Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,518 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? - Car Talk (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (103038 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by auhanson(m): 9:29am On Aug 22, 2014
peterjero:
So if one wouldn't need an engine transplant or crack a tools box, why then shouldn't I believe the Tacoma I saw was stock or was just modified to get more power with its original engine in place. And I floored it. As crazy as @abatically might sound to everyone here on this thread I seem to understand where he's driving at, take a candid look the few people that have been giving very educative replies to him are diasporians or Nigerians in diaspora. So try to get it down well all of you, as for me till I get my dream cars to modify(1996 supra and 1985 s420 benz) I won't modify any because they aren't worth the hassle for me.

Man, its a matter of flare and choice; it gives you satisfaction and confidence of wht you've got under your hood and even the safety that follows your customize stability;also a feel of your ride.. There's no way i can explain this to a non petrol head, but just take a lip from here; each time i enter my cars to drive , i feel this satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment on my steering wheels; even my painting thrills, acceleration, cornering , gear selections thrills me, but that doesn't happen when i'm in other peoples steering wheel, i dont know if you get it? so to me is no hassle but its thrilling getting things tune up that way especially by myself. It's always a huge relief from stress and long day activities, thats why i like travelling in my self driven car 100 percent , do all the twisting and kickdown as i like ..when i am driving my tune vehicles,it's entering into my rest and vacation.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 22, 2014
lomomike: CityNG and abatically, you two need to open an appropriate thread so as not to derail this thread. Stop the use of brash words already.
They have already derailed the thread. Pls can you hide their comments.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 22, 2014
abatically:

Abeg Lomomike, pls can u kindly give ur honest opinion on this. Let's assume u want a Toyota Tacoma, which one is easier and more practical? Buying a cheaper old 1998 model with 2.7L I4 with 150HP, restore it and transplant a 4.0L V6 with 236 Hp.... Or would u rather buy a more expensive 2008 model with 2.7L I4 and 159HP and transplant a 4.0L V6 with 236Hp. Which one is more feasible? I can bet ur options would be to rather buy an older model and do the transplant, or buy a newer model with V6 without doing any transplant.

Or would u buy a 2006 model Lexus RX330 with 223 Hp only to transplant with a Lexus 3.5L with 270HP. I bet u won't go through all that just to gain an additional 47HP. If I own a newer model Lexus RX330 and want more HP, I would rather sell it and a little money to buy an RX350. And if I fel my RX350 is not powerful enough, I'll sell it and get a GX470. That's the point I'm trying to make.
You have a good, reasonable and practical point. Any rational person can see your point clearly smiley
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
peterjero:
So if one wouldn't need an engine transplant or crack a tools box, why then shouldn't I believe the Tacoma I saw was stock or was just modified to get more power with its original engine in place. And I floored it. As crazy as @abatically might sound to everyone here on this thread I seem to understand where he's driving at, take a candid look the few people that have been giving very educative replies to him are diasporians or Nigerians in diaspora. So try to get it down well all of you, as for me till I get my dream cars to modify(1996 supra and 1985 s420 benz) I won't modify any because they aren't worth the hassle for me.

Did you see inside the engine bay or ask the owner what mods he did?

Again and for the last time you're just guessing.

Good luck.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
auhanson:

Man, its a matter of flare and choice; it gives you satisfaction and confidence of wht you've got under your hood and even the safety that follows your customize stability;also a feel of your ride.. There's no way i can explain this to a non petrol head, but just take a lip from here; each time i enter my cars to drive , i feel this satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment on my steering wheels; even my painting thrills, acceleration, cornering , gear selections thrills me, but that doesn't happen when i'm in other peoples steering wheel, i dont know if you get it? so to me is no hassle but its thrilling getting things tune up that way especially by myself. It's always a huge relief from stress and long day activities, thats why i like travelling in my self driven car 100 percent , do all the twisting and kickdown as i like ..when i am driving my tune vehicles,it's entering into my rest and vacation.

Wait a minute.

Do you tune your cars and you live in Nigeria?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Burger01(m): 3:57pm On Aug 22, 2014
This thread still dey? People wey no get car self dey speed 160km/hr. Ishilove, I dey see you wella. Na wa o smiley
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Ishilove: 4:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
Burger01: This thread still dey? People wey no get car self dey speed 160km/hr. Ishilove, I dey see you wella. Na wa o smiley
I sight you wella cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by auhanson(m): 10:33pm On Aug 23, 2014
CityNG:

Wait a minute.

Do you tune your cars and you live in Nigeria?

