Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Who Is A Lagosian? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is A Lagosian? (22384 Views)

WHO IS A Lagosian?let The Truth Be Told. / APC Governorship Ticket In Lagos Akinwunmi Ambode Not A Lagosian,jamb(Photo) / Who Is A Lagosian ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by WAZOBIA3: 2:44pm On Sep 26, 2012
[size=32pt]THIS THREAD IS FOR SALE[/size] grin
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by buffny: 2:45pm On Sep 26, 2012
an indigene of lagos is someone whose ancestral village is in lagos. finish.

if ur village is in enugu , then u are not an indigene of lagos.

if ur village is in ogun then u are not indigene of lagos

if ur village is in ondo then u are not an indigene of lagos.

if ur village is in kano , then u are not an indigene of lagos.

if ur village is in rivers state , then u are not an indigene of lagos.

that being said any nigerian has the right to live and work wherever they wish.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 2:47pm On Sep 26, 2012
buffny: an indigene of lagos is someone whose ancestral village is in lagos. finish.

if ur village is in enugu , then u are not an indigene of lagos.

if ur village is in ogun then u are not indigene of lagos

if ur village is in ondo then u are not an indigene of lagos.

if ur village is in kano , then u are not an indigene of lagos.

if ur village is in rivers state , then u are not an indigene of lagos.

that being said any nigerian has the right to live and work wherever they wish.

The thread never made mention about indigene. Read before commenting.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 26, 2012
Afam, desist from creating tribal baiting threads...

You know how these threads always end up, yet you continue to flame it...

Nigeria is a tribalised society, just like every other country in the world except America, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand... Even those countries have special entitlements for the indigenous people over there...

Use google next time, and stop this madness...
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by truth4meal(m): 2:49pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
Are the Omoniles in the constitution? if they're not then your comment is invalid. We're talking constitution and you're talking nonsense.
if you are versed in the constitution den u should knw better that no single igbo heads a community in Lagos and since it inception none made it democratically to d post of the governor-Akiyemoyin the son of olokukutere owns Island, Ojora owns Orile and co, awori owns the larger chunk, olumegbon owns Ajah, Oniru family owns Oniru, Ikate Elegushi owns Elegushi and Ikate in Surulere,Kuruba owns badagry or d eguns,oloto owns oto awori - pls add to d list anyone constitutionally owned by the igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by SeunPlus(f): 2:49pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
The bolded shows that you started off on the wrong foot. The thread reads "Who is a Lagosian?" and not "Are Igbos indigenes of Lagos?". Oga, abe park well, cars are coming.
I posted it for the sake of those who said if you live in Lagos then you're a Lagosian. That place you call township was once a farmland and an ancestral home for some people.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
Are the Omoniles in the constitution? if they're not then your comment is invalid. We're talking constitution and you're talking nonsense.

Omo onile is not in the constitution, but did that stop Boko Haram from giving southerners ultimatum to vacate the north? Why don't you go to Zamfara and wave the constitution at them. It is what it is bro.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 2:51pm On Sep 26, 2012
truth4meal: if you are versed in the constitution den u should knw better that no single igbo heads a community in Lagos and since it inception none made it democratically to d post of the governor-Akiyemoyin the son of olokukutere owns Island, Ojora owns Orile and co, awori owns the larger chunk, olumegbon owns Ajah, Oniru family owns Oniru, Ikate Elegushi owns Elegushi and Ikate in Surulere,Kuruba owns badagry or d eguns,oloto owns oto awori - pls add to d list anyone constitutionally owned by the igbos.
The lands that were bought by Igbos, edos, ibibios, hausa-fulanis and Yorubas are owned by them.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 2:52pm On Sep 26, 2012
Aigbofa:

Omo onile is not in the constitution, but did that stop Boko Haram from giving southerners ultimatum to vacate the north? Why don't you go to Zamfara and wave the constitution at them. It is what it is bro.
According to the constitution, Omoniles are illegals and is Nigeria was an advanced society, they would have been put in their place. It's only in primitive Nigeria that people like that have the temerity to show their face in the public and the owners of something you bought with your money.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
According to the constitution, Omoniles are illegals and is Nigeria was an advanced society, they would have been put in their place. It's only in primitive Nigeria that people like that have the temerity to show their face in the public and the owners of something you bought with your money.

