Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,456 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders (31621 Views)

Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Odunnu: 9:02pm On Nov 22, 2012
Exactly @Jide.
@Tgirl. Check your mail. Thats a big fish. Whatever happened to my other bigfish Kat?
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 22, 2012
I'm so loving this. This will keep me glued to this section. Hope my boss wouldn't catch me on Nairaland...
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 22, 2012
Grab sit, errrrrrrm comfort get me dat popcorn and coke fast fast eeeeeeeh.....
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by debosky(m): 9:52pm On Nov 22, 2012
I support jaybee's nomination. grin
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Odunnu: 10:15pm On Nov 22, 2012
debosky: I support jaybee's nomination. grin
Tgirl!! How did you miss Debosky? Choi!
Abeg, I nominate Debra jor. tongue

Is Jaybee married? He is supposed to be my fiance. Did he marry someone else?

1 Like

Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by EfemenaXY: 10:39pm On Nov 22, 2012
Tgirl, I nominate:

JohnDoe (it'll be interesting to know if he really practises the violent stuff he spams preaches on the threads here

Siena

Ileobatojo

Ronkebp
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 1:03am On Nov 23, 2012
Interesting.

Tgirl, could you please email me a rough template, citing an example of how you'd like things presented?
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by alleviate2002us(m): 4:36am On Nov 23, 2012
Rukemi291: I'm so loving this. This will keep me glued to this section. Hope my boss wouldn't catch me on Nairaland...

My boss caught me on NL today and was like:..."What are you doing"..."You are browsing"..."You are on NL"...then I was like not really sir....and he said ..."What do mean by not really I saw you using our official hour to browse nairaland"....Mehn as the man dey talk na I just they close all the pages weh I open.

Couldn"t tell him I pro actively handled all my task for the day and could afford to look thru NL(couldn't gamble with not being converted to a jacky (if he knew I had time to spare) and besides I had mails and comments to respond to)
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 23, 2012
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Johndoe100(m): 7:48am On Nov 23, 2012
bjcole: I m not against ur idea o, it is until when we see it, that i really can comment. I dnt knw d criteria u used in arriving @ those names, as a moderator, i dont think it is fair 4 u nominate people & some of d names u mentioned have postedsome comments that are unbecoming of a married person. This is a family section 4 God sake, D yrs of experience shd be d 1st criteria & anybody wit less than 15-20 yrs married life is not qualified. That is my thought

Thank you for this observation. It seems this whole exercise is just to further the view point of the cabal. What is worse is the open identification of the moderator with a particular view point. Is there anyone on that list who is not a member of the cabal? Anyway the part that I loved the most is this statement -
"I would like to nominate the following people that I think have a stable marriage" those of us not on the list do not have stable marriages? This truly amazing from a moderator, because we ALL interact here don't we?

@Tgirl4real
If you will take a suggestion, will it not be better to have the family living in Nigeria? I mean no disrespect but of what relevance and resonance is the day to day life of someone who lives in Timbuktu? Do most of the silent readers sitting in their offices hiding and reading this relate with the average day to day life of the internet Nigerian? I would love a peek into the life of a stable family in Nigeria, but could care less about someone in Australia (for that I have DSTV) Please take this as a suggestion from we Nigerians here in Nigeria.

Oh, yes, before I forget - Nigerians who don't want to divorce every other year.
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Coolval222(m): 8:06am On Nov 23, 2012
alleviate2002us:

My boss caught me on NL today and was like:..."What are you doing"..."You are browsing"..."You are on NL"...then I was like not really sir....and he said ..."What do mean by not really I saw you using our official hour to browse nairaland"....Mehn as the man dey talk na I just they close all the pages weh I open.

Couldn"t tell him I pro actively handled all my task for the day and could afford to look thru NL(couldn't gamble with not being converted to a jacky (if he knew I had time to spare) and besides I had mails and comments to respond to)

hehehehe lol
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 23, 2012
cabal even in nairaland..... na wa ooooo. Anyway the only female worthy of my nomination is chaircover, dnt knw her or relate wit her but i fink i like her comments on every marriage issue

1 Like

Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Odunnu: 9:00am On Nov 23, 2012
Even weird JD finds it interesting. tongue Tgirl jisike. cheesy
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 10:20am On Nov 23, 2012
Siena: Interesting.

