Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? (42787 Views)

List Of Super Eagles Squad for Egypt Game / Emenike Rejects Invitation Back To The Super Eagles Squad / Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by coolkaboom(m): 11:47pm On Jan 12, 2008
we be naija and d moment we start doubtin ourselves, d opponents hav won.since when did we become a country of lilly-livered supporters?ordinary CIV and Mali de make us quake ke?i no know wetin de worry una, but as 4 me, i am confident in my belief that we shall not only overcome and prevail, we shall bring back the cup because we hav done our homework well and d bench is solid tactically.

that has always been d problem, when u have weakness of leadership from d bench , players selection is not done on merit but rather based on federal character provisions and stupid clique-mentality. Vogts is a professional and he also has his own name and reputation at stake.

omo naija, lets unite in our support 4 our glorious team. they'll make us proud in Ghana.
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by 4peace(m): 9:59am On Jan 13, 2008
the only person i don't like in the team is Ayo Makinwa.May he will proof me wrong i don't know
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by timbahama(m): 12:05am On Jan 14, 2008
wat is AYO MAKINWA doing in Nigerian team, this shows the level of corruption and wire pulling in the national team,
makinwa cannot pass,run and score
since he began playing for nigeria he has not scored more than 2 goals and even in his club he does not even play how com he is in the team,
God please save Nigeria
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by salinco(m): 12:18pm On Jan 14, 2008
salehm:

well as for Vogts selection it's not a bad one but he should have looked twice before picking Olofinjana ahead of Ayila.
I agreed Olofinjana has not being good recently, I only hope he improve in is game.
4peace:

the only person i don't like in the team is Ayo Makinwa.May he will proof me wrong i don't know
Makinwa is a good player but with no luck. Although I could have prefer Ayila to him but they play at different section of the field. 
In all we still have a very good team.
cool cool cool cool
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by dayokanu(m): 4:56pm On Jan 14, 2008
Nigeria no longer has quality players Imagine Danny Shittu, Dickson Etuhu, Olofinjana, Makinwa, e.t.c in our team Jeez this is crazy
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by Jarus(m): 5:52pm On Jan 14, 2008
Emotionally speaking, I would have also criticised the exclusion of Ayila but the fact is that Ayila is not in form. He was ineffective in the friendly matches he played for Nigeria. No doubt,on his day,I believe he is our best combative midfielder.Very hardworking and serious on pitch. In fact if I were in Vogts shoe, despite loss of form,I would have still included him ahead of Olofinjana, who knows, he may pick form in Ghana.I have confident in him more than any other defensive MF of ours. But I don't have any strong, provable point to justify his incusion inspite of aglaring loss of form.

My team:
------------------------------------------ENYEAMA------------------------------------------------------------

APAM------------------------YOBO--------------------SHITTU-----------------------------------TAIWO----

-----------------------------------------------ETUHU-----------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------MIKEL--------------------------------------------------------------

UTAKA--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OSAZE

----------------------------------YAKUBU----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------MARTINS---------------------------------------------------

SUB:
KANU FOR YAK
UCHE FOR OSAZE

GO EAGLES, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CIV MUST NOT BEAT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by islanderee(m): 5:58pm On Jan 14, 2008
Nigerians should appreciate the facts that New Players are coming in to the Eagles. Let gives chances to the upcoming ones. He (Vogts) understandings his team let wait and see.
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by kojeiwa(m): 8:21pm On Jan 14, 2008
I thought it should be 11 players. But you only have 10.

ife-eco-06:

Emotionally speaking, I would have also criticised the exclusion of Ayila but the fact is that Ayila is not in form. He was ineffective in the friendly matches he played for Nigeria. No doubt,on his day,I believe he is our best combative midfielder.Very hardworking and serious on pitch. In fact if I were in Vogts shoe, despite loss of form,I would have still included him ahead of Olofinjana, who knows, he may pick form in Ghana.I have confident in him more than any other defensive MF of ours. But I don't have any strong, provable point to justify his incusion inspite of aglaring loss of form.

