Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Who Is A Lagosian? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is A Lagosian? (22388 Views)

WHO IS A Lagosian?let The Truth Be Told. / APC Governorship Ticket In Lagos Akinwunmi Ambode Not A Lagosian,jamb(Photo) / Who Is A Lagosian ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
Katsumoto:

So no one was living in Ikorodu, Epe, Island, Shomolu, Badagry, etc before the British set foot in Lagos?

It was created by the British and then 'groups' from all over Nigeria were kidnapped to populate it?

LMAO grin grin
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 2:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
shymexx:

Lagos was CREATED before there was a country called; Nigeria...

And since my subgroup falls within what's called Lagos today, Lagos is my ancestral state...

Do you even understand basic English?
By Lagos is mean "Lagos state" and not the Lagos that resides in your head.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Slizbeat(m): 2:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
A Lagosian is one who is so stupid to leave work, log on to Nairaland, open up this particular thread, comment and claim the ownership/indigine of lagos with out regards to others who made lagos a home for them to be proud of. Gullible and insensitive Frogs.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by truth4meal(m): 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2012
2 million: By the time the igbos will leave lagos, we'll see what will become of it. NONSENSE!!!
una no leave during una yeye suicide spree called civil war? Abi na during June 12 una no rush commot Lagos? Did we lose sleep-i dare you to take d iniative and leave if hunger no go kill u for ur village that of course is if dem no kidnap u sha...Bunkum mixed with equal amount of rubbish

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by tochilastborn(m): 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2012
@op.

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2012
Katsumoto:

So no one was living in Ikorodu, Epe, Island, Shomolu, Badagry, etc before the British set foot in Lagos?

It was created by the British and then 'groups' from all over Nigeria were kidnapped to populate it?
Dude, biko don't force words into my mouth. That the Yorubas were existing in Lagos before the British came does not mean they own Lagos. They're indigenous to Lagos which is a different thing. It's like saying the American Indians own America even though while they were there, there was no such thing as America. You have to understand that every country in the word is under a constitution and everybody and thing in that country is a subject to that law.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Flakeey(f): 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2012
@Afam,

what do you want to achieve from this cos I have been following your corresponding posts and it doesn't seem you want to make enquiries but you only want to cause another tribal dispute on NL.

if Lagos is not that SPECIAL, you won't be claiming citizen anyway tongue

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by kennytidistar(m): 2:25pm On Sep 26, 2012
history shows that Tinubu and fashola are not lagosian so therefore, therefore so, deport them first then we shall start from there!
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2012
Flakeey: @Afam,

what do you want to achieve from this cos I have been following your corresponding posts and it doesn't seem you want to make enquiries but you only want to cause another tribal dispute on NL.

if Lagos is not that SPECIAL, you won't be claiming citizen anyway tongue
I'm not claiming Lagos...I'm from Enugu. Read my initial post and you'll understand where i'm coming from. This is not a tribal thing as it also affects Yorubas from other south-west states.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
By Lagos is mean "Lagos state" and not the Lagos that resides in your head.

Bwahahahahaha

You guys need to drop this idea of Lagos being a no man's land... You can't turn people to pseudo-AA with no ancestry to go back to on the African continent - by trying to claim what belongs to them...

Claim your ancestry and let others do that as well, no??

I'm trying to build a holiday home in my hometown, you guys need to stay away from there... Go claim your origin!!!

Where are you from??
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 26, 2012
truth4meal: Go back to ur village refugee- its only a bastard that claims another man's lineage and heredity
Jesus. This is serious.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:27pm On Sep 26, 2012
safarigirl: 90% of those in Lagos are NOT of Lagos ancestry. All you other south westerners who feel that you're Lagosians need to visit the nearest Babalawo. If na to speak Yoruba, i know thousands of Igbos that chew the language. True Lagosians tend to bear English last names, and most of Yorubaland do not acknowledge them as true Yorubas. Now the same set of deprived m0fos want to claim it as Yorubaland, when they contributed nothing but touts, paedophiles and rap!sts to the city. Only the whites, and indigenes of Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, and other tribes, mostly Igbos, Efiks and Ibibios made Lagos. After those states, the rest of Yoruba land can sink for all I care, starting with Ibadan, the disgrace of Yoruba land.

