Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

The Price Of Garri - Food (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Price Of Garri (41031 Views)

The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. / Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Price Of Garri by Ozonna(m): 7:08am On Sep 01, 2012
dowjones:

I UN-LIKE your post. Booo angry

Secundo!!!.

9 pages n counting, impressive. How much be the form?

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by malc619(m): 7:15am On Sep 01, 2012
.bbpreye:
where do i start from?
before i start i want to thank all of you for ur comments and bashings! both the garri supporters and the non-garri supporters at least we av made someone happy in one way or the other looking at the fun part and even seun and his abachalike mods know that.

my fellow garri advocates can u imagine the trauma i av been going through watching my pet project ''how does this affect the price of garri" make the front page and to my greatest suprise the BOSS himself answered me directly and made me watch the thread without being able to talk to my people.
check this out....

mukina2 banned bbpreye for troll/offtopic. Ban expires at September 10, 2012 at 03:43:01 PM.

where is the freedom of speech?
banning me will not solve the problem, cos there are more garri advocates out there that will stand for their rights.

if they like they can ban me again i dont care all i know is that until they answer the question "how does this affect the price of garri in the market" the garri revolution will continue on NL and we are all expecting an apology thread from the BOSS himself.

i rest my case.
thanks.

BBpreye

$0rR¥ bro. This clampdown on Pro-Garricentric individuals is DICKtatorial ‎​Άnd unbecoming. Seun ‎​Άnd Mukina should as a matter of urgency unban this patriot ‎​Άnd tender ‎​an unreserved apology to him ‎​Άnd all pro-garricentric people for this ruthless ra.pe on their freedom of speech.

Say No to Hate...
Say No to All ANTI-GARRICENTRIC PERSONALITIES...

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by malc619(m): 7:20am On Sep 01, 2012
Chanting
Solidarity forever....
Solidarity forever x2

We shall always fight for GA***
Re: The Price Of Garri by masterpiecer(m): 7:21am On Sep 01, 2012
imagine how much attention dis garrilised thread has drawn, the infamous 'how does dis affect the price of garri' line is a stress relieveer for me, cos it always makes me laugh, so pls bros Segge, let the garri nation thrive

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by malc619(m): 7:27am On Sep 01, 2012
masterpiecer: imagine how much attention dis garrilised thread has drawn, the infamous 'how does dis affect the price of garri' line is a stress relieveer for me, cos it always makes me laugh, so pls bros Segge, let the garri nation thrive

I perceive we may have a poll on this Garri matter..

Should that ßξ the case, I want to urge one ‎​Άnd all to vote for GARRI

A Vote for Garri IS....

A vote for life, freedom & progress....
Re: The Price Of Garri by RickyRoss1(m): 7:34am On Sep 01, 2012
.bbpreye:
where do i start from?
before i start i want to thank all of you for ur comments and bashings! both the garri supporters and the non-garri supporters at least we av made someone happy in one way or the other looking at the fun part and even seun and his abachalike mods know that.

my fellow garri advocates can u imagine the trauma i av been going through watching my pet project ''how does this affect the price of garri" make the front page and to my greatest suprise the BOSS himself answered me directly and made me watch the thread without being able to talk to my people.
check this out....

mukina2 banned bbpreye for troll/offtopic. Ban expires at September 10, 2012 at 03:43:01 PM.

where is the freedom of speech?
banning me will not solve the problem, cos there are more garri advocates out there that will stand for their rights.

if they like they can ban me again i dont care all i know is that until they answer the question "how does this affect the price of garri in the market" the garri revolution will continue on NL and we are all expecting an apology thread from the BOSS himself.

i rest my case.
thanks.

BBpreye

U NEED TO BE BANNED FOR LIFE, I HATE TO SEE THAT STUUPID COMMENT OF GARRI ON EVERY THREAD, ITS VERY IRRITATING. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE PRICE OF GARRRI WHY NOT GO TO YOUR LOCAL SHOPS OR MARKET? ITS USUALLY UNINTELLIGENT PEOPLE THAT ASK THIS STUPID QUESTION EVERY TIME...

SUEN SHOULD NOT JUST BAN THESE GARRI THUGS, PLS ALSO BAN THEM YOROBAH THUGS THAT KEEP MAKING STUPID CUM TRIBAL THREADS ABOUT IGBO PEOPLE. IT SEEMS SUEN LIKES SUCH TRIBAL WARS BC OF THE TRAFFIC IT GENERATES??
Re: The Price Of Garri by malc619(m): 7:36am On Sep 01, 2012
Seun! Seun! Seun!

