Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? (14091 Views)

Lady Humiliates A Guy Who Had Sex With Her & Ran Away On Facebook(pic) / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / Can We Guys Physically Tell If A Girl Just Had Sex Recently With Another Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by vivianc(f): 11:45pm On Nov 08, 2012
carefreewannabe:

1. What are these things that "FORCE" a man to beat his wife? If a wife insults her husband at the slightest provocation, then he probably married the wrong woman. They better divorce! This is not marriage, this is war.

2. "I watched a soap opera ..." grin You better read a good book. Just suggesting. I don't care about soap operas and I don't accept such examples. Let's stick to real life situations.

3. If a man marries a lady who can't control her mouth and lacks proper behavior, he is a jerk, otherwise, why did he marry her?

4. You said MOST TIMES ladies who are beaten up, aren't innocent implying that they push their husbands. And I tell you that you have no idea and that your statement is very dangerous. Ladies like that exist for sure but before you make such statements when it comes to such sensitive issues, think twice. If you want to receive beatings because you made a mistake, that's your choice, I hope the beatings will not leave any permanent injuries and I hope your children won't have to watch their mama being beaten up BECAUSE SHE DID "SOMETHING WRONG". I consider myself a normal human being and I make mistakes, which doesn't justify any beating, not even from my parents.

My dear, some things are just beyond you until you are faced with situations like that. Thank God you agreed that there are most ladies who can't control their mouths..........then saying men who married them are jerks is you being fallacious and sentimental........so let me ask you this question; how would a man know? You think is by dating? Do you know how many people that have said "oh, this is not the same man/woman that I married?

Before you get all sentimental and jump down my throat, I was actually talking about those women that can't control their mouths.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 08, 2012
vivian chinaza:

My dear, some things are just beyond you until you are faced with situations like that. Thank God you agreed that there are most ladies who can't control their mouths..........then saying men who married them are jerks is you being fallacious and sentimental........so let me ask you this question; how would a man know? You think is by dating? Do you know how many people that have said "oh, this is not the same man/woman that I married?

Before you get all sentimental and jump down my throat, I was actually talking about those women that can't control their mouths.

I didn't say MOST WOMEN can't control their mouths. Not in my world.
And i am not jumping down your throat. I am expressing my view.
The bold one is valid for you. you have no idea what you're talking about. Sorry.
Believe me, there are better ways to handle a woman than to beat her up. Once violence becomes part of a relationship, there is no respect. The couple should either seek help or divorce. It can only become worse. You have no idea what you're talking about. Pray you'll NEVER have to endure violence in your marriage.
End of discussion.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by vivianc(f): 11:55pm On Nov 08, 2012
Emmerlee:

@ Sholly, try and understand the point Vivian is making. I really do not think she supports men physically abusing their women. The point is - women should not hide under the shadows of 'being weaker' to wreck havocs with their mouths. Some men who have beaten their women will tell you they were pushed to the wall and I can just imagine those scenarios. Men should learn to control their impulses while women too have a lot of 'mouth controlling' to do, lol. Self control should come from both sides. Expecting men to have all the self control and then freeing women to wag their tongues freely isn't fair..

Thank you jare.

@carefreewannabe; I don't know if you stay in US where some men smoke crack, come home and pounce on their wives.

But here in Nigeria........70% of wives who got beaten up by their husbands is as a result of their "running" mouth.
No one wants to stay in an abusive relationship.......it hurts just the way it kills a man when the wife rains insult on him ceaselessly. Mr. A might put up with it and Mr. B might not.

If all saying is this, if these 70% of women can control their mouths, it will lessen the percentage of it all.

Its just like the bible quotation that says children should obey their parents and parents should not push their children to the wall by provocation.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 08, 2012
@Vivian Chinanza:

"cos u're a trash that needs to be dumped in the trash can"
.......I'm a trash because I don't conform to ur slave-like opinion on what a woman is?? Or my opinions are trash?? Known for ur misuse and lack of understanding of basic English words, I'll dismiss ur use of trash and add it to one of ur many display of limpid st*upidity.

Research by Dr. Barnett said batterers often feel justified in battering because they were reared in an environment -- whether a family or neighborhood -- where violence was accepted as a proper method for solving problems or enforcing the rules. Between 40% and 70% of batterers in clinical samples have been exposed to abuse in childhood.
Reasons most batterers give for lashing out physically:

They are letting out their violent feelings. Anger and its attendant violence are pent up and demand a release.
They "want to get her attention." The victim was hysterical or refused to listen, so the man struck her.
They want to show her who is the boss, gaining or maintaining control of the situation or her behavior.
They want to teach her a lesson or get revenge for some wrong, whether real or perceived.

