Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (889193 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by FlyboyZee: 10:16pm On May 18, 2016
luvinhubby:

You paid for sand protector, wiper blades & 4,000 for bonneth nozzle on Oct. 3 2015 & you had all the items sent to you in Nsukka .
5 after, days you called back that you are sending back the nozzle, that it was broken, which was rather surprising because i personally despatched those items, not any of my boys and the nozzle was sealed inside an envelope.

You sent back a broken nozzle and demanded a refund because as you said, you have sourced for the same nozzle from YOUR BROTHER WHO SELLS CARS in Cotonous, of which i told you is not tainable under such a condition but was ready to give you the benefit of doubt & do a deduction of 4,000 for in your next purchase but you unreasonably choose rather to press for a refund which to me as a businessman is not realistic.

My name is not Santa & my surname is not Clause, i am a businessman, anyday you are ready for the deduction on purchase let me know.
@Bolded, the SUV is still being driven with the damaged nozzle till date. The car was in Bayelsa at the time while I was in Nsukka with the Civic and thanked you profusely and excitedly. I spotted the broken nozzle right from the park as the driver handed it to me and there were no particles in the envelope you used to send it. How could that be suspicious?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by FlyboyZee: 10:23pm On May 18, 2016
denice1:

Why was the guy making so much noise for nothing if he got what he paid for.
Difficult to refund under such suspicious circumstances.
I'd rested this case before, as the cash involved is paltry. But, thanks bro for insulting me. You asked a good question and went ahead to rubbish it? If I actually got what I paid for, why would I be aggrieved? I'm aggrieved simply because I didn't get what I paid for and the guy at the other end refused to communicate. That was all. Moreover, N4,000 ain't a lotta money anyway...

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by copiescopy(m): 10:29pm On May 18, 2016
As i was saying before concerning my gear box issue with the dealer and mechanic.

On Monday . i went to ladipo. before going I called the dealer and also called a friend i know very well that sell auto parts too at ladipo (promiseland ) before i got there i met one electrician . who said he has fixed everything on the gear box and that it was now okay . I decided to test run it . Thank God he was seated beside me . The gear was still fumbling as the revving was high when on drive .

I took it back again bery early on Tuesday morning and told the dealer point blank that the gear was not okay . He said he has a trusted electrician at illasa where he will know for sure if the gear box was okay . The electrician will have to work on the car gear box wirings to know if the gear box is faulty or there was some electrical issues .

My brother before going to Illasa I found myself running helter skelter as I was caught in the crossfire of Mushin agberos and Ladipo parts sellers fighting . What I saw that morning my brother no be small things na bottles and cutlass and other dangerous weapons the agberos and ladipo part seller dey brandish oo . As the kasala pick momentum na so every body start to dey run helter skelter .Shops begin close . Me sef I pic race ooo.. My brothers ben Johnson no see my back oo .I ran like 10 different times and at intervals as the heat was going on right where I parked my car for the stupid dealer to come . Inshort I ran for dear life forgetting my car and I had to run back to pick the car when tension cool small and that was when all those thief council towing van stopped right in front of me saying I was parking in a no park zone .

I shouted at them say abi them no dey see the battle going on for inside ladipo market? make them go there go see the fightings for the selves na . Abi them want make ladipo mushin boys burn my car ? Before I can say jack Robinson they all jumped into the car and said I should drive to there stupid office at one dirty street in Ikale mushin. Like play like play I was running from the fightings in Ladipo and landed into the nets of the council thief’s who demanded 25k from me . After talking with their oga for like 3 hours I parted with 5k to bail my car …

It was from that the journey to illasa to see the electrician began oo..

Anyway to be continued make i rest small PHCN don do their normal thing.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by FlyboyZee: 10:31pm On May 18, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Nah 4k refund for parts delivered but found to be faulty (broken could have happened during delivery no fault of his) that made you want to tarnish luvinghubby image here? And I was thinking it was over 400k abeg send me ur acc.
Dear Gazzuzz, if the least car I have is an 8th generation Honda Civic, I know I'm poor, but not that broke that N4K would irk me some. The problem here is that there was no communication. Instead of telling me he has carried forward my cash as a deposit, he kept asking me to send account number. Haba! Jama ha! I be human being and I work for the cash na...

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by FlyboyZee: 10:33pm On May 18, 2016
anneki:

I believe this is how the wahala started. An account number was asked for and he was never paid / refunded.
Thanks bro, for understanding me. I didn't say N4k was a lot of money, but he kept asking me to send an account number and never crediting it...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by copiescopy(m): 10:38pm On May 18, 2016
FlyboyZee:

@Bolded, the SUV is still being driven with the damaged nozzle till date. The car was in Bayelsa at the time while I was in Nsukka with the Civic and thanked you profusely and excitedly. I spotted the broken nozzle right from the park as the driver handed it to me and there were no particles in the envelope you used to send it. How could that be suspicious?

