Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,927 members, 7,814,119 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare (25074 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan As An Election Observer In Tanzania (Photos) / POLLS: Ijaws Table Jonathan’s Re-election Before Amasiekumor Deity -(PIC) / Bakare's 'Election Before 2015' Sermon Full Text (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare by Kobojunkie: 3:20pm On Jul 23, 2012
goksonjay: I heard some people abusing this man of God. Radicalism is not new to theology. There are radical prophets in the bible too. Elijah prophesied there would be overflow of food in Samaria, and it did come to pass. Apostle Paul was more radical in the new testament. It would be wrong just to jump into conclusion that this man of God is being pushed by self interest. We all must agree that God needs to pass through this country, and am sure He is doing that right away now.

As you can see from the many comments on here, many so-called Nigerian Christians on here, are also PICK-AND-CHOOSE Christians, the kinds that pick apart the Bible for only that which they feel should apply and pretend the rest does not exist.

Like you made clear, no law or rule in the bible says anything of prophets not being able to pursue their political goals, career goals, even as they remain prophets. You can see some have however made themselves judges on what a prophet can or cannot do without themselves ensuring their own "wisdom" aligns with scripture.

It is definitely sad that in 2012, with all the changes happening all across the globe, Nigerians are still not ready in the millions to push forward for change.

3 Likes

Re: There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 23, 2012
Kobojunkie:

As you can see from the many comments on here, many so-called Nigerian Christians on here, are also PICK-AND-CHOOSE Christians, the kinds that pick apart the Bible for only that which they feel should apply and pretend the rest does not exist.

Like you made clear, no law or rule in the bible says anything of prophets not being able to pursue their political goals, career goals, even as they remain prophets. You can see some have however made themselves judges on what a prophet can or cannot do without themselves ensuring their own "wisdom" aligns with scripture.

It is definitely sad that in 2012, with all the changes happening all across the globe, Nigerians are still not ready in the millions to push forward for change.

No body is against Bakare becoming a politician. What we are simply saying is this: the name of the Lord must not be taken in vain: Don't tell us "Thus says the Lord", when it is you that is saying it.

For a Pastor/Prophet to mount the pulpit on a Sunday worship service and shout "up up Jesus, down down Jonathan" is neither Pastoral nor Prophetic but a political obsession that has crossed boundaries.

Either you shout "up up Jesus, down down Satan" (thats more like spiritual) or you shout "up up Buhari/Bakera, down down Jonathan" (thats more like political), but mixing them up (a kind of spirito-political worship) is too demeaning both for the gospel and the preacher thereof.

Even at that, the chant of "up up Buhari/Bakare, down down Jonathan" must not be in the church auditorium and if it must be, it must not be during service and if it must be during service, then that service should be named

"spirito-political worship": where God is relegated to the background and dirty politics is played with the covering of the Bible, Prayers and Jesus Name.

1 Like

Re: There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Jul 23, 2012
inene: Guys, rather than tear our shirts over what Pastor Bakare has said, let us wait and see. Its a matter of time before it comes to pass or not. There is no guarantee that even the Pastor will be there by then because only the almighty God is supreme and knows all things. Whether we like it or not the will of God must pass.

Wait and see what? You will ignore the message of Better Government by your own hands until you see Abacha or the Sultan Of Sokoto die?

P:S -- They are already dead . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare by Myself2(m): 6:07pm On Jul 23, 2012
Bakare is a goat
Re: There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Jul 23, 2012
Like I said. . . .
goksonjay: I heard some people abusing this man of God. Radicalism is not new to theology. There are radical prophets in the bible too. Elijah prophesied there would be overflow of food in Samaria, and it did come to pass. Apostle Paul was more radical in the new testament. It would be wrong just to jump into conclusion that this man of God is being pushed by self interest. We all must agree that God needs to pass through this country, and am sure He is doing that right away now.

Honestly, when I consider what people have made Christianity into, in Nigeria, I cannot help but wonder if it is not better to remove religion from that Country so people can find other forces to blame for the high levels of ignorance that emanates from the mouths of so-called Christians down there.
Old time names like John the Baptist, Nehemiah, Moses, etc -- All prophets -- where also politicians in their time . . . I cannot believe someone in the first page or two attempted to DENY John the Baptists prophet-hood by claiming John erred when he waded into the Herod issue, and paid dearly for it with his head on a silver tray. We are talking of John the baptist, the man Jesus allowed to Baptize him . . . . WHO SAYS THAT!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Imagine a rusted-nail-in-the-head Christian suggesting that there are set rules for what a Prophet can or cannot say - that Prophets, perhaps like female virgins, should speak only when in church and probably speak only of "Godly" things, in the right context--. . . who says that? With these kind of Nigerian Christians, you are bound to get some of the most stupid, mental of restrictions put on what people who are not BOUND IN ANY WAY By God Himself, can or cannot do.

