Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,159 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Ladies: Why Are You Single? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies: Why Are You Single? (24307 Views)

Ladies, Why Do Y'all Have Stretch Mark On Your Buttocks? / Ladies: Why Do You Prefer Dark Guys? / Why Are You Single? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by Dipwater(m): 5:32pm On Jul 29, 2012
maryjames9: Many reasons i guess. Disapointments and broken hearts, desperation, Unwise decision and missed opportunities, Materialism, falling for the wrong guy and shuning the right guy. Also, financial issues and trying to meet certain standards and the list goes. I guess we had rather hear from horses mouth. Oya

Friend u made a lot of sense here
materialism=yes,but what affect there decisions the most are
(1)Unwise decision
(2)Missed opportunities
(3)Trying to meet certain mumu standard and
(4)Being carried away by men's fake romance and sabi sabi caring

Ask some girls in the haus to list 5 things they want in a man and u will see rubbish things in their list

Its not as if am not a fan of romance and the rest of them but there are qualities that are more important than the yeye romance that will die as their beauty starts to fade away

Men are moved by the beauty of a woman.if a man sees a beautiful lady he wuld do anything to talk to her,play and joke with her ,wuld want to have her as his girlfriend even if the girl is rude and disrespectful some guys wuldnt mind .its not only girls that pretends ,men are the greatest pretenders they will talk to u gently(like say dem be beta person),cherish u ,buy u expensive things just becuz u are beautiful.

As a girl look for real qualities in a man don't be carried away.some guy sef neva buy their mama holandis wrapper but them go spend craze for ur head all na wash wash. Marry the bobo first and u go starve to death. I wish all the real ladies out there wise luck

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by Dipwater(m): 5:32pm On Jul 29, 2012
maryjames9: Many reasons i guess. Disapointments and broken hearts, desperation, Unwise decision and missed opportunities, Materialism, falling for the wrong guy and shuning the right guy. Also, financial issues and trying to meet certain standards and the list goes. I guess we had rather hear from horses mouth. Oya

Friend u made a lot of sense here
materialism=yes,but what affect there decisions the most are
(1)Unwise decision
(2)Missed opportunities
(3)Trying to meet certain mumu standard and
(4)Being carried away by men's fake romance and sabi sabi caring

Ask some girls in the haus to list 5 things they want in a man and u will see rubbish things in their list

Its not as if am not a fan of romance and the rest of them but there are qualities that are more important than the yeye romance that will die as their beauty starts to fade away

Men are moved by the beauty of a woman.if a man sees a beautiful lady he wuld do anything to talk to her,play and joke with her ,wuld want to have her as his girlfriend even if the girl is rude and disrespectful some guys wuldnt mind .its not only girls that pretends ,men are the greatest pretenders they will talk to u gently(like say dem be beta person),cherish u ,buy u expensive things just becuz u are beautiful.

As a girl look for real qualities in a man don't be carried away.some guy sef neva buy their mama holandis wrapper but them go spend craze for ur head all na wash wash. Marry the bobo first and u go starve to death. I wish all the real ladies out there wise luck
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by kalufelix(m): 5:38pm On Jul 29, 2012
horny4u: Abeg leave all single girls alone na so una go push them into the hands of a monster in desperation and when they are abused na una go still dey shout why are you with him.

Inu won lefa inu won leje....

Humans! single na disease....pls mind your own life.
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by kalufelix(m): 5:38pm On Jul 29, 2012
horny4u: Abeg leave all single girls alone na so una go push them into the hands of a monster in desperation and when they are abused na una go still dey shout why are you with him.

Inu won lefa inu won leje....

