Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,814 members, 7,813,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (890490 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by beejaybida(m): 7:58pm On Dec 25, 2015
Good evening and Merry Xmas. Kind assist needed. My 2011 Accord shows "DVD disc reading error, consult your dealer" on the Navigation Screen. Please how do i solve the problem? Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by MrBuzy: 8:46pm On Dec 25, 2015
MrBuzy:
This is Odyssey 2002 to 2004 Gear Box. Please what is this thing on top of the gear box that looks like a cup(silver in colour). Where is the two pipes connected to it enter.
Please anybody body with the answer to my question.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:10pm On Dec 25, 2015
MrBuzy:
This is Odyssey 2002 to 2004 Gear Box. Please what is this thing on top of the gear box that looks like a cup(silver in colour). Where is the two pipes connected to it enter.

Transmission oil cooler.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:37pm On Dec 25, 2015
huche:
Pls how much is a honda accord eod 2005 model side mirror?

Gather 5k keep.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:12am On Dec 30, 2015
beejaybida:
Good evening and Merry Xmas. Kind assist needed. My 2011 Accord shows "DVD disc reading error, consult your dealer" on the Navigation Screen. Please how do i solve the problem? Thank you.
The navigation disc inside your navigation system at upper part of your booth is bad, may need to replace it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sultanemerald(m): 11:59am On Dec 30, 2015
Please, i want to lift my CRV and change my tires to bigger ones. work on the shaft so they are stronger and be also most of road just like the ones in the pictures.

My questions are

1. What are the merits and demerits of doing this?
2. Where can I have this kind of work done for me in Lagos
3. Can i get a fair estimate to make my car a more reliable one
4. Call it pimping it out, what is the best advice please?

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bashexyz: 6:37pm On Dec 30, 2015
Hello All,

My Honda Accord 07, One load stereo keeps rejecting every CD i put inside it. Before it only selects some cds. But now nothing plays at all. Radio, AUX works fine.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by seunoj: 6:45pm On Dec 30, 2015
Luvinhubby, pls Hw much is Honda accord 2005 engine seat. D one close the location of the alternator by the passenger side
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:56pm On Dec 30, 2015
seunoj:
Luvinhubby, pls Hw much is Honda accord 2005 engine seat. D one close the location of the alternator by the passenger side

N4,500
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ukata16(m): 11:53pm On Dec 30, 2015
@luvinhubby good evening. I sent you an sms earlier on.
Please how much is a distributor of Honda Accord 1998 i4.
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sultanemerald(m): 6:43am On Dec 31, 2015
So, nobody can help respond to my inquiry?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 6:59am On Dec 31, 2015
sultanemerald:
So, nobody can help respond to my inquiry?
Better leave your car as it is.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 12:44am On Jan 01, 2016
ukata16:
@luvinhubby good evening. I sent you an sms earlier on.
Please how much is a distributor of Honda Accord 1998 i4.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by eherbal(m): 9:06am On Jan 01, 2016
luvinhubby:

N8,000 for brand new ones.
how much for front and rear bumper for honda Bullet, original windscreen , and the mechanism that winds up the Power Window .thanks for your response bro
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by eherbal(m): 9:11am On Jan 01, 2016
eherbal:
how much for front and rear bumper for honda Bullet, original windscreen , and the mechanism that winds up the Power Window .thanks for your response bro
thanks bro.that was swift.what about the windscreen and the power Window mechanism?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by anneki(m): 2:50pm On Jan 01, 2016
mexxy1:

Well, like I said earlier we all have our individual opinions which should be respected and not imposed on others. The link you posted never showed Milemaster caused any problems rather the complainants did not follow the right process in changing from one oil grade to another. Changing from a thicker to a thinner oil surely will give problems and the oil should not be blamed. Same scenario would have played out if it was Mobil oil they used in the change of oil grades.

We all have varying driving habits and that determines a lot on how the long the vehicle serves us.

I'll stick with my guts on this issue till I see reasonable proof. Thanks for your time.

Happy New Year Chief,

People like you and adanny01 have used the oil and will continue to face a herculean task convincing people that it is good oil. You certainly will not achieve that on a thread that was started by someone who happens to be selling a different oil brand.

Several mechanics rely on the fact that most car owners know very little and so proceed to say and un-say as the wind blows. Several friends of mine and I switched from Mobil 1 0w-40 / Mobil XHP 20w-50 and have been using Milemaster 5w-20 and 5w-30 in all our cars and petrol generators since 2013 and have still not experienced the problems some people credit Milemaster with.