Ole girl,you dey vexooo! Beautiful face though.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Katsumoto: 2:27pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
Dude, biko don't force words into my mouth. That the Yorubas were existing in Lagos before the British came does not mean they own Lagos. They're indigenous to Lagos which is a different thing. It's like saying the American Indians own America even though while they were there, there was no such thing as America. You have to understand that every country in the word is under a constitution and everybody and thing in that country is a subject to that law.

Repeat after me

"I am a thief"

Lagos belongs to the people of indigenous people of Lagos just like Anambra belongs to the indigenous people of Anambra.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 2:28pm On Sep 26, 2012
shymexx:

Bwahahahahaha

You guys need to drop this idea of Lagos being a no man's land... You can't turn people to pseudo-AA with no ancestry to go back to on the African continent - by trying to claim what belongs to them...

Claim your ancestry and let others do that as well, no??

I'm trying to build a holiday home in my hometown, you guys need to stay away from there... Go claim your origin!!!

Where are you from??
I don't know when this topic became about Ancestry. I'm talking about Lagos, the state in Nigeria.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 26, 2012
Can someone tell me what's special about Lagos?

The place is messed up and dirty, yet people still want to claim it smh...

Leave the place alone dammit...

And let the people from there enjoy their ancestral land...
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 2:29pm On Sep 26, 2012
Katsumoto:

Repeat after me

"I am a thief"

Lagos belongs to the people of indigenous people of Lagos just like Anambra belongs to the indigenous people of Anambra.
You result to insults when you have nothing meaningful to add. Why not address some of the points that i raised and stop acting stup1id. I'm not here to engage anyone in tomfoolery.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2012
shymexx: Can someone tell me what's special about Lagos?

The place is messed up and dirty, yet people still want to claim it smh...

Leave the place alone dammit...

And let the people from there enjoy their ancestral land...
The same thing also applies to every state in the federation and not just lagos. Quit being emotional. You're bigger than that.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
I don't know when this topic became about Ancestry. I'm talking about Lagos, the state in Nigeria.

Lagos the state in Nigeria belongs to people from the state and they're the REAL LAGOSIANS... Just as you belong to the state you're from...

I'm done with this!!!
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2012
Katsumoto:

Yes, you live in Lagos. And that's why I said, tell them you were born in Lagos when the shit hits the fan.

Or tell them that I opened a thread on NL and asked the question and was told that I am a Lagosian since I was
a) born in Lagos
or b)migrated to Lagos when I was a child
or c) I own many 46.6% of Lagos

Shiiitface,argue constructively.All of a sudden you became dumb....Agbaya oshi!
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by zannie(f): 2:31pm On Sep 26, 2012
Nigerians are disgusting. So much tribalism and hate. May the fire of hatred not burn us down. Amen.
Migration is everywhere. Every tribe in Nigeria can be found in Lagos as a result of it once being the capital of the country. Big deal! It happens in every country. That's why it was collectively built by Nigerians; flaws and all.
I don't know what a Lagosian is, I don't stay in Lagos, but then I don't know why there's so much hate and blackness in all these people literally chanting 'to ur tents'! Its sickening.
God help us

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 2:31pm On Sep 26, 2012
shymexx:

Lagos the state in Nigeria belongs to people from the state and they're the REAL LAGOSIANS... Just as you belong to the state you're from...

I'm done with this!!!
I'll believe this if it's in the contitution.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
The same thing also applies to every state in the federation and not just lagos. Quit being emotional. You're bigger than that.

But why is everyone so fixated on Lagos??

Lagos isn't the only state in Nigeria...
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 2:33pm On Sep 26, 2012
shymexx:

But why is everyone so fixated on Lagos??