Humans! single na disease....pls mind your own life.
look at dem...this is the reason
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by mediainspired: 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2012
Educatn & 'civilsation' has blinded so many ladies 4rm working on what is most important/attractive to a responsible/eligible bachelors who want to settle down (pls, not b/f or guys wit ulterior motives oo): which is XTER, GODLINESS, PATIENCE &SELFLESNESS (these used to be d definition of feminity). U see all dese very pretty &educated ladies in d offices, streets &churche, but xter is painfully missing as dey're quick to ventilate &shout down on d next man over flimsy issues (cos he's not dere b/f). Most of dem don't even realize dere xter flaws &4get dat most men think alike in dere criteria for a marriagable lady (not bedmate oo). LADIES, PLS UNDERLINE: if d next responsible guy doesn't think u're marriageable, ur b/f wil likely think alike wen he finds out d same flaws &might soon grow cold feet. WORK ON UR XTERS! It's feminine &stop gender competition

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 29, 2012
Lolz...this was supposed to be ladies' thread, but men have hijacked it, so let me join my own words too to assist the humble, well brought up single ladies out there ready to heed to good counsel.
Many Nigerian girls are single today for the following reasons:
1. The economy is bad, scarcity of job & unfavorable business environment have kept most men idle with no financial capability to establish a stable home they dream of & hence they tend to avoid the ladies; even when they truly cherish her.

2. The Nigerian ladies not minding the aforementioned point still live in daydream of waiting to meet a PERFECT MAN (handsome, rich, God-fearing, loving, faithful, trustful) before they will say YES I DO.
3. To be honest with you, majority of the Nigerian ladies of today, lack manner, good character, etc that attracts men, both strangers.
4. The statement of: whatever a man can do, women can do it better has affected our ladies so much to the extent that they now rock shoulders & ego with men- hence turn so many men off unknowingly.
5. The working class ladies always feel so on top they ignore real guys coming their way in a low approach, while accepting the wrong guys coming for a fling in a flashy big approach, & after so much heartbreak, they start to sing: ALL MEN ARE WICKED, DEVILISH, THE SAME...blah, blah, blah.
5. Majority of Nigerian ladies of today live under the influence of movie, music, & entertainment lifestyles which are never real or obtainable.
6. Most girls put material quest & money first before friendship & hence scare real guys away while attracting the big bad guys after fling.
7. Living a life of comparison must also not be ignored, & peer-pressure.
BRB!

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by Cherryslim(f): 5:49pm On Jul 29, 2012
Because some guys are hurtly wicked, they can lie, i mean what they cant do in their next generation they wil say they can do it within an hour, they are like a wolf in a sheep clothing, uhmnmnm, except few among all that are sincere and truthful
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 29, 2012
mediainspired: Educatn & 'civilsation' has blinded so many ladies 4rm working on what is most important/attractive to a responsible/eligible bachelors who want to settle down (pls, not b/f or guys wit ulterior motives oo): which is XTER, GODLINESS, PATIENCE &SELFLESNESS (these used to be d definition of feminity). U see all dese very pretty &educated ladies in d offices, streets &churche, but xter is painfully missing as dey're quick to ventilate &shout down on d next man over flimsy issues (cos he's not dere b/f). Most of dem don't even realize dere xter flaws &4get dat most men think alike in dere criteria for a marriagable lady (not bedmate oo). LADIES, PLS UNDERLINE: if d next responsible guy doesn't think u're marriageable, ur b/f wil likely think alike wen he finds out d same flaws &might soon grow cold feet. WORK ON UR XTERS! It's feminine &stop gender competition

Nice counsel...pls note the aforementioned points too...and to also add more to what u wrote up there, majority of our today single ladies have already pre-designed & also concluded on where they want to meet their boyf, fiancee or husband to be- in a popular mall, during a chevron oil co. joint-seminar, at winners chapel hq or say shiloh, at redeem camp, at mfm, through their daddy's daddy's mom's friend, at the airport, onboard a plane, in their work place (probably a superior), etc....not knowing that one can meet his/her true love & life partner anywhere at an unexpected hour & moment. it can be when you are not even ready to talk to anyone, when u are so unhappy, in a hurry, at the market, in the village, during crises, etc...so ladies pray & use your senses...do not throw away friendship cos of one selfish reason or the other, be open to friendship while being wise in taking final decision, but in all, be nice & work on your character- it is what marriageable men seek most in females. I wish you all good luck.
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by Cherryslim(f): 6:00pm On Jul 29, 2012
hardbody:

The handsome ones will start coming into the world in another 20 years, by then you will be left with just 3 teeth, a canternkerous old woman quarreling over everything and remembering with nostalgia what it was like being young without the benefit of a man to call your own

u are not God, so u cant say dat.
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by Dotman01(m): 6:01pm On Jul 29, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Funny, How the "single ladies" came all out to attack the OP.