It is unfortunate that regardless of all the information available online people still rely on what they are told by the next man especially at a time where internet access is no longer prohibitive. Very soon Milemaster oils will be blamed for failing shock absorbers.

My advice is to let it go and leave the naysayers. After all was it not the other day mechanics were saying manual drive cars were better than automatics and that carburetted engines were superior to fuel injection.

Milemaster is and still remains the number selling oil on konga. The positive reviews about them are there for all to see. No amount of bad press can change that.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mexxy1(m): 4:37pm On Jan 01, 2016
anneki:

Happy New Year Chief,

People like you and adanny01 have used the oil and will continue to face a herculean task convincing people that it is good oil. You certainly will not achieve that on a thread that was started by someone who happens to be selling a different oil brand.

Several mechanics rely on the fact that most car owners know very little and so proceed to say and un-say as the wind blows. Several friends of mine and I switched from Mobil 1 0w-40 / Mobil XHP 20w-50 and have been using Milemaster 5w-20 and 5w-30 in all our cars and petrol generators since 2013 and have still not experienced the problems some people credit Milemaster with.

It is unfortunate that regardless of all the information available online people still rely on what they are told by the next man especially at a time where internet access is no longer prohibitive. Very soon Milemaster oils will be blamed for failing shock absorbers.

My advice is to let it go and leave the naysayers. After all was it not the other day mechanics were saying manual drive cars were better than automatics and that carburetted engines were superior to fuel injection.

Milemaster is and still remains the number selling oil on konga. The positive reviews about them are there for all to see. No amount of bad press can change that.

Thank you for affirming my position.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by anneki(m): 11:26pm On Jan 01, 2016
mexxy1:

Thank you for affirming my position.

see link below

https://www.nairaland.com/1788778/maintenance-tips-cars/28

Temas is complaning about oil shortage with Mobil 1 5w-30. Trust me no one will draw any attention to this. If it was Milemaster ...........

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mexxy1(m): 9:33am On Jan 02, 2016
anneki:

see link below

Temas is complaning about oil shortage with Mobil 1 5w-30. Trust me no one will draw any attention to this. If it was Milemaster ...........

Thanks for the observation. I'll stick to what I know than follow the bandwagon. I'm glad we are on the same boat.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 3:18pm On Jan 02, 2016
anneki:

see link below

Greetings Sir

If I could just buttress your ideas with mine, engine oil shortage is not entirely a function of the BRAND of oil being used in a car.

One could be using an appropriate grade and blend of oil (regardless of its manufacturer, whether Milemaster, Mobil 1, Havoline or whatever) and the oil level may keep dropping with use IF the car's engine has begun to wear and burning oil.

Therefore, I personally don't believe the debate between Milemaster and Mobil 1 users is indicated. It only makes sense to debate, provided the state of every car owner's engine were guaranteed to be perfect.

If a car is 'shorting oil', 95% of the time, it is due to a failing engine. Therefore, pay attention to emission and overall engine status before narrowing down to your engine oil blend/brand, as a wrong blend (to a lesser extent, brand) may be the culprit. Once it is confirmed to be engine-related, one may want to rebuild the engine or it's time to consider selling and getting another car.

In summary:
So far a car's engine is in perfect shape and the manufacturer recommended oil grade/blend is used, no matter the brand of oil used, the car would work just okay 99% of the time.

The controversies on oil brand are largely psychological/ sentimental and subjective.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TopeMel(f): 10:04pm On Jan 02, 2016
My Honda eod 2005 is not starting but the lights on the dash board,a.c. and radio are coming up. Pls wot can I do?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by omotades: 11:55pm On Jan 02, 2016
I asked a mechanic who has been servicing my Honda baby boy to service it's gear and engine having realised the atf was not totally pure as I could see some black particles when dropping some on a white paper and the engine oil was due for service. He finished and brought it home after which I discovered the gear was not selecting at all. for any of the gears to work, I would av to press throttle very well for it to move and the moment I take away my leg from the throttle, it will not move again. Be it reverse or any of the Ds. This was never the case before I gave him the car to service. I discovered he made use of one atf called amco dextron iii when I've been using seahorse dextron for a yr now. Can anything be done? Is it only a gear problem? I need answers , pls. This happened today.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 3:29am On Jan 03, 2016
omotades:
I asked a mechanic who has been servicing my Honda baby boy to service it's gear and engine having realised the atf was not totally pure as I could see some black particles when dropping some on a white paper and the engine oil was due for service. He finished and brought it home after which I discovered the gear was not selecting at all. for any of the gears to work, I would av to press throttle very well for it to move and the moment I take away my leg from the throttle, it will not move again. Be it reverse or any of the Ds. This was never the case before I gave him the car to service. I discovered he made use of one atf called amco dextron iii when I've been using seahorse dextron for a yr now. Can anything be done? Is it only a gear problem? I need answers , pls. This happened today.

