Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

The Price Of Garri - Food (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Price Of Garri (41045 Views)

The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. / Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Price Of Garri by olu4life(m): 12:37am On Sep 01, 2012
Mr Seun,i cant tell u how to run ur biz,but u must satisfy ur customer's needs. And who are the people leaving NL,mr oga it is normal. Okija has said it all. I hope u havent been banning people since this thread started, or else...hell is gonna let loose. From the comments on this thread,it shows majority are ok with it,so i expect u to use ur IQ
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 12:43am On Sep 01, 2012
I wonder if Seun will ban me for asking " How does this affect the price of ponmo" grin

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by stunna2(m): 12:47am On Sep 01, 2012
I started a topic recently as i was looking for help naming my new church but it did not get to front page because (we all know why now)!

so, i just might call it the HOLLY GARRI TREE WORSHIPPERS OF NAIJA?!

Bow to the holly garri tree everyone....like seriously!

this should earn me a ban for sure!! angry angry angry angry

hahahahahahaaha

Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 12:52am On Sep 01, 2012
bbpreye: I want Nairalanders to share their views on how this question has become an offensive statement on threads. I started the campaign and I have served my numerous bans. Am sorry if I offended anyone. Please mods, let the people be the judge on this issue. Is it wrong to ask about the price of garri?

I think you might have taken it too far, maybe that is why Seun is mad at you. May I ask you exactly when you started this campaign? Did you "invent" this phrase?
Re: The Price Of Garri by Johnchike(m): 12:56am On Sep 01, 2012
seun is partial. People make statements like 'blame GEJ' others call him 'retardeen' even when the topic has nothing to do with the president. But Mr. Seun pretends not to notice. To me, the garri cliche is the same as someone hissing or yawning at an uninteresting thread. Seun should learn from greater sites like facebook. Or i'd be forced to gather my hacking team.

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by Okijajuju1(m): 1:02am On Sep 01, 2012
diluminati: There's a saying two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. I've seen alot today, from the op and down to some of y.al not excluding "his highness". Who gives a damn about the price of white garri, whats so serious about. Its him that defines his own idea of troll to us and we eat it anyway just like how he feeds us with any thing on the homepage. Well thanks to capitalism.

How old is this individual?!

Talk about infinite human stupidity on public display..

4 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by noobsaibot2(m): 1:09am On Sep 01, 2012
I WAN BUY GARRI...
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 1:16am On Sep 01, 2012
Chei!! I did not know Igbos on NL were scared of d Yoruba ppl on here ooo, see d way they're begging mods for help upon all the mouth running & bragging.....SMH!!

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by hbrednic: 1:18am On Sep 01, 2012
much ado about nothing
nairaland is a social network not a conventry.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by Coefficient(m): 1:35am On Sep 01, 2012
How i love this garri thread! kiss

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 2:06am On Sep 01, 2012
berem: If Ebamma did not post a comment,there are two things involved.its either mukina banned him or didn't ban him.if he is banned,then we are safe.if he was not banned,there are two things involved,its either he is just viewing the comments and not talking or he is on field survey on the price of garri.if he is just viewing the comments and not talking then we are safe.if he went on field survey then there is one thing involved.garri will be damn expensive!
True talk ma sister. I've been viewing dis topic since waiting 2 see his comment but none so far
Re: The Price Of Garri by remarkD(m): 2:08am On Sep 01, 2012
I am happy to seee you make a very sensible post. ... (as I await your next comical attempt on being tribalistic) lipsrsealed grin
Aigbofa: Am happy the humble garri is finally getting the attention it rightly deserves. Having saved millions of Nigerians from starvation, including people who would rather have nothing to do with it in public. I am proud to confirm that I like garri and very concerned about it's price.

Having said that, the garri question is not really about garri. It is a rhetorical question about how a particular subject, topic, thread or statement is relevant to the subject being discussed.

