Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,504 members, 7,816,197 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Who Is A Lagosian? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is A Lagosian? (22387 Views)

WHO IS A Lagosian?let The Truth Be Told. / APC Governorship Ticket In Lagos Akinwunmi Ambode Not A Lagosian,jamb(Photo) / Who Is A Lagosian ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by demmie1: 4:24pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
Where did i make that assertion? lagos doesn't belong to anyone. It's owned by the NIgerian state under the law even though it's indigenous to Yorubas. The constitution supersedes anything and everything.
now we are getting somewhere. if Lagos doesn't belong to anyone how are yorubas indigenes?
you are just going round and roundabout trying to prove a point. come on, spit it out.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 4:26pm On Sep 26, 2012
dayokanu:

I am from Oyo State, My father is from Ogbomosho. I lived in Lagos but I am not a Lagosian. I am from Oyo State. Aji sebi Oyo laari Oyo ki sebi baba enikankan.

If I have any Political future It would be in Oyo State and never from Lagos
You're a true son of your Father. At least we know where you stand on this issue.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ngodigha: Dayokalu is one of the few Yorubas that have made sense in this thread. Others are just here to display stupidity. Why can't other yorubas be like Dayokalu who is a proud Oyo state man. You hardly or never see him claiming Lagos.

The only people claiming Lagos are ibos, even Lagos indigenes don't go about saying "look at me, we own Lagos"

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 4:27pm On Sep 26, 2012
demmie1:
now we are getting somewhere. if Lagos doesn't belong to anyone how are yorubas indigenes?
you are just going round and roundabout trying to prove a point. come on, spit it out.
That you're indigenous to a place doesn't make you the owner.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Ngodigha: 4:28pm On Sep 26, 2012
dayokanu:

I am from Oyo State, My father is from Ogbomosho. I lived in Lagos but I am not a Lagosian. I am from Oyo State. Aji sebi Oyo laari Oyo ki sebi baba enikankan.

If I have any Political future It would be in Oyo State and never from Lagos
But why can't your fellow yorubas follow your path. People should be proud of where they come from. It's a pity Yoruba mothers are no longer giving birth to special people like you.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by tintingz(m): 4:28pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ngodigha: Dayokalu is one of the few Yorubas that have made sense in this thread. Others are just here to display stupidity. Why can't other yorubas be like Dayokalu who is a proud Oyo state man. You hardly or never see him claiming Lagos.
cuz he pity for the non-yoruba. . .
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Katsumoto: 4:29pm On Sep 26, 2012
Koolking:

We are here to learn fact not hearsay and propaganda. Sir, if could be kind to oblige your hard earned knowledge, that would be noble. I repeat without being coerce Lagos is home for all.

When the Bini got to Lagos, they met a ruler called Olofin. The first Olofin himself met others at Iddo when he moved there from Ibefun.

And no, Lagos is not some land that anyone can lay claim to as home. That line of thought is for people who aren't proud of their origins, too lazy to make change in their homeland, and prefer to lay claims to someone else's home.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Ngodigha: 4:30pm On Sep 26, 2012
Aigbofa:

The only people claiming Lagos are ibos, even Lagos indigenes don't go about saying "look at me, we own Lagos"
Almost every Yoruba here minus Dayo is claiming Lagos. Even Desola, all the way from Ilorin is also claiming Lagos yet sees it wrong for any Igbo or Edo to claim Lagos.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ngodigha:
But why can't your fellow yorubas follow your path. People should be proud of where they come from. It's a pity Yoruba mothers are no longer giving birth to special people like you.

Mention one Yoruba on this forum who is not from Lagos but claiming to be a Lagosian?
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Katsumoto: 4:33pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ngodigha:
Almost every Yoruba here minus Dayo is claiming Lagos. Even Desola, all the way from Ilorin is also claiming Lagos yet sees it wrong for any Igbo or Edo to claim Lagos.

Taking a position in a debate is not the same as laying claims. Why do some of you have thought process issues?

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ngodigha:

This is a big lie.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by cheddarking(m): 4:34pm On Sep 26, 2012
What's in the Lagos sef?

As if Lagos is not a Shithole...

