Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,697 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Who Is A Lagosian? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is A Lagosian? (22394 Views)

WHO IS A Lagosian?let The Truth Be Told. / APC Governorship Ticket In Lagos Akinwunmi Ambode Not A Lagosian,jamb(Photo) / Who Is A Lagosian ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 2:00pm On Sep 26, 2012
Katsumoto:

I am simply telling you that a Lagosian is one who, by choice, WILL remain in Lagos regardless of whether Nigeria disintegrates or not.

You're describing a Lagos indegene. Now we have to make a distinction between an indegene and a Lagosian...do they mean the same thing?
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by ogochukwunasa1: 2:01pm On Sep 26, 2012
Foolish question

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 2:01pm On Sep 26, 2012
Katsumoto:

Are you ok?

You assumed wrongly that Egba and Ijebu are only indigenous to Ogun and I gave you a free history lesson and you then had the effrontery to tell me to think deep.

Egba and Ijebu are indigenous to Lagos and Ogun. Period
You people just like putting words into people's mouth. Where in my post did i claim that Egbas and Ijebus are only indegenous to Lagos? Is Shymmex not Ijebu and is he not a Lagos Indegene?
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Katsumoto: 2:04pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
You're describing a Lagos indegene. Now we have to make a distinction between an indegene and a Lagosian...do they mean the same thing?

This guy is very funny. I have told you in diplomatic ways yet you want me to spell it out.

Femi from Ekiti and Sesan from Osun will be free. I am not sure about Afam from across the Niger. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 26, 2012
maninmood:

Aigbofa, the bigot is from Ogun State

Well, at least I didn't enjoy the hospitality of ibo people and then threaten to burn down their cities.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 2:06pm On Sep 26, 2012
Katsumoto:

This guy is very funny. I have told you in diplomatic ways yet you want me to spell it out.

Femi from Ekiti and Sesan from Osun will be free. I am not sure about Afam from across the Niger. grin grin grin
Now, your true color has come out.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by omiobo: 2:06pm On Sep 26, 2012
Worst state
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by nduchucks: 2:07pm On Sep 26, 2012
This issue will be put to rest and made irrelevant as soon as the ongoing constitutional amendment process is complete. In a few short months, state of residence will replace state of indegene in Nigeria.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by SamMilla1(m): 2:07pm On Sep 26, 2012
Who wants to be a part of crappy, slopy, dirty, noisy, car dustbin dungeon full of Agberos.

A city that could submerge anytime.
Who is boasting of fading structures and lawless border town full of aggressive Lastma and criminal oriented custom officials.

Who is proud of A city collectively built which hosts over 85percent of other tribes.

Who is celebrating mediocrity here?
If you want to boast of a city in Nigeria, i have only two of them in mind.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 2:08pm On Sep 26, 2012
ndu_chucks: This issue will be put to rest and made irrelevant as soon as the ongoing constitutional amendment process is complete. In a few short months, state of residence will replace state of indegene in Nigeria.
I just want these things to be spelt out in an explicit manner. People are just confused and don't know where they belong.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
You people just like putting words into people's mouth. Where in my post did i claim that Egbas and Ijebus are only indegenous to Lagos? Is Shymmex not Ijebu and is he not a Lagos Indegene?

Why can't you just read the history of the state? - the information is everywhere on the internet, bro...

I don't know why you guys keep fighting over Lagos... There's absolutely nothing special about Lagos, let it the be and stop disrespecting other people's ancestry...

I'd be crazy to tell an Anglo-saxon that England is no man's land, or ask him/her who an English person is... A lot of people feign ignorance, but I'd be living in denial to do that... The same goes for Lagos....
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by maninmood(m): 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
Sam Milla: Who wants to be a part of crappy, slopy, dirty, noisy, car dustbin dungeon full of Agberos.

Who is boasting of fading structures and lawless border town full of aggressive Lastma and criminal oriented custom officials.

Who is proud of A city collectively built which hosts over 85percent of other tribes.

This single sentence from you tells a lot about your personality,traits. Thank God earth is not populated with lots of you.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
Sam Milla: Who wants to be a part of crappy, slopy, dirty, noisy, car dustbin dungeon full of Agberos.

Who is boasting about a city that despite it's flaws, holds close to 60% percent of Nigeria's economy. Who could possibly be proud of such a city? LMAO grin

3 Likes

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
shymexx:

Why can't you just read the history of the state? - the information is everywhere on the internet, bro...

I don't know why you guys keep fighting over Lagos... There's absolutely nothing special about Lagos, let it the be and stop disrespecting other people's ancestry...

I'd be crazy to tell an Anglo-saxon that England is no man's land, or ask him/her who an English person is... A lot of people feign ignorance, but I'd be living in denial to do that... The same goes for Lagos....

So, Lagos, a portugese name is now an ancestry? Chei, nothign wey we no go hear for obodo Nigeria. What baffles me most is that you claim to be British yet you're fighting tooth and nail to deprive fellow Nigerians the right to call themselves Lagosians. Is that not greediness?

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Katsumoto: 2:11pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
Now, your true color has come out.

What true color?

You are a GOAT.

I am telling you what will happen and you are talking about my true colours.

Did I tell you I am a Lagosian or that my father owns Lagos state?

Some of you are so daft that you can't separate fact from opinion from prediction.

If someone says that a bomb thrown into a Catholic church in Enugu will affect many Igbos or into a deeper life church in Lagos will affect many Yoruba, do you accuse him of having colors?
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by PointB: 2:11pm On Sep 26, 2012
Aigbofa:

Well, at least I didn't enjoy the hospitality of ibo people and then threaten to burn down their cities.