Muki-Babe! Muki-Babe! Muki-Babe!

How many times I call una??

KILL TRIBALISM NOT GARRI....
Tribalism is a bigger monster here on NL ‎yet YOU decided to turn a blind eye to it!!

"Una leave woman wen dey labour dey attend to the one wen get running stomach"....

3 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by malc619(m): 7:39am On Sep 01, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

U NEED TO BE BANNED FOR LIFE, I HATE TO SEE THAT STUUPID COMMENT OF GARRI ON EVERY THREAD, ITS VERY IRRITATING. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE PRICE OF GARRRI WHY NOT GO TO YOUR LOCAL SHOPS OR MARKET? ITS USUALLY UNINTELLIGENT PEOPLE THAT ASK THIS STUPID QUESTION EVERY TIME...

SUEN SHOULD NOT JUST BAN THESE GARRI THUGS, PLS ALSO BAN THEM YOROBAH THUGS THAT KEEP MAKING STUPID CUM TRIBAL THREADS ABOUT IGBO PEOPLE. IT SEEMS SUEN LIKES SUCH TRIBAL WARS BC OF THE TRAFFIC IT GENERATES??

Chanting
Solidarity forever....
Solidarity forever x2

Re: The Price Of Garri by callydon(m): 7:41am On Sep 01, 2012
otodeluxe: The "garri" phrase is apparently senseless! I don't think its funny at all and so do 95% of NL users think.
U must be an E-diot for sayin wot U jst said,n U must also be blind. Hw can U say dat 95% of NL agree wit U or can't U read all d posts so far?
But my Question is dis "Hw does THESE 10page comments affect d price of GARRI in our local markets?"
NB:I heard Seun has declared "GARRI" a swear word in NL n has said dat public use of d "G" word isn't allowed anymore.

3 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by Ajibel(m): 7:47am On Sep 01, 2012
In my opinion as the NL JOKE CRITIC, i really think Seun and his mods should take this craze or revoultion of garri madness as trending. Believe me, it would soon die away and another trend would surface soon, to me its fun, i prefer to read about garri comments dan d dry jokes posted in the jokes sections. But we should excise caution though..am enjoying the thread cool
Re: The Price Of Garri by malc619(m): 7:50am On Sep 01, 2012
otodeluxe: The "garri" phrase is apparently senseless! I don't think its funny at all and so do 95% ofNL users think.

When did u carry out ur "survey"??
Daddy u can lie ooo!!!! Which time did tortoise fall??
LIAR! LIAR! LIAR!
LIAR! LIAR! LIAR!
LIAR! LIAR! LIAR!
LIAR! LIAR! LIAR!

malc619:

Chanting
Solidarity forever....
Solidarity forever x2

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by WuzilistiQ(m): 7:53am On Sep 01, 2012
@okija-juju u're very very on point

Its a Nigerian ''phrase'' if i may say that can be used to counter a nasty TOPIC or support the TOPIC like; charle boy's Topic making the front page.....one could write if off like '' what concerns this and the hike of the comodity ur frowning @ and extend the sentence by saying:- ''they should live whatever life they please '' and u'll find this translation is two ways.......the person is not in anyway abusing the OP or the garri as an item, it is like an idiomatic expression in a common way, so i see no reason why the sentence carries a ban if being expressed......we have other people that come here to kill the moralé of good readers and writers as well, so we on our part as members need to keep a decent membership.....@seun pls don't take it personal, just see how u can make a preview of the memberships on NL that way u can block those sets of people u feel are spoiling the site......but on the last note, i think everyone deserves the right to EXPRESS THEIR FREEDOM.
Re: The Price Of Garri by malc619(m): 7:54am On Sep 01, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

Who is SUEN??
Do You mean Baba Suwe is now on NL??
grin grin

You are a Certified Buf.foon...
ODE....

