Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

The Price Of Garri - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Price Of Garri (41043 Views)

The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. / Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 31, 2012
. . .4 pages now and about a hundred people viewing it. Who said garri matter no good? Seun better wake up and smell the coffee o! Garri is good for traffic. See, it even made frontpage. I hope the price of garri thread on the front page can now actually reduce the price of garri. Hahahahahaha
Re: The Price Of Garri by DonaldGenes(m): 5:57pm On Aug 31, 2012
dowjones: The price of garri will ALWAYS be on my mind. infact, I am a garri activist cheesy
100 likes for you
Re: The Price Of Garri by chinedumo(m): 5:58pm On Aug 31, 2012
How exactly will this ban be enforced
will garri be banned by the word filter too?
Seun: Yes, please,

It's wrong to ask about the price of garri on a thread that has nothing to do with garri. Doing so will earn you a ban.

Thanks for your kind cooperation.
Re: The Price Of Garri by freecocoa(f): 5:58pm On Aug 31, 2012
manny4life:

LOL.... I'm singing it too. You know when last me I ate garri?

Funny enough i ate garri and moi moi this afternoon, will also eat hot garri with oha soup tonight, if only you people and seun understand the importance of garri in this country eh, una no go vex when the garri crusaders ask how yeye topics affects the price of their favorite commodity.

Garri is a life saver and for this reason, the slogan should be allowed to stay grin
Re: The Price Of Garri by ladylucky: 5:59pm On Aug 31, 2012
So seun has banned the garri group RIP. Wit dis I expect Ebamma has been banned I swear dat guy must have a cassava plantation. He monitors d price of garri d way Dangotte monitors d stock market.

3 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by DonaldGenes(m): 6:00pm On Aug 31, 2012
Okija_juju:

Seun,

I think you are going about this the wrong way. As the resident Eze Mmuo of Nairaland, I really do not see how enquiring about the relationship between a thread (which more often than none are absolutely useless threads that even hit the frontpage) and the price of Garri can be misconstrued to be 'wrong'..

'How does this affect the price of Garri" is simply a figure of speech particularly an Idiomatic expression that simply means "How does this affect anything'. I really think that you should reconsider your stand on this subject matter and treat it as just another one of those things. Otherwise, anyone who posts any message that is remotely divergent from the topic of a thread should be banned.

I would say thanks for your cooperation, but seeing as you have not once cooperated on any of my requests in the past from 'Creating a Photography thread, to making an Igbo man a super Mod to even stopping the ethinically charge Tribalism against the Igbo Nairaland community', I would end this message with;

Thanks and Hope you surprise me for once in over 5 years on nairaland.
how many likes?lol
Re: The Price Of Garri by phadat(m): 6:01pm On Aug 31, 2012
Most times asking that question can calm frayed nerves in as much as its sometimes annoying I don't think its Ok for seun to ban pple making such comments cos this is a public forum not underscoring the fact that I have come read other annoying threads,insults which ought not to be and needs to be addressed
Re: The Price Of Garri by Sunofgod(m): 6:02pm On Aug 31, 2012

It's wrong to ask about the price of garri on a thread that has nothing to do with garri. Doing so will earn you a ban.

Maybe the op is simply searching for a 'correlation' or 'causal relationship' between the price of garri and the topic in question.

Some examples of topics:

- Fuel Subsidy removal (price goes up - cost of transporting the garri to the market)
- GEJ Cassave plan (price goes up - increased demand=increase in price of garri)
- The 40 man laptop squad (Price goes up - due to their insatiable appetite for 'abu' garri)
- No gold medals at olympics for Nigeria (price goes down as people turn to drink to numb their embarrassment)
- Fashola rolls out some new fines (price goes down as demand for garri diminishes due to fines imposed on the common man)

I think its called 'desktop research'.

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by Jalal(m): 6:06pm On Aug 31, 2012
If trash isn't regularly posted on the front page,the garri comment will reduce. The expression as I understand it means how does such affect the common man on the street. Ε̲̣̣̣.g 'Tonto Dike's latest tattoo' or 'Tonto quits smoking'how the heck does that affect and concern the ordinary man, and why must it make font page? On GARRI we stand if such continues....

