Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,654 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Who Is A Lagosian? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is A Lagosian? (22391 Views)

WHO IS A Lagosian?let The Truth Be Told. / APC Governorship Ticket In Lagos Akinwunmi Ambode Not A Lagosian,jamb(Photo) / Who Is A Lagosian ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by ichidodo: 3:51pm On Sep 26, 2012
mejai: A lagosian is an ugly man wit sango tribal or facial marks, who does nothin but 2 claim landlord, plays 'draft' wit his taxi waitin at d park. In d afternoon, he eats ewedu & amala, den wknds goes for owambe party, simple discussion wit his mates, he shouts( thinkin it's an argument). He's lazy, chewin stick in a mega city & always ready 2 abuse u. Funny enuf, richest yorubas r not frm lagos sef, ogun state & odas r d way.
If e vex u, find d nearest railway & hug an on comin train. Shoot me if u can. Ogun state........ Pride of yoruba land. Wer rich men wine & dine, yet dem Bleep up.
dat is how d yoruba pricks are. nuf said.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 26, 2012
truth4meal: if they ask you for ur state of Origin - you will say "Lagos" abi? If they ask for your Nationality you will "lost tribe of Isreal" - you pple don't exist and its not ur fault u lost ur sense and history to d civil war

Oh boi, I am not igbo. Infact, I am an Ife Prince from the Oshikola ruling family (The same fam that produced the former governor of the Western Region). cool

The op asked for meaning of a lagosian, I don't think he is asking for "state of origin". I was born and bred in Lagos, sure that makes me a lagosian but I am not indigenous to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by truth4meal(m): 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2012
bashr8: my friend shut up , no igbo man is from lagos state same as yorubas that dont have ancestery there. do you have a brain at all .i wonder why the east keep feeding you people with oil money cus its just waste of time. only bastards and a destitutes depends on revenue from another mans land to sustain its economy and feed its people
oil money? U don't even understnd dat the west was built wit Cocoa money and ondo d last time I chk is not in d east - my brother we don't nid ur oil money don't u knw we support resource control? Did u knw we support regional autonomy? If we depend on ur oil we won't support all I mentioned - ur oil money is in the hands of corrupt leaders and now ur misfits calld militant - I barely feel it impact

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by SlyIg(f): 3:59pm On Sep 26, 2012
Thank God i got nothing to do with that suffer suffer place called Lagos.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by tintingz(m): 4:00pm On Sep 26, 2012
I wonder why the hausas, igbos, ijaws etc are claiming Lagosian when their forefathers can't speak nor understand youruba Eko will always be the home for the yoruba-blood. Eko lo bi mi si ogun ni moti wa grin
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Ngodigha: 4:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
tintingz: I wonder why the hausas, igbos, ijaws etc are claiming Lagosian when their forefathers can't speak nor understand youruba Eko will always be the home for the yoruba-blood. Eko lo bi mi si ogun ni moti wa grin
Stop chatting bolocks here. Yorubas born in London claim London as their city and even use U.K passports. Why can't you fools reason for once. Why can't others be Lagosians when you also claim other cities as your own. I pity you clowns.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by tintingz(m): 4:04pm On Sep 26, 2012
SlyIg: Thank God i got nothing to do with that suffer suffer place called Lagos.
i hope you are living in your village now tongue
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 26, 2012
Chinom:

Abuja is the "new" Lagos. When El-Rufai said that 70% of the properties in Abuja are own by Igbos, he is basically saying that Igbos own Abuja. But Abuja is sooo young compared to Lagos.

Good, I just don't understand why Igbos love the idea of investing in real estate in regions alien to them. Nigeria is a very fragile country, have you ever thought of what would become of those properties should all hell break loose. Anyway, that's another discussion for a different topic.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 26, 2012
saxywale:

Oh boi, I am not igbo. Infact, I am an Ife Prince from the Oshikola ruling family (The same fam that produced the former governor of the Western Region). cool

The op asked for meaning of a lagosian, I don't think he is asking for "state of origin". I was born and bred in Lagos, sure that makes me a lagosian but I am not indigenous to Lagos.

Thank you jare. And the good thing is that you can go anywhere is Lagos and even Yorubaland and say your name is Wale and nobody will ask you how is the weather in Abakaliki.