Guys make una maturely handle this matter !!

You both have ur nos and contact in between yourselves.This can be resolved amicably . I wish you guys all the best .
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by FlyboyZee: 10:51pm On May 18, 2016
copiescopy:

Guys make una maturely handle this matter !!

You both have ur nos and contact in between yourselves.This can be resolved amicably . I wish you guys all the best .
Thanks man...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by FlyboyZee: 10:54pm On May 18, 2016
bashexyz:
I have done alot of business with luvinhubby. Sometimes i even collect parts and not pay till month end when salary enter. He's a down to earth man. I think he even gives people he meets from nairaland special treatment compared to others...

So this whole mix up is just clear miscommunication, which can be resolved amicably.
There is no issue here. All he had to do was to tell me what he said here all this while and I would have been cool with it, instead, he kept asking for my account number as if he was gonna send my money back...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by FlyboyZee: 10:56pm On May 18, 2016
copiescopy:
Na wa o oo .. All this kin wahala na becos of Honda o. Come to think of it again all this started due to some simple misunderstanding by both parties . Its something that can be settled in a mature way . Thank God the issues are not something too difficult as both parties seem mature and i see this as the Buhari Factor . Its the APC change Mantra that is affecting every aspect of the economy that is causing all thing. Once again my brothers please make una settle this amicably .

You drew smiles to my face and made me chuckle alone in my room. Thanks for making my evening. Lol...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by FlyboyZee: 10:59pm On May 18, 2016
luvinhubby:

Boss i dey loyal, only be say i never see your brake lights cheesy
So, how far? You don fit get the nozzle for me?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 8:38am On May 19, 2016
I thought the title of this thread is "maintainance tips for Honda cars". undecided
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by FlyboyZee: 10:57am On May 19, 2016
Macmilla:
I thought the title of this thread is "maintainance tips for Honda cars". undecided
You are on point dear. Those were matters arising from "maintenance of Honda cars". Lol...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mexxy1(m): 12:13pm On May 19, 2016
luvinhubby:

Boss i dey loyal, only be say i never see your brake lights cheesy

Your loyalty is in doubt... grin

Economy and tight schedule never allow me get time but, hopefully I'll contact you soon for some items.

Best regards.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by afoxy17: 2:11pm On May 19, 2016
kingreign:
How to quickly kill a Honda accord transmission.

I was called by this client earlier today to change his transmission ATF, I told him the price of Honda DW-1 ATF,my procedure for oil change and amount for labour. He felt the DW-1 is expensive and he won't be patient enough to allow for recommended ATF change procedure, he left to a Kazeem down the street who eventually bought this. Luckily I drove past there and discovered the operation going on. I decided a picture won't be a bad idea to show folks how to kill a transmission by draining and refilling a very hot transmission with the very wrong ATF spec.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by JayZ55: 4:38pm On May 19, 2016
nas00:

Hope you haven't sucked up a bit of fluid into your combustion chamber via your air intake hose.
Remove your spark plugs and crank engine. If you observe some fluid pushed out of one or more of the orifices, there goes your problem.

Replace the spark plugs, then start the car normally.

Lesson: Always avoid driving through flood. It could wreck your engine instantly.

Thanx God saved me, the fuel pump wires were apparently damaged by rats, reconnected them and walla! Car is running fine n am not driving thru water ever again!!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by yommy2sure(m): 9:27pm On May 20, 2016
Please how much can I get a new genuine battery for accord 06.? Urgent pls... cc luvinghubby and co. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:09pm On May 21, 2016
yommy2sure:
Please how much can I get a new genuine battery for accord 06.? Urgent pls... cc luvinghubby and co. Thanks

For a normal 06 accord, btw 9k - 14k depending on voltage but if for a hybrid, can only do a refill.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by magikalz(m): 3:46pm On May 22, 2016
Hello, guys....I drive a 2005 Honda DC and noticed just yesterday that the gearstick is stiff when you want to move from P to any other gear....even with your leg on the brake.
My mechanic tinkered with a small opening on the floor of the gear stick and it started working again...also, you can shift the stick without matching brake now.....is this normal?

This wahala repeated itself severally yesterday....what could be the problem. I noticed it after changing the cars engine oil. Please any suggestions as to possible causes and solution.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by magikalz(m): 10:07am On May 23, 2016
luvinhubby:

For a normal 06 accord, btw 9k - 14k depending on voltage but if for a hybrid, can only do a refill.
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=45725257]
my number is 08033910382 whatsapp. [/quote

Kindly assist me with this, bosses
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by magikalz(m): 10:08am On May 23, 2016
[quote author=magikalz post=45865619]Hello, guys....I drive a 2005 Honda DC and noticed just yesterday that the gearstick is stiff when you want to move from P to any other gear....even with your leg on the brake.
My mechanic tinkered with a small opening on the floor of the gear stick and it started working again...also, you can shift the stick without matching brake now.....is this normal?

