Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

The Price Of Garri - Food (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Price Of Garri (41026 Views)

The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. / Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Price Of Garri by miccheck57: 9:47am On Sep 01, 2012
And so ladies and gentlemen, that was how Seun's response bought him a garri market... tongue
Re: The Price Of Garri by Chitexs250(m): 9:52am On Sep 01, 2012
I have just finish eating my Garri with egusi soup this morning. Men is mind blowing how I wish mr Seun could have join me I bet u my fellow Garri member he will beg for forgiveness for stepping on our toes in the first place. So I indulge every member of the association to do the same by swallowing enough Garri for today's tasks
Re: The Price Of Garri by oluwabishop: 10:02am On Sep 01, 2012
i jus arose frm my precious brkfast of asoki. U shud taste d uniqueness of ds asoki-garri and fresh cream,peanuts, and standby moi-moi.
on d flipside anyway, if seun shud ban d garri republicans, den evry tom,d*ck and harry dat paste countless links on threads, adverts etc wich clearly av notin to do wit d thread SHOULD BE BANNED TOO. Am not backin d derailing acts of d garri crew tho, but punishment shud not be selective
Re: The Price Of Garri by masterpiecer(m): 10:11am On Sep 01, 2012
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
ALL GARRI INTELLECTUALs SUMMIT!
(A.G.I.S) calling!!!!
There will be an EMERGENCY EXTRA ORDINARY session of the above PRESTIGIOUS BODY.
Top on AGENDA: Measures to counter SEUNs BRUTAL CLAMP DOWN on members.
Item 7: come with ur SUGAR & GROUNDNUTs.
Intendinding members r welcomed.
VENUE: GARland Hotels, GARRIki ABUJA.
Signed...........
GARRIson COMMANDER.
ff. GARRI-GENERAL bbqpreye

LWKMD4H
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Price Of Garri by timilehing(m): 10:13am On Sep 01, 2012
I just visited ebamma on my way back here. *seriously followin*
Re: The Price Of Garri by sweetcocoa(f): 10:13am On Sep 01, 2012
Seun is really serious about this issue sha, i can't believe he banned freecocoa for almost saying the word garri on a thread.
Re: The Price Of Garri by bbpreye2: 10:25am On Sep 01, 2012
The Garri movement is here to stay. If you don't like it you can go on hunger strike! I believe seun and his mods now know that when the people speak with one voice, you can't bring them down!

Now these are my demands as President of this great association, members are free to add thiers and make ammends.
1) The immediate unbanning of all those who were banned because of garri comments.
2) An apology thread for the violation of our fundamental human rights of freedom of expression from. the BOSS himself that should be placed on the front page
3) To restore sanity, a ''garri'' section should be created immediately so as to direct the flow of traffic of all the garri comments.

If these conditions are not met within 24 hours the GARRI REVOLUTION will take a new dimension.

We are still open for talks if they want it!

Solidarity forever*3
We shall always fight for garri..
GARRI!

Thanks

Comrade BBpreye
CHAIRMAN

4 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by felifeli: 10:32am On Sep 01, 2012
How will your ban and eventual expulsion affect the price of garri ?

Typical attitude of some people to do unwholesome things (such as setting up shop in the street anyhow) and then begin to cry that they are being persecuted.Stop acting like illiterates... At least among civilised people.

.bbpreye:
where do i start from?
before i start i want to thank all of you for ur comments and bashings! both the garri supporters and the non-garri supporters at least we av made someone happy in one way or the other looking at the fun part and even seun and his abachalike mods know that.

my fellow garri advocates can u imagine the trauma i av been going through watching my pet project ''how does this affect the price of garri" make the front page and to my greatest suprise the BOSS himself answered me directly and made me watch the thread without being able to talk to my people.
check this out....

mukina2 banned bbpreye for troll/offtopic. Ban expires at September 10, 2012 at 03:43:01 PM.

where is the freedom of speech?
banning me will not solve the problem, cos there are more garri advocates out there that will stand for their rights.

if they like they can ban me again i dont care all i know is that until they answer the question "how does this affect the price of garri in the market" the garri revolution will continue on NL and we are all expecting an apology thread from the BOSS himself.

i rest my case.
thanks.

BBpreye

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by masterpiecer(m): 10:35am On Sep 01, 2012
A poem 4 garri

Before us was u(garri)
and after us u will remain
u av now become a topic of national discuss
u live in d kitchen of 140million naijas
sometimes in solid form
sometimes in liqiud form
many av seek ur present price in the market
some say dey will ban ur usage(never!)
but we do not really care
u av sustained us from infancy to adulthood
yet some still dare to ban the struggle 4 u
but we ur humble followers has vowed-
to fight the good fight of faith
until we gain our e-garri rights
the garri movement will never retire

6 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by girlking(f): 10:42am On Sep 01, 2012
a voting thread should be opened for this garry issue, let nairalanders decide what they want nairaland is for nairalanders! We want a responsive govt!
Re: The Price Of Garri by Chitexs250(m): 10:53am On Sep 01, 2012
.bbpreye:
The Garri movement is here to stay. If you don't like it you can go on hunger strike! I believe seun and his mods now know that when the people speak with one voice, you can't bring them down!

