Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,911 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? (42785 Views)

List Of Super Eagles Squad for Egypt Game / Emenike Rejects Invitation Back To The Super Eagles Squad / Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:13am On Jan 05, 2008
Lets go Nigeria, I have faith in my compatriots!!!
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by brushparke(m): 6:23pm On Jan 06, 2008
It's not just the faith, but it's about being realistic. I want Nigeria to win but can they win?
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by davidif: 10:11pm On Jan 06, 2008
Man, ivory coast looks formidable. They have the Toures, the Kalou's, the Kone's and i've not even started talking about their giant.
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:09pm On Jan 06, 2008
ye with little faith grin
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 07, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

ye with little faith grin

that "faith" will soon be knocked out of u when the Ivorians put 3 unreplied goals past u
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by dayokanu(m): 9:29am On Jan 07, 2008
If na faith Togo for win world cup.
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by Iman3(m): 4:18pm On Jan 07, 2008
I want Ivory Coast to reach the Final so that Drogba,Toure and Eboue can stay longer

Nigeria should be knocked out in the Q/F grin
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by Jarus(m): 7:54pm On Jan 07, 2008
I can't say Eagles can win this Nations cup but one thing about Eagles is that they are unpredictable. When you put your hope in them they disappoint,but when you write them off, they spring surprises.

If array of world class stars are anything to go by, CIV are by far the best, followed by NGR,SENEGAL,GHANA and CAMEROUN in that order. But unfortunately, array of stars is not what makes a team but teamwork and commitment.Unfortunately for Nigeria again, CIV and Ghana are still above us by teamwork and commitment criteria. Their players are more committed than ours.

Form is equally important.Morocco held France to a 2-2 draw and drubbed Senegal 3-0 recently, a pointer their current rich vein of form.So watch out for them.

Cameroun are dangerous anytime.

I learnt the top two in our group will face the top 2 Group D(GHANA,MOROCCO,GUINEA , ). I prefer we face Guinea because they are surer for us than Ghana and Morocco even though I still believe NGR-GHN chance is 50-50 even in front of their fans. So I pray we top our group and Guinea comes second in their group or vice versa.

Vogts team?
Minus the exclusion of Ordiah,I think that is the best we have for now.
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by babsod: 11:10pm On Jan 07, 2008
Danmasani i buy your idea, we have all the players the world need, so what are we talking about we have the best squad in Ghana 2008. i know we will win the nations cup.
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by dayokanu(m): 6:29am On Jan 08, 2008
If array of world class stars are anything to go by, CIV are by far the best, followed by NGR,SENEGAL,GHANA and CAMEROUN in that order. B

I disagree strongly with this who are the stars in Nigeria when we have danny shittu and Olofinjana from lower leagues in our team probably will start. with other light weights like Taiwo, Etuhu, i dont even know out right full back and only Mikel plays in a top club worthy of note. Even you cant compare Mikel's relevance to Essien in Chelsea.
Think Naija football is on the down even Mali has Kanoute - Sevilla a top club, Sissoko - top Club, Diarra - Best club in the world, Seydou Keita, Bagayoko etc
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by issue(m): 9:53am On Jan 08, 2008
I want Ivory Coast to reach the Final so that Drogba,Toure and Eboue can stay longer

Nigeria should be knocked out in the Q/F

@ I-man :
what english premiership side do u support?
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by salinco(m): 12:23pm On Jan 08, 2008
I-man:

Nigeria should be knocked out in the Q/F grin
We should send you this Ivorian out-of this thread, UP NIGERIAN! UP NIGERIAN!! UP NIGERIAN!!!
We shall surprise you in our 1st game cheesy grin wink smiley
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by 9jatourist(f): 11:25pm On Jan 08, 2008
At an affordable price, you can watch the final game of the 2008 African Cup of Nations live in Accra Ghana, tour the city of Accra and more,

This event would be taken place between the 9th of February - 11th of February

For more information, contact us @

EASYLINK TRAVELS & TOURS LTD
3, Birrel Avenue, Sabo
Lagos.
Tel: 0702-8199015, 0802-7129057, 01-7736453
E-mail: easylinktravels@yahoo.com
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by salinco(m): 8:29am On Jan 09, 2008
9jatourist:

At an affordable price, you can watch the final game of the 2008 African Cup of Nations live in Accra Ghana, tour the city of Accra and more,

This event would be taken place between the 9th of February - 11th of February

For more information, contact us @

EASYLINK TRAVELS & TOURS LTD
3, Birrel Avenue, Sabo
Lagos.
Tel: 0702-8199015, 0802-7129057, 01-7736453
E-mail: easylinktravels@yahoo.com

so what is your price, if affordable as you said on this tread.
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 09, 2008
Mannerless Super Eagles and board.
Other African players are in their camp
making series of trainning and practice,
they seems not to care.

Imagine, three members of the first team
playing against each other
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by salinco(m): 1:41pm On Jan 09, 2008
dason4life:

Mannerless Super Eagles and board.
Other African players are in their camp
making series of trainning and practice,
they seems not to care.