When I think your real intention is to become omo onile yourself, I find it hard to support you on this.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
The lands that were bought by Igbos, edos, ibibios, hausa-fulanis and Yorubas are owned by them.

According to the Land Use Act in Nigeria, the government owns all the lands in the state...

And as along as an indigene of the state continues to rule the state, the lands belong to them....

You're entitled to Customary Certificate of Occupancy to any plot of land.... But that can be revoked as well..
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by truth4meal(m): 2:57pm On Sep 26, 2012
Slizbeat: A Lagosian is one who is so stupid to leave work, log on to Nairaland, open up this particular thread, comment and claim the ownership/indigine of lagos with out regards to others who made lagos a home for them to be proud of. Gullible and insensitive Frogs.
made Lagos a home like u iniated d first trade - Lagos was already flourishing b4 u scumbags see it as a biz destination go and check your history - brazillians and portugese should be d one laying claim to dis ur assertions not you pple dat brought you dirtiness and uncultured attitudes to the state...it was trade with foreigners that developed Lagos not ur petty trade in china goods and spare parts.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 2:57pm On Sep 26, 2012
Aigbofa:

When I think your real intention is to become omo onile yourself, I find it hard to support you on this.
An Omo onile is the particular owner of a plot of land and not some random touts.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by EzePromoe: 2:57pm On Sep 26, 2012
As the Yoruba love to
say "The
Inyanminrins have
no "Head" on their
"Hand". Inyanminrin
koni ori lowo.
The Hausa tribe live
in Lagos, Ijaws live in
Lagos, Tapa live in
Lagos, Shawshaw,
Gwari, Beriberi,
Gongonbiri,
Harahara and Fulani,
all live in
Lagos......none has
ever proclaim it
owns Lagos.
Even the Edo, a
Yoruba cousin, never
agitate as owner of
Lagos, never request
for a special elective
post or Governorship
of Lagos as a
compensatory
award for owning
Lagos.
Only a tribe with no
"Head", called
Inyanminrins, will
always periodically
make loud obscene-
like noises. Noises
that could only
accelerate the
process of future
elimination from real
unification of minds
and tribal influences
in Lagos. Because the
more they "Alan-
pose", the more
bent-up and
stubborn the real
aborigines react
unfavorably to true
"unification".
Any tribe with no
"Head" can only
dither and waver,
politically.
Any tribe with no
"Head", will
eventually produce
many "Heads" with
too many unbriddled
tongues which in the
end brings nothing
but Perdition as end
results.
Until Inyanminrins
can produce a
"Head", both literally
and figuratively,
nothing they say is
worth "hearing".

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Katsumoto: 2:59pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
You result to insults when you have nothing meaningful to add. Why not address some of the points that i raised and stop acting stup1id. I'm not here to engage anyone in tomfoolery.

I am educating you because you are ignorant and I am insulting you because you are an ignorant 'would be thief'.

Many of your brothers are leaving the North because of Boko Haram, why did you not lead an uprising claiming that the Constitution forbids them from being 'chased' out of the North?

This is the worst time to be using the Nigerian Constitution as the basis of a position in a debate because the constitution has not offered protection to innocent Nigerians who were unconstitutionally forced from their homes.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by bashr8: 3:00pm On Sep 26, 2012
Seun+:
You must not say thrash to justify you gibberish talk. How on earth would an ibo be an indigene of Lagos. You own properties there doesn't justify you as the owner of the land because you got your own village. Same is applicable to my Yoruba brothers who are here ranting about what they don't know. Let me tell you all that Lagos is more of Benin than Yoruba. I'm an Awori man and i'm saying the fact. The name "eko" which we call Lagos is Benin word. Lagos was first inhabited by the Benins and the Aworis, but due to intermarriage and the popularity of the Yoruba language. We mixed up with them. So Lagos is belongs to the Aworis together with the Egbas and Eguns. Ibos and Yorubas should stay out of this matter.

simple and short.