I would not ban this phrase, but then I am not Seun and I don't own Nairaland.
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 2:17am On Sep 01, 2012
remark D: I am happy to seee you make a very sensible post. ... (as I await your next comical attempt on being tribalistic) lipsrsealed grin

What is this supposed to mean?
Re: The Price Of Garri by Bluemoon1(f): 2:45am On Sep 01, 2012
lwkm!!! the comments here eh? i don laff sote hunger catch me..make i go drink garri wink

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by Joeblis(m): 2:48am On Sep 01, 2012
Wonderful!!!
Garri! Grarri!! Grarri!!! how many times did i call your name?##Garri responds "guy forget dat tin".
Re: The Price Of Garri by Flygeriana(m): 2:55am On Sep 01, 2012
GARRI NO GET ADVERT BUT E SELL PASS INDOMIE NOODLE!!

Seun, how does Tonto Dike's tatoo thread affect the price of garri in the market? undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by remarkD(m): 3:06am On Sep 01, 2012
it means that usually your posts do not affect the price of. lol
Aigbofa:

What is this supposed to mean?

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 3:10am On Sep 01, 2012
remark D: it means that usually your posts do not affect the price of. lol

You are damn right. We don't want anything to upset the stability of the ....................etc,etc.
Re: The Price Of Garri by Flygeriana(m): 3:17am On Sep 01, 2012
Mr. Globe:

when he bans everybody then you will recruit ur family to do the commenting and pay him too
Hahahahahahahahaha...

Don't mind that jobless Ediot! He wants Seun to make him one of the mods.
Re: The Price Of Garri by Flygeriana(m): 3:32am On Sep 01, 2012
Seun, i wan by garri. How much for cup?

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by Shaw007(m): 3:42am On Sep 01, 2012
Okija_juju:

Seun,

?I think you are going about this the wrong way. As the resident Eze Mmuo of Nairaland, I really do not see how enquiring about the relationship between a thread (which more often than none are absolutely useless threads that even hit the frontpage) and the price of Garri can be misconstrued to be 'wrong'..

'How does this affect the price of Garri" is simply a figure of speech particularly an Idiomatic expression that simply means "How does this affect anything'. I really think that you should reconsider your stand on this subject matter and treat it as just another one of those things. Otherwise, anyone who posts any message that is remotely divergent from the topic of a thread should be banned.

I would say thanks for your cooperation, but seeing as you have not once cooperated on any of my requests in the past from 'Creating a Photography thread, to making an Igbo man a super Mod to even stopping the ethinically charge Tribalism against the Igbo Nairaland community', I would end this message with;

Thanks and Hope you surprise me for once in over 5 years on nairaland.
lobatan!!

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by wonlasewonimi: 4:04am On Sep 01, 2012
Why ban people when you can easily use your egbado grammar to convert the phrase like you do to most words on nl.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by bbpreye2: 4:55am On Sep 01, 2012
where do i start from?
before i start i want to thank all of you for ur comments and bashings! both the garri supporters and the non-garri supporters at least we av made someone happy in one way or the other looking at the fun part and even seun and his abachalike mods know that.

my fellow garri advocates can u imagine the trauma i av been going through watching my pet project ''how does this affect the price of garri" make the front page and to my greatest suprise the BOSS himself answered me directly and made me watch the thread without being able to talk to my people.
check this out....

mukina2 banned bbpreye for troll/offtopic. Ban expires at September 10, 2012 at 03:43:01 PM.

where is the freedom of speech?
banning me will not solve the problem, cos there are more garri advocates out there that will stand for their rights.

if they like they can ban me again i dont care all i know is that until they answer the question "how does this affect the price of garri in the market" the garri revolution will continue on NL and we are all expecting an apology thread from the BOSS himself.

i rest my case.
thanks.