By the way I'm half Igbo/Half Yoruba and My dad is a Bariga boy... grin
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by ichidodo: 4:34pm On Sep 26, 2012
Aigbofa:

We all built Abuja, not Lagos. Ibeto or no Ibeto, none of them was invited to Lagos, they all came on their own volition. As far as the current arrangement goes, you don't own Lagos any more than you own Kano, Maiduguri, Jalingo or Sokoto.
IF I BUY A BLOCK OF LAGOS PROPERTY. I BUY A PIECE OF LAGOS. I BECOME A LAGOS LAND OWNER. I OWN LAGOS. IF U R A JEALOUS YORUBA LAGOSIAN OR NON-LAGOSIAN PRICK THEN U CAN DROWN IN URE VOMIT. EIDIOT ENVIOUS YIRIBA FVCKS

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by sbeezy8: 4:34pm On Sep 26, 2012
Lagos is yoruba land- with the exception of egun,ewe...- they are too if talking state. but Lagos was only an island before that did not include surrounding areas.

I dont know what the talk is about I know PLENTY of yorubas who are Ijebu, Oyo, Ilaje and will say they are not from Lagos- and return to their towns FREQUENTLY.

I hear more people non yorubas mainly igbos fixated on Lagos than yorubas edos hausas(who have been in Lagos longer)nupes,- Give it up its not that serious.

When I say Im from Lagos - im really from "Lagos" even my family have been senators in Lagos,commissioners in Lagos and Obas of Lagos.

Same as being a person from Southwest- Nigeria. When I say im from Southwest Nigeria- Im really from Southwest Nigeria I dont care what goes on in the north east or Niger delta excluding some-parts where grannys, aunts come from.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by tintingz(m): 4:34pm On Sep 26, 2012
demmie1:
you dey mind him. . .he thinks the igbos are the owner and build Lagos Eko land grin
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by dont8(m): 4:35pm On Sep 26, 2012
You forgot to add Ikorodu, Epe and Isale Eko.

shymexx: If you're not Awori, Ijebu, Egba, and Egun - you're not a Lagosian.. grin

History for dummies!!
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ngodigha:
It seems you have the same mental health issues which Rashidi Yekini had. One minute he is normal even chatting with Taiwo Ogunjobi etc. The next minute he is the market centre barefooted.
For your information, Yorubas invest elsewhere outside Yorubaland e.g Kaduna, Jos etc. The issue here is about riches. A lot of them who do not invest outside yorubaland are as poor as church rats.

Igodigba or whatever your name is. I can see you have no respect for the dead. You have large amount of sickle cells in your brain so your thinking faculty is on the same scale as that of a baby cockroach.
It's common knowledge that Igbos invest in immovable properties all over Nigeria than any other tribe. But you would not know that cos you are retarde.d grin
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by sbeezy8: 4:36pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ngodigha:

not true- even a lagosian will laugh at an ilorin, ife, oyo person claiming lagos. I've seen it many times
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by demmie1: 4:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
saxywale:

Oh boi, I am not igbo. Infact, I am an Ife Prince from the Oshikola ruling family (The same fam that produced the former governor of the Western Region). cool

The op asked for meaning of a lagosian, I don't think he is asking for "state of origin". I was born and bred in Lagos, sure that makes me a lagosian but I am not indigenous to Lagos.
you've said it all. now to explain it for better comprehension, a lagosian is:
an indigence of Lagos.
born and bred in lagos.
that can speak the language of lagos.
if you fall into any of the category you qualify.
so afam are you a lagosian?
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 26, 2012
ichidodo: IF I BUY A BLOCK OF LAGOS PROPERTY. I BUY A PIECE OF LAGOS. I BECOME A LAGOS LAND OWNER. I OWN LAGOS. IF U R A JEALOUS YORUBA LAGOSIAN OR NON-LAGOSIAN PRICK THEN U CAN DROWN IN URE VOMIT. EIDIOT ENVIOUS YIRIBA FVCKS

LMAO! You have nothing to be envied, don't deceive yourself.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by truth4meal(m): 4:39pm On Sep 26, 2012
To all ye cyber-claimant of Lagos I wish you quick recovery from ur dumbness - am out...Eko baje ti
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by ichidodo: 4:40pm On Sep 26, 2012
Aigbofa:

becuse they have sold their land to us?! cant u c d writin on d wall?
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by truth4meal(m): 4:43pm On Sep 26, 2012
cheddarking: What's in the Lagos sef?

As if Lagos is not a Shithole...