however citizenship is not only determined by ancestry , am from anambra but was born and bred in enugu so am also an enugu citizen , anbody born and bred in lagos or have lived in lagos over a certain number of year is a lagosian but not an indegene of lagos.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Koolking(m): 3:00pm On Sep 26, 2012
maninmood: Once you erect a house in Lagos with all the property papers intact, you are a Lagosian; if you own a business in Lagos and government is generating income from the tax levied on your business, you are a lagosian. Most people claiming 'Lagosian' do not even have a rooted place there. And by the way what benefits come with being a 'Lagosian'? Does it give you free access(visa-free) to some countries? Does your 'Lagos State' government give you your monthly benefit of being a Lagosian? Are you one of those omo-oniles? undecided

You took those questions outta my mouth. People from Benin who were the 'original settlers' in Lagos are the people who should supposedly lay claim of Lagos. Those we believe (Aworis and whatever) are the real Lagosians, were sojourner who later warred and displaced other settlers. The present pseudo growth and development are largely effort of the alleged refugees, not in anyway connected in Lagos ancestry. Succinct, the name Lagos was even coined by foreigners (the Portuguese) and where were the Aworis? Lagos till tomorrow remains 'No Man's Land'. No foreigners no Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 3:01pm On Sep 26, 2012
shymexx:

According to the Land Use Act in Nigeria, the government owns all the lands in the state...

And as along as an indigene of the state continues to rule the state, the lands belong to them....

You're entitled to Customary Certificate of Occupancy to any plot of land.... But that can be revoked as well..
You're not even making sense. First you claim that the government owns the land and then you say that since the indigenes are ruling, they own the land. Are you saying Fashola owns all the land or all the indigenes? Dude, just read your post again and tell me it makes sense.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
An Omo onile is the particular owner of a plot of land and not some random touts.

Perhaps you don't understand Yoruba very well, omo onile has nothing to do with owning a plot of land. You are still an Ajeji even with your plot of land.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 26, 2012
Seun+:
You must not say thrash to justify you gibberish talk. How on earth would an ibo be an indigene of Lagos. You own properties there doesn't justify you as the owner of the land because you got your own village. Same is applicable to my Yoruba brothers who are here ranting about what they don't know. Let me tell you all that Lagos is more of Benin than Yoruba. I'm an Awori man and i'm saying the fact. The name "eko" which we call Lagos is Benin word. Lagos was first inhabited by the Benins and the Aworis, but due to intermarriage and the popularity of the Yoruba language. We mixed up with them. So Lagos is belongs to the Aworis together with the Egbas and Eguns. Ibos and Yorubas should stay out of this matter.

You are not awo-ri as you claim since you know nada about your history.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by kaytytty: 3:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
lagosians re those who waited when june 12 riot happened n when they rumoured d world was bout to end.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by bashr8: 3:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
[quote author=afam4eva]
The thread never made mention about indigene. Read before commenting.[/quotegive it up , this thread is not neccessary.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Katsumoto: 3:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
Aigbofa:

Perhaps you don't understand Yoruba very well, omo onile has nothing to do with owning a plot of land.

He doesn't understand anything about his hosts, yet he wants to be a Lagosian.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Arcard(m): 3:04pm On Sep 26, 2012
by d tym i land lag. Omolag i go b. Still dy in abj
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Afam4eva(m): 3:04pm On Sep 26, 2012
Aigbofa:

Perhaps you don't understand Yoruba very well, omo onile has nothing to do with owning a plot of land.
Literally, that what it means/

Omo - Child or Person

Onile - Owner of land

So Omo Onile = The person or child that owns the land

I'm just telling you what it should mean and not what it means in backward Nigeria.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by truth4meal(m): 3:05pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
do you know ur C of O is a cerificate of rentage not outright perpertual ownership of the land? When d rentage expires you either pay or the land goes back to dem owners. Another case is the case of Oloto vs Ijeshatedo pple, wen oloto won d case occupant of Ijesha were directed to pay certain amount to d Olotos in Itire if your father owns a house he will surely pay or by now he will be eating kolanut in ur village - sebi u guys claim u are d lost tribe of Isreal as if dat miraged history was not enuf u re belligently claiming Lagos - are u guys Roman in ur former life?
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 26, 2012
kaytytty: lagosians re those who waited when june 12 riot happened n when they rumoured d world was bout to end.