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by DonaldGenes(m): 6:07pm On Aug 31, 2012
ladylucky: So seun has banned the garri group RIP. Wit dis I expect Ebamma has been banned I swear dat guy must have a cassava plantation. He monitors d price of garri d way Dangotte monitors d stock market.
hahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhaha
Re: The Price Of Garri by deols(f): 6:07pm On Aug 31, 2012
Chitexs250: First and foremost let me use this medium to thank all my Garri members in the building. Seun there are some topic that are not suppose to be on the font page like Tonto diken tattoos and so on. So I don't see why the issue of Garri should be ban cos it has a way of relaxing the nerves of people who finds it difficult to laugh so what am saying in essence is That The Garri member are where to stay weather u like it or not. To all my Garri members in the house join me in this fight by saying the song of freedom Solidarity for ever solidarity for ever solidarity for ever we shall always fight for our right.

Actually, You may not be able to tell what should make the home page and what should not. That you have no interest in something doesn't mean others don't. These differences are what make the world interesting.
Re: The Price Of Garri by Mannylex(m): 6:08pm On Aug 31, 2012
Chedarking: You're complaining about the Garri Posts....

And to prove your point about how senseless gaarri posts are....

You are using a thread comparing the taste of Chicken to Turkey?

Really?

Typical Nigerian u are! U left the one's which mattered, and took the other, i laugh in pueto rico.... Dude, always look at the positive side ok?
Re: The Price Of Garri by girlking(f): 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2012
I am currently serving my first ban for asking this same question which must not be named. But I think it is just a harmless joke.
Re: The Price Of Garri by drnoel: 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2012
but how does this change our lives
Re: The Price Of Garri by deols(f): 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2012
A way out for the garri activists is the use of those lines as their Signatures. And by their signatures, we can start to know them cheesy
Re: The Price Of Garri by lagcity(m): 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2012
instead of persecuting our NL gari activists, we shld just buy a desk for them on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange so that they can trade Gari on the NSE. That way, they can ask for the price of Gari 5000 times an hour without anyone getting irritated.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by DonaldGenes(m): 6:13pm On Aug 31, 2012
freecocoa: Funny enough i ate garri and moi moi this afternoon, will also eat hot garri with oha soup tonight, if only you people and seun understand the importance of garri in this country eh, una no go vex when the garri crusaders ask how yeye topics affects the price of their favorite commodity.

Garri is a life saver and for this reason, the slogan should be allowed to stay grin
HIGhly seconded
Re: The Price Of Garri by bravehost4u(m): 6:14pm On Aug 31, 2012

pls seun we are in a democracy.. I see no wrong in patronising Garri
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 31, 2012
kandiikane:

That's all they know na. Poverty has caused them not to know of anyother food. tongue
garri isn't a food for the poor only,even the rich drink garri
Re: The Price Of Garri by occam(m): 6:16pm On Aug 31, 2012
Asking for the price of gari is a symbolic expression. My take is how is a topic relevant to challenges facing most Nigerians.. Gari being a food consumed by the masses captures this sentiment

So nothing wrong in asking

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by RealMccoy2(m): 6:17pm On Aug 31, 2012

How come you are not celebrated in Nigeria or Africans in diaspora like the likes of Jason Njoku, Linda Ikeji and the founder of Bella Naija? Is it because you are an insecure Yoruba man? Your site is filled with hate and you profit of hate, now tell me the difference between you and Boko Haram?

4 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by DonaldGenes(m): 6:18pm On Aug 31, 2012
Abeq if you support the garri theory say Hiiiiii
Those why say he or she doesn't say Nayyyyyyyyyy
make we vote am jorrr..i like d slanqs dyeeeeeeee so funny ehhhh
Re: The Price Of Garri by ikekings(m): 6:21pm On Aug 31, 2012
hornipipe: garri isn't a food for the poor only,even the rich drink garri
Abeg help me tell her ooo....” GARRI“ for better for worse....
Re: The Price Of Garri by ikekings(m): 6:22pm On Aug 31, 2012
Donalð Genes: Abeq if you support the garri theory say Hiiiiii
Those why say he or she doesn't say Nayyyyyyyyyy
make we vote am jorrr..i like d slanqs dyeeeeeeee so funny ehhhh
Hiiiiiiiii.... Your head dey dia joor....
Re: The Price Of Garri by Chitexs250(m): 6:24pm On Aug 31, 2012
deols:

Actually, You may not be able to tell what should make the home page and what should not. That you have no interest in something doesn't mean others don't. These differences are what make the world interesting.

and what's your prob with that. Well am not in the mood of ur interest what matters to me now and most is that we the Garri members are here to stay either you or Seun like it or not
Re: The Price Of Garri by Sijo01(f): 6:24pm On Aug 31, 2012
Chaii, so Senu and his crew has taken how those it affect the price of garri this far? O ma se o.........No wonder some of my post on the increment in the price of bread was hidden......... Seriously Senu and GEJ has some kind of similarity. They both wake up to take drastic decisions without listening to the views of the masses/forum members, they both are sorrounded with cabinent members who does not have the affair of the masses/forum members at heart.

