Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:06 AM

Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? (14143 Views)

Lady Humiliates A Guy Who Had Sex With Her & Ran Away On Facebook(pic) / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / Can We Guys Physically Tell If A Girl Just Had Sex Recently With Another Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 09, 2012
D-Explorer:

Oh no! Lets resolve that that's your opinion because many female folks won't agree to that else we make a new thread smiley It's a general believe that you gender can change a man and for me, a wife-beater got hope. What if the woman becomes the fool and remain extra submissive? Who if she adopts prayer with meekness? Those points sound absurd......right? Maybe i should quickly ask......is there no wife for every man?......and don't you believe in transformation testimonies instead of jumping from one to another with different excuses? I don't support woman-beating but i think you folks somehow got some magics.

good idea! wink
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Idowuogbo(f): 6:13pm On Nov 09, 2012
abiL*:

Thanks for the free advert. I'll remember you in my prayers undecided
Hahahaha!! Na wa o! Attitude up and down dis thread, na time of d month? undecided undecided
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 09, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Werey!!! grin
I am loving this name, Werey. My sweet Akwuna just gave me a romantic name in her dialect. grin
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 09, 2012
Crown Prince:
I am loving this name, Werey. My sweet Akwuna just gave me a romantic name in her dialect. grin
Idowu, is it you he's calling akwuna? chei!!
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Idowuogbo(f): 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2012
Crown Prince:
angry angry
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Idowuogbo(f): 6:16pm On Nov 09, 2012
ItsModella:
Idowu, is it you he's calling akwuna? chei!!
Liv prince for now, I gats d remedy to cure hin seasonal madness.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by abiL2: 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Hahahaha!! Na wa o! Attitude up and down dis thread, na time of d month? undecided undecided

shocked shocked shocked

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by freecocoa(f): 6:19pm On Nov 09, 2012
Crown Prince:
chei Bado this guy enter you wella.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Idowuogbo(f): 6:21pm On Nov 09, 2012
abiL*:

shocked shocked shocked

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Wot? Ur vibes get as it b na! I ask a simple question, u replied and ended ur quote wiv "msteew" like seriously? In other words make I dey my lane abi? No qualms!
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by DExplorer1: 6:22pm On Nov 09, 2012
abiL*:

A great misconception. Some women fall in love with bad guys because the think they can change the guy. Once they realise that they can't, they start to complain about how they've wasted their time on that stagnant relationship.

A woman can defo influence a man to change, but she can't change a man. She can be the reason why the man suddenly wakes up and decides that he wants to change, but she can't force or push him to change.

He might pretend that he has changed just to please her and pull her along in the lane of deception, but unless the man truly wants to change, a woman can do nothing but pray and hope.
You see, most men aren't "bad guys" before marriage and am so sure no woman with potential admirers as option will accept a ring from such a man. Dear, most men changes in marriage and at bolded, you seem to get my drift. Now, when a man turns wife-beater, does it mean he can't be "influenced" to change and be a better husband. I'm pointing out all these because most comments here are somewhat frivolous.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Idowuogbo(f): 6:22pm On Nov 09, 2012
freecocoa: chei Bado this guy enter you wella.
loolzz.. Una wan make I scatter thread abi? Not now mi dear! Not now...
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by DExplorer1: 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2012
carefreewannabe:

good idea! wink
Please head on! I'm on the thread wink
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
D-Explorer:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin pyguru got sensor that placed me under immunity. Who else? Oh SK.....i think i got a clean record so far. You need to deal with yours grin grin grin grin grin grin

Pyguru microchip is embedded on sexkillz forehead. I and Seun has the password that makes the '' human ware'' functions complimentary.

So I can sanction you non existence on nairaland.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
D-Explorer:

Please head on! I'm on the thread wink

Ready smiley
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by DExplorer1: 6:27pm On Nov 09, 2012
Crown Prince:

Pyguru microchip is embedded on sexkillz forehead. I and Seun has the password that makes the '' human ware'' functions complimentary.

So I can sanction you non existence on nairaland.
Guy, i must confess, at this juncture........am confused kwa
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by DExplorer1: 6:28pm On Nov 09, 2012
carefreewannabe:

Ready smiley
I'm so on point and hope it hits FP for mega opinions.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 09, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Liv prince for now, I gats d remedy to cure hin seasonal madness.

No mind them amebos. dey wan scatter us.
Holy ghost fire on dem.
We will settle in the bathroom.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by abiL2: 6:30pm On Nov 09, 2012
D-Explorer:

You see, most men aren't "bad guys" before marriage and am so sure no woman with potential admirers as option will accept a ring from such a man. Dear, most men changes in marriage and at bolded, you seem to get my drift. Now, when a man turns wife-beater, does it mean he can't be "influenced" to change and be a better husband. I'm pointing out all these because most comments here are somewhat frivolous.

In reply to the wife-beater comment, a wife-beat can be changed... Only if he truly wants the change. Some aggressive men might tell you that they want to change but deep down, being aggressive is what they known. They've grown up in violence, therefore, the man's partner won't be able to change the guy on her own.