Omo ibo to fe claim omo onile.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by truth4meal(m): 4:06pm On Sep 26, 2012
Billyonaire: Oh Yea ? And I am a fisherman ? And you are the fish. I can smell the amala in your breath from here. Tell me more about the meaning of "Deportation", Mr. tribal pig
Deportation is the act of tranferring or transporting rubbish to the dustbin e.g. The deportation of Igbo refugees to their dustbin in Anambra or Billy the rubbish was deported to Bayelsa the dustbin - hope u understnd?
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by dayokanu(m): 4:07pm On Sep 26, 2012
A Lagosian is anyone whose Father can trace his ancestory to any part of the modern Lagos state
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by bashr8: 4:08pm On Sep 26, 2012
tintingz: i hope you are living in your village now tongue
another dumbo
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by bright007(f): 4:09pm On Sep 26, 2012
Kslib:
This goat is for sale...
Why are there so many goats for sale..
You be capital"M.U.M.U and ORIGINAL LAGOS MUGUN"gringringrin
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
bashr8: another dumbo

Report to Alausa with your passport.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Ngodigha: 4:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
saxywale:

Good, I just don't understand why Igbos love the idea of investing in real estate in regions alien to them. Nigeria is a very fragile country, have you ever thought of what would become of those properties should all hell break loose. Anyway, that's another discussion for a different topic.
It seems you have the same mental health issues which Rashidi Yekini had. One minute he is normal even chatting with Taiwo Ogunjobi etc. The next minute he is the market centre barefooted.
For your information, Yorubas invest elsewhere outside Yorubaland e.g Kaduna, Jos etc. The issue here is about riches. A lot of them who do not invest outside yorubaland are as poor as church rats.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Koolking(m): 4:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
Katsumoto:

Try and get an education about the history of Lagos before you make ridiculous claims about People from Benin being the original settlers.

We are here to learn fact not hearsay and propaganda. Sir, if could be kind to oblige your hard earned knowledge, that would be noble. I repeat without being coerced Lagos is home for all.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by ichidodo: 4:11pm On Sep 26, 2012
truth4meal: if you are versed in the constitution den u should knw better that no single igbo heads a community in Lagos and since it inception none made it democratically to d post of the governor-Akiyemoyin the son of olokukutere owns Island, Ojora owns Orile and co, awori owns the larger chunk, olumegbon owns Ajah, Oniru family owns Oniru, Ikate Elegushi owns Elegushi and Ikate in Surulere,Kuruba owns badagry or d eguns,oloto owns oto awori - pls add to d list anyone constitutionally owned by the igbos.
THE CHOICEST OF THOSE LANDS R NOW IN THE POSSESION OF THE IGBOS. WE DID NOT BEG ANYBODY TO SELL TO US THEIR LAND. NUF SAID.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by bashr8: 4:11pm On Sep 26, 2012
truth4meal: Deportation is the act of tranferring or transporting rubbish to the dustbin e.g. The deportation of Igbo refugees to their dustbin in Anambra or Billy the rubbish was deported to Bayelsa the dustbin - hope u understnd?
and transfering dirty rubbish yorubas to their caves and villages .

The Special Adviser to the governor on Youth and Social Development Dr. Dolapo Badru, who disclosed this at a ministerial briefing yesterday in Lagos, said 3,044 of the beggars arrested had been sent away in the last one year.

Giving a breakdown of the statistics, Badru revealed that Sokoto State had the highest number of beggars with 196 arrested on Lagos streets, followed by Oyo State with 83, Kano State 75, Osun State 67, Ekiti 21, while Ondo State had seven.

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47810:lagos-returns-3105-poor-persons-lunatics-to-six-states&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

you cant even stand your own yoruba filths thats if your even from lagos.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by tintingz(m): 4:11pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ngodigha:
Stop chatting bolocks here. Yorubas born in London claim London as their city and even use U.K passports. Why can't you fools reason for once. Why can't others be Lagosians when you also claim other cities as your own. I pity you clowns.
Lol. . .which yoruba peeps dey claim a white man land. . .they only claim it to chop money grin buh this non-yoruba peeps claim it as if na dem own the land
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by bashr8: 4:12pm On Sep 26, 2012
Aigbofa:

Report to Alausa with your passport.
God forbid i have anything to do with that slum called lagos, its too dirty and for an enugu born and brought up like me.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Ngodigha: 4:12pm On Sep 26, 2012
dayokanu: A Lagosian is anyone whose Father can trace his ancestory to any part of the modern Lagos state
Nice one from you Kanu. As a result, all this people from Ilorin, Ondo, Ilaro, Eruwa etc should desist from claiming Lagos.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Chinom(m): 4:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
saxywale:

Yours is a very sensible comment. Being a Lagosian is NOT the same thing as being an Indigene. Let's not get the 2 mixed up. Of the near 20 million population of Lagos, i'm not sure Indigenes make up to 5 million. Besides all Yorubas are not indegenes of Lagos.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 26, 2012
bashr8: God forbid i have anything to do with that slum called lagos, its too dirty and for an enugu born and brought up like me.