Mehn! my ride has to look pleasantly different from the crowd, even if it may be d same model yr and brand, but it must stand out unique both in performance & physical appearance the way it pleases me. it must satisfy my yearning of a ride

You know what, some people think because they hate something, automatically it must be imposed on others to hate same..very wrong ideology..one man's meat maybe another man's poison..the earlier we realise this the sooner we allow others a chance and fair play in our world, to accommodate all and make life meaningful...

There's nothing wrong in giving it a shot: http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-Add-a-Turbo-to-a-Non-Turbo-Car-/10000000177404655/g.html, http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-Install-a-Turbo-in-a-Car-/10000000177404707/g.html, http://www.ehow.com/how_4802481_install-turbo-car.html,
http://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w202/265338-w202-turbo-installation.html,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXW_wvslbE0
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/4663-how-turbochargers-work-video.htm
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by omicpet(m): 5:38am On Aug 24, 2014
Very well, everyone seems to be highlighting how fast they've ever gone. My Mazda 626 2000 yr model hunch back, 2.4 v6 I do a steady no shaking 140km/hr on Lagos Ibadan and still top at speeds of 160 and that's a norm cos I ply the route at least twice a month, and when I hit it off on Ogbomosho to Ilorin , that smooth highway then am enjoying my ride at minimum of 170km/hr, most times I have to pull back from the needle hitting 200. That car is damn stable. And oh I once hit 215km/hr on kd to abj highway in an Infiniti m35 belonging to a street bro of mine. If I ever pass by u with my Mazda u know it's me when u see d dragon stickers on a chocolate painted 626. And oh my Mazda is a stick shift not the auto tranny most of ya are bragging about. There's a dif in making love to a car and driving a car

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 24, 2014
omicpet: Very well, everyone seems to be highlighting how fast they've ever gone. My Mazda 626 2000 yr model hunch back, 2.4 v6 I do a steady no shaking 140km/hr on Lagos Ibadan and still top at speeds of 160 and that's a norm cos I ply the route at least twice a month, and when I hit it off on Ogbomosho to Ilorin , that smooth highway then am enjoying my ride at minimum of 170km/hr, most times I have to pull back from the needle hitting 200. That car is damn stable. And oh I once hit 215km/hr on kd to abj highway in an Infiniti m35 belonging to a street bro of mine. If I ever pass by u with my Mazda u know it's me when u see d dragon stickers on a chocolate painted 626. And oh my Mazda is a stick shift not the auto tranny most of ya are bragging about. There's a dif in making love to a car and driving a car
who says we all drive auto tranny...i drive an 07 factory fitted manual tranny accord
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by abatically(m): 2:25pm On Aug 24, 2014
omicpet: And oh my Mazda is a stick shift not the auto tranny most of ya are bragging about. There's a dif in making love to a car and driving a car

And what's wrong with auto tranny? Or are u thinking manual trannys are faster than autos? That's an old myth. Driving a manual doesn't make u more of a man and driving an auto doesn't make someone less of a man either. Its a thing of choice.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 24, 2014
abatically: And what's wrong with auto tranny? Or are u thinking manual trannys are faster than autos? That's an old myth. Driving a manual doesn't make u more of a man and driving an auto doesn't make someone less of a man either. Its a thing of choice.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with automatics. I personally prefer manual, though I rock both. Some bigger cars are best with auto though.

With regards to manuals being faster than autos, it's not an old myth. It's very true, unless you're referring to newer twin-clutch / DSG / SMG / Powershift automatics that are fitted to later high-end cars

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by abatically(m): 4:07pm On Aug 24, 2014
Siena:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with automatics. I personally prefer manual, though I rock both. Some bigger cars are best with auto though.

With regards to manuals being faster than autos, it's not an old myth. It's very true, unless you're referring to newer twin-clutch / DSG / SMG / Powershift automatics that are fitted to later high-end cars

Yea, bigger cars require auto. I can't imagine a full size luxury sedan like Mercedes Benz s class fitted with manual tranny, makes absolutely no sense. Or a manual tranny range rover LR4 or Lexus LX570.

Yes traditionally manuals are faster but the gap has been greatly closed in newer cars especially performance cars.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 4:47pm On Aug 24, 2014
Manual is raw and good for sporty activities- drifting and doughnuts...
it gives pleasure shifting manually, no disregard for the autos.
my 330ci (transplant) is manual...yet to have a test-drive yet...fixing upother stuffs.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 24, 2014
yungboss: Manual is raw and good for sporty activities- drifting and doughnuts...
it gives pleasure shifting manually, no disregard for the autos.
my 330ci (transplant) is manual...yet to have a test-drive yet...fixing upother stuffs.