The man will need help to change his faulty thoughts. He needs to unlearn, and relearn new associations. He needs to know that violence isn't the answer.

But such need to have the willingness to make a change.

A man just don't randomly "turns" to be a wife beater. Something must have triggered it. Whatever that something is, it's not the woman's fault. He needs to sort his own issues out without being physically aggressive to her.

And yes, marriage changes most people (men AND women). A woman who is selfish, can learn to be selfless once she's married. But physically laying hands or being aggressive to your partner needs more than a change. A person that does such is messed up mentally.

An aggressive man shouldn't enter into a marriage in hopes that it would change him. He needs to deal with his anger before involving another being.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by DExplorer1: 6:45pm On Nov 09, 2012
abiL*:

In reply to the wife-beater comment, a wife-beat can be changed... Only if he truly wants the change. Some aggressive men might tell you that they want to change but deep down, being aggressive is what they known. They've grown up in violence, therefore, the man's partner won't be able to change the guy on her own.

The man will need help to change his faulty thoughts. He needs to unlearn, and relearn new associations. He needs to know that violence isn't the answer.

But such need to have the willingness to make a change.

A man just don't randomly "turns" to be a wife beater. Something must have triggered it. Whatever that something is, it's not the woman's fault. He needs to sort his own issues out without being physically aggressive to her.

And yes, marriage changes most people (men AND women). A woman who is selfish, can learn to be selfless once she's married. But physically laying hands or being aggressive to your partner needs more than a change. A person that does such is messed up mentally.

An aggressive man shouldn't enter into a marriage in hopes that it would change him. He needs to deal with his anger before involving another being.
In as much as you've got some valid points, it also could be your very submission that no woman can change a man even as i disagree. Away from that, the bolded could mean that a woman/wife can also change to be aggressive to the extent of once-an-innocent-man beating the hell off her brains. Agreed?
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 09, 2012
@abiL: if u need help on the subject, I dey ever ready.

LMAO @ trying to change a man. If u're looking for something to fix/train, get a dog. It's much more satisfying!
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by abiL2: 6:54pm On Nov 09, 2012
D-Explorer:

In as much as you've got some valid points, it also could be your very submission that no woman can change a man even as i disagree. Away from that, the bolded could mean that a woman/wife can also change to be aggressive to the extent of once-an-innocent-man beating the hell off her brains. Agreed?

Marriage changes most people if they have the willingness to change.

Positive changes needs to come from self.

Negative changes comes from within as well.

Both needs to be triggered by something.

An "innocent man" will not randomly decides to lay his hand on his wife. He will most probably have the need to be aggressive in him, but has been repressing it until the point where it can't be hidden no more.

Haven't you heard of men who are all lovey-dovey until after marriage when their true colours starts to show?

Also, a woman "changing to become aggressive" is not an excuse for a son-of-a-bîtch to smack her up.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Idowuogbo(f): 6:54pm On Nov 09, 2012
Smh!!
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by abiL2: 6:55pm On Nov 09, 2012
Shollypopz: @abiL: if u need help on the subject, I dey ever ready.

LMAO @ trying to change a man. If u're looking for something to fix/train, get a dog. It's much more satisfying!

My sister jump in o and add your opinion to it.

You've been tagged! tongue
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 09, 2012
A woman cannot change a man to match her preference. Even if he changes, it will only be temporarily. He will always return back to his old self sooner or later. It's better to change yourself and accept that your partner wouldn't change instead of wasting energy on trying to change him.

If you are constantly trying to change your man then the whole foundation of your relationship is already flawed. A relationship only works when two partners accept each other for what they are. The moment you try to change your man you can start counting the days before your relationship ends.

"I know if I try hard enough he will eventually change." A man won't change because you want him to. He will only change when he is ready!
First of all, you don't control his mind, you don't run his life and you can't make him do things unless he personally wants to do them.
He is another human being and his life decisions will be completely out of your control just like your life decisions are completely out of his control.
Sure both of you can influence each other but that doesn't mean that one or both of you will do everything exactly as the other partner pleases.

"Can a woman change her man??" The answer is NO! And even if she does attempts to, it's going to be one big hill climb and in the end the reward might not be what she expected, SHIKENA! (Now that I've discovered this word Shikena, I always want to use it)

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by DExplorer1: 7:14pm On Nov 09, 2012
abiL*:

Marriage changes most people if they have the willingness to change.

Positive changes needs to come from self.

Negative changes comes from within as well.

Both needs to be triggered by something.

An "innocent man" will not randomly decides to lay his hand on his wife. He will most probably have the need to be aggressive in him, but has been repressing it until the point where it can't be hidden no more.

Haven't you heard of men who are all lovey-dovey until after marriage when their true colours starts to show?

Also, a woman "changing to become aggressive" is not an excuse for a son-of-a-bîtch to smack her up.