Am very much interested in this thread, cos I have a friend which is extremely pretty and a medical doctor with car and house, but still searching and it bothers me much.

#Just that I am married, would have marry her.
tell ur friend u've seen someone. She's a Doc am an Engr. Our child is goin to be an Astronaut *wink wink
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by bakila: 6:13pm On Jul 29, 2012
blackbalang: Like seriously try not to insult me this hot sunday afternoon. I saw a funny picture and decided to share.... I didn't ask for it to be placed on the front page sooooooo plzzzzzzzzz park well

He is someone who deserve indomie without egg. Ignore him.
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by str8talk1: 6:16pm On Jul 29, 2012
megareal: Na wa o. SMH. The thread was meant for ladies to answer the question, now the guys are crawling all over it with unreasonable explanations that is far from the reality of why some women are single. Now how in the world will any real babe say something? Guys abeg shift joo, give the ladies some space to answer.
I tire o! d guyz hv hijacked dis thread. pls,single ladies let ur opinions b knwn.
A elderly woman once told me dat women r like dogs. dey keep sniffing on anytin dey com across.
Is it true?
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by kpozite(m): 6:19pm On Jul 29, 2012
Nigeria is a heterogeneous country agreed, but the unfortunate thing is that we agree in trivial things and disagree in important things, elsewhere you see a marriage lady or guy who deliberately says no to marriage and is not bothered or pressured by family or the society, the live good life single, but here the reverse is the case many think marriage is a compulsory obligation ''by fire by force'' the must get married so the worry the poster probably one of them too. I think many especially ladies just want to relieve themselves of social pressure and not really a desire to be with a spouse.
Marriage in my opinion is not a must please
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by bakila: 6:21pm On Jul 29, 2012
[quote author=Cherryslim]Because some guys are hurtly wicked, they can lie, i mean what they cant do in their next generation they wil say they can do it within an hour, they are like a wolf in a sheep clothing, uhmnmnm, except few among all that are sincere and truthful[/quo