By the way I'm half Igbo/Half Yoruba and My dad is a Bariga boy... grin
wait, wait -your dad is a boy shocked grin
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 26, 2012
ichidodo: becuse they have sold their land to us?! cant u c d writin on d wall?

The facts does not support your assertion. Yes, some ibos like other Nigerians have properties in Lagos, but the majority of them still pay rents to Yoruba landlords.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by doublecross(m): 4:45pm On Sep 26, 2012
anyone who has spent at least 6 months in Lagos can be reffered to as a LAGOSIAN. LAGOS IS NO MANS LAND.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Ngodigha: 4:45pm On Sep 26, 2012
sbeezy8: Lagos is yoruba land- with the exception of egun,ewe...- they are too if talking state. but Lagos was only an island before that did not include surrounding areas.

I dont know what the talk is about I know PLENTY of yorubas who are Ijebu, Oyo, Ilaje and will say they are not from Lagos- and return to their towns FREQUENTLY.

I hear more people non yorubas mainly igbos fixated on Lagos than yorubas edos hausas(who have been in Lagos longer)nupes,- Give it up its not that serious.

When I say Im form Lagos - im really from "Lagos" even my family have been senators in Lagos,commissioners in Lagos and Obas of Lagos.

Same as being a person from Southwest- Nigeria. When I say im from Southwest Nigeria- Im really from Southwest Nigeria I dont care what goes on in the north east or Niger delta excluding some-parts where grannys, aunts come from.
I understand what you mean. Why can't a Yoruba man who resides in Lagos be proud of his Ekiti roots or Iwoh, Owoh, Saki, Ede etc. Why must they claim Lagos as their state and can't allow others claim Lagos. How many Yorubas do you find here praising their towns apart from Dayo. Everyother Yoruba does not say anthing about his original hometown or his father's home town. Is it a taboo for Yorubas to mention where their parents came from or be proud of it. Dayo is exceptional, who else none.

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by cheddarking(m): 4:45pm On Sep 26, 2012
truth4meal: wait, wait -your dad is a boy shocked grin

Osha mo nkan ti mo mean. grin

And truth be told my pops is a confirmed guy man grin grin
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by dayokanu(m): 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ngodigha:

Ileke idi has always claimed Ekiti, Dapobear has always claimed Ekiti, Naijababe has always claimed Ogun and Jarus has always claimed Kwara, Sagamite has always claimed Ogun and Rhino has always been proudly Ondo, Fstranger is Osun through and through.

So who are the Yorubas who falsely claim Lagos

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by tintingz(m): 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2012
My origin is ogun state ijebu boy. . .born and bred in Lagos i will always claim a lagosian anywhere cuz i got the yoruba blood. . .everywhere in the southewest-yorubaLand is my home. . .to the igbos, ijaws, hausas etc go park somewhere Lagos ain't your home and your father-Land
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by ichidodo: 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2012
Aigbofa:

LMAO! You have nothing to be envied, don't deceive yourself.
a piece of sweet lagos property is much to be desired and envied. If u dont have. Then go get ures and stop hatin.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 26, 2012
Aigbofa:

Thank you jare. And the good thing is that you can go anywhere is Lagos and even Yorubaland and say your name is Wale and nobody will ask you how is the weather in Abakaliki.

Omo ibo to fe claim omo onile.

No mind dem jare. Jide Omoworare from ifako/ijaiye constituency came all the way from Ife to become the speaker of the Lagos State house of Assembly. He is now a Senator representing Osun East. That's the essence of the great Yoruba lineage. The guy would proudly call himself a lagosian but he is from Osun by state of origin.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Ngodigha: 4:49pm On Sep 26, 2012
dayokanu:

Ileke idi has always claimed Ekiti, Dapobear has always claimed Ekiti, Naijababe has always claimed Ogun and Jarus has always claimed Kwara, Sagamite has always claimed Ogun and Rhino has always been proudly Ondo, Fstranger is Osun through and through.

So who are the Yorubas who falsely claim Lagos
Minus this few you mentioned, others claim Lagos state. It is nice though for them to see pride in their towns. Probably, they are following your footsteps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union / Supporters Of President Buhari On Solidarity Protest On The Streets Of Abuja / 2019: Amid Uncertainty, Tinubu, Ganduje Visit Wamakko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.