Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? - Car Talk (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (102953 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 21, 2014
CityNG and abatically, you two need to open an appropriate thread so as not to derail this thread. Stop the use of brash words already.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Homguy(m): 8:48pm On Aug 21, 2014
Btw, Abatically and CityNG, I feel this debate should engender fun,enlightenment and tolerance and not an exchange of words. I hope it stops otherwise I go run go call Oga moderator o!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Ishilove: 8:51pm On Aug 21, 2014
Okijajuju1:

No matter how much of an unbeliever you choose to be... Jesus will not be crucified twice. grin
Nwoke tell 'em. Dem dey jolosi me grin

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 21, 2014
Homguy: Btw, Abatically and CityNG, I feel this debate should engender fun,enlightenment and tolerance and not an exchange of words. I hope it stops otherwise I go run go call Oga moderator o!

I concur with the first bit.

As for the bolded and then what will happen?

The earth will stop rotating? grin

Just to be on topic the fastest I've ever gone is I think 8 secs in the quarter, I'll have to find the slip from somewhere.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Homguy(m): 8:58pm On Aug 21, 2014
CityNG:

Probably depends on the circle that you keep.

In the circle I keep the folks know their cars and do upkeep. I don't have a need to approach two random dudes. I apologize for that.

It's s same that you limit your exposure to those minimal group that are not automotive savvy.

NL cartalk has some outstanding group of automotive educated people that knows their stuff.
Ok. A longer stay at home would show you how clueless some Nigerians are about their ride. You forgot twas someone In here who bought a ride,used it probably for some months without knowing if he's driving a Turbo or a regular engine that started this debate. A lot of Nigerians know next to nothing about their rides. You probably are an engineer hence, your Mech. enlightened circle of friends. My colleagues at the hospital don't care about any modification as long as their rides move and don't poke a hole in their pockets. I give up on this debate though.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 21, 2014
Bia husband and wife (ishilove and okijajuju) make una carry dis una rofe love play go else wia joor before I report una to moderator.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 21, 2014
lomomike: Bia husband and wife (ishilove and okijajuju) make una carry dis una rofe love play go else wia joor before I report una to moderator.

Ban them comprehensively.....in all sections!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by abatically(m): 9:26pm On Aug 21, 2014
lomomike: CityNG and abatically, you two need to open an appropriate thread so as not to derail this thread. Stop the use of brash words already.

Abeg Lomomike, pls can u kindly give ur honest opinion on this. Let's assume u want a Toyota Tacoma, which one is easier and more practical? Buying a cheaper old 1998 model with 2.7L I4 with 150HP, restore it and transplant a 4.0L V6 with 236 Hp.... Or would u rather buy a more expensive 2008 model with 2.7L I4 and 159HP and transplant a 4.0L V6 with 236Hp. Which one is more feasible? I can bet ur options would be to rather buy an older model and do the transplant, or buy a newer model with V6 without doing any transplant.

Or would u buy a 2006 model Lexus RX330 with 223 Hp only to transplant with a Lexus 3.5L with 270HP. I bet u won't go through all that just to gain an additional 47HP. If I own a newer model Lexus RX330 and want more HP, I would rather sell it and a little money to buy an RX350. And if I fel my RX350 is not powerful enough, I'll sell it and get a GX470. That's the point I'm trying to make.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
abatically:
Abeg Lomomike, pls can u kindly give ur honest opinion on this. Let's assume u want a Toyota Tacoma, which one is easier and more practical? Buying a cheaper old 1998 model with 2.7L I4 with 150HP, restore it and transplant a 4.0L V6 with 236 Hp.... Or would u rather buy a more expensive 2008 model with 2.7L I4 and 159HP and transplant a 4.0L V6 with 236Hp. Which one is more feasible? I can bet ur options would be to rather buy an older model and do the transplant, or buy a newer model with V6 without doing any transplant.
Or would u buy a 2006 model Lexus RX330 with 223 Hp only to transplant with a Lexus 3.5L with 270HP. I bet u won't go through all that just to gain an additional 47HP. If I own a newer model Lexus RX330 and want more HP, I would rather sell it and a little money to buy an RX350. And if I fel my RX350 is not powerful enough, I'll sell it and get a GX470. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Aba, I sort of understand where you're coming from.

One thing is certain - horsepower is addictive. Regardless of what an automobile had as stock, if you're into performance, you'll want more. You may argue instead of squeezing 25hp more out of a 1992 Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo to net a total of 257hp, one might as well buy a Nissan Skyline R34 that makes 280hp stock. Before long, one gets used to 280hp, and wants more. A simple tune will take the output beyond the 300hp barrier.

