Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,714 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

The Price Of Garri - Food (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Price Of Garri (41044 Views)

The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. / Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Price Of Garri by Genius100: 10:19pm On Aug 31, 2012
Seun: Yes, please,

It's wrong to ask about the price of garri on a thread that has nothing to do with garri. Doing so will earn you a ban.

Thanks for your kind cooperation.

So you are willing to ban someone that asks about the price of garri, but very comfortable with the bigots that's made your website an eyesore. Nigerians are indeed very funny people...

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by bakenda(m): 10:20pm On Aug 31, 2012
To all the 'garri activists', why not just start garriland.com?

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by MrGlobe(m): 10:20pm On Aug 31, 2012
@SEUN INASMUCH AS I DONT SUPPRT THE 'PRICE OF GARRI GANG' FOR THEIR DERAILING OF SOME THREADS, I THINK THEY HAVE A GENUINE AGITATION. EVERYBODY ON THIS SITE HAS BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT YOU AND YOUR MODERATORS PUSHING THRASHY TOPICS TO THE HOME PAGE AND IGNORING IMPORTANT ONES. FOR YOU TO COME BACK TO TURN DICTATORIAL AGAINST THE 'PROTEST' OF PEOPLE THROUGH THIS MEANS IS QUITE DISAPPOINTING AND IMMATURE.... WE CAN ALREADY SEE YOU OWN NAIRALAND THROUGH THE INFO BELOW THE SITE. YOU SHOULD NOT CONTINUE TO RUB IT ON OUR FACES. YOU MUST ALSO CAUTION YOUR TRIBAL INCLINED MODS ESP OAM4J AND MAKINA2 TO PREVENT THIS AGITATIONS..
THANK YOU.

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by Genius100: 10:22pm On Aug 31, 2012
Seun:
When it first started, it was fun, but it's been taken much too far, so we have no option but to end it before people start leaving NL.

Chief, giving bigots free room to operate will by orders of magnitude push people out of Nairaland than someone inquiring about the price of Garri. Well meaning people come here everyday only to have our experience ruined by bigots making Nigerians look like animals, yet you seem unconcerned about that.
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 31, 2012
Good, can you also ban those people that question what thread should be on the front page? Freaking irritating.
Re: The Price Of Garri by MrGlobe(m): 10:33pm On Aug 31, 2012
stillwater: Good, can you also ban those people that question what thread should be on the front page? Freaking irritating.
when he bans everybody then you will recruit ur family to do the commenting and pay him too
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 31, 2012
Nobody: *singing* Solidarity for ever,solidarity for ever, solidarity for ever, We shall always fight for GARRI!!
Seun thanks for the ban, you hear?. why didnt you hide this one also eh?, well...now av known your level of intelligence. i aint surprised
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 31, 2012
There's a saying two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. I've seen alot today, from the op down. Who gives a damn about the price of white garri, whats so serious about. Its seun that defines his own idea of troll to us and we eat it anyway just like how he feeds us with any thing on the homepage. Well thanks to capitalism.
Re: The Price Of Garri by tellwisdom: 10:39pm On Aug 31, 2012
[size=17pt]And how does this affect the price of garri??[/size]

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 31, 2012
There's a saying two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. I've seen alot today, from the op and down to some of y.al not excluding "his highness". Who gives a damn about the price of white garri, whats so serious about. Its him that defines his own idea of troll to us and we eat it anyway just like how he feeds us with any thing on the homepage. Well thanks to capitalism.
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 31, 2012
Mr. Globe:

when he bans everybody then you will recruit ur family to do the commenting and pay him too

Seems you live and breathe Nairaland. Wetin concern me if NL closes tomorrow? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 31, 2012
Am happy the humble garri is finally getting the attention it rightly deserves. Having saved millions of Nigerians from starvation, including people who would rather have nothing to do with it in public. I am proud to confirm that I like garri and very concerned about it's price.

Having said that, the garri question is not really about garri. It is a rhetorical question about how a particular subject, topic, thread or statement is relevant to the subject being discussed.

