Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,487 members, 7,836,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? (14094 Views)

Lady Humiliates A Guy Who Had Sex With Her & Ran Away On Facebook(pic) / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / Can We Guys Physically Tell If A Girl Just Had Sex Recently With Another Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by abiL2: 2:54pm On Nov 09, 2012
Idowuogbo:
*coughs* pls direct me to her quotes dat states "MEN" are always rite. We need proof o! lipsrsealed

For one, she deems it okay for a man to lay his hands on her when she's done wrong.

If you need proof, start reading the thread from page 0.

Mtcheew!
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by freecocoa(f): 2:54pm On Nov 09, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Vivi!! Answer abeg!!!!!! angry
Idowu shebi you don dey madt abi?
You no fit hail me back.angry
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by abiL2: 2:56pm On Nov 09, 2012
Shollypopz:
I swear, I could care less of she's treated right. In fact I want her to get beating. If I had power, I will beat her myself but I'm sure she'll win the fight if it get's physical. grin grin. My main problem is her kids. Is this the mentality she's going to pass on to her female and male children?? Will they be watching dad slap mummy anytime she does something wrong which is almost inevitable??!

70% of men that hit their wives grew up in homes where they watched their father do the same thing to their mums.

And the circle of abuse continues.

I just hope that her future kids don't grow up with her mentality.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 09, 2012
Rocktation: I've known a man that beat his wife just because 'she doesn't know how to enjoy his money'

jeez...like seriously?.....SMH...some men has lost it..WTF!!...i'm a christain by the way and in my family's history but paternal and maternal, none is a divorcee but i won't have a second thought on divorcing the hediot(if am the woman) you describe in your post and than take his arsè to court and make sure he pays even with his breath!!
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 09, 2012
Shollypopz:
I swear, I could care less of she's treated right. In fact I want her to get beating. If I had power, I will beat her myself but I'm sure she'll win the fight if it get's physical. grin grin. My main problem is her kids. Is this the mentality she's going to pass on to her female and male children?? Will they be watching dad slap mummy anytime she does something wrong which is almost inevitable??!

70% of men that hit their wives grew up in homes where they watched their father do the same thing to their mums.
+1000. I still don't understand why she thinks it is justifiable.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by freecocoa(f): 2:58pm On Nov 09, 2012
Girls abeg y'all should take it easy with Vivi.
If anything we should help her get rid of such mindset not make derogatory comments.
Not cool abeg,
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 09, 2012
freecocoa: Girls abeg y'all should take it easy with Vivi.
If anything we should help her get rid of such mindset not make derogatory comments.
Not cool abeg,

That's true but it's a hard task to perform. Yet, you're right.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 09, 2012
I personally don't think you should beat a woman, maybe except she hits you first........... ( if a woman hits you, then you can react, because you are human and you respond to stimuli).

However, if it's just a case of her abusing a man, you can just walk away from the place or throw her out of your house. I personally won't end up in a relationship with such women. You know those 'kind' of women when you interact with them in the first five minutes. They are usually boisterous, aggressive, loud, unreasonable, etc...

Them women are made for area boys, not decent guy like me....
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 09, 2012
obo_man: I personally don't think you should beat a woman, maybe except she hits you first........... ( if a woman hits you, then you can react, because you are human and you respond to stimuli).

However, if it's just a case of her abusing a man, you can just walk away from the place or throw her out of your house. I personally won't end up in a relationship with such women. You know those 'kind' of women when you interact with them in the first five minutes. They are usually boisterous, aggressive, loud, unreasonable, etc...

Them women are made for area boys, not decent guy like me....

^1000 likes.
My thoughts.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by abiL2: 3:02pm On Nov 09, 2012
Not cool abeg,

We can keep voicing her opinions from now till Jesus comes, Vivian ain't gonna change her view point.

She has probably grown up to think in such ways. With the behaviourist theory, it's difficult (still possible) to unlearn what someone has taken years to learn.