Tgirl, could you please email me a rough template, citing an example of how you'd like things presented?

Ok sir. I will buzz up soon.
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 10:35am On Nov 23, 2012
Johndoe100:

Thank you for this observation. It seems this whole exercise is just to further the view point of the cabal. What is worse is the open identification of the moderator with a particular view point. Is there anyone on that list who is not a member of the cabal? Anyway the part that I loved the most is this statement -
"I would like to nominate the following people that I think have a stable marriage" those of us not on the list do not have stable marriages? This truly amazing from a moderator, because we ALL interact here don't we?

Sir,

To start with, kindly refrain from bringing the cabal ideology to this thread.

Secondly, u quoted a part that suited u leaving out the reason why I made the statement. At one point or the other, the people I personally nominated have mentioned or insinuated that they have a good marriage. U sir, can also nominate whoever you think fits the bill as a regular family section contributor.

@Tgirl4real
If you will take a suggestion, will it not be better to have the family living in Nigeria? I mean no disrespect but of what relevance and resonance is the day to day life of someone who lives in Timbuktu? Do most of the silent readers sitting in their offices hiding and reading this relate with the average day to day life of the internet Nigerian? I would love a peek into the life of a stable family in Nigeria, but could care less about someone in Australia (for that I have DSTV) Please take this as a suggestion from we Nigerians here in Nigeria.

Oh, yes, before I forget - Nigerians who don't want to divorce every other year.

Thanks for your suggestion. I doubt we can leave those not resident in naija out. This programme is solely based on interest. And if I may add, we have a lot of Nigerians not resident here active on this forum; and they also want to learn a thing or two and would also love something they can relate with. This is WWW, it can't be limited. A couple living in the UK will also face marital challenges, however it may differ from that of a Nigerian based couple. Marriage is marriage.

Back to your suggestion, can you recommend a user you believe has a stable family life here in Nigeria?

Secondly, it seems more than two people have nominated you, would you be glad to take the offer? cheesy
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 10:38am On Nov 23, 2012
Julesbloom: cabal even in nairaland..... na wa ooooo. Anyway the only female worthy of my nomination is chaircover, dnt knw her or relate wit her but i fink i like her comments on every marriage issue

This is an example how/why someone was nominated.
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 23, 2012
Tgirl4real:

This is an example how/why someone was nominated.
noted

1 Like

Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by firestar(f): 11:00am On Nov 23, 2012
Well,well, well....

Now this I'll definitely subscribe to! cheesy
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by maclatunji: 11:11am On Nov 23, 2012
Tgirl4real:

I haven't gotten the mail. I hope the PM thingy is not acting up again. I will include Coogar then.

MBJ wouldn't be a bad idea with his numerous baby mamas. grin

What do u think CC? tongue

Excuse my intrusion, but PMs amongst Moderators don't work.
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by EfemenaXY: 11:27am On Nov 23, 2012
Tgirl, suggestion for you:

Why not update the first page? So that it reflects whose been nominated, and by whom? That way, we all get a bird's eye view of how it's progressing without having to thumb through lots of pages...and believe me, what you're proposing here is such a fun idea this thread's gonna increase in size soon. cheesy

What do you think?
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 11:38am On Nov 23, 2012
Thanks Efe. U encourage me. I have thought of that and I am compiling it already.

Also working on the outline and format that will be best for the programme.

More suggestions are welcome.
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 11:43am On Nov 23, 2012
Odunnu:
Tgirl!! How did you miss Debosky? Choi!
Abeg, I nominate Debra jor. tongue

Is Jaybee married? He is supposed to be my fiance. Did he marry someone else?

Odunnu, is Debosky married?