Neither did they threaten you with progrom, shameless hypocrite. I wonder why most Yorubas are hypocrites!
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Katsumoto: 2:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
So, Lagos, a portugese name is now an ancestry? Chei, nothign wey we no go hear for obodo Nigeria. What baffles me most is that you claim to be British yet you're fighting tooth and nail to deprive fellow Nigerians the right to call themselves Lagosians. Is that not greediness?

So the place did not have a name before the Portuguese called it Lagos?

In any case, the people of Lagos refer to it as Eko.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 2:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
Katsumoto:

What true color?

You are a GOAT.

I am telling you what will happen and you are talking about my true colours.

Did I tell you I am a Lagosian or that my father owns Lagos state?

Some of you are so daft that you can't separate fact from opinion from prediction.

If someone says that a bomb thrown into a Catholic church in Enugu will affect many Igbos or into a deeper life church in Lagos will affect many Yoruba, do you accuse him of having colors?
Stop this your prophecy of doom...We're talking of the present and you're prophesying.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 2:14pm On Sep 26, 2012
Katsumoto:

So the place did not have a name before the Portuguese called it Lagos?

In any case, the people of Lagos refer to it as Eko.
Yes, the people of Lagos refer to it as Eko but the official name is Lagos. Btw, Eko is a Benin word. Now come up with something new.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Katsumoto: 2:15pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
Stop this your prophecy of doom...We're talking of the present and you're prophesying.

Well in the present, Nigeria is falling apart. Or do you disagree with that too?
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:

Is Nigerian an African name??

I don't care, my ancestry is my ancestry, that's HOME and I'm proud of it... Being British is just a paper thing, and intelligent black people know that...

I fill-in black African on application forms just like every other black person in the UK whose ancestry is in Africa...

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 2:17pm On Sep 26, 2012
shymexx:

Is Nigerian an African name??

I don't care, my ancestry is my ancestry, that's HOME and I'm proud of it... Being British is just a paper thing, and intelligent black people know that...

I fill-in black African on application forms just like every other black person in the UK whose ancestry is in Africa...
Lagos is the name of a state that was created after Nigeria came into being and it's a culmination of people from different groups. It's not an ancestry. Ijebu is. Yoruba is. But not Lagos. No non-Lagosian is claiming to be Egba or Ijebu. They're saying that they're Lagosians. There's a whole lot of difference.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by truth4meal(m): 2:17pm On Sep 26, 2012
safarigirl: 90% of those in Lagos are NOT of Lagos ancestry. All you other south westerners who feel that you're Lagosians need to visit the nearest Babalawo. If na to speak Yoruba, i know thousands of Igbos that chew the language. True Lagosians tend to bear English last names, and most of Yorubaland do not acknowledge them as true Yorubas. Now the same set of deprived m0fos want to claim it as Yorubaland, when they contributed nothing but touts, paedophiles and rap!sts to the city. Only the whites, and indigenes of Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, and other tribes, mostly Igbos, Efiks and Ibibios made Lagos. After those states, the rest of Yoruba land can sink for all I care, starting with Ibadan, the disgrace of Yoruba land.
the exact mindset of a lagos refugee; u re next on d deportation list - we can stand the touts not imbeciles and hogwash like u

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Katsumoto: 2:17pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
Yes, the people of Lagos refer to it as Eko but the official name is Lagos. Btw, Eko is a Benin word. Now come up with something new.

So Lagos must belong to Portugal or Bini then.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by 2million1(m): 2:18pm On Sep 26, 2012
By the time the igbos will leave lagos, we'll see what will become of it. NONSENSE!!!
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by truth4meal(m): 2:19pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
Lagos is the name of a state that was created after Nigeria came into being and it's a culmination of people from different groups. It's not an ancestry. Ijebu is. Yoruba is. But not Lagos.
you are a dropout in the school of history
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by daywatcher: 2:19pm On Sep 26, 2012
If you surname is a typical Lagos one, for example Dosu(n)mu, does it automatically make you an indigene of Lagos?
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by EzePromoe: 2:19pm On Sep 26, 2012
How will this topic stop my father from owning his 3 multi plazas in Alaba, Ikorodu and Apapa? How will this stop my uncle from owning his duplex in different locations? How will this stop me from collecting house rent from my You-robber tenants? How will these stop Ayo my father's driver from driving me wherever i want to go in Eko? Bleep y'all. TO THE NEXT ONE!

5 Likes

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Katsumoto: 2:20pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
Lagos is the name of a state that was created after Nigeria came into being and it's a culmination of people from different groups. It's not an ancestry. Ijebu is. Yoruba is. But not Lagos. No non-Lagosian is claiming to be Egba or Ijebu. They're saying that they're Lagosians. There's a whole lot of difference.

So no one was living in Ikorodu, Epe, Island, Shomolu, Badagry, etc before the British set foot in Lagos?

It was created by the British and then 'groups' from all over Nigeria were kidnapped to populate it?

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 26, 2012
PointB:

Neither did they threaten you with progrom, shameless hypocrite. I wonder why most Yorubas are hypocrites!

There you go again. All Yorubas are bla..bla...bla.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
Lagos is the name of a state that was created after Nigeria came into being and it's a culmination of people from different groups. It's not an ancestry. Ijebu is. Yoruba is. But not Lagos.

Lagos was CREATED before there was a country called; Nigeria...

And since my subgroup falls within what's called Lagos today, Lagos is my ancestral state...

Do you even understand basic English?
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 2:20pm On Sep 26, 2012
Katsumoto:

So Lagos must belong to Portugal or Bini then.
Where did i make that assertion? lagos doesn't belong to anyone. It's owned by the NIgerian state under the law even though it's indigenous to Yorubas. The constitution supersedes anything and everything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

NBA Names Building In Honour Of Akeredolu, Chief Solanke (Photos) / New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline / Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.