GBAM!!! Lagosians are people who didn't take the next Ekenedilichukwu after June 12.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Katsumoto: 3:07pm On Sep 26, 2012
Koolking:

You took those questions outta my mouth. People from Benin who were the 'original settlers' in Lagos are the people who should supposedly lay claim of Lagos. Those we believe (Aworis and whatever) are the real Lagosians, were sojourner who later warred and displaced other settlers. The present pseudo growth and development are largely effort of the alleged refugees, not in anyway connected in Lagos ancestry. Succinct, the name Lagos was even coined by foreigners (the Portuguese) and where were the Aworis? Lagos till tomorrow remains 'No Man's Land'. No foreigners no Lagos.

Try and get an education about the history of Lagos before you make ridiculous claims about People from Benin being the original settlers.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by bashr8: 3:07pm On Sep 26, 2012
truth4meal: do you know ur C of O is a cerificate of rentage not outright perpertual ownership of the land? When d rentage expires you either pay or the land goes back to dem owners. Another case is the case of Oloto vs Ijeshatedo pple, wen oloto won d case occupant of Ijesha were directed to pay certain amount to d Olotos in Itire if your father owns a house he will surely pay or by now he will be eating kolanut in ur village - sebi u guys claim u are d lost tribe of Isreal as if dat miraged history was not enuf u re belligently claiming Lagos - are u guys Roman in ur former life?
shut up or answer his question and stop ranting like a mad dog. dont ever bring igbo into this matter again unless u can explain why yorubas are being deported from lagos.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva:
You're not even making sense. First you claim that the government owns the land and then you say that since the indigenes are ruling, they own the land. Are you saying Fashola owns all the land or all the indigenes? Dude, just read your post again and tell me it makes sense.

Let me break it down:

- The government owns all the lands in the state...
- All the land buyers are 'occupiers' and they're given a certificate of occupancy by the government, which can be revoked...
- The government of the state is controlled by the indigenes and the same government can promulgate a decree tomorrow to revoke the C-of-O of lands owned by non-indigenes, or do a selective demolition of houses owned by the non-indigenes within the state...

So, owning land/lands in Lagos don't count...

I just downloaded the Land Use Act of Lagos State, I'll upload it in a bit...
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by EzePromoe: 3:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
saxywale:

You are not awo-ri as you claim since you know nada about your history.
Free the guy jor, we all know that the truth is bitter. You-robbers don't own Lagos.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian? by Chinom(m): 3:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
truth4meal: if you are versed in the constitution den u should knw better that no single igbo heads a community in Lagos and since it inception none made it democratically to d post of the governor-Akiyemoyin the son of olokukutere owns Island, Ojora owns Orile and co, awori owns the larger chunk, olumegbon owns Ajah, Oniru family owns Oniru, Ikate Elegushi owns Elegushi and Ikate in Surulere,Kuruba owns badagry or d eguns,oloto owns oto awori - pls add to d list anyone constitutionally owned by the igbos.

Mr. wake up from your dreams. What you said here is complete rubbish. These people you mentioned above should have stopped selling their lands 60 years ago. Right now, they don't own jack. Just like the Native Indians in the USA, the so-called indigeneous Lagosians have lost it all. Thier situation is even worse than that of the Indians because the Indians were forcefully removed from their lands. They were forced to give it up.
The original Lagosians SOLD theirs. Apart from Igbos, Hausas and SS peoples, a sizeable chunk of Lagos Island are now in the hands of Isrealies and Chinese people.Even the new Lekki Free trade zone is being given to the chinese on a platter. Besides, the the indigeneous Lagosians had no hand whatsoever in what Lagos is today. It started with the British and was perfected by past Military regimes when Lagos was the national capital.
Back to the topic, Lagos is NOT a no man's land. Everybody who is born, raised, resides or own property in Lagos is a Lagosian. Some of us have the luxury of claiming both Lagos and our home states too. Every Igbo man that has a landed property in Lagos, has one in his home town too. The Geographical location called Lagos belongs to us all now. The civil administration of Lagos would remain in the hands of the Lagos Yorubas,but that means nothing. Do you ever imagine that Fashola can wake up one day and drive the Dangotes, Ibrus, Ibetos or the Ubas(Capital oil) out of Lagos ?.That will never happen. Lagos is the one of the main reasons Nigeria will never break up. WE ALL BUILT IT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Atiku Emerges New Waziri Adamawa, As Son Takes Over Title Of Turaki / Soyinka: Talking About Buhari Not Good For My Sanity / Letter To First Lady By Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.