Learn to make him or them secure men want to impress and if even jokingly you unnnecessarily set your standards high, they will try to meet up and run away if its too hard.
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by Cherryslim(f): 6:28pm On Jul 29, 2012
[quote author=bakila][/quote]
pls i dnt understand ur message.. Are u saying it wrong to pour ur heart on a sléeve 4 a guy?
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by VOM: 6:36pm On Jul 29, 2012
hi all,well my own opinion on this matter is that;there's time for everything and everyone,when your time comes you will get married,so no reason to fear or snatch another woman's husband,just wait for your time. smiley
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 29, 2012
Some years back, 90% of my best friends (guys), were not any Nigerian lady's dream guy, & many turned them down...but as I write now, 99.9% of them are every Nigerian lady's dream man, even when they are no longer ready to love just out to catch fun...now, most single ladies are accepting them as boyfriends, lovers, fiancee, etc...not knowing these guys know why they are pretending to love them. what am I trying to say in essence? Whether the ladies accept it or not, guys are not fools as most do tag them. Anyway, I don't want to go on & on & maybe go off topic...Lolz...ladies just bring your heads down, don't think that most not-rich guys u see coming to admire u & ask u out for friendship don't enjoy being wealthy or rich just becos their plans have not yet worked out, no...find yourself a mate & grow with him & stop listening to most losers telling you that once he makes it, he will dump you, its all lies from pit of hell...guys of today cherish & adore any girl that stayed with them in time of little beginning than those that came when things are blossom, & thats why u see most rich guys cheating on their wives & lovers cos they believe the ladies only accepted them cos of what they have & u cannot blame them for thinking that way cos most ladies have displayed too much thirst for money to make men believe all ladies are just after money! pls i am only advising you single ladies pls dnt misinterprete my counsel for I come in peace...lol, cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 29, 2012
Some years back, 90% of my best friends (guys), were not any Nigerian lady's dream guy, & many turned them down...but as I write now, 99.9% of them are every Nigerian lady's dream man, even when they are no longer ready to love just out to catch fun...now, most single ladies are accepting them as boyfriends, lovers, fiancee, etc...not knowing these guys know why they are pretending to love them. what am I trying to say in essence? Whether the ladies accept it or not, guys are not fools as most do tag them. Anyway, I don't want to go on & on & maybe go off topic...Lolz...ladies just bring your heads down, don't think that most not-rich guys u see coming to admire u & ask u out for friendship don't enjoy being wealthy or rich just becos their plans have not yet worked out, no...find yourself a mate & grow with him & stop listening to most losers telling you that once he makes it, he will dump you, its all lies from pit of hell...guys of today cherish & adore any girl that stayed with them in time of little beginning than those that came when things are blossom, & thats why u see most rich guys cheating on their wives & lovers cos they believe the ladies only accepted them cos of what they have & u cannot blame them for thinking that way cos most ladies have displayed too much thirst for money to make men believe all ladies are just after money! pls i am only advising you single ladies pls dnt misinterprete my counsel for I come in peace...lol, cheers!
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by Castos(m): 6:38pm On Jul 29, 2012
Cherryslim: Because some guys are hurtly wicked, they can lie, i mean what they cant do in their next generation they wil say they can do it within an hour, they are like a wolf in a sheep clothing, uhmnmnm, except few among all that are sincere and truthful
A girl once told me that am a better lover. What does that mean?
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by holums(m): 6:53pm On Jul 29, 2012
mediainspired: Educatn & 'civilsation' has blinded so many ladies 4rm working on what is most important/attractive to a responsible/eligible bachelors who want to settle down (pls, not b/f or guys wit ulterior motives oo): which is XTER, GODLINESS, PATIENCE &SELFLESNESS (these used to be d definition of feminity). U see all dese very pretty &educated ladies in d offices, streets &churche, but xter is painfully missing as dey're quick to ventilate &shout down on d next man over flimsy issues (cos he's not dere b/f). Most of dem don't even realize dere xter flaws &4get dat most men think alike in dere criteria for a marriagable lady (not bedmate oo). LADIES, PLS UNDERLINE: if d next responsible guy doesn't think u're marriageable, ur b/f wil likely think alike wen he finds out d same flaws &might soon grow cold feet. WORK ON UR XTERS! It's feminine &stop gender competition
You are right......ladies misbehave to any other guyz dat are not their boyfriend.......they are been deceived by western culture particularly hollywood movies forgetting their own native culture in terms morality
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by holums(m): 7:08pm On Jul 29, 2012
DailyNews: Lolz...this was supposed to be ladies' thread, but men have hijacked it, so let me join my own words too to assist the humble, well brought up single ladies out there ready to heed to good counsel.
Many Nigerian girls are single today for the following reasons:
1. The economy is bad, scarcity of job & unfavorable business environment have kept most men idle with no financial capability to establish a stable home they dream of & hence they tend to avoid the ladies; even when they truly cherish her.