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by onatisi(m): 7:54am On Sep 01, 2012
otodeluxe: The "garri" phrase is apparently senseless! I don't think its funny at all and so do 95% of NL users think.
you are wrong ,it makes more sense than you think,tell me what is the sense or should i say the common sense in posting dumb topics like "is it good to drink water at night"to the front page? that is only when that uses that sentences to tell us that the topic has no relevance to the reality on ground of the nigerian situation.like someone said earlier the sentncse is used when sleeping or the dozing mods bring dumb posts to the front page.although i have soon come to realise that dumb posts are brought to the front page with seun consent to increase reactions and hits and pages ,because if not he would have found a solution to the problem.if u think that by banning the guy or the sentence will erase it then that is the dumbest solution because right now someone may or is already thinking of introducing another more stupid sentence /question in response to dumb silly post that make the front page
Re: The Price Of Garri by onatisi(m): 8:00am On Sep 01, 2012
Ajibel: In my opinion as the NL JOKE CRITIC, i really think Seun and his mods should take this craze or revoultion of garri madness as trending. Believe me, it would soon die away and another trend would surface soon, to me its fun, i prefer to read about garri comments dan d dry jokes posted in the jokes sections. But we should excise caution though..am enjoying the thread cool
i remember the last time the guy made that statement someone answerd that he should come for garri in his house but others decided to ignore him,well if that is the only thing he knows leave him alone.there are some ppl on this nl the only thing they know is insults,abuse and tribal inciting comments seun has not seen anything wrong in those ppl or their comments.well i have been studying nl for some days now and i think something is wrong with the way things are been run well it is seun business not mine
Re: The Price Of Garri by rodeo0070(m): 8:03am On Sep 01, 2012
***my head in my hands***
Hmmmm!...
"How does this affect the price of garri?" Quite an innovative way of saying a particular thread is useless even though abused from time to time by some "non- patriots". It is not about the Garri but the context. And I must confess, the Garri one liner is a side attraction on Nairaland.
I think Nairaland CEO should focus more on tribal and ethnic comments on most threads.
Me thinks that we, the Garri Advocates of Nairaland (GAN) should form a union or an association with moderators and a Garrison Commander(GCON) to regulate the use of the statement, so as not to abuse it other than for the purpose for which its meant for and its potency.
Before I forget, "How does this affect the price of Garri?"

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 01, 2012
angry
Re: The Price Of Garri by searay(m): 8:16am On Sep 01, 2012
soe: Bbpeye...be warned!!! U do not lov garri more dan Baba iyabo...obasanjo....he drinks garri in d morning,eba in d afternoon, garri @ night...and he even commanded jonathan to use garri as official bread for d nation....despite all these...av u ever seen baba iyabo asking interviewers or guest speakers about how their comments affect d price of GARRI? So if u can not curtail ur garrisome tendencies...we wud help u....infact...mind u guyz...its stup!d comments dat make NL boring...not d topics..cos most tyms..d fo0lish comments make d first two pages such dat one becomes so lazy to keep reading on....and if seun bans us all..trust me..mur peepz r gonna flow in...besides,who needs millons of commentators? All dey need is few wise commentators and millions of visitors...so if u r rili crazi abt d cost of garri..why nt ask urself how surfing d internet affects d price of garri? Good day
0Like : 50Unlikes

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by DANILSA(m): 8:30am On Sep 01, 2012
Even after the order from the appeal court seun still refuse to reinstate the minister of garri affairs, Hon.Ebamma and the Board of directors GPAN( Garri producers association of Nairaland). I wish to categorically state that ur actions is against the rule of law and the Nairaland constitution. The last meeting help by garri activists, it was agreed that they will go on solidarity strike until Hon ebamma and the GPAN directors are reinstated to NL, after which a thread GPAN will be opened for all members. No ban me o, I be barrister not member.gringringrin

5 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by timilehing(m): 8:41am On Sep 01, 2012
Can sum1 pls tel me wat dis PRICE OF GARRI is all abt?
Re: The Price Of Garri by bbpreye2: 8:48am On Sep 01, 2012
But can u imagine? I did not even say any harsh word! I just asked a simple question.. Why should ''garri'' that is the most popular food in Nigeria become a word that can warrant a ban? Its so hilarious, its so un-fair! Tommorow if the price of garri is reduced because of our concern, all these mods will be full beneficiaries of our struggle. The way seun answered me its a violation of my fundamental human right and I hereby seek a redress! Pls!

How has seun's view about the price of garri affect the price of garri in the market?

I join my comrades to chant

Solidarity forever....*3
We shall always fight for GARRI!
GARRI!

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by onatisi(m): 8:56am On Sep 01, 2012
.bbpreye:
But can u imagine? I did not even say any harsh word! I just asked a simple question.. Why should ''garri'' that is the most popular food in Nigeria become a word that can warrant a ban? Its so hilarious, its so un-fair! Tommorow if the price of garri is reduced because of our concern, all these mods will be full beneficiaries of our struggle. The way seun answered me its a violation of my fundamental human right and I hereby seek a redress! Pls!