What happened to using Honda's recommended ATF which is Honda dw1 fluid?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by seunoj: 5:08am On Jan 03, 2016
TopeMel:
My Honda eod 2005 is not starting but the lights on the dash board,a.c. and radio are coming up. Pls wot can I do?

Did u observe any sign of weak battery? Is the engine cranking at all? If No check the kick starter
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Flyingman(m): 7:49pm On Jan 03, 2016
Happy new year house. This year go better o with less issues. For me I started it with car issues as usual. My accord dc refused to accelerate this evening while driving. It cranks quite alright but with high rpm. When I step on gas pedal. It hesitate slightly but nothing happens. It shakes immediately you put on drive. I recently serviced the nozzle and plugs change but noticed car drags when I accelerate before the final show down. Would get them to fix tomorrow but what could be wrong so I can eliminate this issue. Thanks fam
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Flyingman(m): 7:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
TopeMel:

Hi, I recently fixed this issue on my dc. Check if your battery is okay. Use another battery. If issue persist. Your should check the terminal for proper contact. Still persist, check if the cable is corroded or burnt like in my case. I changed the terminal and new cables.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:05pm On Jan 03, 2016
Flyingman:
Happy new year house. This year go better o with less issues. For me I started it with car issues as usual. My accord dc refused to accelerate this evening while driving. It cranks quite alright but with high rpm. When I step on gas pedal. It hesitate slightly but nothing happens. It shakes immediately you put on drive. I recently serviced the nozzle and plugs change but noticed car drags when I accelerate before the final show down. Would get them to fix tomorrow but what could be wrong so I can eliminate this issue. Thanks fam

just a guess low fuel pressure which could be caused by a clogged fuel filter, strainer or bad pump.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Flyingman(m): 8:53am On Jan 04, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

just a guess low fuel pressure which could be caused by a clogged fuel filter, strainer or bad pump.

Thanks @gazzuzz, I think your guess is right. Would have it worked on today.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Livetowork: 3:45pm On Jan 04, 2016
Guys, From the reviews i read online, Honda Accord 2002 V4 seem a nice, economical (Fuel consumption and maintenance) and a reliable car.

I'm considering buying it as my first car but everyone around is advising I go for the Toyota products for obvious reasons. My budget is 800k and i'm a beginner.

Do you own this car? I'd like to hear your honest opinion.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rainmaker12(m): 8:25pm On Jan 04, 2016
Livetowork:
Guys, From the reviews i read online, Honda Accord 2002 V4 seem a nice, economical (Fuel consumption and maintenance) and a reliable car.

I'm considering buying it as my first car but everyone around is advising I go for the Toyota products for obvious reasons. My budget is 800k and i'm a beginner.

Do you own this car? I'd like to hear your honest opinion.

Thanks
perfect car. far more cute dan toyota of same year. more loaded dan toyota of same year...etc remote trunk release. The only thing is check ur ball joints every 3 or 4 months. Service engine every 3000 miles. Immediately u buy it, toks or used change the gear oil to recommended honda atf, den u r gud.....1 more thing, check below the car/chasis/ for RUST!!!!!

note; drive ur honda to d fullest, dont move like snail on d road like other 2002 accord users.. grin.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by diggy4real: 9:17pm On Jan 04, 2016
Happy new year everyone.....my 2005 EOD is giving me issues...... D alternator was discovered not to be charging properly thus my battery gets drain easily.... Someone suggested fan belt.... Which I changed....buh no changes....plus my b33 gets drained even if I put a new b33 in the car if I don't disconnect the terminal heads wen going to bed or even within 2hours of not using it. .....Plus my AC fan goes of atimes..... Some say the fan is faulty.....others say is the resistor.....am tired of wasting money...... How can I solve dis problem?..... Any one DAT knows a good Honda electrician in warri should pls help me out.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Livetowork: 2:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
rainmaker12:

perfect car. far more cute dan toyota of same year. more loaded dan toyota of same year...etc remote trunk release. The only thing is check ur ball joints every 3 or 4 months. Service engine every 3000 miles. Immediately u buy it, toks or used change the gear oil to recommended honda atf, den u r gud.....1 more thing, check below the car/chasis/ for RUST!!!!!

note; drive ur honda to d fullest, dont move like snail on d road like other 2002 accord users.. grin.

Thanks a lot rainmaker12

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.