What next? Buy a BMW M3 E36 that makes 321hp stock?

Regardless of what power a car makes, if you're an autoist, you'll want more, it's that simple.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 21, 2014
Ishilove am busy now...pm me as usual.... Lomomike abeg nor vex
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 21, 2014
Siena:

Aba, I sort of understand where you're coming from.

One thing is certain - horsepower is addictive. Regardless of what an automobile had as stock, if you're into performance, you'll want more. You may ague instead of squeezing 25hp more out of a 1992 Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo to net a total of 257hp, one might as well buy a Nissan Skyline R34 that makes 280hp stock. Before long, one gets used to 280hp, and wants more. A simple tune will take the output beyond the 300hp barrier.

What next? Buy a BMW M3 E36 that makes 321hp stock?

Regardless of what power a car makes, if you're an autoist, you'll want more, it's that simple.

From what I understand it seems that this applies to only "those dirty diasporans" grin

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 21, 2014
CityNG:

From what I understand it seems that this applies to only "those dirty diasporans" grin

Hell, yeah. I need to shower more often. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by auhanson(m): 12:01am On Aug 22, 2014
abatically:

Ridiculous ascertations u may call it, I call it reality. Only a minute percentage of Nigerians are real petrol heads that go the extra mile of tuning new cars. Rather than buying a new car and then tuning it to get an extra 25-30 HP, they rather buy the one with the required HP.

I will say it again, only people with old cars care about tuning. Owners of newer cars don't care.

Guy, if i bought a new car today, i will still max it performance even by extra 10 hp, if its that simple to do its even better. 20 hp is not beans , if i tell you what i could do with 20 extra hp you wouldn't believe it. it only takes some fractions of minutes to outperform an opponent, so dont call 25hp just. I am just looking out for the best tuning for my c180(i know numerous ways) and once i'm settled with that i'm gona kick up her performance too. A 153hp would outperfom a 125hp tremendously till you marvel, so its not just

3 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:40am On Aug 22, 2014
auhanson:

Guy, if i bought a new car today, i will still max it performance even by extra 10 hp, if its that simple to do its even better. 20 hp is not beans , if i tell you what i could do with 20 extra hp you wouldn't believe it. it only takes some fractions of minutes to outperform an opponent, so dont call 25hp just. I am just looking out for the best tuning for my c180(i know numerous ways) and once i'm settled with that i'm gona kick up her performance too. A 153hp would outperfom a 125hp tremendously till you marvel, so its not just

Dude, I've spent hundreds of dollars just to get a measly 5-7 horsepower. As you said 20 horsepower is HUGE cool

It seems that some folks are just stuck on the fact that you don't need to turn a wrench anymore like the old days to gain tremendous horsepower on modern cars.

Getting power increase does not mean that you need to replace the engine or even crack open your toolbox.

For even

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 1:46am On Aug 22, 2014
abatically:

Everyone here already know u are a slime, I'm not the right person to help u. Go see ur doctor. I didn't edit my original post, if I did there's no way I could edit the one u quoted. So show me where I said an old car is easier to tune than a newer one. But of course u won't do that which confirms ur sliminess. You keep talking about educating people when it is obvious u lack basic education or how come u couldn't comprehend what I wrote.
GEJ done fire us nau

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 1:49am On Aug 22, 2014
gmyguy: GEJ done fire us nau

Lol...
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by peterjero(m): 8:33am On Aug 22, 2014
CityNG:

Dude, I've spent hundreds of dollars just to get a measly 5-7 horsepower. As you said 20 horsepower is HUGE cool

It seems that some folks are just stuck on the fact that you don't need to turn a wrench anymore like the old days to gain tremendous horsepower on modern cars.

Getting power increase does not mean that you need to replace the engine or even crack open your toolbox.

For even
So if one wouldn't need an engine transplant or crack a tools box, why then shouldn't I believe the Tacoma I saw was stock or was just modified to get more power with its original engine in place. And I floored it. As crazy as @abatically might sound to everyone here on this thread I seem to understand where he's driving at, take a candid look the few people that have been giving very educative replies to him are diasporians or Nigerians in diaspora. So try to get it down well all of you, as for me till I get my dream cars to modify(1996 supra and 1985 s420 benz) I won't modify any because they aren't worth the hassle for me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (43) (Reply)

What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / A Lady Drove This Killer Machine Today And Got Everyone Talking (Pic) / Ferrari F50 Abandoned In Ibadan (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.