BBpreye

8 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by bbpreye2: 4:57am On Sep 01, 2012
where do i start from?
before i start i want to thank all of you for ur comments and bashings! both the garri supporters and the non-garri supporters at least we av made someone happy in one way or the other looking at the fun part and even seun and his abachalike mods know that.

my fellow garri advocates can u imagine the trauma i av been going through watching my pet project ''how does this affect the price of garri" make the front page and to my greatest suprise the BOSS himself answered me directly and made me watch the thread without being able to talk to my people.
check this out....

mukina2 banned bbpreye for troll/offtopic. Ban expires at September 10, 2012 at 03:43:01 PM.

where is the freedom of speech?
banning me will not solve the problem, cos there are more garri advocates out there that will stand for their rights.

if they like they can ban me again i dont care all i know is that until they answer the question "how does this affect the price of garri in the market" the garri revolution will continue on NL and we are all expecting an apology thread from the BOSS himself.

i rest my case.
thanks.

BBpreye
Re: The Price Of Garri by bright007(f): 5:28am On Sep 01, 2012
How power intoxicates!I was also banned by d OTONDO sexkillz for asking this question.
They have forgotten dat Nairaland without fun is å dryland/boring land.

For d time being,I have decided to shift from Garri to Cassava bread and cassava biscuits.So how does this topic affect d price of cassava bread and biscuits in d market?
Re: The Price Of Garri by Chanchit: 5:45am On Sep 01, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

They have real jobs

So you don't have a real job...?
Re: The Price Of Garri by Flygeriana(m): 5:51am On Sep 01, 2012
Seun Osewa and his daft and clueless mods, how does this affect the price of garri?

Nonsensical nonsense people.

3 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by locust01(m): 6:11am On Sep 01, 2012
bini girl:

Seconded!!!
Seun be warned... How does this affect d price of garri is asked when silly post makes d front page.. Hunn

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by Truman155(m): 6:22am On Sep 01, 2012
anitank:
Lmao! U wana come find out?
hell no am not gay......... .......but thanks for the offer anyway
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 01, 2012
Bbpeye...be warned!!! U do not lov garri more dan Baba iyabo...obasanjo....he drinks garri in d morning,eba in d afternoon, garri @ night...and he even commanded jonathan to use garri as official bread for d nation....despite all these...av u ever seen baba iyabo asking interviewers or guest speakers about how their comments affect d price of GARRI? So if u can not curtail ur garrisome tendencies...we wud help u....infact...mind u guyz...its stup!d comments dat make NL boring...not d topics..cos most tyms..d fo0lish comments make d first two pages such dat one becomes so lazy to keep reading on....and if seun bans us all..trust me..mur peepz r gonna flow in...besides,who needs millons of commentators? All dey need is few wise commentators and millions of visitors...so if u r rili crazi abt d cost of garri..why nt ask urself how surfing d internet affects d price of garri? Good day
Re: The Price Of Garri by dowjones(m): 7:00am On Sep 01, 2012
soe: Bbpeye...be warned!!! U do not lov garri more dan Baba iyabo...obasanjo....he drinks garri in d morning,eba in d afternoon, garri @ night...and he even commanded jonathan to use garri as official bread for d nation....despite all these...av u ever seen baba iyabo asking interviewers or guest speakers about how their comments affect d price of GARRI? So if u can not curtail ur garrisome tendencies...we wud help u....infact...mind u guyz...its stup!d comments dat make NL boring...not d topics..cos most tyms..d fo0lish comments make d first two pages such dat one becomes so lazy to keep reading on....and if seun bans us all..trust me..mur peepz r gonna flow in...besides,who needs millons of commentators? All dey need is few wise commentators and millions of visitors...so if u r rili crazi abt d cost of garri..why nt ask urself how surfing d internet affects d price of garri? Good day

I UN-LIKE your post. Booo angry

4 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by otodeluxe(m): 7:03am On Sep 01, 2012
The "garri" phrase is apparently senseless! I don't think its funny at all and so do 95% of NL users think.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply)

8 Things That Taste Better When They’re Free / Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.