Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,023 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? - Car Talk (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (103161 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Homguy(m): 8:27am On Aug 19, 2014
CityNG:

1) ... I left the badge alone to further confuse Corvettes on why a lowly pick up truck is continuously in front of them despite their best intentions
lmao. i love this! the confusion such acts creates with the drivers you overtake adds to the thrill.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Homguy(m): 10:03am On Aug 19, 2014
Siena:
Dude, simply admit you messed up, buying a car without knowing what engine it has. Buying a car BLIND, so to speak.
Paid for, received as a gift, knowing what engine your car has is as basic as knowing what colour it is. How on earth would you buy parts for your car, if you don't know what you car actually is??
CityNG:

Where I live has no bearing on you not knowing the propulsion system in your car.

You're still on here arguing and don't even know the gravity of your automotive cluelessness.

Ps: you also need some English comprehension skills.
obviously, both of you are based outside Nigeria. A lot of nigerians buy cars without knowing as little as its engine displacement. As long as they have been told that car does not consume fuel. That probably the case here. In Nigeria there are so many issues in the daily grind that acquiring such specialized knowledge comes tertiary. I personally wouldn't buy a car without knowing every nit bit about that ride. King might not really be that savvy,but it might not be his fault. Circumstances are very varied. However, I wouldn't even drive a car without having a rough idea of the plant moving me. Different strokes for diverse folks.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 19, 2014
Homguy: obviously, both of you are based outside Nigeria. A lot of nigerians buy cars without knowing as little as its engine displacement. As long as they have been told that car does not consume fuel. That probably the case here. In Nigeria there are so many issues in the daily grind that acquiring such specialized knowledge comes tertiary. I personally wouldn't buy a car without knowing every nit bit about that ride. King might not really be that savvy,but it might not be his fault. Circumstances are very varied. However, I wouldn't even drive a car without having a rough idea of the plant moving me. Different strokes for diverse folks.

We need to stop celebrating laziness.

Before I left Nigeria I had owned maybe 5 cars and at least 3 motorcycles and I knew exactly what powered all this vehicles. Again, where I live has nothing to do with someone else automotive ineptness.

Doesn't Ikenna live in Nigeria? Isn't he all over Peugeot and their various engines? What about YoungBoss and others?

Stop pretending that Nigerian is some sort of unique landscape that clouds it's citizenry in lack of information.

I spent almost every day of the past 3 weeks in Cyber cafes in Ibadan and I listened to fellow surfers as they conducted themselves online,so Nigerian do know stuff. You just have an individual here who didn't take any effort to knowing the basic thing about his car. I have only met one other person who did knew so little. She did not know if her car was a 2 door or 4 door.

Nigerians are smart and intelligent people, stop making excuses based on where I live for those that do not apply intelligence to their actions.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by king406(m): 3:34pm On Aug 19, 2014
Siena:

Dude, simply admit you messed up, buying a car without knowing what engine it has. Buying a car BLIND, so to speak.

Paid for, received as a gift, knowing what engine your car has is as basic as knowing what colour it is. How on earth would you buy parts for your car, if you don't know what you car actually is??
. Ok man I admit, but at least I know what I'm driving now huh?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by king406(m): 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
CityNG:

Where I live has no bearing on you not knowing the propulsion system in your car.

You're still on here arguing and don't even know the gravity of your automotive cluelessness.

Ps: you also need some English comprehension skills.
hey man I donno why u are attacking me here I thought we are all friends here sorry if I've offended u in anyway. And not everybody can afford to buy data all the time just to browse about cars, some of us are students, some of us are workers that have no time to browse we just need cars with fuel economy that will serve us daily without consuming a lot of fuel or break down all the time, so lay off pls.

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 19, 2014
I don't think car enthusiasts have to be foreign based, it's just a matter of your personal interest. I haven't been abroad, but from what i see on youtube, even the average US citizen is probably more naive than your average nigerian!

Besides, most of our tokunbo cars here have lots of local mechanic interference on the engine and after several resales...who knows,. Before i sold my 2.0 97 Jetta with a fuel Injector system...the Injector had an electronic fault nobody could figure out. Eventually, it was converted to electric carburettor, and eventually, the 2.0 upper engine block replaced with a 1.8 engine block and lots of wires snipped. Long story short, i sold off a 2.0 jetta with a 1.8 half engine. Only a car enthusiast will take time to even know whats up with that.

Oh, and the other day, a friend's 1.6 TDi 08 jetta had kick starter issues, and the autoshop people were too expensive and not readily available, so he called a local roadside guy, who brought some kick starter from God knows where. The car starts fine now, but sounds like a Tractor sneezing when starting.