My team:
------------------------------------------ENYEAMA------------------------------------------------------------

APAM------------------------YOBO--------------------SHITTU-----------------------------------TAIWO----

-----------------------------------------------ETUHU-----------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------MIKEL--------------------------------------------------------------

UTAKA--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OSAZE

----------------------------------YAKUBU----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------MARTINS---------------------------------------------------

SUB:
KANU FOR YAK
UCHE FOR OSAZE

GO EAGLES, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CIV MUST NOT BEAT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by kojeiwa(m): 8:23pm On Jan 14, 2008
Please o, if there is any link or website online to watch the Nations Cup, please kindly put up the link.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by hollandis(f): 8:47am On Jan 15, 2008
I wont 4 get how the half cast senegalese right full back ,diomasey camara(i think)disgraced taiye taiwo(several times) at the last nations cup.If not for tactical blunder from the senegalese coach,they would have won that match

What the hell taiye taiwo , seyi olofinjana , ayo makinwa .

i criticize the non inclusion of ayila and odiah very hard working players

why are we conservatives? and not progressives
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by dayokanu(m): 9:06am On Jan 15, 2008
So you remember what Diomansy did to Taiye Taiwo too, a lot of medoicres like Makinwa, Danny Shittu, DIckson Etuhu., Olofinjana, Taiye Taiwo,
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by hollandis(f): 9:25am On Jan 15, 2008
@dayokanu,i remember what that guy did to taiye taiwo o,the inept seyi olofijana et al, dont even have the pedegree to be the chosen few.
I just hope we can surpass the 3 rd place or even retain it
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by dayokanu(m): 10:38am On Jan 15, 2008
This is the worst Nigerian team of all time those players on a good day can't play for BCC lions of Gboko reserve team of 1991 Moses Kpakor, John Zaki, Amir Angwe, even Edema Fuludu are better than those paralympians.
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by salinco(m): 3:12pm On Jan 15, 2008
dayokanu:

This is the worst Nigerian team of all time those players on a good day can't play for BCC lions of Gboko reserve team of 1991 Moses Kpakor, John Zaki, Amir Angwe, even Edema Fuludu are better than those paralympians.
I doubt there are many option for the Technical Adviser but he still take some good decisions.
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by ayusman16(m): 4:01pm On Jan 15, 2008
If u were the coach name a better squad that u think can win the nations cup
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by viee(f): 4:13pm On Jan 15, 2008
Dickson Etuhu & Shittu are good players
i dnt quite like the inclusion of Makinwa because he seems off form
also Taiwo has been badly exposed but who can replace him?

but i think d team is quite ok.
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by anusule(m): 8:35pm On Jan 15, 2008
viee:

Dickson Etuhu & Shittu are good players
i dnt quite like the inclusion of Makinwa because he seems off form
also Taiwo has been badly exposed but who can replace him?

but i think d team is quite ok.

shittu is damn ok. you need to watch him play at watford. etuhu is ok as well. not sure of makinwa, he used to be hot some time ago.
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by DisGuy: 4:18am On Jan 16, 2008
salinco:

I doubt there are many option for the Technical Adviser but he still take some good decisions.

true

I think if we want Mikel to play midfield olifinjana and Etuhu have to be in the team. Ayila is a very good player but covering mikel will be too much work

Remember this is AFN the games are very physical, you need tall strong players like Seyi to cover up.
Still cant believe we don't have a replacement for Taiye Taiwo, he's always hunting for goals, he's way too clumsy and slow
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by HNIC(m): 9:26am On Jan 16, 2008
Let's be realistic.Vogts has got an uphill task in front of him.
The quality in the nigerian team is not fantastic.
Gone are the days when our players used to play in top teams, Barca, Juventus,Ajax,Arsenal etc, Where do they play now?Sunderland, Watford,etc, embarassed embarassed embarassed
Let's see what happens in this one, I am a Nigerian, so I am optimistic,but going by the indices available,not so sure we will go far.
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by bigB4(m): 10:12am On Jan 16, 2008
I learnt Austin Ejide is the first choice GK according to Idah's claim
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by dayokanu(m): 10:47am On Jan 16, 2008
Anyone can be good playing in lower divisions Olofinjana and Shittu play in lower divisions. A good player has no business playing in division 2
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 16, 2008
dayokanu:

