Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,215 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders (31620 Views)

Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by agiboma(f): 12:03pm On Nov 25, 2012
chaircover: To be honest, it is going to be virtually impossible to get this exercise to mimic the reality shows that we watch on TV.

Why? because first of all we are all a judgmental lot and no one is going to confess to insulting her husband/slapping his wife on here even though we know that these things do happen and also because as far as I know, there are only 3 married couples on nairaland. . . . of course there may be more but to get a real fly on the wall rounded view of the full marriage, both husband and wife have to be on here to give their own personal thoughts/views/narration of events.

I may also come and share something which may be totally different from the way that my husband sees it. So I am not really sharing the REAL BALANCED experience and I am just stating things from my own point of view which though may be true for me, may not sit the same way with my husband.

At most, what we will get from this is a diary of events seen from one part of the marriage side (which I gave an example on happy friday) and so I think that we should treat this as it is, which is just some fun to peer behind some curtains.
It is certainly not a marriage seminar or marriage counseling course, and therefore anyone should be welcome married or not, happy or not to share anything at all about their relationships.

I am glad you responded CC because tbh i see you are totally into the concept of the reality show because you share the same beleifs about marriage as the OP so birds of a feather flock together as the saying goes. Even if its one person sharing the expereince from the marriage it is ok. But let their be variety for crying out loud. Look marriage today with so many obstacles does not replicate the disney cinderella fairytale etc. People have issues and this good and bad marriage thing is simply too old and played out. You mentioned no one is going to say they slapped their wife/husband. Well perhapes you may not say so, but i have always been completly honest to a fault on NL and yes i would say if i fought physically with my DH.

The truth is some of you people are to secrative hiding behind you know what putting up a personna that does not exist. Making it look like your relationships are problem free, deceiving yourselves and that is why you cannot come and NL and admit to any issues in your marriage. Then their are teh one's like me who post with brutal honesty and get crucified for it. Any how you people do your show but in my opinion it showed be called fantasy land and not a "reality show" because it just does not have the fundations for such IMO.
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 25, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by BABE3: 1:20pm On Nov 25, 2012
chaircover: I am almost certain that coogar is married lipsrsealed
BOY oh BOY how could I forget Jaybee embarassed
errrrrmmmmmm saga is not married but please pretty please can he be on the list. Id just like to see how he will deal with his woman using his razor to shave her eyebrows grin grin grin
PS I sent you a PM

Erm , thanks, but no thanks. He's happily unmarried.

Tgirl4real:
I will include Coogar then.

You should exclude him, m'aam.

1 Like

Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 25, 2012
Abeg Tgirl, come to the rescue before another roforofo starts o and while you are it, i wanna nominate Busybody abeg! That woman is tha ish according to my gospel.
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 25, 2012
Can Tgirl please delete insulting comments on this thread? Else this thread will be detailed . If anyone has issues with a fellow nairalander's marriage or marital belief or what not ,seek another thread and trash it out with the person there. Some of you victim players are becoming boring and honestly all I just wanna do is yawn.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by EfemenaXY: 3:32pm On Nov 25, 2012
agiboma:

I am glad you responded CC because tbh i see you are totally into the concept of the reality show because you share the same beleifs about marriage as the OP so birds of a feather flock together as the saying goes. Even if its one person sharing the expereince from the marriage it is ok. But let their be variety for crying out loud. Look marriage today with so many obstacles does not replicate the disney cinderella fairytale etc. People have issues and this good and bad marriage thing is simply too old and played out. You mentioned no one is going to say they slapped their wife/husband. Well perhapes you may not say so, but i have always been completly honest to a fault on NL and yes i would say if i fought physically with my DH.

The truth is some of you people are to secrative hiding behind you know what putting up a personna that does not exist. Making it look like your relationships are problem free, deceiving yourselves and that is why you cannot come and NL and admit to any issues in your marriage. Then their are teh one's like me who post with brutal honesty and get crucified for it. Any how you people do your show but in my opinion it showed be called fantasy land and not a "reality show" because it just does not have the fundations for such IMO.

What a venomous post. Was the attack on CC necessary?

This is a beautiful thread that promises to be interesting and provide light hearted entertainment. Why turn it into a battle ground?

We all know this is work-in-progress and Tgirl's asked for suggestions on how to make it better. You started off with some good and positive suggestions. Your last paragraph however dripped with acid (literally).

I'd like to believe we're all responsible adults here, so pls let's act it. Now that's my 2 cent's.

4 Likes

Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by ifyalways(f): 3:46pm On Nov 25, 2012
@OP, simply put, throw the "show" open.
Regardless of how happy/unhappy one have portrayed his/her marriage online, everyone is entitled to participate or be nominated.

On that note I nominate :
Zayhal
Lastpage
Johndoe
CC
Agiboma
Manmustwac. Lol

1 Like

Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 25, 2012
yawns......
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 4:38pm On Nov 25, 2012
Wislet: yea, I agree with CC.
NO JUDGING, NO SNEERS, NO RAISED EYEBROWS OR 'ADVICES'.
Just a REALITY show.
The participants should lay it down as it is, NO ONE is perfect.
There are no prices to be won. No marks to be awarded.
There'll be reactions though, to spice it up grin

Serubawon, up there is my response to ur concern. One of the conditions for the couples is that they have to be real as real can be. They only thing considered personal is any info that poses as a threat to their family now or in the future.