2 Likes

Re: There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare by Nobody: 12:21am On Jul 24, 2012
noblezone:

No body is against Bakare becoming a politician. What we are simply saying is this: the name of the Lord must not be taken in vain: Don't tell us "Thus says the Lord", when it is you that is saying it.

For a Pastor/Prophet to mount the pulpit on a Sunday worship service and shout "up up Jesus, down down Jonathan" is neither Pastoral nor Prophetic but a political obsession that has crossed boundaries.

Either you shout "up up Jesus, down down Satan" (thats more like spiritual) or you shout "up up Buhari/Bakera, down down Jonathan" (thats more like political), but mixing them up (a kind of spirito-political worship) is too demeaning both for the gospel and the preacher thereof.

Even at that, the chant of "up up Buhari/Bakare, down down Jonathan" must not be in the church auditorium and if it must be, it must not be during service and if it must be during service, then that service should be named

"spirito-political worship": where God is relegated to the background and dirty politics is played with the covering of the Bible, Prayers and Jesus Name.

Right!

Since you seem to be the only one that knows the proper etiquette of what to and what not to say within the premises of a church, could you please help us convey to GEJ that its bad manners to refuse to say "Amen" when the preacher prays against corruption in the land, most especially since he (GEJ) claims to be fighting against it.

2 Likes

Re: There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare by ceaser: 2:53am On Jul 24, 2012
A corrupt father will
ultimately corrupt his family as he cannot
distinguish between his wife and his son’s wife........@ y'all, guess who he was talking about there? Yeah, just what I was thinking. Hehehehe. The Otta farmer, na wa for una o. grin
Re: There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare by Olanlere11: 10:56am On Jul 24, 2012
Bakare drinks Alomo before mounting the pulpit. This isn't Gods prophesy. He is desperately seeking power and feels someone must die before he attains power. The voice of the people is the voice of God, 2015 is our election year. Abi him wan organize coup? Alomo bitters speaking
Re: There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 24, 2012
kingoflag:

Right!

Since you seem to be the only one that knows the proper etiquette of what to and what not to say within the premises of a church, could you please help us convey to GEJ that its bad manners to refuse to say "Amen" when the preacher prays against corruption in the land, most especially since he (GEJ) claims to be fighting against it.

Hahahahahaha.
You are so funny!

You mean your problem is saying of "Amen"?
Well, let me pass across a few spiritual things I have learnt. You can speak with your mouth without speaking with you heart. You can say "yes" with your mouth and yet say "no" with your heart. God is not much impressed with what you say with your mouth, it is what you say with your heart that counts. It is not any man's duty to find out who said Amen or not. God knows!

On a very serious note: I never said a preacher should not preach against corruption, I even said a Preacher can join politics yet I am only insisting that the preacher must draw the lines between:

Faith and Positive Thinking. They look alike but are different.
Evangelism and Political Radicalism.
"Thus says the Lord" and "Thus says me".
Worship Service and Political gathering.

For Bakare to declare that there will elections before 2015 is not radicalism but rascal-ism. For your information, I respected Bakare both as a Prophet and a Teacher, but for some time now, he has started speaking from both sides of the mouth.

He it was that declared that Buhari will never rule Nigeria again and called the man "expired", only for him to turn around and call him the "messiah". So which of the the positions was spiritual and which was political? Something is wrong somewhere!

In summary, if you want to preach then preach the gospel for gospel's sake and if you want to cause a mass revolution, then do it in the name of the revolution. The two can never mix.

In the gospel, we are to pray for those in Authority, Forgive our enemies, shun violence and follow peace with all men.

In political revolution: we can move against those in authority, revenge, call for violence and even participate in it, and above all, we don't talk about peace.

I am not necessary against the kind of revolution they have in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya and the current Syria, but the consequences are violence and blood. Show me a preacher who calls for such and I will show you a preacher who has left his job.

The only reason why I have not mobilised against failed experiment called Nigeria to seek for the freedom of the Land of the Rising Sun and the "Japan" of Africa,is also the only reason why I have not mobilised against the slaughterers and butchers of Northern Nigeria is simply because of this gospel.

I believe that we can have good governance but that will have to start from me and my family. From you and your family.

Today, parents are buying admissions and promotions fro their children, money exchange hand in the course of job interviews, policemen accept bribe and allow armed robbers to operate, etc. Why is crime on the increase? You think it is Jonathan that caused all these?