It's very sad every time I see ur post cos it says so much of the bigot environment you grew up in. The main reason for domestic violence has never been because women run their mouth. Some men use that as an excuse and hv been able to make silly women believe in the bullsh1t. Once you results to violence especially with a weaker specie (in terms of physical strength), it has everything to do with you and not the woman.

Now, there's nothing a woman can say to deserve beating or warrant physical abuse. A man chooses to be violent on his wife because of supposed demeaning words shows the psychological, poor self-esteem, mental and anger issues he's dealing with.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 08, 2012
vivian chinaza:

Thank you jare.

@carefreewannabe; I don't know if you stay in US where some men smoke crack, come home and pounce on their wives.

But here in Nigeria........70% of wives who got beaten up by their husbands is as a result of their "running" mouth.
No one wants to stay in an abusive relationship.......it hurts just the way it kills a man when the wife rains insult on him ceaselessly. Mr. A might put up with it and Mr. B might not.

If all saying is this, if these 70% of women can control their mouths, it will lessen the percentage of it all.

Its just like the bible quotation that says children should obey their parents and parents should not push their children to the wall by provocation.

So you know 70% of the female population in Nigeria? Interesting. From where, soap operas? Or is it the environment you live in that makes you come to this conclusion?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Emmerlee(m): 11:59pm On Nov 08, 2012
carefreewannabe:

She said MOST TIMES women are not innocent and it bothers me.
And I will stick to my opinion: NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO HIT ANOTHER PERSON!
If your wife lacks proper behavior, why the hell have you married her at all?

She must have said so because she's trying to be fair to both sexes and for me that's okay.
I understand where you are coming from.. Tongues are free to wag but thou shall Not Hit first! You know most men are really not good at nagging and tend to respond in other ways like walking away. You don't always expect them to do what some women are best known for. Like I said before, mature men are expected to control their impulses; and women are expected to watch their mouths too. I don't know how else to explain this.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 09, 2012
carefreewannabe:

I was thinking the same. First I got angry, then I felt sorry for her.
I'm telling you, if u read some of her other posts, u'll feel like crying for her.

She says things like; "I'll rather see a man cheat than a woman cheat", "women shouldn't rub shoulders with men", "men are men and it's high time we learn to deal with it"(in terms of innate urge to cheat)

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Mynd44: 12:01am On Nov 09, 2012
Emmerlee:

She must have said so because she's trying to be fair to both sexes and for me that's okay.
I understand where you are coming from.. Tongues are free to wag but thou shall Not Hit first! You know most men are really not good at nagging and tend to respond in other ways like walking away. You don't always expect them to do what some women are best known for. Like I said before, mature men are expected to control their impulses; and women are expected to watch their mouths too. I don't know how else to explain this.
hitting someone is illegal. People go to jail for it even when the party talks shît to high heavens.

Assault is a crime

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 09, 2012
lola.luv:

Gawdamn!! You got to be kidding me!
No, she's not! grin grin
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 12:02am On Nov 09, 2012
Emmerlee:

I am not saying women have the right to insult their husbands / boyfriends.
Yet, nobody has the right to hit another person. And I don't care if it's a a man hitting the woman or the woman hitting the man. Simple!

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 09, 2012
Shollypopz:
I'm telling you, if u read some of her other posts, u'll feel like crying for her.

She says things like; "I'll rather see a man cheat than a woman cheat", "women shouldn't rub shoulders with men", "men are men and it's high time we learn to deal with it"(in terms of innate urge to cheat)

I can tell you why! It's the only way for her to get attention from men.
She will have some men on her side, of course. And she'll even get standing ovations from them. She will regret wishing attention from this kind of people sooner or later.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 09, 2012
vivian chinaza: I don't support a guy physically abusing a lady but most ladies should check themselves. Most times the ladies are not completely innocent in the case. No guy has ever raised his hands on me before and I have never done anything to warrant that. So if I really did something wrong and he slaps me? I'd suck it up. But if he lay his hands on me for no just cause? I'd end the relationship, his azz will be thrown in jail or my brothers will give him the beating of his life.
Goddammit!! This 'bolded' is beyond sad! This lady is in real mental bondage and she's refusing freedom!

Listen Vivian u deserve better, no man has a right to lay his hands on you, no right whatsoever!!