Garri activist, i am using this medium to call on you all to come out enmass for the 'occupy cassava farm protest'. More directive will come from the president of how those it affect the price of garri group of NL, 'Ebamma'.

Solidarity foreverrrrrr!

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by RealMccoy2(m): 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2012
Okija_juju:

Dont get it twisted.. I do atimes enjoy some of the tribal bashing on Nairaland. Heck, Niggas have to blow off steam. I also know that people like Bluetooth and Dayokanu amongst many dont take these things seriously. Infact, it was all good until the Moderators got involved.

First it started with the banning of Igbo Users on those threads, then came the deleting of Yoruba bashing posts and leaving those bashing the Igbos, then now it is simply the putting of Igbo crime posts on the front page and leaving the Yoruba ones out..

I bet you to scroll through the front page posts and find me one Yoruba crime one.. However, the last time I visisted the frnt page, the uselessly reported 'RICH OGANIRU MURDER STORY' was there..

I dont want them to stop it at all, but then stop being selective about what tribes crimes gets put on the front page.. I started a post on Two Yoruba pastors that were caught with human parts, and it never saw the light of day.

Some Yorubas are very welcoming and generous, I won't say majority of them are bigots but what I have seen on naira land makes me ashamed of been Nigerian . Majority of my friends are Yorubas ,you will never find them on naira land because they are aware of the low level of intelligence displayed here by their tribes men. Igbos also continues to degrade themselves by joining issues with most of the Internet thugs on here. I only came out here to trash talked a throll called dayokanu it was not serious but I served him real good. We should stop preaching hate, Nigerians regardless of tribes does shady dealings all over the world. The founder of nairaland is either 12 years old or he has no class.
Re: The Price Of Garri by Dnaz(m): 6:29pm On Aug 31, 2012
Abeg oga seun! Talk true, no be Eba(steamed Garri) u hammer dis afternoon?

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by DonaldGenes(m): 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2012
girl king: I am currently serving my first ban for asking this same question which must not be named. But I think it is just a harmless joke.
www.eyaaaaaaaaaacom
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2012
ikekings: Abeg help me tell her ooo....” GARRI“ for better for worse....
yea yea but its been long i drank garri sha...but because of this thread I'll drink soon ! The love of garri is the beginning of wisdom!wole soyinka drank garri during high school days,obasanjo drinks garri even on TV i have the video grin ojukwu drank garri..so whoever says garri is for the poor needs to think again
Re: The Price Of Garri by ayobase(m): 6:33pm On Aug 31, 2012
Okija_juju:

Seun,

I think you are going about this the wrong way. As the resident Eze Mmuo of Nairaland, I really do not see how enquiring about the relationship between a thread (which more often than none are absolutely useless threads that even hit the frontpage) and the price of Garri can be misconstrued to be 'wrong'..

'How does this affect the price of Garri" is simply a figure of speech particularly an Idiomatic expression that simply means "How does this affect anything'. I really think that you should reconsider your stand on this subject matter and treat it as just another one of those things. Otherwise, anyone who posts any message that is remotely divergent from the topic of a thread should be banned.

I would say thanks for your cooperation, but seeing as you have not once cooperated on any of my requests in the past from 'Creating a Photography thread, to making an Igbo man a super Mod to even stopping the ethinically charge Tribalism against the Igbo Nairaland community', I would end this message with;

Thanks and Hope you surprise me for once in over 5 years on nairaland.

My best rated comment!
Re: The Price Of Garri by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 6:34pm On Aug 31, 2012
singing#
Garri is a kind of fooooooooood(2x)
Sweet with Okro
Sweet with ewedu
Efri bodi like Garri
GAAARIIIIIIIII!!!!
grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

8 Things That Taste Better When They’re Free / Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.