The likes of Bakare should push for the legislators to make laws that usher in good governance. To rule a country is not one man's affair. I was young then, but heard that Murtala Mohammed had good plans before he was killed. And when the man died, his good dreams also died. We need good laws and good institutions and not good "men" per se. Bakare if given the opportunity will end up becoming a tyrant who will be pursuing invisible enemies till his tenor is over.

Finally, I wish to also make it clear here that Nigeria has two major problems that are stagnating her:

1. Poverty: the people are not creative neither productive. Our imports are more than our exports. Our dreams of better "life" is to have fat salary, live in big houses and ride on big cars. Our mind is closed on imaginations innovations and productivity. We don't know about industrialisation and wealth creation, everybody want a fair share of the "national cake". This is what brought corruption. Our people do not know that they can create wealth without stealing of public funds.

2. The second problem is that Nigeria have more unpatriotic than patriotic citizens. Till now, we see it more from ethnic/religious point of view than from "One Nigeria" point of view. Until Nigeria is integrated into one, finding the path to greatness as a Nation will remain an illusion.

Honestly, I am not sure that Nigeria as it is presently constituted will ever find that path. WE must work hard to restructure Nigeria. It is obvious to me that the likes of Bakare and their supporters do not know Nigerias problems.

For your information, in my firm we are moving about both in the South South and the South East, giving free seminars on wealth creation, teaching our younger generation to love work and productivity. We are teaching them to take responsibility for their lives. Government or no government, job or no job, we must move forward and create a great tomorrow for our selves.

Our slogan is "imaginations, innovations and solutions". WE don't care how much a litter of fuel is, what we care for is availability. We don't need government contracts to survive. We think and bring solutions to problems and get paid for it.

It is a matter of time, either Nigeria moves forward, or Biafra will rise to fall no more!

God bless you.
Re: There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare by olushanuoba: 1:24pm On Jul 24, 2012
Travel to london, dubai , etc with less than #120,000. we offer quality service and you can be sure to be given a vip treatment. best fare guaranteed anytime

+2348066079210 and +2347032386875
Re: There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare by Eziachi: 6:47pm On Jul 25, 2012
walton1: When last did bakare preach the message of salvation in his church or an anionting service, as a member I rather listen to discussants on tv or radio then coming to church to hear political issues again.

I think in Nigeria a message of salvation means different thing from one person to another person, depending on the ethic/tribal cap they are putting on. Because in my experience, once a Nigeria had his ethnic/tribal cap firmly on- white is black and black is white, and say what you like, thats the way it is.

If the pastors message was that GEJ will live longer than Nigeria and his only begotten son will succeed him in office, those calling for the head of the pastor now will demand that he be given the grand commander of Nigerian republic.
And those defending him now will turn against him on the other side too.

I remember that it was the same pastor that was threatening thunder and fire if the same GEJ is not made president, when they said Yar Adua can rule from his grave and Jonathan also appreciated his effort too by giving him $50K for taxi fare home as he probably misread the pastor's original motives of fighting for him.

And it seem that the unexpected $50k taxi fare gift tipped the scale between the two men. The pastor now realised that the Nigerian first PHD president is actually as soiled as the rest of them uneducated goons from the past and decided to pitch tent with Buhari to get rid of Jonathan.
That is how I believ is the genesis of Bakare's dislike of Jonathan presidency and the return dislike form Jonathan's camp too.
Re: There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare by Eziachi: 6:55pm On Jul 25, 2012
Tennyrank: I,m surprised majority of people are deducing death of mr president n his vice,being d only way electns can b held b4 2015. They hav not averred their mind 2 impeachment as contained in sectn angry 143 of d constitutn,especially considering d current imbroglio btw d presido n d house of rep over budget implementatn. As we can see d row gettin 2 a crescendo wit some senators backin d house in it's impeachment. Nonetheless, i,m not subscribing 2 d predictn by dis post,even as i,m not a fan of most of d current political elite.
You shouldn't be at the bolded, Nigerians always tell themselves what they wanted to believe and don't even dare to tell them to think.
Re: There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare by Demdem(m): 8:17am On Jul 26, 2012
Eziachi:

I think in Nigeria a message of salvation means different thing from one person to another person, depending on the ethic/tribal cap they are putting on. Because in my experience, once a Nigeria had his ethnic/tribal cap firmly on- white is black and black is white, and say what you like, thats the way it is.

If the pastors message was that GEJ will live longer than Nigeria and his only begotten son will succeed him in office, those calling for the head of the pastor now will demand that he be given the grand commander of Nigerian republic.
And those defending him now will turn against him on the other side too.