Abeg, I need u to show for backyard.
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by bjcole(m): 11:43am On Nov 23, 2012
@ moderator, i think johndoe is somehow correct, some of those ladies u ve there, r d one requesting their hubby being a houseboy, doing d domestic chores 4 them @ home, is that what u want us 2 come & learn? let us not pass wrong things 2 d younger generations pls. Some homes r suffering becos of their advices here, i dont even pray 4 my wife 2 be close 2 any of them. D only female worthy 4 me here is Jidegirl, & her name is not even on ur list, her comments tend towards a virtous woman.
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 23, 2012
Tgirl4real:

Odunnu, is Debosky married?

Abeg, I need u to show for backyard.

Debosky is a father and a husband
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by cdamsel(f): 12:09pm On Nov 23, 2012
Dis sounds nice,wen d main tin start make una hala me,I'm eager 2 learn
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 12:17pm On Nov 23, 2012
UPDATE

Nominations

Male
Frieburger (nominated by OP)
Analytical (by OP)
Siena (Op, Efemena)
TV01 (OP)
Oyinbogoju (OP)
Jaybee (nominated by Gboliwe, Debosky, CC)
Coogar (nominated by CC)
Debosky (Odunnu)
Serubawon (CC)
JohnDoe (CC, Efemena)
Jarus (Odunnu)

Female
Ronkebp (OP, Efemena)
Debrief08 (OP)
JennyKadry (Op)
Chaircover (OP, Julesbloom)
Naijababe (OP)
Efemena_xy (OP)
FeminineA (OP)
Ileobatojo (OP, Efemena)
Ujujoan (OP)
FTmum (nominated by CC)
Ifyalways (nominated by CC, Vicky)
Mrs.Chima (G.James)Not sure if she's married.

These are the names that have surfaced so far. I hope any of them will be willing to take up the challenge. wink

Interest
Siena (very interested) wink
Dominique (Pending)

Requirement: The main cast will be selected mainly by interest and nomination.

More nominations please.
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 12:19pm On Nov 23, 2012
bjcole: @ moderator, i think johndoe is somehow correct, some of those ladies u ve there, r d one requesting their hubby being a houseboy, doing d domestic chores 4 them @ home, is that what u want us 2 come & learn? let us not pass wrong things 2 d younger generations pls. Some homes r suffering becos of their advices here, i dont even pray 4 my wife 2 be close 2 any of them. D only female worthy 4 me here is Jidegirl, & her name is not even on ur list, her comments tend towards a virtous woman.

Are u nominating her?
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 12:19pm On Nov 23, 2012
jennykadry:

Debosky is a father and a husband

Glad to know. Are u nominating him as well?
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 23, 2012
bjcole: @ moderator, i think johndoe is somehow correct, some of those ladies u ve there, r d one requesting their hubby being a houseboy, doing d domestic chores 4 them @ home, is that what u want us 2 come & learn?

I think you're exaggerating. I share household chores with my wife, that does not mean she's requesting I become a houseboy. There's nothing wrong with sharing chores. Besides, this is not about what's right or wrong. It's simply about the day-to-day happenings in a typical married couple's lives. If sharing household chores doesn't work for you, makes you feel more like a "houseboy" and less of a man, then by all means, leave that side of things to your wife, if she's happy for you to do so.

Naturally, some experiences may be relevant to that of another married couple, some may differ. And for those who wish to learn a thing or two, it's up to them to choose what may work best for their own marriage. No two marriages are the same.

5 Likes

Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 23, 2012
Tgirl4real:

Sienna (very interested) wink

Single "N" in Siena, please. Unless you're referring to my daughter, who's got two "N" in her name. wink
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Odunnu: 12:47pm On Nov 23, 2012
Can we nominate passive family section users? If yes, then I nominate Jarus.
[s] his wife is also a surreptitious user of this section [/s]
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Odunnu: 12:49pm On Nov 23, 2012
Siena:

Single "N" in Siena, please. Unless you're referring to my daughter, who's got two "N" in her name. wink
The name is about to become a brand. I likey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Best Way to Punish Kids? / Mr Rilwan Adelanwa Is Missing / How Much Does A Packet Of Disposable Diaper Cost In Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.