Am just saying 2nd hand cars which are in high prevalence here in nigeria do not necessarily have the stock engine parts, and you can't really blame locals here for not bothering to know, since its most likely probably not accurate, but then some aren't like so.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
king406: . Ok man I admit, but at least I know what I'm driving now huh?

A good start. Now rack open your hood and get familiar with your vehicle.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
king406: hey man I donno why u are attacking me here I thought we are all friends here sorry if I've offended u in anyway. And not everybody can afford to buy data all the time just to browse about cars, some of us are students, some of us are workers that have no time to browse we just need cars with fuel economy that will serve us daily without consuming a lot of fuel or break down all the time, so lay off pls.

I'm not attacking you, you just think I am. If I Was attackin gyou LomoMike would have banned me. Again.

What we hav ehere is trying to encourage you to take responsibility fo ryour vehicle, something you haven't been pressed to do.

All the excuses you are given are just that.

Go and look a tmy profile picture adn youwill see my response to your request. I intend to ride you (withing the limits of the TOS of NL) until you come back with a complete and full identification of your vehicle propultion system.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 19, 2014
gmyguy: I don't think car enthusiasts have to be foreign based, it's just a matter of your personal interest. I haven't been abroad, but from what i see on youtube, even the average US citizen is probably more naive than your average nigerian!

Besides, most of our tokunbo cars here have lots of local mechanic interference on the engine and after several resales...who knows,. Before i sold my 2.0 97 Jetta with a fuel Injector system...the Injector had an electronic fault nobody could figure out. Eventually, it was converted to electric carburettor, and eventually, the 2.0 upper engine block replaced with a 1.8 engine block and lots of wires snipped. Long story short, i sold off a 2.0 jetta with a 1.8 half engine. Only a car enthusiast will take time to even know whats up with that.

Oh, and the other day, a friend's 1.6 TDi 08 jetta had kick starter issues, and the autoshop people were too expensive and not readily available, so he called a local roadside guy, who brought some kick starter from God knows where. The car starts fine now, but sounds like a Tractor sneezing when starting.

Am just saying 2nd hand cars which are in high prevalence here in nigeria do not necessarily have the stock engine parts, and you can't really blame locals here for not bothering to know, since its most likely probably not accurate, but then some aren't like so.

I won't debate the other points that you raised as they are not related to this thread.

The car you sold that you used as an example, did it have a turbo engine in it?

I fit had a turbo engine with the pump and all the plumbings, are you going to tell me that an average Nigerian who opened the hod will not know it haas a turbo engine?

I continue to refute your claim that Nigerians are automotive dunces. They are not.

PS: I still do not understadn the current knee jerk reaction of trying to use place of residence to debate. I just spent almost 4 weeks in Nigeria up until Thursday last week, Nigeria is not Mars or some unique landscape.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by peterjero(m): 8:15pm On Aug 19, 2014
I had a small thrill today when I was driving my jalopy(1989 camry) around the eliozu Road in Port Harcourt doing around 100km/h when and 08 Toyota Tacoma Zoomed passed me since my car is old, I floored the throttle and didn't get what I want so I down shifted to gear 4 I hit 130, so when the Tacoma guy noticed I was tailing him he fired more, to cut the long story short, I hit 170 and Zoomed passed him my steering wheel was vibrating already at 140 but was bent on telling the Tacoma guy that my jalopy was well maintained.
And I've also beaten my former record of 160kmh on my jalopy. When I buy my audi a4 quattro I will do 200kmh

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Homguy(m): 9:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
peterjero: I had a small thrill today when I was driving my jalopy(1989 camry) around the eliozu Road in Port Harcourt doing around 100km/h when and 08 Toyota Tacoma Zoomed passed me since my car is old, I floored the throttle and didn't get what I want so I down shifted to gear 4 I hit 130, so when the Tacoma guy noticed I was tailing him he fired more, to cut the long story short, I hit 170 and Zoomed passed him my steering wheel was vibrating already at 140 but was bent on telling the Tacoma guy that my jalopy was well maintained.
And I've also beaten my former record of 160kmh on my jalopy. When I buy my audi a4 quattro I will do 200kmh
cool! but you shouldn't expect anymore from a tacoma. A stock 2.7l four cylinder engine
wouldnt do more especially on a large truck. besides your Camry' s got a lower weight-power ratio. an ideal opponent would be a Gl golf 3, not a Gti*wink*
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by laivwire(m): 9:08pm On Aug 19, 2014
Okay! I finally exhausted all the 21 pages. Whew.Now it's my turn, 140km/h on a Mits Galant 1999. Ore Benin express. Hope to do more tho, about to steal a ride on my cousin's MB E500. Will be back

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 19, 2014
@CityNG knowing about cars I think in my own opinion is all about having a passion for cars. Not every one knows what the numbers behind the trunk of cars means. Everyone in my house knows I have passion for cars I can even tell cars by looking partially at some part or evening seeing the rear light at night.