It's like smoking, it's hard for smokers to give up smoking.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 09, 2012
Not cool abeg,
You are right. But as it is, helping her eliminate such mindset is proving to be arduous. She is deeply ingrained in her faulty beliefs.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Rocktation(f): 3:02pm On Nov 09, 2012
lalaosky:

jeez...like seriously?.....SMH...some men has lost it..WTF!!...i'm a christain by the way and in my family's history but paternal and maternal, none is a divorcee but i won't have a second thought on divorcing the hediot(if am the woman) you describe in your post and than take his arsè to court and make sure he pays even with his breath!!

For shizzle, no punking. Sapele, Delta state. 2k9. wink
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 09, 2012
abiL*:

We can keep voicing her opinions from now till Jesus comes, Vivian ain't gonna change her view point.

She has probably grown up to think in such ways. With the behaviourist theory, it's difficult (still possible) to unlearn what someone has taken years to learn.

Life will teach her best, I'm pretty sure. I'm just sorry she'll probably have to learn it the hard way.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 09, 2012
vivian chinaza:

Then are we not saying the same thing?

kinda...its just that i don't agree a man should slap you in the first place whether you would suck it all up or not even though you're wrong cos he wouldn't even want you slapping him or his friends beating him up just cos' he pissed them off..if he should slap you for being wrong then he should also give you the ample opportunity to kick his arsè whenever he hurts you...tît for tat...hope you get the drift?
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 09, 2012
Not cool abeg,

yeah....she is a good cool gurl.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 09, 2012
ItsModella:
You are right. But as it is, helping her eliminate such mindset is proving to be arduous. She is deeply ingrained in her faulty beliefs.

She has the right to live her life the way she wants. Her relationship / marriage is hers.
The thoughts are free and she can have whatever attitude. It's not business to teach and change her.
But she is ALL WRONG to publish wrong and dangerous information on domestic violence.
I don't care about me, less about her, I care about the generation of my daughters. She is not helpful and her statements are dangerous.
I hope, SHE can understand.
Am out of here, I need to clean up. Wanted to be ready by now lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by mascot87(m): 3:07pm On Nov 09, 2012
My Opinion
Neither beat nor slaping your wife for ANY REASON.
There are better ways to handle her,if you lay your hands on her and fight erupts and something unexpected happens e.g DEATH,what would be your excuss?As a man,we have to be gentle as a dove and wise as a serpent when handling issue involving our wife. A marriage where a man beats or slaps his wife cant be a good marriage. Ladies,if your boyfriend beats or slap you for ANY reason DO NOT MARRY SUCH a man. Marriage is meant to be enjoyed and not endured. Good afternoon

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 09, 2012
Rocktation:

For shizzle, no punking. Sapele, Delta state. 2k9. wink

gawd!!..mehn, women dey try!!....SMH...thank God i didnt have a father like that or else i might be beating mukina2 by nowgringringrin...BTW, your pic at the "interview thread" was simply amazing...you look good

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 09, 2012
abiL*:

So u're just seeing what I've been saying since the cheater's thread. The girl's mentality is a result of d sick society or bigot environment she grew up in. She has to free herself from mental slavery though.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 09, 2012
carefreewannabe:

Dear Crown Prince,

please don't take the following as an insult and I beg you to not virtually hit me. undecided smiley

There is no way I would even consider for a second to marry a man with your attitude.

And IF all men had this attitude, I would prefer to be a single mum. I have seen women with severe injuries and I have also seen children who grew up in homes where domestic violence is an option, so I would rather be a single mum. Yet, before I take the risk of having to raise my children alone, I go for men who AT LEAST try BY ALMOST ALL MEANS to find other ways to handle their relationships and marriages rather than thinking how to justify it. God help me.

It is a pity you are seeing with your left eye alone. Try view with both eyes and see that men has been murdered, poisoned, debased , humiliated and wrecked because a strange woman came into their life.

You are still living in fantasy island, if you want to live in the real world, Vivian has already set the parameters for cohabitation.

Marry your husband, ridicule him even poke your finger into his eyes, no worry he is a gentleman for he will surely get a peaceful resolution because he prefers you being a cancerous parasite (pun).
carefreewannabe:

Dear Crown Prince,

please don't take the following as an insult and I beg you to not virtually hit me. undecided smiley

There is no way I would even consider for a second to marry a man with your attitude.