Anyone can be good playing in lower divisions Olofinjana and Shittu play in lower divisions. A good player has no business playing in division 2

what do you say about Nigeria's ever best midfielder?
I mean Jay-Jay?
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by salinco(m): 2:08pm On Jan 16, 2008
HNIC:

Let's be realistic.Vogts has got an uphill task in front of him.
The quality in the nigerian team is not fantastic.
Gone are the days when our players used to play in top teams, Barca, Juventus,Ajax,Arsenal etc, Where do they play now?Sunderland, Watford,etc, embarassed embarassed embarassed
Let's see what happens in this one, I am a Nigerian, so I am optimistic,but going by the indices available,not so sure we will go far.
just be optimistic cool cool cool
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by dayokanu(m): 3:16pm On Jan 16, 2008
Jay-Jay at his peak can never move near division 2- Now try to sign Maradona and see his worth
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by viee(f): 4:28pm On Jan 16, 2008
dayokanu:

A good player has no business playing in division 2

not all d players who play in the priemiership are good enuff
at the end of d day, it is a question of the ability of the coach to use d players well
granted some playas hv exceptional ability but d TA still need to get them to blend with the style of play of d team isnt Sheva talented
that i think is what we shld be hoping Vogts will be able to do with the Eagles really
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by kojeiwa(m): 4:52pm On Jan 16, 2008
Abeg any online link to watch the African Nations cup, make una post am o. Thanks in advance
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by DisGuy: 6:30pm On Jan 16, 2008
dayokanu:

Tell us the good Nigerian players especially defenders playing in the first team for their club.

wolves and Watford were in the premiership last year and the year before anyway.
you are making sound like we have some outstanding players left out
plus some of these players have to be used regularly so they can get work permits
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by ahidjo: 7:31pm On Jan 16, 2008
Eagles squad: http://themainbowl.com/Eagles%20squad.html
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by ahidjo: 9:04pm On Jan 16, 2008
watch nations cup actions at telesud.us
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by dayokanu(m): 10:10pm On Jan 16, 2008
What I am saying is that Nigerian football is crap. WHich top country would take players from 2nd division to tournaments? Nigeria Shame!!!!!
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by hollandis(f): 12:04am On Jan 17, 2008
viee:

not all d players who play in the priemiership are good enough
at the end of d day, it is a question of the ability of the coach to use d players well
granted some playas hv exceptional ability but d TA still need to get them to blend with the style of play of d team isnt Sheva talented
that i think is what we shld be hoping Vogts will be able to do with the Eagles really

Why do you guys post nasty comments?Are you justifying the inclusion of div 1 and 2 players?Berra hold you peace before I pour my venom on you.
Nigeria will wobble,stumble and fumble.When we have an array of stars all over the world.Vogts,for reasons best known to his apari head,decided to look for div 1 players.
If we dont retain our feat at the last nations cup ,I will blame no one but me(for being a die hard nigeria supporter)
Re: Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? by folahann(m): 1:01pm On Jan 17, 2008
dayokanu:

What I am saying is that Nigerian football is crap. WHich top country would take players from 2nd division to tournaments? Nigeria Shame!!!!!
Al we need to is to build a team the personalities of players does not play a part in this. Division 3 in England is better than First divisioned home-based

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Tyson Fury Reached Out To Anthonyjoshua After His Loss To Andy Ruiz Jnr / Five Countries Qualify For AFCON 2022 / Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.