I was at the mechanic with my brother and he thought all e class had V6 engines I had to teach him that any e class with E500 is a V8 and some where even i4s, he was even more confused when I called it a w211 and when my mechanic pointed to a bmw I replied saying you mean the E36. You need to have a passion for cars to know all those if not you won't bother researching or checking edmunds just to feed your eyes like I do which was what that led me to NL at first.

Knowing the engine in your car should be a "must" before evening making payment. I remember some guy on this forum bought a Volvo XC90 and he complained it wasn't economical and someone asked was it a V6 or V8 and annoying as it sounds he didn't know.

I thinks it's different strokes for different folks sad to know people buy cars without researching.

I don't see it as a Nigerian thingy just people not having a passion for cars.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
I don't have a passion for buying houses but I know enough to know how many bedrooms it has.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 20, 2014
cne010: I don't see it as a Nigerian thingy just people not having a passion for cars.

I'm sorry, I definitely see it as a Nigerian thing.

I don't know of anyone in the West, who drives an automobile legitimately, that doesn't know what the engine size of their car is. Otherwise how on earth would they insure their vehicles? The insurer will ALWAYS ask for the engine capacity.

Part of Nigeria's problem is a high percentage of owners don't insure their vehicles, or get them inspected (road worthiness, or whatever it's called).

It pays to be more clued up.

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:11am On Aug 20, 2014
Siena:

I don't know of anyone in the West, who drives an automobile legitimately, that doesn't know what the engine size of their car is. Otherwise how on earth would they insure their vehicles? The insurer will ALWAYS ask for the engine capacity.

Part of Nigeria's problem is a high percentage of owners don't insure their vehicles, or get them inspected (road worthiness, or whatever it's called).

Or maintain them by buying proper parts.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 20, 2014
Siena:

You have a point!

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by peterjero(m): 2:08am On Aug 20, 2014
Homguy: cool! but you shouldn't expect anymore from a tacoma. A stock 2.7l four cylinder engine
wouldnt do more especially on a large truck. besides your Camry' s got a lower weight-power ratio. an ideal opponent would be a Gl golf 3, not a Gti*wink*
Nope the the Toyota Tacoma has got v6 badge on it and SR5 badge as well, and that's apparently a 4.0liters engine same found on the fj cruiser I guess. Golf GTI IS A MONSTER.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 2:52am On Aug 20, 2014
peterjero:
Nope the the Toyota Tacoma has got v6 badge on it and SR5 badge as well, and that's apparently a 4.0liters engine same found on the fj cruiser I guess. Golf GTI IS A MONSTER.

And as I keep telling you guys you can't tell based on the badge.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by olamega(m): 6:09am On Aug 20, 2014
Yeah sure. Badge is not entirely enough. I can't imagine myself driving a car that I don't know about.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Homguy(m): 9:44am On Aug 20, 2014
CityNG:

given that a car could easily be modified such as to invalidate the badge it carries, a badge is almost always the sole indicator of a car's innards to an observer, which we most often are. I reside in ibadan(golf 3's are used as cabs), boarded a golf 3 last year, and during that trip , noticed the golf out accelerated most private vehicles, the suspension was stiffer than a regular golf, I could feel the torque as it revved. I was pleasantly surprised. asked the driver why his golf was different from a regular golf 3 and he said he didn't know, all he knows is that, in his words "o maa n sare gaan. ti m ba oona die si bai a maa salo ni" I alighted at the end of the journey to find a GTI badge pasted on it. my suprise vanished, twas expected. most times a badge is the only indicator,as in the case you quoted earlier.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 20, 2014
Homguy: given that a car could easily be modified such as to invalidate the badge it carries, a badge is almost always the sole indicator of a car's innards to an observer, which we most often are. I reside in ibadan(golf 3's are used as cabs), boarded a golf 3 last year, and during that trip , noticed the golf out accelerated most private vehicles, the suspension was stiffer than a regular golf, I could feel the torque as it revved. I was pleasantly surprised. asked the driver why his golf was different from a regular golf 3 and he said he didn't know, all he knows is that, in his words "o maa n sare gaan. ti m ba oona die si bai a maa salo ni" I alighted at the end of the journey to find a GTI badge pasted on it. my suprise vanished, twas expected. most times a badge is the only indicator,as in the case you quoted earlier.