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by candieangel12(f): 12:06am On Nov 09, 2012
Lol hell no! If a man ever makes the mistake of beating me, I wont fight back. Ill just keep pretendin to love him n wen he doesn't see it comin, ill just cut off his manhood. No man that beats a woman is befitting to be called a man

One of my good friends is in an abusive relationship wit her boyfriend. D guy beats her black n blue but yet she makes up silly excuses 4 d boy, she claims it was "her fault" that she got beat. The boy cheats on her like crazy but yet shes still faithful. Her mother disowned her because of the boy, the boy gingered her to steal from her mom n she stupidly did it. On sunday d boy kicked her out of their apartment n now she is stayin wit me cus she has nowhere else to go. Iv told her to go make up wit her mom but she has refused because her mom doesn't like her bf. Iv wasted 3yrs of my life tryin to advice her to leave the relationship but she doesn't listen so now im just sittin down watchin her life keep dwindling.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by vivianc(f): 12:08am On Nov 09, 2012
carefreewannabe:

I didn't say MOST WOMEN can't control their mouths. Not in my world.
And i am not jumping down your throat. I am expressing my view.
The bold one is valid for you. you have no idea what you're talking about. Sorry.
Believe me, there are better ways to handle a woman than to beat her up. Once violence becomes part of a relationship, there is no respect. The couple should either seek help or divorce. It can only become worse. You have no idea what you're talking about. Pray you'll NEVER have to endure violence in your marriage.
End of discussion.

I won't endure violence and I won't cause it!...........most men/women that beat up their spouses did so out of anger. All I'm saying is, let us help them control it by controlling our mouths.

Personally, I'm very sensitive to words and I have got a terrible temper....., so I try to tell any man around me so that scenes like that could be avoided. So I try to control my temper and he helps me by controlling his actions.

Men should have self control and women should help them in doing that by controlling their own mouths.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Mynd44: 12:08am On Nov 09, 2012
Shollypopz:
Goddammit!! This 'bolded' is beyond sad! This lady is in real mental bondage and she's refusing freedom!

Listen Vivian u deserve better, no man has a right to lay his hands on you, no right whatsoever!!
True. No man has the right to hit not just a woman but any other person except in self defense
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Rocktation(f): 12:08am On Nov 09, 2012
carefreewannabe:

Yet, nobody has the right to hit another person. And I don't care if it's a a man hitting the woman or the woman hitting the man. Simple!

Wife beaters almost never put their hands on other men that 'runs their mouths'.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Mynd44: 12:10am On Nov 09, 2012
Rocktation:

Wife beaters almost never put their hands on other men that 'runs their mouths'.
That's just shows that they are cowards

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Beync(f): 12:10am On Nov 09, 2012
vivian chinaza: I don't support a guy physically abusing a lady but most ladies should check themselves. Most times the ladies are not completely innocent in the case. No guy has ever raised his hands on me before and I have never done anything to warrant that. So if I really did something wrong and he slaps me? I'd suck it up. But if he lay his hands on me for no just cause? I'd end the relationship, his azz will be thrown in jail or my brothers will give him the beating of his life.
[b]

are u serious?
so any time u wrong him, you'd set you chins and receive slaps?
what's the difference between slaping and laying his hands on you?

from what you have writen, when he slaps you, you suck it up.
but when he lays his hands on you,your brothers'll give him the beating of his life.
so you prefer slapping to beating
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 12:12am On Nov 09, 2012
vivian chinaza:

I won't endure violence and I won't cause it!...........most men/women that beat up their spouses did so out of anger. All I'm saying is, let us help them control it by controlling our mouths.

Personally, I'm very sensitive to words and I have got a terrible temper....., so I try to tell any man around me so that scenes like that could be avoided. So I try to control my temper and he helps me by controlling his actions.

Men should have self control and women should help them in doing that by controlling their own mouths.

Just speak for yourself in the future and be careful with words like most times and most women. Thank you!
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by vivianc(f): 12:14am On Nov 09, 2012
Shollypopz:

grin yes I deserve better, that's why I plan on giving him the best......cos when I give him my best he will be a better man to me.

I don't wanna experience the bad side so I won't stir it up.

Btw, the only modern mentality I have seen in you so far is "fuccck yous" and "dicck heads" which to me still belong to the trash.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 09, 2012
vivian chinaza:

grin yes I deserve better, that's why I plan on giving him the best......cos when I give him my best he will be a better man to me.

Btw, the only modern mentality I have seen in you so far is "fuccck yous" and "dicck heads" which to me still belong to the trash.

You are so naive. Good luck to you though, hope your best will be enough. wink

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by vivianc(f): 12:17am On Nov 09, 2012
Beync: [b]

are u serious?
so any time u wrong him, you'd set you chins and receive slaps?
what's the difference between slaping and laying his hands on you?

from what you have writen, when he slaps you, you suck it up.
but when he lays his hands on you,your brothers'll give him the beating of his life.
so you prefer slapping to beating

Pls follow the argument.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by EzePromoe: 12:18am On Nov 09, 2012
Shollypopz: .......I'm a trash because I don't conform to ur slave-like opinion on what a woman is?? Or my opinions are trash?? Known for ur misuse and lack of understanding of basic English words, I'll dismiss ur use of trash and add it to one of ur many display of limpid st*upidity.

