Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

The Price Of Garri - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Price Of Garri (41046 Views)

The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. / Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Price Of Garri by ikekings(m): 6:34pm On Aug 31, 2012
hornipipe: yea yea but its been long i drank garri sha...but because of this thread I'll drink soon ! The love of garri is the beginning of wisdom!wole soyinka drank garri during high school days,obasanjo drinks garri even on TV i have the video grin ojukwu drank garri..so whoever says garri is for the poor needs to think again
A very big rethink ooo...
Re: The Price Of Garri by gidson12(m): 6:35pm On Aug 31, 2012
i was also tempted to ask the price of garri, instead of replying with the current price, i got a ban for a harmless question.....but seun keep promoting and flaging threads with tribalistic intents, giving them a hallowed place in his frontpage shrine and even turning a blind eye to some post of tribal warriors that favour him..........well ur the supreme head of ya nairaland kingdom.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by RealMccoy2(m): 6:35pm On Aug 31, 2012
murtalaa: i hope this doesnt come out the wrong way but seriously some igbos have this incurable self-centredness. Of all the ethnic bashings on this thread it is only the one against igbos you want stopped?
Why don't you speak against others belittling your tribe? Must you wait for an Igbo man to speak for you?
Re: The Price Of Garri by Chanchit: 6:36pm On Aug 31, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

Some Yorubas are very welcoming and generous, I won't say majority of them are bigots but what I have seen on naira land makes me ashamed of been Nigerian . Majority of my friends are Yorubas ,you will never find them on naira land because they are aware of the low level of intelligence displayed here by their tribes men. Igbos also continues to degrade themselves by joining issues with most of the Internet thugs on here. I only came out here to trash talked a throll called dayokanu it was not serious but I served him real good. We should stop preaching hate, Nigerians regardless of tribes does shady dealings all over the world. The founder of nairaland is either 12 years old or he has no class.

#crying mode activated# pls bring ur friends to NL, we need them here...! Mtcheeeeew.
Re: The Price Of Garri by ikekings(m): 6:37pm On Aug 31, 2012
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
singing#
Garri is a kind of fooooooooood(2x)
Sweet with Okro
Sweet with ewedu
Efri bodi like Garri
GAAARIIIIIIIII!!!!
grin grin grin
Lol... Sweet with water nd sugar,milk nd ground-nut.... Na enjoyment ooo....
Re: The Price Of Garri by Ishilove: 6:41pm On Aug 31, 2012
tjskii: cheesy cheesy grin, choi his lordship has spoken ooo cheesy cheesy
You his tyrannical lordship angry
Re: The Price Of Garri by RealMccoy2(m): 6:41pm On Aug 31, 2012
Chanchit:

#crying mode activated# pls bring ur friends to NL, we need them here...! Mtcheeeeew.
They have real jobs

3 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by slimyem: 6:42pm On Aug 31, 2012
Whether Seun likes it or not...people will always find a way to talk about garri!
An example is this comment i just found on a front-page thread.
The high price of GARRI. it makes me work hard to put food on the table.....*MODS if you like hide this one, justice for garri must prevail!!!!*
i enjoyed reading it and i'm sure a lot of people did too.
Price of garri and situations surrounding garri are not going anywhere on Nl!
Re: The Price Of Garri by onatisi(m): 6:47pm On Aug 31, 2012
bbpreye: I want Nairalanders to share their views on how this question has become an offensive statement on threads. I started the campaign and I have served my numerous bans. Am sorry if I offended anyone. Please mods, let the people be the judge on this issue. Is it wrong to ask about the price of garri?
the question i have is , why do u ask for the price of garri on nl ?is nl selling garri or what ?
Re: The Price Of Garri by Ifloxy(f): 6:47pm On Aug 31, 2012
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
the.game:
*singing* Solidarity for ever,solidarity for ever, solidarity for ever, We shall always fight for GARRI!!
Re: The Price Of Garri by slimojas89(m): 6:49pm On Aug 31, 2012
Chels..sori GARRI for LIFE
Re: The Price Of Garri by omotola1(m): 6:50pm On Aug 31, 2012
bbpreye: I want Nairalanders to share their views on how this question has become an offensive statement on threads. I started the campaign and I have served my numerous bans. Am sorry if I offended anyone. Please mods, let the people be the judge on this issue. Is it wrong to ask about the price of garri?
Nothing is wrong! But always apply sense. Stop posting ur unwanted comment about garri in serious threads. If u want to talk about garri, open a thread for garri... You silly Garri-man!
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 31, 2012
I've been on NL since I was 17 and nw I'm 24...different trends have cme and gone in NL and I can assure u dat this garri issue will die a natural death...All said and done....but ow does all I have said affect the price of garri ijebu? Freecocoa can u back me up?
Re: The Price Of Garri by SamAfrik(m): 6:50pm On Aug 31, 2012
Why ban somtin so nigerian? pple shd only learn 2 use d word 'garri' creatively
Nigerians stand out around d world 4 dir uniqueness
Presently int'l impact is being made by som1 cos of his research on cassava/garri.
Pls dont inhibit naijas creativity
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 31, 2012
FACTS ABOUT GARRI
1. This food is very low in Saturated Fat,
Cholesterol and Sodium.