How has seun's view about the price of garri affect the price of garri in the market?

I join my comrades to chant

Solidarity forever....*3
We shall always fight for GARRI!
GARRI!
you are right,yes on garri we stand .
GARRI RIGHTS FOR THE RIGHT PEOPLE
Re: The Price Of Garri by Ajibel(m): 9:03am On Sep 01, 2012
onatisi:
i remember the last time the guy made that statement someone answerd that he should come for garri in his house but others decided to ignore him,well if that is the only thing he knows leave him alone.there are some ppl on this nl the only thing they know is insults,abuse and tribal inciting comments seun has not seen anything wrong in those ppl or their comments.well i have been studying nl for some days now and i think something is wrong with the way things are been run well it is seun business not mine

I respect seun and he's a product of the web industry who ought to understand how forum runs. A forum thrives based on the contents of what the good, bad and the ugly has to say... seun needs to provide a medium for all garri advocates in a restricted manner or like i have always clamoured for create a gibbersih sub section where troll topics can be created. seun can not wipe out all the garri advocates but he can control their activities in a way he wont lose his respect.
and yea, everyone has the right to ignore or respond to whatever post he may wish to... it's not by force but as you can see, many enjoys the garri advocacy and seun should just be smart enough to provide a little platform for whatever to thrive, it sure wont last.
Re: The Price Of Garri by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 9:06am On Sep 01, 2012
ALL GARRI INTELLECTUALs SUMMIT!
(A.G.I.S) calling!!!!
There will be an EMERGENCY EXTRA ORDINARY session of the above PRESTIGIOUS BODY.
Top on AGENDA: Measures to counter SEUNs BRUTAL CLAMP DOWN on members.
Item 7: come with ur SUGAR & GROUNDNUTs.
Intendinding members r welcomed.
VENUE: GARland Hotels, GARRIki ABUJA.
Signed...........
GARRIson COMMANDER.
ff. GARRI-GENERAL bbqpreye

5 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by bbpreye2: 9:10am On Sep 01, 2012
onatisi:
you are right,yes on garri we stand .
GARRI RIGHTS FOR THE RIGHT PEOPLE

Thank you my sister! Amnesty international must hear this!

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by bbpreye2: 9:15am On Sep 01, 2012
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
ALL GARRI INTELLECTUALs SUMMIT!
(A.G.I.S) calling!!!!
There will be an EMERGENCY EXTRA ORDINARY session of the above PRESTIGIOUS BODY.
Top on AGENDA: Measures to counter SEUNs BRUTAL CLAMP DOWN on members.
Item 7: come with ur SUGAR & GROUNDNUTs.
Intendinding members r welcomed.
VENUE: GARland Hotels, GARRIki ABUJA.
Signed...........
GARRIson COMMANDER.
ff. GARRI-GENERAL bbqpreye

My brother I am warming the edikaikong soup I cooked yesterday and you all know how I will do justicve to it! Am inviting all my Garri activists to the table.

Pls seun I know ur not a dictator, pls listen to the voice of the people and support us in your own way!

Ps: who is mukina? The one that banned me! Pls un-bann me ooooooo! I av served enough bans but just like nelson mandela, victoria acerta!

3 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by onatisi(m): 9:18am On Sep 01, 2012
even gej cannot ban garri ,if he does he will lose.
Re: The Price Of Garri by onatisi(m): 9:19am On Sep 01, 2012
even gej cannot ban garri ,if he does he will lose.
garri associattion political party is the strongest party n nigeria
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 01, 2012
Seun: Yes, please,

It's wrong to ask about the price of garri on a thread that has nothing to do with garri. Doing so will earn you a ban.

Thanks for your kind cooperation.
pls seun,how do i avoid pyguru? This ur robot is giving too much headache. What r the rules pls?
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 01, 2012
onatisi:
i also think so too,seun maybe you shuld review the activities of of moderators.

Concerning the garri issue,pls allow them it brings humor to discussions.
Re: The Price Of Garri by kedukc(m): 9:36am On Sep 01, 2012
nawa o, pikins wey dem jus born tuday don manage to dey ban their seniors...smh
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 01, 2012
@ Seun this is a very sensitive issue. Pls try to be diplomatic and handle it carefully ok. Remember u created NL as a public forum so u should expect such diverse opinions. We are looking towards a great NL celebration when U hit the one million membership mark. My little piece of advice. Stay focused and keep up the good work...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply)

Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? / 8 Things That Taste Better When They’re Free / Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.