Now these are my demands as President of this great association, members are free to add thiers and make ammends.
1) The immediate unbanning of all those who were banned because of garri comments.
2) An apology thread for the violation of our fundamental human rights of freedom of expression from. the BOSS himself that should be placed on the front page
3) To restore sanity, a ''garri'' section should be created immediately so as to direct the flow of traffic of all the garri comments.

If these conditions are not met within 24 hours the GARRI REVOLUTION will take a new dimension.

Solidarity forever*3
GARRI!

Thanks

Comrade BBpreye
CHAIRMAN
I move the motion with immediate effect by chanting our freedom song solidarity forever *3 we shall always fight for Garri
Re: The Price Of Garri by rodeo0070(m): 10:55am On Sep 01, 2012
onatisi: even gej cannot ban garri ,if he does he will lose.
garri associattion political party is the strongest party n nigeria
With cassava been the chairman... Uncle Jona sef enjoy cassava bread.
Re: The Price Of Garri by rodeo0070(m): 10:57am On Sep 01, 2012
sweetcocoa: Seun is really serious about this issue sha, i can't believe he banned freecocoa for almost saying the word garri on a thread.
Whosoever is against Garri is against life itself.
Re: The Price Of Garri by rodeo0070(m): 11:00am On Sep 01, 2012
Oyinbo get corn flakes, we get Cassava flakes (Garri)...

3 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 01, 2012
wait...why seun and mukina dey despise garri? because they have 'upgraded' to semo and cornflakes abi? too bad. they should however remember that the love of garri is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: The Price Of Garri by SamAfrik(m): 11:09am On Sep 01, 2012
I dont think garri comments make up 10% of any thread, so wats d fuss about? Some pple use it creatively wc makes lots of fun. I wont be spending much time on NL if nt for d funny comments & somtimes intelligent post of its members.
So pls let them be!

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by bbpreye2: 11:10am On Sep 01, 2012
The pride of Nigeria.

If GEJ loves cassava bread,

And Cassava bread was made from cassava,

And Garri was made from cassava,

Therefore GEJ loves Garri!

Seun take note!
Re: The Price Of Garri by 175(m): 11:11am On Sep 01, 2012
.bbpreye:

Solidarity forever*3
GARRI!

Thanks

Comrade BBpreye
CHAIRMAN

i concur wit great pride. At least i ave learnt today dat seun hu eva he is, is equally wateva name dayokun calls jonathan. Thunder!!!!!!
Re: The Price Of Garri by SamAfrik(m): 11:12am On Sep 01, 2012
By d way, anybody knows d price of garri burger @ Mcdonalds?
Re: The Price Of Garri by rodeo0070(m): 11:15am On Sep 01, 2012
SamAfrik: I dont think garri comments make up 10% of any thread, so wats d fuss about? Some pple use it creatively wc makes lots of fun. I wont be spending much time on NL if nt for d funny comments & somtimes intelligent post of its members.
So pls let them be!
Correct! Your head dey there jare my bros...
Re: The Price Of Garri by nativedoctor(m): 11:16am On Sep 01, 2012
Seun: Yes, please,

It's wrong to ask about the price of garri on a thread that has nothing to do with garri. Doing so will earn you a ban.

Thanks for your kind cooperation.
Chief Seun,
Asking about the price of 'that substance' does not actually intend to derail the topic but just to find the relevance of the topic to the welfare of Nigerians(which is most important to us now). I started hearing that phrase before I heard of nairaland.com
Trust Nigerians once they discover that it annoys u they will most definitely keep unearthing more phrases. How many pple u wan ban self?
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 01, 2012
any babe dat doesn't have the strength to turn a moderately big bowl of strong garri(eba) should not take out her frustration on the garri o.
and as for seun, mere looking at him you can tell he does not have the constitution to handle large and nicely rounded balls(okele) of the garri.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 01, 2012
and ao does d price of garri in d market provide husbands for nairaland babes
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 01, 2012
Okija_juju:

Seun,

I think you are going about this the wrong way. As the resident Eze Mmuo of Nairaland, I really do not see how enquiring about the relationship between a thread (which more often than none are absolutely useless threads that even hit the frontpage) and the price of Garri can be misconstrued to be 'wrong'..