But the badge can also be wrong.

A favorite car fad is debadging (at least here in the states), removing all badges completely. Now what?

I have seen normal Golfs here with GTi engine transplants. I have owned a VW Beetle (classic) with an early Porsche 911 engine, a mate has owned a Porsche 914 with a Chevy 454 engine in it, I have owned a Porsche 924 with a Buick V8 engine in it, a Mazda pickup truck with a comp lee Ford Mustang V8 power plant in it.

The most accurate way to tell is for the hop dot be cracked open.

However, this argument started because a car owner couldn't tell if his car had a turbo engine in it and thought it might be turbo due to the sound it made?

No badge can cure that condition unless you crack open the hood, look for turbo plumbings and the actual pump itself.

PS: I'm writing from the perspective of the actual car owner, not an observer.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by peterjero(m): 10:30am On Aug 20, 2014
CityNG:

@cityng I know what I'm saying that ain't no 2.7l engine and how come I knew it was 2008, I know about cars sir, it's a v6 and bigger than 2.7l that was on that vehicle. Take a look at what I saw.

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by peterjero(m): 10:37am On Aug 20, 2014
Here in nigeria, people hardly modify their cars due to our mechanics inability to understand cars from owners perspective and unwillingness to learn new or modern technology. And who in nigeria would buy a a car ad new as a 2008 model and want to modify it.

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 20, 2014
peterjero:
@cityng I know what I'm saying that ain't no 2.7l engine and how come I knew it was 2008, I know about cars sir, it's a v6 and bigger than 2.7l that was on that vehicle. Take a look at what I saw.

It's completely possible that you made a correct guess but nothing in that picture shown indicates what is under the hood.

Every single body cladding, suspension lift, trim can be transferred between 4cyl or 6cyl.

Again, opening up the hood is the only way to tell what lies in the engine bay. Not the way the exhaust sounds or the performance.

I was at an of road event once. I saw an older Toyota pick up that was performing very well and was sure it had at least a converted V6 or even a V8. Lo and behold after I approached the owner it had only the I4 in it. Owner owns a machine shop so he has performed every single trick in the book in building the engine.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 20, 2014
peterjero: Here in nigeria, people hardly modify their cars due to our mechanics inability to understand cars from owners perspective and unwillingness to learn new or modern technology. And who in nigeria would buy a a car ad new as a 2008 model and want to modify it.

And many do.

I am friends with a shipper here. He farms out a lot of work to shops on cars that owners want the work down before they vehicles are shipped.

Nigeria is not the assbackwards behind the times place that some of you folks try to position her.

There are savvy automotive folks in Nigeria who take pride in their rides and do indeed make performance modifications.

Go and read the Camry thread.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Homguy(m): 11:21am On Aug 20, 2014
CityNG:

But the badge can also be wrong.

A favorite car fad is debadging (at least here in the states), removing all badges completely. Now what?

I have seen normal Golfs here with GTi engine transplants. I have owned a VW Beetle (classic) with an early Porsche 911 engine, a mate has owned a Porsche 914 with a Chevy 454 engine in it, I have owned a Porsche 924 with a Buick V8 engine in it, a Mazda pickup truck with a comp lee Ford Mustang V8 power plant in it.

The most accurate way to tell is for the hop dot be cracked open.

However, this argument started because a car owner couldn't tell if his car had a turbo engine in it and thought it might be turbo due to the sound it made?

No badge can cure that condition unless you crack open the hood, look for turbo plumbings and the actual pump itself.

PS: I'm writing from the perspective of the actual car owner, not an observer.
OK. you've got a point. a salient one. but except you are the actually owner of the car in question, you can't go popping other people's hoods to tell the motor underneath, hence you remain an observer still, regardless of the number of vehicles owned or driven or modified... posted from a owner and driver's vantage point.lol.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 20, 2014
Homguy: OK. you've got a point. a salient one. but except you are the actually owner of the car in question, you can't go popping other people's hoods to tell the motor underneath, hence you remain an observer still, regardless of the number of vehicles owned or driven or modified... posted from a owner and driver's vantage point.lol.

Again, this is from the car owners perspective.

The car owner needs to know the engine in his car, at the very least. There should be no guess work.

The observer can at best guess on what engine is in the car based on sound, badge, etc but the car owner shouldn't be doing that.

You came late to this thread and probably missed some discussions.