I would not ban this phrase, but then I am not Seun and I don't own Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by ayobase(m): 10:47pm On Aug 31, 2012
uceee: I don laugh sotay tears dey comot 4 my eyes. E be like say 2day na NL garri day.

How u tey know.....we are marking the first yr anniversary this day, next by God's grace and keeping us all alive.
NL' s garri's day is 31st of August...such a good date!
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 31, 2012
But hw does diz rilly affect d prize of FUFU in d market?

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 31, 2012
CoxyB: But hw does diz rilly affect d prize of FUFU in d market?

You are right, it is basically the same thing. You can substitute garri for almost anything.
Re: The Price Of Garri by Abrantie: 10:53pm On Aug 31, 2012
How does this thread affect the price of gari?
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 31, 2012
8 pages and still growing
Truly garri must be a celebrity

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by EmmyBoy2(m): 10:58pm On Aug 31, 2012
bakenda: To all the 'garri activists', why not just start garriland.com?
. Gbam! grin
Re: The Price Of Garri by Cupidkc(m): 10:59pm On Aug 31, 2012
Okija_juju:

Seun,

I think you are going about this the wrong way. As the resident Eze Mmuo of Nairaland, I really do not see how enquiring about the relationship between a thread (which more often than none are absolutely useless threads that even hit the frontpage) and the price of Garri can be misconstrued to be 'wrong'..

'How does this affect the price of Garri" is simply a figure of speech particularly an Idiomatic expression that simply means "How does this affect anything'. I really think that you should reconsider your stand on this subject matter and treat it as just another one of those things. Otherwise, anyone who posts any message that is remotely divergent from the topic of a thread should be banned.

I would say thanks for your cooperation, but seeing as you have not once cooperated on any of my requests in the past from 'Creating a Photography thread, to making an Igbo man a super Mod to even stopping the ethinically charge Tribalism against the Igbo Nairaland community', I would end this message with;

Thanks and Hope you surprise me for once in over 5 years on nairaland.
I concur!
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 31, 2012
Mr. Globe:
@SEUN INASMUCH AS I DONT SUPPRT THE 'PRICE OF GARRI GANG' FOR THEIR DERAILING OF SOME THREADS, I THINK THEY HAVE A GENUINE AGITATION. EVERYBODY ON THIS SITE HAS BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT YOU AND YOUR MODERATORS PUSHING THRASHY TOPICS TO THE HOME PAGE AND IGNORING IMPORTANT ONES. FOR YOU TO COME BACK TO TURN DICTATORIAL AGAINST THE 'PROTEST' OF PEOPLE THROUGH THIS MEANS IS QUITE DISAPPOINTING AND IMMATURE.... WE CAN ALREADY SEE YOU OWN NAIRALAND THROUGH THE INFO BELOW THE SITE. YOU SHOULD NOT CONTINUE TO RUB IT ON OUR FACES. YOU MUST ALSO CAUTION YOUR TRIBAL INCLINED MODS ESP OAM4J AND MAKINA2 TO PREVENT THIS AGITATIONS..
THANK YOU.
its very painful to note that out of all the nigerian social forums I visit,NL is the only one that tolerates tribal bigotry! Well I don't need anyone to ask me why.if seun is scared of people leaving the forum,he must have noticed that people only view topics than comment.am shocked that he took this garri thing serious.there are other serious issues at hand to tackle.seun,if you love Nairaland so much,do what you are supposed to do as the founder so that you won't have regrets.
Re: The Price Of Garri by onatisi(m): 11:01pm On Aug 31, 2012
$tunna:
I loved the garri jokes here tonight, i laugh tire!!

i like the 7 pages so far of SEUN bashing all night...he deserved it totally for his overlord behaviour on the garri issue!

lastly, i like the fact that he has not hidden a single response so far on this thread...big up for that to the dude -taking all the abuse like a man!

long live Garriland...and one way or the other, i must eat some garri this wknd i think n hopefully my demand for garri can slightly increase the price if only temporarily!!! tongue tongue tongue
so u think seun has been reaading ecach response so far?that is a joke my dear
Re: The Price Of Garri by EmmyBoy2(m): 11:01pm On Aug 31, 2012
CoxyB: But hw does diz rilly affect d prize of FUFU in d market?
cheesy. Fufu ke? My sister no start o, before u knw it Fufu mob go invade NL begin clamour for recognition.
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 31, 2012
Okija_juju:

Seun,

I think you are going about this the wrong way. As the resident Eze Mmuo of Nairaland, I really do not see how enquiring about the relationship between a thread (which more often than none are absolutely useless threads that even hit the frontpage) and the price of Garri can be misconstrued to be 'wrong'..