Research by Dr. Barnett said batterers often feel justified in battering because they were reared in an environment -- whether a family or neighborhood -- where violence was accepted as a proper method for solving problems or enforcing the rules. Between 40% and 70% of batterers in clinical samples have been exposed to abuse in childhood.
Reasons most batterers give for lashing out physically:

They are letting out their violent feelings. Anger and its attendant violence are pent up and demand a release.
They "want to get her attention." The victim was hysterical or refused to listen, so the man struck her.
They want to show her who is the boss, gaining or maintaining control of the situation or her behavior.
They want to teach her a lesson or get revenge for some wrong, whether real or perceived.

It's very sad every time I see ur post cos it says so much of the bigot environment you grew up in. The main reason for domestic violence has never been because women run their mouth. Some men use that as an excuse and hv been able to make silly women believe in the bullsh1t. Once you results to violence especially with a weaker specie (in terms of physical strength), it has everything to do with you and not the woman.

Now, there's nothing a woman can say to deserve beating or warrant physical abuse. A man chooses to be violent on his wife because of supposed demeaning words shows the psychological, poor self-esteem, mental and anger issues he's dealing with.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Emmerlee(m): 12:19am On Nov 09, 2012
carefreewannabe:

You guys are just over flogging this issue.. From all I see so far everyone is on the same page! I haven't read anyone here saying yes to wife battery or physical abuse whatsoever. Vivian too isn't saying yes to wife battery but you are making it look like she's endorsed it! She only added a new line to it - women, help the men. Watch your tongue! How is that a bad advice? I see nothing wrong in that oh..

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by vivianc(f): 12:21am On Nov 09, 2012
carefreewannabe:

You are so naive. Good luck to you though, hope your best will be enough. wink

And you are so experienced, so when u get married make sure u abuse your husband with words.......there is a 50% chance that you will get beaten.......then divorce his azz....that's your business.

As for me, I deserve better and my husband deserves better too.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 12:23am On Nov 09, 2012
Emmerlee:

You guys are just over flogging this issue.. From all I see so far everyone is on the same page! I haven't read anyone here saying yes to wife battery or physical abuse whatsoever. Vivian too isn't saying yes to wife battery but you are making it look like she's endorsed it! She only added a new line to it - women, help the men. Watch your tongue! How is that a bad advice? I see nothing wrong in that oh..

No, she said MOST TIMES and 70 % of NIGERIAN women "help men" to give them beatings. That's the difference. I am definitely not on the same page with her.
It's very nice of you that you want to make peace but I see no problem in disagreeing with people. And I will never compromise my view on domestic violence, coming from whichever side, male or female.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by EzePromoe: 12:24am On Nov 09, 2012
Shollypopz:

Sholly, you lie tongue Vivian is a responsible woman and she just told you the attributes of a responsible woman. No woman in her right sense will fight a man no matter what. You might get yourself injured you know. wink
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by vivianc(f): 12:25am On Nov 09, 2012
Emmerlee:

Don't mind them....will there sentiments allow them to see that? I won't support a man that beats his wife and I won't support a woman that runs her mouth......

Men should not beat their wives, women should learn how to control their mouths....period!
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 12:25am On Nov 09, 2012
vivian chinaza:

And you are so experienced, so when u get married make sure u abuse your husband with words.......there is a 50% chance that you will get beaten.......then divorce his azz....that's your business.

As for me, I deserve better and my husband deserves better too.

Why should I insult my husband? My mama taught me better. wink
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 09, 2012
vivian chinaza:

Don't mind them....will there sentiments allow them to see that? I won't support a man that beats his wife and I won't support a woman that runs her mouth......

Men should not beat their wives, women should learn how to control their mouths....period!

But men should slap their wives when they have "running mouths", right?
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 09, 2012
vivian chinaza:

Your level of st*upidity or should I say shock of ur mental slavery is so dumbfounding! Almost unbelievable!

Now, it's st*upid to say a woman should tiptoe, do as her husband says at all times, to never get into an argument that could result into trading of insults because she's trying to prevent him from hitting her. Is she a psychologist??

Why do u think she's the one to fix the problem of low-self esteem, anger issues and psychological problem that resulted from her husband watching his father beat his mum?? Is tip toeing and not trading insults the cause for the husband's tendency for violence??

Is tiptoeing going to solve the real mental and psychological issue the husband has??

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by vivianc(f): 12:28am On Nov 09, 2012
carefreewannabe:

Why should I insult my husband? My mama taught me better. wink

I'm happy about that........but u can test drive him to know what he will do? He might give you a gold medal you know? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

The Best Way To Celebrate Valentine / 18+!!! She Poured Ice Cream On Her Pusssy and Asked Me to Lick It!!! / What Is The Meaning Of VAWULENCE?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.