Imagine, three members of the first team
playing against each other

Is it only Nigeria that you see such? my friend wake-up! Nigerian Team will surely surprise you
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 09, 2008
salinco:

Is it only Nigeria that you see such? my friend wake-up! Nigerian Team will surely surprise you

Yes, it is only Nigeria.
I am not wishing the Eagles bad luck
but they should be discipline.
Imagine, Martins will feature against Man-u
when Nations cup will be on
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by kojeiwa(m): 7:16pm On Jan 09, 2008
List of Nigeria Players already in Camp at Malaga, Spain for the Ghana 2008 Training. 21 players have showed up

Richard Eromoigbe
Ifeanyi Emeghara
Lukman Haruna
Kingsely Udoh
Efe Ambrose
Osaze Odemwingie
Onyekachi Okonkwo
Sani Kaita
Ayodele Makinwa
Rabiu Ibrahim
Obinna Nsofor
Obinna Nwaneri
Oluwaseyi Olofinjana
Apam Onyekachi
Vincent Enyeama
Bamidele Aiyenugba
Austin Ejide
Rabiu Afolabi
Isiaku Mannaseh
Yusuf Ayila
Obafemi Martins.
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by oscarmumae(m): 8:55pm On Jan 09, 2008
NIGERIA CAN NOT WIN THE NATION'S CUP, THEY ARE ONLY GOING TO TRY THEIR BEST AS USUAL
because WE ARE GOING TO PLAY WITH BETTER SIDE TOO.[flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by Kudanis(m): 11:52pm On Jan 09, 2008
Nigeria 2-0 Sudan
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by Kudanis(m): 12:09am On Jan 10, 2008
I Nigeria have the capability of winning the African cup of nation this time. Forget about where some of our players played, lower division or not, it all depend on team work. You remembered, Junior Agogo  scored when we lost 4-1 to Ghana. Is Junior Agogo not playing in a lower division?
This African cup of nation will be full of surprises. I'm even afraid of Mali than the so called Ivory Coast. Ivory cost lost 1-2 to Angola some couple of weeks ago.
Meanwhile presently speaking there are 26 Super eagles players in the Malaga camp in Spain.

All what i know is that Nigeria will parade in the final day of the African cup of nation.
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by salinco(m): 11:14am On Jan 10, 2008
Kudanis:

Nigeria 2-0 Sudan
Quite a good start you know ooooooooo
All the doubting Thomas you shall see, you just sit and watch the good football display.
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 10, 2008
With Drogba, Kalou, Yaya & Kolo Toure, Kanute and rest
of them, I don't think I will watch the group stage match

grin grin grin grin
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by onavae(m): 2:53pm On Jan 10, 2008
use 4-3-3
emeghara-yobo-shittu-taiwo
etuhu-mikel-ibrahim R.
osaze-yakubu-kanu.

subs: martins, utaka, apam, afolabi.

wetin de the CIV and mali sef?
Nigeria is still rated no. 1 in Africa.
no b Ghana wey we de see for their last two friendlies?

watch out. 20th is around the corner. nigeria and mali will get past the group stages. all u sceptics will swallow ur words, u'll cee.
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by chx: 7:52pm On Jan 10, 2008
I strongly believe in the Nigerian team. grin
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by tosinadeda: 9:18pm On Jan 10, 2008
i think ayila and lukman shoiuld av made the final list
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by ifyalways(f): 10:44pm On Jan 10, 2008
kojeiwa:

List of Nigeria Players already in Camp at Malaga, Spain for the Ghana 2008 Training. 21 players have showed up

Richard Eromoigbe
Ifeanyi Emeghara
Lukman Haruna
Kingsely Udoh
Efe Ambrose
Osaze Odemwingie
Onyekachi Okonkwo
Sani Kaita
Ayodele Makinwa
Rabiu Ibrahim
Obinna Nsofor
Obinna Nwaneri
Oluwaseyi Olofinjana
Apam Onyekachi
Vincent Enyeama
Bamidele Aiyenugba
Austin Ejide
Rabiu Afolabi
Isiaku Mannaseh
Yusuf Ayila
Obafemi Martins.
i used to be confident before but seeing this now errrrrrrrr dont know again. undecided
is this really true?as in is this the true list? cry cry cry
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by tosinadeda: 10:55pm On Jan 10, 2008
ifyalways:

i used to be confident before but seeing this now errrrrrrrr don't know again. undecided
is this really true?as in is this the true list? cry cry cry

here is the real list

THE FULL SQUAD:

Goalkeepers:
Austin Ejide, Dele Aiyenugba, Vincent Enyeama

Defenders:
Joseph Yobo, Danny Shittu, Rabiu Afolabi, Taye Taiwo, Ifeanyi Emeghara, Onyekachi Apam, Obinna Nwaneri

Midfielders:
John Mikel Obi, Seyi Olofinjana, Onyekachi Okonkwo, Ike Uche, Dickson Etuhu, Richard Eromoigbe

Forwards:
Nwankwo Kanu, John Utaka, Obafemi Martins, Ayo Makinwa, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Obinna Nsofor, Osaze Odemwingie
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by ifyalways(f): 12:10am On Jan 11, 2008
@tosin thanks.this sure looks better and comforting than the first list.
but hmmmmn super eagles,anyway lets wait and see. undecided
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by stunnazin(m): 5:14am On Jan 11, 2008
did u see the the Berti Vorgts Mid-field (John Mikel Obi, Seyi Olofinjana, Onyekachi Okonkwo, Ike Uche, Dickson Etuhu, Richard Eromoigbe).

My only fear is our Mid-field and thts a load of work for the defenders,  i pray Yobo doesn't fumble this time and let just wish them luck. coz that all they'll be needng,  they've got the experience they just need Luck so they don't come out with bronze this time
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by tboy81(m): 11:08am On Jan 11, 2008
Feel Ayila should have replaced Olofinjana (just my humble opinion)

and Ayo Makinwa?? , undecided undecided undecided, let's wait and see. (the guy reminds me of , Saha grin)
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by salehm(m): 12:56pm On Jan 11, 2008
well as for Vogts selection it's not a bad one but he should have looked twice before picking Olofinjana ahead of Ayila.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Tyson Fury Reached Out To Anthonyjoshua After His Loss To Andy Ruiz Jnr / Five Countries Qualify For AFCON 2022 / Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.