2. It is also a good source of
Manganese, and a very good source of Vitamin c

3. There are 360 calories in Garri

More to follow...

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by Mannylex(m): 6:51pm On Aug 31, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

How come you are not celebrated in Nigeria or Africans in diaspora like the likes of Jason Njoku, Linda Ikeji and the founder of Bella Naija? Is it because you are an insecure Yoruba man? Your site is filled with hate and you profit of hate, now tell me the difference between you and Boko Haram?

Linda Ikeji has to confirm a post first, before she allows it appear on her blog. Everybody wants decorum and sensibility on their site. Too much of everything is bad! Those garri peeps need to understand that. Have fun, but act like civilised people.

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by Flygeriana(m): 6:55pm On Aug 31, 2012
gidson12: i was also tempted to ask the price of garri, instead of replying with the current price, i got a ban for a harmless question.....but seun keep promoting and flaging threads with tribalistic intents, giving them a hallowed place in his frontpage shrine and even turning a blind eye to some post of tribal warriors that favour him..........well ur the supreme head of ya nairaland kingdom.
"Supreme head" the as§ of my unborn child.

He is such a hypocrite. A tribalistic puppet.
Re: The Price Of Garri by ujchief(m): 6:55pm On Aug 31, 2012
Just in case a pool is being conducted, i'm against the garri party. As many people pointed out, it was funny when it started, but it got abused and started showing its ugly face in many threads. Even kids who couldnt contribute posítively in a thread now use the garri line to derail threads.
Having said that, their are a whole lot of other stuffs going on in Nl which are more offensive which needs to be looked into. I'v said it b4 and keep saying it, igbo bashing threads and men of God bashing threads are purposely placed on front page. Someone told me Nl is run by atheist, (except muki, who's a devout muslim) seeing those threads makes it easy to believe.
Re: The Price Of Garri by Abujafood: 6:58pm On Aug 31, 2012
Sun of god:

Maybe the op is simply searching for a 'correlation' or 'causal relationship' between the price of garri and the topic in question.

Some examples of topics:

- Fuel Subsidy removal (price goes up - cost of transporting the garri to the market)
- GEJ Cassave plan (price goes up - increased demand=increase in price of garri)
- The 40 man laptop squad (Price goes up - due to their insatiable appetite for 'abu' garri)
- No gold medals at olympics for Nigeria (price goes down as people turn to drink to numb their embarrassment)
- Fashola rolls out some new fines (price goes down as demand for garri diminishes due to fines imposed on the common man)

I think its called 'desktop research'.

LMAO! Very funny comment
Re: The Price Of Garri by ujchief(m): 7:00pm On Aug 31, 2012
slimyem: Whether Seun likes it or not..
Price of garri and situations surrounding garri are not going anywhere on Nl!
unfortunately, thats the truth. Garri's price is trending now on Nl, wit time, i pray it fizzles out. But wit the attention seun and the mods are giving to it, its going to be a long wait b4 sanity returns. . . And then we'l have to deal wit another one, maybe price of beans
Re: The Price Of Garri by uceee(m): 7:00pm On Aug 31, 2012
I don laugh sotay tears dey comot 4 my eyes. E be like say 2day na NL garri day.
Re: The Price Of Garri by Ishilove: 7:01pm On Aug 31, 2012
Chedarking: What now happens to all the bigoted, evil, racist statements on Nairaland?