Oh yeah, this' the point the woman-factor comes in. I won't be caught adopting sentiment on sensitive matters. These changes you're talking about occurs in marriage and thank goodness, you admitted. We've got cases of nagging wives, rude and aggressive wives that were once "angels" before marriage needless to mention that it started as a process; a gradual one indeed. You can't call a man that got his clean-sheet on violence matters a son-of-a-bîtch because he couldn't rescue himself from the grip of aggression and whatnot displayed by his wife (don't think divorce). We've so many innocent men that got entangle in the web of wife-beating as a result of the regularly wrong/negative deeds of the wife. Maybe i release a bomb-shell......some women loves their chains; some women loves to be beaten. grin
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by abiL2: 7:27pm On Nov 09, 2012
D-Explorer:

Oh yeah, this' the point the woman-factor comes in. I won't be caught adopting sentiment on sensitive matters. These changes you're talking about occurs in marriage and thank goodness, you admitted. We've got cases of nagging wives, rude and aggressive wives that were once "angels" before marriage needless to mention that it started as a process; a gradual one indeed. You can't call a man that got his clean-sheet on violence matters a son-of-a-bîtch because he couldn't rescue himself from the grip of aggression and whatnot displayed by his wife (don't think divorce). We've so many innocent men that got entangle in the web of wife-beating as a result of the regularly wrong/negative deeds of the wife. Maybe i release a bomb-shell......some women loves their chains; some women loves to be beating. grin

Most women love to argue (me inclusive), but no woman wants to be beaten. Tell me a name of a woman that likes (not even loves, likes) to be beaten!!

The changes I've mentioned can occur outside and in a marriage. Marriage isn't the fuel for change. An attitude, a willingness and a mind set to change is what is needed for a change... AND the opportunity to be able to make that change.

"Nagging women who were previously Angels". My comment on this.... Get to know the person inside and out before rushing into a marriage. Just because the pûssy or dïck is good, don't mean that finger deserves a ring.

A man that beats a woman is (I repeat), a SON-OF-A-BÏTCH who hasn't been taught better. There are several ways to resolve a dispute without violence coming into it. Several!!!!!!

The same way we've got what you call "innocent men", there are also truly innocent woman that only needs to disagree with her man's point of view before getting showered with slapping and kicking in abundance.

Let's call a spade a spade, why will a clean man resort to violence just because his wife did something wrong? That "clean man" has obviously had a history of violence that he's been hiding in the cupboard to Narnia.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 09, 2012
cheesy cheesy
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by abiL2: 7:36pm On Nov 09, 2012
hornipipe: cheesy cheesy

Ki lo funny
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Onilaiscool(f): 7:40pm On Nov 09, 2012
If he has money, I Will tolerate the slaps n punches cool$$$$$$$$
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 09, 2012
abiL*:

Ki lo funny
I don't understand/speak yoruba
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by DExplorer1: 7:56pm On Nov 09, 2012
abiL*:

Most women love to argue (me inclusive), but no woman wants to be beaten. Tell me a name of a woman that likes (not even loves, likes) to be beaten!!

The changes I've mentioned can occur outside and in a marriage. Marriage isn't the fuel for change. An attitude, a willingness and a mind set to change is what is needed for a change... AND the opportunity to be able to make that change.

"Nagging women who were previously Angels". My comment on this.... Get to know the person inside and out before rushing into a marriage. Just because the pûssy or dïck is good, don't mean that finger deserves a ring.

A man that beats a woman is (I repeat), a SON-OF-A-BÏTCH who hasn't been taught better. There are several ways to resolve a dispute without violence coming into it. Several!!!!!!

The same way we've got what you call "innocent men", there are also truly innocent woman that only needs to disagree with her man's point of view before getting showered with slapping and kicking in abundance.

Let's call a spade a spade, why will a clean man resort to violence just because his wife did something wrong? That "clean man" has obviously had a history of violence that he's been hiding in the cupboard to Narnia.
Oh nah! You got that wrong. You don't need to have a history of violence to lose it at the face of an arrogant/aggressive wife/partner. It's natural to display such content and that's why we've got the word "apology". As such i wouldn't defend it when it becomes regular as certain critical but peaceful measure can be potent. The beauty of this exchange is the idea for a new thread it births. I can't help but laugh at your submission: " My comment on this.... Get to know the person inside and out before rushing into a marriage." Maybe we should create a thread on how well do you know your wife/husband? It's funny and indeed very funny that we sure can't get to know our spouse(s) in all. The learning process continues even until death and your resolve at point is practically invalid. Permit me to centre on your folks (though it could be vice-versa. No man can know the "all" of a woman. The "sex scandel" about the Asaba man, Gilda and co., if true, reveals the identify of you people. A woman have a 17years old son and kept it secretive to his husband of 8years.......could there be a dico-word for that? It's simple! We (men) can't "know" you (women) all and if a woman turns she-devil and once-an-innocent-man lost it, please lay the blame right.

About women loving the hits, that was a bomb-shell attached with a grin. You could decode anyways cheesy
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by abiL2: 7:56pm On Nov 09, 2012
hornipipe: I don't understand/speak yoruba

Hahhaha grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Man Dies Of Heart Attack After Discovering The True Paternity Of His Kids / If You Can Answer This Question, Then You'll Agree All Girls Are Just For Sex / Who Said Men Aren't Bootylicious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.