And IF all men had this attitude, I would prefer to be a single mum. I have seen women with severe injuries and I have also seen children who grew up in homes where domestic violence is an option, so I would rather be a single mum. Yet, before I take the risk of having to raise my children alone, I go for men who AT LEAST try BY ALMOST ALL MEANS to find other ways to handle their relationships and marriages rather than thinking how to justify it. God help me.

It is a pity you are seeing with your left eye alone. Try view with both eyes and see that men has been murdered, poisoned, debased , humiliated and wrecked because a strange woman came into their life.

You are still living in fantasy island, if you want to live in the real world, Vivian has already set the parameters for cohabitation.

Marry your husband, ridicule him even poke your finger into his eyes, no worry he is a gentleman for he will surely get a peaceful resolution because he prefers you being a cancerous parasite (pun).
carefreewannabe:

She has the right to live her life the way she wants. Her relationship / marriage is hers.
The thoughts are free and she can have whatever attitude. It's not business to teach and change her.
But she is ALL WRONG to publish wrong and dangerous information on domestic violence.
I don't care about me, less about her, I care about the generation of my daughters. She is not helpful and her statements are dangerous.
I hope, SHE can understand.
Am out of here, I need to clean up. Wanted to be ready by now lipsrsealed

lipsealed for what...let the cat outta the bag jor.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by DExplorer1: 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2012
What's the topic again?
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:19pm On Nov 09, 2012
abiL*:

For one, she deems it okay for a man to lay his hands on her when she's done wrong.

If you need proof, start reading the thread from page 0.

Mtcheew!
Attitude? Na wa o! Na fight undecided
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 09, 2012
ItsModella:
Are u guys's kidding me?? I hv been saying this since God knows when, on previous threads of course. I even compared her mental slavery to those of the African Americans and how some still chose to serve their white masters after they received freedom. The slaves then knew themselves to be slaves, it was what defined them. The thought of freedom was strange so they shied away from it. Look @ d AA's now sef, quite a number of them are still battling with mental slavery.

Vivian's definition of a woman is what bigot men have defined her to be. Y'all can hate me but imma say the truth!
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by abiL2: 3:20pm On Nov 09, 2012
Shollypopz:
So u're just seeing what I've been saying since the cheater's thread. The girl's mentality is a result of d sick society or bigot environment she grew up in. She has to free herself from mental slavery though.

Every time you say "mental slavery", I laugh small small cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:22pm On Nov 09, 2012
Not cool abeg,
Get rid of what? My dear! To each dier own. But! Wot I don't get is, y pips choose to drag her folks in.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by vivianc(f): 3:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
grin grin grin grin at helping me. Chei! Mehn u all should help urselves first cos u really do need the help. grin grin grin I have got a lot of work to do menh.......keep killing urselves.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by vivianc(f): 3:27pm On Nov 09, 2012
@freecocoa; sorry babe but keep ur help to urself, I don't need it. There is no need for it.
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 09, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Get rid of what? My dear! To each dier own. But! Wot I don't get is, y pips choose to drag her folks in.
Here's a link to why??
http://www.lfcc.on.ca/little_eyes_little_ears.pdf

Here's another link!

http://www.villagelife.org/news/archives/DV_coverstory/DV_menjustified.html

Most people with such mindset grew up in abusive homes. E.O.D
Re: Ladies, Will You Stay With A Guy Who Physically Abuses You? by freecocoa(f): 3:27pm On Nov 09, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Oh well.
You have a point sha but you never know.
To her what she's saying is right and I understand some of her points but the aspect of sucking it up cos she thinks she was wrong is a no no, maybe if she opened her mind, she'll see things from our point of view.
I just don't like the way the girls are making it sound, the thing just want come be like gang up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Exquisite Photos Of Beautiful Muslim Women / What Is The Meaning Of VAWULENCE? / See What The Girl Am Asking Out Sent To Me ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.