'How does this affect the price of Garri" is simply a figure of speech particularly an Idiomatic expression that simply means "How does this affect anything'. I really think that you should reconsider your stand on this subject matter and treat it as just another one of those things. Otherwise, anyone who posts any message that is remotely divergent from the topic of a thread should be banned.

I would say thanks for your cooperation, but seeing as you have not once cooperated on any of my requests in the past from 'Creating a Photography thread, to making an Igbo man a super Mod to even stopping the ethinically charge Tribalism against the Igbo Nairaland community', I would end this message with;

Thanks and Hope you surprise me for once in over 5 years on nairaland.
33 likes ATM grin grin
Re: The Price Of Garri by BusHouse(m): 11:13pm On Aug 31, 2012
kinchiso: Nothing does the garri group joor.... I stand firmly behind una..... And how does dis affect the price of ..........in the market**comment reserved**
"....And how does it affect the price of..........". U dey fear ban, y u no type am na?. Afta all na gari mata we dey talk.
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 31, 2012
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:

Aristotle's PHILOSOPHY of GARRI.
(1) Naija POLITICIANs doesn't give a hute about d PRICE OF GARRI.
(2) and SEUN doesn't give a sh.it about d PRICE OF GARRI.
(3) SEUN must b a Naija POLITICIAN

The above is *Fallacious* at best.as It begs the question.
Re: The Price Of Garri by Freeopod(m): 11:28pm On Aug 31, 2012
I like NADIA BUARI but she no dey drink GARRI...'Oliver twist'
Am sure nadia is Seunz Girlfrnd.
Cooling off with a bowl of garri at the moment! Seun, come and drink the water ooo! That's d best i can offer.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by azimibraun: 11:29pm On Aug 31, 2012
Education failing once again..so all d graduates on nairaland and even d legendary seun dosnt knw d Garri thing is jst symbolic? I bow 4 una sha.. Isn't d price of garri d statement used symbolicaly to represent d prices of all foood stuff in naija mkt? And also to tell sm1 weda he is makin sense or not in a thread? Chai!

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by kama1210: 11:41pm On Aug 31, 2012
Each time i read about the price of Garri, my day feel so fly.

It may sound so funny but come to think of it, its actually infer the issue that earned warrant of "price of Garri" comment is not interwoven with what serves the interest of the ordinary people.

Mr. Seun, pls, take it easy. Give it a positive thought.
Re: The Price Of Garri by stunna2(m): 11:54pm On Aug 31, 2012
onatisi:
so u think seun has been reaading ecach response so far?that is a joke my dear

actually i do have reasons to believe that he is reading this thread...!

no hidden posts so far and he did come back after his initial response to the op to reassert his views, so yeah...plus it would be foolish of him to not read this thread!
Re: The Price Of Garri by warrior01: 12:06am On Sep 01, 2012
Garri- the official food of champions. Seun, if you don't like it, close down Nairaland
Re: The Price Of Garri by doofanc: 12:21am On Sep 01, 2012
a welcome developement by Seun.

like he rightly siad, it was funny initially, but later became a an exasperating distraction.
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 12:33am On Sep 01, 2012
Okija_juju: Who runs the world? Girls..

What feeds Naija!? Garri..

Save Garri foundation is an NGO, motto:Lower the price of Garri, feed the Nation

Please join the 'Lower Garri Price movement.. Man must wac.. grin
LMAO!!.....#WORD!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply)

8 Things That Taste Better When They’re Free / Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.