I remember that it was the same pastor that was threatening thunder and fire if the same GEJ is not made president, when they said Yar Adua can rule from his grave and Jonathan also appreciated his effort too by giving him $50K for taxi fare home as he probably misread the pastor's original motives of fighting for him.

And it seem that the unexpected $50k taxi fare gift tipped the scale between the two men. The pastor now realised that the Nigerian first PHD president is actually as soiled as the rest of them uneducated goons from the past and decided to pitch tent with Buhari to get rid of Jonathan.
That is how I believ is the genesis of Bakare's dislike of Jonathan presidency and the return dislike form Jonathan's camp too.

Spots on. na $50K bribe money from Retardeen camp which the pastor refused caused all these katakata.
Re: There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare by rasputinn(m): 12:41pm On Jul 26, 2012
^^^
Which Pastor?
Pastor Adeboye or Pastor Kumuyi?please stop denigrating that epithet by associating it with Bakare
Re: There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare by Demdem(m): 12:47pm On Jul 26, 2012
rasputinn: ^^^
Which Pastor?
Pastor Adeboye or Pastor Kumuyi?please stop denigrating that epithet by associating it with Bakare

Because u dont believe he is a Pastor doesnt make him not. To some he is. Face front and park straight. besides there are more intelligent things to be discussed on this thread than this
Re: There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare by Olaolufred(m): 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2012
kingoflag: I did not see anywhere in the post where it can be assumed that Pastor Bakare meant "death" as the means of changing a bad government. But let me ask you a quick question:

IF YOU FATHER WAS EATING $30,000/DAY MEALS, READING N500,000,000 Newspapers, blowing through Trillions of Naira and blew $50billion in one year, and $38billion 6 weeks later. Then, on top of that, decided to saddle you with the "wages" of his sin by selling you a lie called "oil subsidy" just to fund the lifestyle of him and his cronies while ensuring you lived on less that $2/day. . . . Plus he put you in debt by almost $40Billion. . . . .

Tell me : IF YOUR FATHER DROPPED DEAD, WOULD YOU GIVE 2 F*UCKS?!

EXACTLY!

YOU ARE A WISEMAN.
KEEP IT UP.
Re: There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare by Olaolufred(m): 1:30pm On Jul 26, 2012
kingoflag:

Right!

YOU WON MY ADMIRATION.
Re: There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare by KingGeorge1: 2:51pm On Jul 26, 2012
It's just a pity some pple r using d house of God 2 achieve their personal aim,,,well am not surprise,cos it's written in the bible that "many will come in my name but actually not send by me" cos i knw the Bible says that we should respect those is authority,,,but when it has gotten 2 whr pple use the house of the LORD 4 political rally inorder 2 insult n discredit those in power like our so-called Human right activist n political Pastor bakare is doing,,then they themselves should also be ready 2 submit themselves 2 political judgement n all other assessment n remarks face by politician,,since he's more of a politician than a pastor.....
Re: There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare by rasputinn(m): 7:25am On Jul 27, 2012
Demdem:

Because u dont believe he is a Pastor doesnt make him not. To some he is. Face front and park straight. besides there are more intelligent things to be discussed on this thread than this

Clap for yourself boy
Re: There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare by Beaf: 7:28am On Jul 27, 2012
[size=36pt]Tunde Bakare is a false prophet.[/size] embarassed
Re: There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare by Godmann(m): 8:10am On Jul 27, 2012
Beaf: [size=36pt]Tunde Bakare is a false prophet.[/size] embarassed

As all member of Niaraland can testify that Beaf is a "True" Prophet. It is only a true Prophet that can testify for another true Prophet.

And when a false Prophet calls another prophet a false one; We will certainly know the opposite is the truth. If a a know liar, a weak soul without no values nor principles calls one a false prophet, we know that one to be a most true Prophet. Remember Lucifer did all in his power to discredit Christ.

I never expected less from you Beaf. You are true to your character.

Now any unbiased true visitor of Niaraland will know just from your comment, who Tunde Bakare is. Thanks for leading us to the truth.
Re: There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare by Demdem(m): 9:58am On Jul 27, 2012
rasputinn:

Clap for yourself boy

tongue tongue
Re: There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 30, 2012
Olaolufred:

YOU WON MY ADMIRATION.

Thanx man
Re: There Will Be An Election Before 2015 - Bakare by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 30, 2012
Olaolufred:

YOU ARE A WISEMAN.
KEEP IT UP.

We Try.

Thankx

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jonathan Campaign Team Disowns Fayose's Death Advert / Ekweremadu To Get 10 New Exotic Vehicles - Premium Times / 2019: Why Nigerians Must Not Vote PDP - Tinubu Reveals Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.