Bro, I think it would be awesome if you opened a build thread for your E46...I'm looking forward to it.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2014
king406: I've reached up to 240kmph with a peugeot 406 EW12 on abuja airport road, u would wonder how balanced that car is at that high speed, I've also done 170kmph with a peugeot 207 1.8Turbo, u would wonder where peugeot gets its horsepower from, maybe because of their high rpm's, even as a hatchback the 207 is very balanced on the highway, have done 110mph with a 2003 infiniti qx4 too, 3.5liter v6 engine, its fast but I hate the four speed auto
is your QX4 a RWD or 4WD model?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by omicpet(m): 7:21pm On Aug 24, 2014
abatically:

And what's wrong with auto tranny? Or are u thinking manual trannys are faster than autos? That's an old myth. Driving a manual doesn't make u more of a man and driving an auto doesn't make someone less of a man either. Its a thing of choice.

No disregard to auto tranny, am just an advent lover of stick shifts and I believe when talking about speeds and acceleration and stability it all comes to the driver . Yes the car is also a a decider but why sit behind a wheel and not push the machine to it limits with your skill and handling rather with a lazy laid back foot on the gas pedal and all you have to do is slow at turns when precision timing and skill can make you shift gears in and out of corners with such Taa da feeling .CONTROL,TIMIMG AND GUTS. Let's not forget patience wink
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by omicpet(m): 7:27pm On Aug 24, 2014
lomomike: is your QX4 a RWD or 4WD model?
I agree with your 406. Got a EW10 meself and I must say am still always amazed at ow fast and balanced it gets on highway plus fuel consumption makes me feel like to hell with hybrid grin. Just kidding about that but actually fuel consumption with what I get for such performance and stability is top notch
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 24, 2014
omicpet, I've never own a peugeot brand before.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 24, 2014
I love downshifting b4 overtaking.... grin mybad

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
gmyguy: I love downshifting b4 overtaking.... grin mybad

Not usually necessary but if can downshift on my auto or better yet just go into sports mode.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
CityNG:

Not usually necessary but if can downshift on my auto or better yet just go into sports mode.
well, i do love the growl on auto when you hit it hard, esp my bro's altima
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by abatically(m): 10:58pm On Aug 24, 2014

You can also down shift on auto. Just hit the gas pedal hard and activate the kickdown and zooom, u are gone.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by auhanson(m): 11:11pm On Aug 24, 2014
Bad guyyyy! That's my man, especially when overtaking some stubborn dude..the kickdown in auto is even more effective, especially if its the "tap" "tap" type in kompressor Benz and BMW e46

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 25, 2014
abatically:

You can also down shift on auto. Just hit the gas pedal hard and activate the kickdown and zooom, u are gone.
it sounds like a beast with a nissan altima too
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 25, 2014
abatically:

I don't know why, my auto tranny toyota and lexus doesn't get that power felt kickdown. Its smooth and to me, that's not nice. Its unlike how the kickback effect I get when I suddenly open the taps on my QX4 3.5L V6 RWD.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 11:21am On Aug 25, 2014
lomomike:
I don't know why, my auto tranny toyota and lexus doesn't get that power felt kickdown. Its smooth and to me, that's not nice. Its unlike how the kickback effect I get when I suddenly open the taps on my QX4 3.5L V6 RWD.
hello bro, how fast is a v6 pathfinder 3.5 vq35de compared to your Lexus or Toyota
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by nku080(m): 11:42am On Aug 25, 2014
170, on Kubwa -Zuba express way, and also Abuja -Lokoja express, though that was 2012, when one was single not now.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by king406(m): 12:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
lomomike: is your QX4 a RWD or 4WD model?
4WD
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 25, 2014
yungboss:
hello bro, how fast is a v6 pathfinder 3.5 vq35de compared to your Lexus or Toyota

My toyota is a 2.4L i4 155bhp 162ib-ft, my lexus is 3.3L V6 230bhp 241ib-ft. The QX4 3.5L V6 is 240bhp 265 Ib-ft.

Highlander 2.4L i4 12sec, rX330 7.8sec, and QX4 8.5sec 0-62 mph dash
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
king406: 4WD

Yours uses the ATTESA E-TS 4wheel drive system which is used in the Japanese legendary Nissan Skyline.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (43) (Reply)

What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / A Lady Drove This Killer Machine Today And Got Everyone Talking (Pic) / Ferrari F50 Abandoned In Ibadan (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.