I agree with you completely. It was a very clean and orderly city though, and then...Kabooom! Ekenedili started coming with full loads and returning empty!
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Benito69(m): 4:15pm On Sep 26, 2012
A lagosian is defined as one that has the following characteristics
1. Has stayed in Lagos for at least 5 years.
2. Can survive being stuck in traffic for at least 3 hours.
3. Though he/she may not be fluent in yoruba, he/she may insult fellow lagosians, greet fellow lagosians, and interact with the bus conductor.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by olivertwist: 4:15pm On Sep 26, 2012
Billyonaire: In elementary Government and Social Science, you were thought that there are many means of becoming a citizen, you just analysed Citizenship by naturalization. Have you forgotten the other 5 means of becoming a citizen or you want me to remind you of them. I guess you have forgotten.
Beaf {Billyonaie} give me few minutes, I'll be driving home in few minutes, I'll entertain your ignorance about the rubbish you posted above when I get home. Cya
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Ngodigha: 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2012
Chinom:

Yours is a very sensible comment. Being a Lagosian is NOT the same thing as being an Indigene. Let's not get the 2 mixed up. Of the near 20 million population of Lagos, i'm not sure Indigenes make up to 5 million. Besides all Yorubas are not indegenes of Lagos.
Minus Badagry who are Egun by ethnicity, no other group is native to Lagos state.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by tintingz(m): 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2012
bashr8: another dumbo
mumu ode. . .you must pay tax for this. . .LAGOS IS WORKING grin
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by 2mch(m): 4:17pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ngodigha:
Minus Badagry who are Egun by ethnicity, no other group is native to Lagos state.

You are very stewpid. I am indigenous to Lagos and i am not Egun. Keep living in denial the day will come when you will realise but it will be too late. The people from your home state must be from cameroon. Andre Uweh, dont insult Lagosians
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Antivirus92(m): 4:17pm On Sep 26, 2012
truth4meal: Deportation is the act of tranferring or transporting rubbish to the dustbin e.g. The deportation of Igbo refugees to their dustbin in Anambra or Billy the rubbish was deported to Bayelsa the dustbin - hope u understnd?
that is exactly how failure use to start. Lagos state govt deported majority non-igbos as igbos to anambra. Even yorubas are among the deportees. We will transfer them all back to lagos state. And now we've known ur governor even more and his feelings for anambra and igbo race in general. Let's watch and see who the winner will be.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Katsumoto: 4:19pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ngodigha:
It seems you have the same mental health issues which Rashidi Yekini had. One minute he is normal even chatting with Taiwo Ogunjobi etc. The next minute he is the market centre barefooted.
For your information, Yorubas invest elsewhere outside Yorubaland e.g Kaduna, Jos etc. The issue here is about riches. A lot of them who do not invest outside yorubaland are as poor as church rats.

Why did you have to Bring a dead person, considered a hero by many including non-Nigerians, into this just because you want to make an asinine point?

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Ngodigha: 4:20pm On Sep 26, 2012
Dayokalu is one of the few Yorubas that have made sense in this thread. Others are just here to display stupidity. Why can't other yorubas be like Dayokalu who is a proud Oyo state man. You hardly or never see him claiming Lagos.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by dayokanu(m): 4:24pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ngodigha:
Nice one from you Kanu. As a result, all this people from Ilorin, Ondo, Ilaro, Eruwa etc should desist from claiming Lagos.

I am from Oyo State, My father is from Ogbomosho. I lived in Lagos but I am not a Lagosian. I am from Oyo State. Aji sebi Oyo laari Oyo ki sebi baba enikankan.

If I have any Political future It would be in Oyo State and never from Lagos

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Dino Melaye promoting the establishment of Federal University of Agric, Kabba. / South-West PDP Party Chairmen To Makinde: Who Cares If You Join APC? / Ihedioha Denies Hosting Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.