2. The Nigerian ladies not minding the aforementioned point still live in daydream of waiting to meet a PERFECT MAN (handsome, rich, God-fearing, loving, faithful, trustful) before they will say YES I DO.
3. To be honest with you, majority of the Nigerian ladies of today, lack manner, good character, etc that attracts men, both strangers.
4. The statement of: whatever a man can do, women can do it better has affected our ladies so much to the extent that they now rock shoulders & ego with men- hence turn so many men off unknowingly.
5. The working class ladies always feel so on top they ignore real guys coming their way in a low approach, while accepting the wrong guys coming for a fling in a flashy big approach, & after so much heartbreak, they start to sing: ALL MEN ARE WICKED, DEVILISH, THE SAME...blah, blah, blah.
5. Majority of Nigerian ladies of today live under the influence of movie, music, & entertainment lifestyles which are never real or obtainable.
6. Most girls put material quest & money first before friendship & hence scare real guys away while attracting the big bad guys after fling.
7. Living a life of comparison must also not be ignored, & peer-pressure.
BRB!
You've spoken well thatz exactly what is happening.........your 5th point is what is making them to misbehave....they've forgotten their culture.....most of our parents don't behave like that especially mothers suffered wit their husband till when there was a turn around for good but now ladies of nowadays are brainwashed by western culture coupled wit influence of hollywood movies.
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by NovusHomo(m): 7:12pm On Jul 29, 2012
Its the ECONOMY, stewpid!
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by chucky234(m): 7:21pm On Jul 29, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Funny, How the "single ladies" came all out to attack the OP.

Am very much interested in this thread, cos I have a friend which is extremely pretty and a medical doctor with car and house, but still searching and it bothers me much.

#Just that I am married, would have marry her.
Tell your friend that am single and available oooo
That's if my freecocoa agree sha
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by chucky234(m): 7:30pm On Jul 29, 2012
Most single women are too egocentric and garrulous,pride is the major reason why they are still single.
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by Gudintent: 7:37pm On Jul 29, 2012
chucky234: Most single women are too egocentric and garrulous,pride is the major reason why they are still single.

And men arent?

Whatever happens to freedom of choice

Just cos u are single it is a crime

Then you marry and you come here to say things aren't going well and you get condemned!!!!

Let the single by choice be free abeg! And for those who aren't by choice continue to wait on the Lord your own will soon come.
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2012
Because i'm too shy lol
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by str8talk1: 8:09pm On Jul 29, 2012
linda_1: Because i'm too shy lol
Welcome on-board,but b careful while swimming in shark infested waters. u can b shy,but no dulling. so hit me up,may b i can help u in taking away dat shyness.
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by truetalk4real: 8:30pm On Jul 29, 2012
Am a single lady, the thing is guys do say the y re not ready for marriage why because of nigeria economic so, as a lady what will u do? force him or what. Guys should no dat it is not all ladies dat is waiting for a rich guy as for me I prefer we start together & achieve something great but some guys will say no because women are funny ooo now the y will say we build dis house together & I stood by u when u re nothing etc so what do we do
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by serrajay(m): 8:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
str8_talk:
Welcome on-board,but b careful while swimming in shark infested waters. u can b shy,but no dulling. so hit me up,may b i can help u in taking away dat shyness.

I think what you intend saying is hit me up,may b i can help u in taking away dat virginity!!.... LMFBO grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by mannet(m): 8:37pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ladies remain single cos they don't like sincere & truthful guyz,that's why u see players get all d girls & the good guyz hardly get any girl,the ladies want this players to marry them but nah the player is catching fun with them till they are expired & they start going to church for deliverance frm family witch......Few days ago I met a lady in a bus,she was pretty & kinda older than me but was attracted to her so I tried chatting her up & joke with her & she just hissed @Me as if a no body is talking,Imagine how will such a lady get into a serious relationship & get married.I never wooed her but tried to get familiar first but she just behave stupidly,even if she's not interested she should have politely answered me & keep silent.....So ladies have attitude problem & also choice of kind of person
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by blackbalang(f): 8:40pm On Jul 29, 2012
bakila:

He is someone who deserve indomie without egg. Ignore him.
lol. I was referring to a chic d@ felt she had d right to call me names
Re: Ladies: Why Are You Single? by Damilorlah(m): 8:47pm On Jul 29, 2012
cos i've not find mister right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Battle of the Sexes - Males vs. Females / Remember The Nigerian Couple Who Gave Birth To A White, Blond Baby?... / The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.