Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,923 members, 7,824,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (894954 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Stanley82(m): 2:51am On Nov 27, 2015
I have changed the Oil Pump for my Honda Accord (EOD) 05 v4 Automatic for 3 times within one month due to constant damaging(breakage) of the pump.
What could be the likely cause and what do I need to do because I am getting discouraged.
Ur kind suggestions and likely costs will be highly appreciated.
Thank u.
Stan.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bashexyz: 8:27am On Nov 27, 2015
@luvinhubby Am the guy you sent spare parts with a mechanic. And the mechanic damaged my gear box in the process of changing something in my shaft. I contacted you regarding getting someone to come check the mechanic. But yet no answer. Called and sent text messages to you. Still no answer... I have been buying parts from you for over a year now, so i really dont know why due to this mishap you started ignoring my calls and messages.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:57am On Nov 27, 2015
bashexyz:

@luvinhubby Am the guy you sent spare parts with a mechanic. And the mechanic damaged my gear box in the process of changing something in my shaft. I contacted you regarding getting someone to come check the mechanic. But yet no answer. Called and sent text messages to you. Still no answer... I have been buying parts from you for over a year now, so i really dont know why due to this mishap you started ignoring my calls and messages.
I already sent someone to you that called you, pls try contact him.
For the calls, sorry about that, get lots of them daily & sometimes forget returning missed calls.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by freetowns: 1:31pm On Nov 28, 2015
@luvinhubby I am the guy u sold a EOD 03 compressor last week. Today the compressor packed up again. Ac guy says I need another compressor. What do I do now?
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 1:36pm On Nov 28, 2015
freetowns:
@luvinhubby I am the guy u sold a EOD 03 compressor last week. Today the compressor packed up again. Ac guy says I need another compressor. What do I do now?
Thanks
If the system was not flushed of the debris of the old compressor before installing a fresh one together with another condenser, the ac system will pack up again.
Drive the vehicle down and let's look at it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by freetowns: 4:22pm On Nov 28, 2015
luvinhubby:

If the system was not flushed of the debris of the old compressor before installing a fresh one together with another condenser, the ac system will pack up again.
Drive the vehicle down and let's look at it.
It was flushed. Where shuld I drive it to?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 4:49pm On Nov 28, 2015
freetowns:

It was flushed. Where shuld I drive it to?
And the condenser?

To Willoughby str. at Ebute-Metta.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ColeworldMD(m): 1:00am On Nov 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

As a first timer, i will advice you PAY some one to inspect the car for you, before you buy it.

Hello Gazzuzz. Im looking to acquire a new eod 2005, but i live in abuja. If you're to help me inspect one frm lagos how much will it cost? Or can u recommend some1 for me in abuja. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:48am On Nov 29, 2015
ColeworldMD:

Hello Gazzuzz. Im looking to acquire a new eod 2005, but i live in abuja. If you're to help me inspect one frm lagos how much will it cost? Or can u recommend some1 for me in abuja. Thanks

Try this guy mike AKA kingreign 08111433883

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by victorD3: 5:57am On Nov 29, 2015
Please my ever helpful forum i need honest help again

what is the best car diagnostic scanner I can buy for me 2008 accord and how much is it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:13am On Nov 29, 2015
victorD3:
Please my ever helpful forum i need honest help again

what is the best car diagnostic scanner I can buy for me 2008 accord and how much is it.

What do you want to scan? Entire car (abs,airbags,cluster engine transmission......)
Or just basic engine and transmission?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by victorD3: 6:16am On Nov 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

What do you want to scan? Entire car (abs,airbags,cluster engine transmission......)

Please I wouldn't mind suggestion for both
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ColeworldMD(m): 9:11am On Nov 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Try this guy mike AKA kingreign 08111433883
Thanks man
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by victorD3: 11:58pm On Nov 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

I would love to be scanning the entire car
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Chaskodee: 2:54pm On Nov 30, 2015
Nigeria's first auto only forum- www.partboyz.com/forum
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by grafixdon: 7:15am On Dec 04, 2015
Mr. GAZZUZZ and Lovinghobby, I have issue with my Idle Air Control Valve, what is the prize please?

Reason I want to fix it is that my tachometer bounce from 0-1 and it won't stable when I put the car on pack or neutral.
Honda Accord 2002 v6

Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:42am On Dec 04, 2015
grafixdon:
Mr. GAZZUZZ and Lovinghobby, I have issue with my Idle Air Control Valve, what is the prize please?

Reason I want to fix it is that my tachometer bounce from 0-1 and it won't stable when I put the car on pack or neutral.
Honda Accord 2002 v6

Thank you.