All the abuse spilling over 5 pages?

And all the stupid posts about celebritiies and their mothers?

Are you gonna hide them too?

Stop trying to impose your personal opinions on a public forum...even if it is yours!

You may ban me now.
God bless you. My sentiments exactly!!
Re: The Price Of Garri by Flygeriana(m): 7:02pm On Aug 31, 2012
hornipipe: FACTS ABOUT GARRI
1. This food is very low in Saturated Fat,
Cholesterol and Sodium.

2. It is also a good source of
Manganese, and a very good source of Vitamin c

3. There are 360 calories in Garri

More to follow...
Plus, garri has no advert, but sells more than indomie. Lol

Gunnars for.... No, sorry! Garri for lyf!

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Garri by Dnaz(m): 7:04pm On Aug 31, 2012
Now, therefore, I, Lieutenant-Colonel BBprue, Governor General of Garri price association of nairaland, by virtue of the authority, and pursuant to the principles, recited above, do hereby solemnly proclaim that the territory and region known as and called Garri price association Nairaland together with her continental threads and territorial Lovers shall henceforth be an independent sovereign forum of the name and title of "The Republic of GARRILAND

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of Garri by Dnaz(m): 7:04pm On Aug 31, 2012
Now, therefore, I, Lieutenant-Colonel BBpreye, Governor General of Garri price association of nairaland, by virtue of the authority, and pursuant to the principles, recited above, do hereby solemnly proclaim that the territory and region known as and called Garri price association Nairaland together with her continental threads and territorial Lovers shall henceforth be an independent sovereign forum of the name and title of "The Republic of GARRILAND
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 31, 2012
Flygeriana:
Plus, garri has no advert, but sells more than indomie. Lol

Gunnars for.... No, sorry! Garri for lyf!
grin
Re: The Price Of Garri by parryon(f): 7:07pm On Aug 31, 2012
Seun.....have u asked yourself why you aren't being celebrated like Jason Njoku,Linda Ikeji and Co?that's because u definitely remind some of us of a dictator.

My fellow nairalanders,does the above question and answer warrant a ban?(Don't be surprised if I get banned sha)

Seun, allow us to air our views the way we deem it fit. Stop gagging us.
Re: The Price Of Garri by onatisi(m): 7:09pm On Aug 31, 2012
but if seun no like garri matter wetting he come do the thread sef?so many topics dey na garri matter seun see to come talk on . na wah . i support garri matta jare
Re: The Price Of Garri by Jarus(m): 7:11pm On Aug 31, 2012
12 inches!:
I've been on NL since I was 17 and nw I'm 24...different trends have cme and gone in NL and I can assure u dat this garri issue will die a natural death...All said and done....but ow does all I have said affect the price of garri ijebu? Freecocoa can u back me up?
Garinomics is actually not a new phenomenon on Nairaland, it only ganied currency recencytl Far back 2008 I saw comments asking how something affected the price of garri. I think Pataki was the leading protagonist then. But it wasn't this common then.

Personally, I don't think someone deserves ban for asking how something affects the price of garri. I see it as an unavoidable comic in even serious threads and even beyind comic, it can be a genuine question to show that dissipating our energy on some things are needless.
Re: The Price Of Garri by callydon(m): 7:11pm On Aug 31, 2012
Seun: Yes, please,

It's wrong to ask about the price of garri on a thread that has nothing to do with garri. Doing so will earn you a ban.

Thanks for your kind cooperation.
And how has wot U jst said affected d price of GARRI in d market?
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 31, 2012
Adeniyi A.:
na dem fault?
wen an average student finds it difficult to wack a cup of garri and a topic is bn posted,all he cud see atleast is 'garri,garri,garri n garri n garri n garri .....
um i rem our 'garrum sulphate(GaSO4)' - garri+water
nops! Its garium tetraoxosulphate(vi) acid.Ga2SO4.where the hell is EBAMMA?
Re: The Price Of Garri by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 31, 2012
wetin bad about garri, mtcheew......seun small time u go come dey beg me garri........@mods, come pay back my garri wey u borrow. But wait........does dis actually affect the price of garri

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

8 Things That Taste Better When They’re Free / Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.