This wahala repeated itself severally yesterday....what could be the problem. I noticed it after changing the cars engine oil. Please any suggestions as to possible causes and solution.[/quote.

@ gazzuz. @luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mimuyi(m): 10:39am On May 23, 2016
Please how much is the following for 2004 Honda accord i4
1.Headlights
2.Catalyst converter
3.rear stabilizer linkage n bush in
P.S luvinhubby is a reliable n straightforward bizness man anyday...Done dealings wit him from pH n he always delivers
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:58pm On May 24, 2016
magikalz:
Hello, guys....I drive a 2005 Honda DC and noticed just yesterday that the gearstick is stiff when you want to move from P to any other gear....even with your leg on the brake.

This wahala repeated itself severally yesterday....what could be the problem. I noticed it after changing the cars engine oil. Please any suggestions as to possible causes and solution.

Your brake switch or the gear selector unit itself.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 24, 2016
Hello Honda gurus,
I drive a 2000 Honda Accord.4 days ago, I drove long distance plus traffic jams,the radiator started overheating with it reflecting on the indicator,looked at by 2 mechanics who noticed a leak on the top.Changed the top today but now,at intervals,there's a hot steam explosively coming from the closed bonnet while running idle.The indicator is below the halfway mark still. On opening the bonnet,a clearly boiling water(or coolant) sound is heard.It is bothersome.
Please help me with a diagnosis so I can understand what's going on.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 24, 2016
Hello Honda gurus,
I drive a 2000 Honda Accord.4 days ago, I drove long distance plus traffic jams,the radiator started overheating with it reflecting on the indicator,looked at by 2 mechanics who noticed a leak on the top.Changed the top today but now,at intervals,there's hot steam explosively coming from the closed bonnet while running idle.The indicator is below the halfway mark still. On opening the bonnet,a clearly boiling water(or coolant) sound is heard.It is bothersome.The panel beater who changed the radiator says the gasket has been affected by the overheating.
Could this be true? He says I shouldn't drive the car again until the gasket is replaced or it will knock the engine.
But I have to go about my business.

Gazzuzz,Luvinhubby,Siena,Macmilia,kindly provide your inputs. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 24, 2016
Hello Honda gurus,
I drive a 2000 Honda Accord.4 days ago, I drove long distance plus traffic jams,the radiator started overheating with it reflecting on the indicator,looked at by 2 mechanics who noticed a leak on the top.Changed the top today but now,at intervals,there's hot steam explosively coming from the closed bonnet while running idle.The indicator is below the halfway mark still. On opening the bonnet,a clearly boiling water(or coolant) sound is heard.It is bothersome.The panel beater who changed the radiator says the gasket has been affected by the overheating.
Could this be true? He says I shouldn't drive the car again until the gasket is replaced or it will knock the engine.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 10:11pm On May 24, 2016
savydo:
Hello Honda gurus,

A lot of things could be the problem and no one can make a diagnosis for u here.
If ur dash indicator is showing normal or low temperature yet ur engine is boiling, then there is a good possibility that ur coolant is no longer circulating.
Do this small test. There are two big rubber tubes leading to and away from ur radiator. One goes into the top of ur radiator while the other leaves from the bottom. When ur engine is hot and almost boiling, touch these two tubes and compare their temperatures. They both should be almost as hot as d engine.
If both are much cooler than d engine, or one is much hotter than the other, then u have a circulation problem, bad water pump, blocked thermostat, bad gasket, etc.
One thing is certain, u cannot go about ur business with a boiling car. grin

Disclaimer: I am not an engineer and I don't work on cars. I just try as much as possible to know as much as possible about what I use. So my opinions are always open to corrections. Gazzuzz and Siena still remain d bosses
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 24, 2016
Thanks, @Macmilia.Hi Mr @Gazzuzz.Kindly help me with a possible solution for my problem above. Thanks for your good works.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:42pm On May 24, 2016
savydo:
Hello Honda gurus,

check and replace radiator cover if it is bad, in most cases it is.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 5:03am On May 25, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

check and replace radiator cover if it is bad, in most cases it is.
Thanks for helping me, Mr @Gazzuzz.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by blessedjohny4u: 6:56am On May 25, 2016
Nice thread indeed and very incisive, maintenance tips for honda cars isnt so different from what is applicable to other cars , all that is needed is to carry out your routine maintenance as at when due under the supervision of trusted technician. http://www.carfactshub.com/2016/05/5-key-preventive-maintenance-you-need.html cheers.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by magikalz(m): 12:22pm On May 25, 2016
luvinhubby:

Your brake switch or the gear selector unit itself.

Which is the brake switch.....pls does it mean I will change the gear transmission entirely. I need a solution possibly.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vicbussi: 6:10pm On May 26, 2016
@oga gazzuzz @ luvinhubby
please my car key refuse to open the car and even cannot start the car after we were able to be open the door.
EOD2003
please help

THANK YOU

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.