Lagos isn't the only state in Nigeria...
Lagos is the fvcking commercial capital and the most important city in Nigeria and the former capital and i fvcking live there. Why does that surprise you? Darn.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by SeunPlus(f): 2:35pm On Sep 26, 2012
You must not say thrash to justify you gibberish talk. How on earth would an ibo be an indigene of Lagos. You own properties there doesn't justify you as the owner of the land because you got your own village. Same is applicable to my Yoruba brothers who are here ranting about what they don't know. Let me tell you all that Lagos is more of Benin than Yoruba. I'm an Awori man and i'm saying the fact. The name "eko" which we call Lagos is Benin word. Lagos was first inhabited by the Benins and the Aworis, but due to intermarriage and the popularity of the Yoruba language. We mixed up with them. So Lagos is belongs to the Aworis together with the Egbas and Eguns. Ibos and Yorubas should stay out of this matter.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by greall1: 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2012
LAGOS IS LAGOSIAN
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by truth4meal(m): 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
Where did i make that assertion? lagos doesn't belong to anyone. It's owned by the NIgerian state under the law even though it's indigenous to Yorubas. The constitution supersedes anything and everything.
next time omonile come to you, pls quote dat section of the law for a free passage to the hospital - did u knw Oniru in Lagos its the Oba and d fam dat is selling Nigeria lands there u can go sue dem

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
Lagos is the fvcking commercial capital and the most important city in Nigeria and the former capital and i fvcking live there. Why does that surprise you? Darn.

So, that means you have to lay claims to it because of the reasons you listed above, no?? You're not making sense at all...

You live there as a Nigerian but you have NO to entitlement to the state... Nigeria is a tribalised society and your entitlement doesn't go beyond your state of origin...
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 2:38pm On Sep 26, 2012
Seun+:
You must not say thrash to justify you gibberish talk. How on earth would an ibo be an indigene of Lagos. You own properties there doesn't justify you as the owner of the land because you got your own village. Same is applicable to my Yoruba brothers who are here ranting about what they don't know. Let me tell you all that Lagos is more of Benin than Yoruba. I'm an Awori man and i'm saying the fact. The name "eko" which we call Lagos is Benin word. Lagos was first inhabited by the Benins and the Aworis, but due to intermarriage and the popularity of the Yoruba language. We mixed up with them. So Lagos is belongs to the Aworis together with the Egbas and Eguns. Ibos and Yorubas should stay out of this matter.
The bolded shows that you started off on the wrong foot. The thread reads "Who is a Lagosian?" and not "Are Igbos indigenes of Lagos?". Oga, abe park well, cars are coming.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 2:40pm On Sep 26, 2012
truth4meal: next time omonile come to you, pls quote dat section of the law for a free passage to the hospital - did u knw Oniru in Lagos its the Oba and d fam dat is selling Nigeria lands there u can go sue dem
Are the Omoniles in the constitution? if they're not then your comment is invalid. We're talking constitution and you're talking nonsense.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:41pm On Sep 26, 2012
bobosydney: If you say lagos is no man's land , i think you are very stupid to say that . because as i am a proudly lagosian and just because we accommodate other tribes lagos doe'st mean that lagos is no man's land .we don't force anyone to live in lagos and if you don't like it , you free to go back to your village . They need to thank fashola that let Igbo become commissioner in lagos and all ungrateful people still using that dirty mouth to talk trash . Can any igbo state allow yoruba to take any public office in Igbo land ?

You obviously havent travel out of your little cave before; A yoruba man held a public office long before Fashola appointed Nwabueze...ofenmanu mumu.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Flakeey(f): 2:43pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
I'm not claiming Lagos...I'm from Enugu. Read my initial post and you'll understand where i'm coming from. This is not a tribal thing as it also affects Yorubas from other south-west states.

issokay, issorai
ayaff heard
Please leave the issue of who owns Lagos or who is a Lagosian, no more commotion
we are all still Nigerians/Africans.

moi one cent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti / Buhari Leading Other African Presidents On Social Media / Live Photos Of Adetunji, Olubadan's Coronation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.