'How does this affect the price of Garri" is simply a figure of speech particularly an Idiomatic expression that simply means "How does this affect anything'. I really think that you should reconsider your stand on this subject matter and treat it as just another one of those things. Otherwise, anyone who posts any message that is remotely divergent from the topic of a thread should be banned.

I would say thanks for your cooperation, but seeing as you have not once cooperated on any of my requests in the past from 'Creating a Photography thread, to making an Igbo man a super Mod to even stopping the ethinically charge Tribalism against the Igbo Nairaland community', I would end this message with;

Thanks and Hope you surprise me for once in over 5 years on nairaland.
51 likes ATM....vision 100likes
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 01, 2012
Okija_juju:

Seun,

I think you are going about this the wrong way. As the resident Eze Mmuo of Nairaland, I really do not see how enquiring about the relationship between a thread (which more often than none are absolutely useless threads that even hit the frontpage) and the price of Garri can be misconstrued to be 'wrong'..

'How does this affect the price of Garri" is simply a figure of speech particularly an Idiomatic expression that simply means "How does this affect anything'. I really think that you should reconsider your stand on this subject matter and treat it as just another one of those things. Otherwise, anyone who posts any message that is remotely divergent from the topic of a thread should be banned.

I would say thanks for your cooperation, but seeing as you have not once cooperated on any of my requests in the past from 'Creating a Photography thread, to making an Igbo man a super Mod to even stopping the ethinically charge Tribalism against the Igbo Nairaland community', I would end this message with;

Thanks and Hope you surprise me for once in over 5 years on nairaland.
51 likes ATM....vision 100likes
Re: The Price Of Garri by ypzilanti: 11:35am On Sep 01, 2012
Who was that great man that said: 'I do not agree with what you say, but by God, I will die fighting for your right to say it'

The price of garri guys were overdoing it,but herein lies the problem with censorship:

Will I be banned if i ask 'How does this ban affect the market value of a yellow or white granulated and fried cassava product eaten by a majority of Nigerians?'

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by rodeo0070(m): 11:38am On Sep 01, 2012
SamAfrik: By d way, anybody knows d price of garri burger @ Mcdonalds?
I'm sorry its not been processed yet but I hope this link will help-www.mcdonalds.com/cassavaflakes/garri-ijebupriceonnairaland.html...
Click on the Cassava flakes Nigeria specs section, drag your mouse to categories. A drop down menu with the following will appear:
Yellow Garri (pupa)
Garri Ijebu
Garri Isobo
And lots more.
Click on the type u want and VOLLA! Read all the xteristics and how to prepare it, maybe best served with G/nut, milk etc Eba category can also be seen.
Goto to the top left corner and click an Old man's picture eating what looks like Eba and Egusi, wait for a while to see the price lists.

WARNING- Price is subject to change.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 11:40am On Sep 01, 2012
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
ALL GARRI INTELLECTUALs SUMMIT!
(A.G.I.S) calling!!!!
There will be an EMERGENCY EXTRA ORDINARY session of the above PRESTIGIOUS BODY.
Top on AGENDA: Measures to counter SEUNs BRUTAL CLAMP DOWN on members.
Item 7: come with ur SUGAR & GROUNDNUTs.
Intendinding members r welcomed.
VENUE: GARland Hotels, GARRIki ABUJA.
Signed...........
GARRIson COMMANDER.
ff. GARRI-GENERAL bbqpreye

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by RickyRoss1(m): 11:54am On Sep 01, 2012
This garri shit must be stopped. We all love and eat garri, no doubt about that, but this is Nairaland, we are not here to talk rubbish, we are here to make positive and intelligent comments. For instance, lets say we are discussing about Boko Haram issues or lets say someone needs help finding a good car seller, and a stupidd idiot will come form nowhere and start asking how doesss the topic affect the priccce of garrrri in the market? Anyone of u who doesnt find the garrrri comments irritating needs a reality check.

Not just the garrrri shyt, the owner of this ssite must as well ban all senseless and tribal comments about Igbos, you cant imagine the number of senseless posts the Yoruba thugs create daily on nairalad so as to look good and make Igbos look stuupid. Banning only garrri comments and not banning the ethnic bigots means the owner of this site is not serious... it seems as thou he enjoys the tribal wars?
Re: The Price Of Garri by miqos02(m): 11:56am On Sep 01, 2012
GARRI: SEE WETIN U DON CAUSE. YOU BETTER START FALLING FROM HEAVEN LIKE RAIN
Re: The Price Of Garri by acetee: 11:58am On Sep 01, 2012
Time to Substitute Garri for Cassava Bread grin grin grin
Re: The Price Of Garri by Wislet(f): 12:01pm On Sep 01, 2012
LOL

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply)

Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? / 8 Things That Taste Better When They’re Free / Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.