Cars owned wasn't meant to indicate eliteness but to show how many of the cars owned had badges that were no longer relevant to the existing power plant.

Example, to they to make this as clear as I can.
Car Owner: My truck certainly has a 7.0 liter Allison V8 diesel in it. I know because I researched before buying this truck.
Orbserver: I think that truck has a diesel engine in it because of the sound of the engine, most trucks of the XLT trim has diesel, the exhaust produced high soot and I physically saw the owner pumping diesel fuel into the tank.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by peterjero(m): 11:46am On Aug 20, 2014
CityNG:

And many do.

I am friends with a shipper here. He farms out a lot of work to shops on cars that owners want the work down before they vehicles are shipped.

Nigeria is not the assbackwards behind the times place that some of you folks try to position her.

There are savvy automotive folks in Nigeria who take pride in their rides and do indeed make performance modifications.

Go and read the Camry thread.
The Camry thread is only body modifications, by the time one modifies his car no one here can help us with repairs unless specialized garages which are readily not available across the country, if not I would like a 1995 Toyota supra with at least 500hp power plant breathing underneath the hood. Or 1985 benz S 420 all tuned up. Older cars are actually my favourite though.
Ps: talking about my immediate environment people I have spoken to about car tuning will just say 'abeg no be so oyibo do the car'
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2014
peterjero:
The Camry thread is only body modifications, by the time one modifies his car no one here can help us with repairs unless specialized garages which are readily not available across the country, if not I would like a 1995 Toyota supra with at least 500hp power plant breathing underneath the hood. Or 1985 benz S 420 all tuned up. Older cars are actually my favourite though.
Ps: talking about my immediate environment people I have spoken to about car tuning will just say 'abeg no be so oyibo do the car'

Glad to see the disclaimer.

Nigerians are doing engine modifications and transplants all the time. I've seen many right here on NL.

The Camry thread isn't just about body mods.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by peterjero(m): 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
CityNG:

It's completely possible that you made a correct guess but nothing in that picture shown indicates what is under the hood.

Every single body cladding, suspension lift, trim can be transferred between 4cyl or 6cyl.

Again, opening up the hood is the only way to tell what lies in the engine bay. Not the way the exhaust sounds or the performance.

I was at an of road event once. I saw an older Toyota pick up that was performing very well and was sure it had at least a converted V6 or even a V8. Lo and behold after I approached the owner it had only the I4 in it. Owner owns a machine shop so he has performed every single trick in the book in building the engine.
Again @cityng don't get me wrong here the design of that car is a v6 and if modified as you have opined then, it would either a v8 pr a turbo i4 that was powering that close to or more than 2tons truck, button line is that was way more powerful than my 115hp Camry and 19years newer than my 1989 vehicle, but he couldn't step on the gas like I did. I just had fun doing that, but before you say my car is a sedan and has lower ground clearance, I was in a benz gl 450 driven by a family friend who is also a petrol head as I am he did 250kmh, over took a 2010 land cruiser at 220kmh then overtook a range rover sport at 240kmh before hitting 250kmh and then slowed down to 160kmh. That's an suv that's way more heavier than a Tacoma and as high off the ground like a Tacoma. So I should be happy. @siena once said the guy who drove a benz 190 shouldn't be happy he floored a Toyota hilux, that's because @siena hasn't seen the way Toyota hilux are been driven here in nigeria.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
peterjero:
Again @cityng don't get me wrong here the design of that car is a v6 and if modified as you have opined then, it would either a v8 pr a turbo i4 that was powering that close to or more than 2tons truck, button line is that was way more powerful than my 115hp Camry and 19years newer than my 1989 vehicle, but he couldn't step on the gas like I did. I just had fun doing that, but before you say my car is a sedan and has lower ground clearance, I was in a benz gl 450 driven by a family friend who is also a petrol head as I am he did 250kmh, over took a 2010 land cruiser at 220kmh then overtook a range rover sport at 240kmh before hitting 250kmh and then slowed down to 160kmh. That's an suv that's way more heavier than a Tacoma and as high off the ground like a Tacoma. So I should be happy. @siena once said the guy who drove a benz 190 shouldn't be happy he floored a Toyota hilux, that's because @siena hasn't seen the way Toyota hilux are been driven here in nigeria.

Ultimately and unless you opened the hood and looked you cannot be sure with certainty what powered the truck.

My entire point rests on that premise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (43) (Reply)

What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / A Lady Drove This Killer Machine Today And Got Everyone Talking (Pic) / Ferrari F50 Abandoned In Ibadan (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.