If it cannot be serviced, replace the entire throttle body.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by grafixdon: 8:38am On Dec 04, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

If it cannot be serviced, replace the entire throttle body.
How much bro.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 06, 2015
Mr. GAZZUZZ Please I need to know how many liters of ATF DW1 do I need to flush my transmission...I have read suggestions and most pple say 4-5 cans...But then, some suggested that the transmission should be flush 3 times after driving a few km...Right now, I'm confused on how many liters I need in total for this transmission flush? Does it make it 12-15 cans?!?!?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:13pm On Dec 06, 2015
marshall4:
Mr. GAZZUZZ Please I need to know how many liters of ATF DW1 do I need to flush my transmission...I have read suggestions and most pple say 4-5 cans...But then, some suggested that the transmission should be flush 3 times after driving a few km...Right now, I'm confused on how many liters I need in total for this transmission flush? Does it make it 12-15 cans?!?!?

Please do not flush, instead drain and refill on short intervals (ever week)
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 06, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Please do not flush, instead drain and refill on short intervals (ever week)

Thanks for your swift reply GAZZZUZZ. Pls how many cans will I need for it in total? How many number of weeks should I do the refill once?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:14pm On Dec 06, 2015
marshall4:

Thanks for your swift reply GAZZZUZZ. Pls how many cans will I need for it in total? How many number of weeks should I do the refill once?

The idea is to dilute as much as possible until you have it as pink as possible.

All I see is DW1 and no vehicle specifications, so I can't tell how many liters of DW1 you will need.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 06, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

The idea is to dilute as much as possible until you have it as pink as possible.

All I see is DW1 and no vehicle specifications, so I can't tell how many liters of DW1 you will need.

I'm Sorry. It's a Honda Accord 2007 V6
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 11:48pm On Dec 06, 2015
marshall4:

I'm Sorry. It's a Honda Accord 2007 V6

Google to download the user manual and service manual. All infos are there. I have a car similar to yours.

1. 2.8-3.3qts
2. no filter just drain and refill
3. each time u drain and refill just run it thru all gears

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 1:11am On Dec 07, 2015
davodyguy:

Google to download the user manual and service manual. All infos are there. I have a car similar to yours.

Thanks a lot!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Malawian(m): 12:36pm On Dec 07, 2015
luvinhubby:
On the issue of frequent arm problems with Honda four(4) things can cause that in honda cars.1, Ball joints 2, Tie-rod ends & socket 3, Upper arm 4, Shaft head.

Any one or combination with others can lead to arm failure.

The major cause is the massive influx of inferior low grade China parts into the Honda parts market, reason being it's high profit margin to my Igbo brothers. As often as you service your car, ask the mechanic check on your ball joints, tie-rods, C.V.Joints and upper arm and if need be, replace with original new ones. Same thing also for brake pads.
do you have a mechanic where you sell your parts? all these jargons are blowing my small head off. i just want to drop my car there and you people will sort it out.. honda element.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Chaskodee: 1:25pm On Dec 07, 2015
Auto Mechanic of The Year 2015! Nominations have started! http://partboyz.com/forum
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 2:02pm On Dec 07, 2015
Malawian:

do you have a mechanic where you sell your parts? all these jargons are blowing my small head off. i just want to drop my car there and you people will sort it out.. honda element.
grin grin
Call - 08029255299
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by KUNZEEL01: 9:37am On Dec 08, 2015
Pls help, I use honda pilot 06. when driving the "D-Drive" blinks continuously. i was told to put off the car and restart, when this is done it will stop for some hours and start blinking again. this started last week. what,how,where can this be fixed. i hope its not something serious.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 9:40am On Dec 08, 2015
KUNZEEL01:
Pls help, I use honda pilot 06. when driving the "grin-Drive" blinks continuously. i was told to put off the car and restart, when this is done it will stop for some hours and start blinking again. this started last week. what,how,where can this be fixed. i hope its not something serious.

Its alerting you something is wrong in the auto gear box. Where's your location.
If you're in Lagos contact Gazzuzz 08023251039 if you're in Abuja, contact Mike 07034581213. They can help you out.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by HotPotato(m): 5:05am On Dec 10, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Hi Gazzuzz, mine would be basic engine and transmission.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:49am On Dec 10, 2015
KUNZEEL01:
Pls help, I use honda pilot 06. when driving the "grin-Drive" blinks continuously. i was told to put off the car and restart, when this is done it will stop for some hours and start blinking again. this started last week. what,how,where can this be fixed. i hope its not something serious.

Either a burnt transmission fluid, faulty drive switch or sensors and outright indication of transmission failure.
Start with a fluid change to a scan, you may lucky to avert a gear change.

Thank me later.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.