two wires and a battery you are going down a slippery slope and if you continue this way you might just end up replacing the entire gearbox.

BTW when was the last time you changed transmission oil? What fluid did you use? When you scanned the engine, what codes did you get?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rainmaker12(m): 6:49pm On Dec 18, 2015
If a car kicks the steering wheel right or left when making quick acceleration or on small bumps or on sandy roads, what exactly may be the cause?
ball joints are ok.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by DrEngrSk: 12:23am On Dec 19, 2015
Please I was considering getting a honda accord starting from 2008 model upwards my fear is the leg issue I hear people talk about all the time plus many people are discouraging me from buying honda accord because of the same leg issue I would this topic to be properly explained to me so that I can know what am getting into or if honda has fix the leg issue if so starting from which model so that I can completely avoid such problems thank you all and your reply will appreciated
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Malawian(m): 6:05pm On Dec 19, 2015
luvinhubby:

Either a burnt transmission fluid, faulty drive switch or sensors and outright indication of transmission failure.
Start with a fluid change to a scan, you may lucky to avert a gear change.

Thank me later.
bros, i dey sparm your contact info since, no reply. i just log into this site to see if you go gree se this one reply. i need compressor and condenser for honda element, also high hose and expansion valve. these mechanics wan chop my head since. give me price here or reply my mail. thanks.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:30pm On Dec 19, 2015
Malawian:

bros, i dey sparm your contact info since, no reply. i just log into this site to see if you go gree se this one reply. i need compressor and condenser for honda element, also high hose and expansion valve. these mechanics wan chop my head since. give me price here or reply my mail. thanks.

Engr. budget 30k for everything.(Compressor and condenser-25k, hose and valve-5k).

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:31pm On Dec 19, 2015
DrEngrSk:
Please I was considering getting a honda accord starting from 2008 model upwards my fear is the leg issue I hear people talk about all the time plus many people are discouraging me from buying honda accord because of the same leg issue I would this topic to be properly explained to me so that I can know what am getting into or if honda has fix the leg issue if so starting from which model so that I can completely avoid such problems thank you all and your reply will appreciated
2008 Accord upwards does not have any issue with legs.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Malawian(m): 8:10pm On Dec 19, 2015
luvinhubby:

Engr. budget 30k for everything.(Compressor and condenser-25k, hose and valve-5k).
we are coming on monday morning to pick it up. thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ibbkiddsx: 11:52am On Dec 20, 2015
Please I need help with my Honda 2007. Its showing B SERVICE on the dashboard.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rainmaker12(m): 8:29pm On Dec 20, 2015
rainmaker12:
If a car kicks the steering wheel right or left when making quick acceleration or on small bumps or on sandy roads, what exactly may be the cause?
ball joints are ok.
Can tie rod be causing this?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by soonest(f): 9:17am On Dec 21, 2015
inze:

This seems more like a known issue with the 2006 Accord as i have also learn't from another female Nairalander.

The remote corrected on its own. At the second press now, all the doors open. Once i know exactly what to do, i'll sort it out because I know this correction is just temporary
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 9:48am On Dec 21, 2015
soonest:

The remote corrected on its own. At the second press now, all the doors open. Once i know exactly what to do, i'll sort it out because I know this correction is just temporary

. . . i envy you on this. Almost got locked out of my car last-night at about 12:10am. Aside the remote 'issue' my accord now locks itself when the ignition is ON and driver door is opened and closed ( more like i cannot 'just' step out without turning off the ignition )
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by IYIMAN: 12:35pm On Dec 21, 2015
Luvinhubby, thanks : got the items supplied. Nice doing business with you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by soonest(f): 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2015
inze:

. . . i envy you on this. Almost got locked out of my car last-night at about 12:10am. Aside the remote 'issue' my accord now locks itself when the ignition is ON and driver door is opened and closed ( more like i cannot 'just' step out without turning off the ignition )
Are you sure you are not driving my car? Lol. It has happened to me before and it was a panelbeater that saved the day. What i now do even unconsciously is to wind down if i must step out. Car wahala eeh!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by felphenix: 10:40am On Dec 23, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Please scan

I scanned as requested, the reading showed many codes (0171,0174, 0300, 0302, 0304), like something wrong around the MASS AIR flow and lean cylinders...

Let me know your diagnosis and how I can get it to you for fixing ASAP

regards,
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by goziesweetie: 6:18pm On Dec 23, 2015
You be correct guy. Cross tour is the bomb.
Billyonaire:
Honda is for starters.....Apart from Cross Tour, I dont see any Honda worth driving...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:19pm On Dec 23, 2015
felphenix:

I scanned as requested, the reading showed many codes (0171,0174, 0300, 0302, 0304), like something wrong around the MASS AIR flow and lean cylinders...

Let me know your diagnosis and how I can get it to you for fixing ASAP

regards,

300,302,304 cylinder misfires. Replace all sparkplugs.

171,174 system too lean bank1 and 2

Is your vehicle 6cylinder?

Start by replacing all spark plugs.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:12am On Dec 24, 2015
Here is wishing all Honda lovers, friends & customers on Nairaland, Car talk & elsewhere a very merry Christmas & happy new year.

Luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by felphenix: 9:45am On Dec 24, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

300,302,304 cylinder misfires. Replace all sparkplugs.

171,174 system too lean bank1 and 2

Is your vehicle 6cylinder?

Start by replacing all spark plugs.

Thank you for your response, my car is V6, and have replaced the spark plugs, but I still have the symptoms. Perhaps I need to clean the MASS air flow unit. but where will I get the Mass Air flow cleaner?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 12:34pm On Dec 24, 2015
luvinhubby:

Your problem is not A, B or C solenoids, since the gear has started to stall and de-select, am afraid it is no good news but wait for oga gazzuz to use better grammar break the news to you. grin

my chairman . . . God forbid that i buy another transmission this year lol . truly it was a solenoid giving issues but i have solved it now

GAZZUZZ:

Get a second opinion. Don't buy any solenoid again, clear all codes and post the specific code and interpretation if you can, it is very easy to test a failing solenoid, just two wires and a battery you are going down a slippery slope and if you continue this way you might just end up replacing the entire gearbox.

BTW when was the last time you changed transmission oil? What fluid did you use? When you scanned the engine, what codes did you get?

my oga . . . i have been able to rectify the issue with my gearbox. it is working smoothly right now. iafter fiddling with those solenoids, i met a new mechanic who told me he would be able to fix the issue with my gearbox with N35k. the agreement was to deposit N10k and the car then after he has been able to fix it i would balance him . . . which he did, so thats that for my gearbox.

Then fast forward to today . . . i am tired of going to mechanics this season for one thing or the other. now while i am in motion (on high speed) the engine switches off on its own, it happens everytime i am driving above gear 3. how i know the engine has cut off while on the road is when my steering and brakes get stiff suddenly. the thing is that if i switch to neutral gear and restart the engine (while still rolling/coasting) the engine starts up no problem. i could also park by the side of the road and restart the engine and it starts up well.

i called a friend and he said he suspects my brainbox, i never had this problem before i started working on my transmission. i am even scared that those mechanics may have done something sinister to the car right now.

Please i need anyone with similar problems to advise me, thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by MrBuzy: 4:45pm On Dec 25, 2015
This is Odyssey 2002 to 2004 Gear Box. Please what is this thing on top of the gear box that looks like a cup(silver in colour). Where is the two pipes connected to it enter.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 25, 2015
Pls how much is a honda accord eod 2005 model side mirror?

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.