Also, though couples are expected to be plain and open, they however hold exclusive right to what they might want to share. U can't hold anyone responsible for hoarding gist. It's their lives, it's their business.

We can all lead by example by volunteering to share. wink
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2012
ifyalways: @OP, simply put, throw the "show" open.
Regardless of how happy/unhappy one have portrayed his/her marriage online, everyone is entitled to participate or be nominated.

On that note I nominate :
Zayhal
Lastpage
Johndoe
CC
Agiboma
Manmustwac. Lol

No one has said otherwise.

Johndoe now has 3 nominations. CC too.

So, CC n Johndoe, we dey wait for u.
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by agiboma(f): 4:44pm On Nov 25, 2012
chaircover: agiboma there was absolutely no need for any of that and I am not going to go down into the gutter with you which is what you clearly want. You have been conveniently ignored for long enough and it will surprise me if anyone bothers to rise to your bait.

However for the record, By all means its a free forum, so feel free to paste whatever you want about your relationship. No one!!! absolutely no one!!!! is stopping you.

Just one small thing whilst I have your attention . . . .errrmmmmm how do you know that anyone is putting up a persona that doesn't exist & deceiving ourselves as you say? and since you know this already, shouldn't you just deal with yours and leave everyone elses? undecided

anyways have a good afternoon and I am looking forward to hear from a true marriage as per the gospel of st agi.

BB your attention is needed here!!

BB is not needed at all let the woman B. yes and please do keep on ignoring me, thats a good thing. You know i am very outspoken and must say things my way as you do likewise. Its a pitty i dont follow and belong to your group that is why i am considered an outsider hey that's ok with me. What work's in my house wont work in your and vice versa. Anyhow GL to you people with your show.
@Efenma not an attack just stating the obvious or perhapes you are part of them i am not sure i have not really read up on much of your post either way i must always voice my opinion till i get banned. Lastly my last paragraph dripped with acid because the truth hurts simple its human nature, maybe this rings through in your life IDK and im not making any assumptions but its time people step in to the reality of life which is harder for some to do than others.
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 25, 2012

5 Likes

Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 25, 2012
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 25, 2012
I nominate Sagamite and TV01
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by dominique(f): 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2012
Why do I have a feeling the 'side show' will be more interesting than the actual show.

1 Like

Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 25, 2012
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 5:04pm On Nov 25, 2012
Thanks all.

I thank God we all communicate with a common language - English. I believe there's nothing on this thread too hard for anyone to comprehend. And just as Jenny said, plz carry personal beefs away from this thread. I intend for this thread to serve as the official comment. Kindly avoid derailing it.

Having said that, please expects update shortly.

Thanks.
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2012
jennykadry: I nominate Sagamite and TV01

Why sagamite biko? grin
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by taryour(f): 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2012
Please tgirl can this show just begin Am so tired of reading fights on nairaland,one of the reasons i left all this while. Oga oo,cant we women just let it all go and simply have fun.... I wouldnt be surprised if this thread reaches 13 pages without the main show surfacing at all....
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 25, 2012
Tgirl4real:

Why sagamite biko? grin

Which Kain queshiun is this one? Sagaamu? The king of my heart grin cheesy that is why
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by taryour(f): 5:09pm On Nov 25, 2012
jennykadry: I nominate Sagamite and TV01

jenny but saga isnt married na, tgirl abeg no put that guy jare,i no get time to read long epistle oo....

1 Like

Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 25, 2012
taryour:

jenny but saga isnt married na, tgirl abeg no put that guy jare,i no get time to read long epistle oo....

Sagaamu is legally married to me. Stop jealousying us cheesy
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 25, 2012
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Sagamite(m): 5:11pm On Nov 25, 2012
jennykadry:

Which Kain queshiun is this one? Sagaamu? The king of my heart grin cheesy that is why

You want me to reveal to all my okpekes on NL that I am actually married?

You want me to tell the story of my marital life where my wife is the one that goes to pick up my girlfriends for me and she then excuses us by spending the night in the Guest room based on the contractual terms of our prenuptial agreements? undecided cheesy
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 25, 2012
@CC's health "non issues"

What is meant to be will be. Looking at the bright side, so your old self and oga CC are still rocking it under the sheet ehn? cheesy grin Have you not retired ni? So this is why you are always in a furniture shop, trying to replace your worn out bed caused by too much gangnam style.

My friend stop stealing the items in your shop and stop using them in the bedroom. angry angry
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 25, 2012
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by taryour(f): 5:17pm On Nov 25, 2012
chaircover:

LOL you havent seen anything yest . . . wait until Busybody, jenny and efe start fighting over Sagalulu, then you will know the real meaning of the word fight grin

anyway you are right and me too cant wait for the show to start . . . . . .all this side attraction and small small bands singing is not the real thing . . . .

Some of us have paid good money to watch this show in 3D HD

nawa o cc, i cant begin to imagine how the battle field will look like,na die oo. Lol
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 25, 2012
Sagamite:

You want me to reveal to all my okpekes on NL that I am actually married?

You want me to tell the story of my marital life where my wife is the one that goes to pick up my girlfriends for me and she then excuses us by spending the night in the Guest room based on the contractual terms of our prenuptial agreements? undecided cheesy

Excuse me? angry is that why efe has been carrying her big nyash around this forum, wearing that her yeye iro and buba that let not make me see road well, with her "kpatewo" hair style, asking for you to give her 2k naira to make her hair?

As for BB she has failed. The ship has long sailed.

Say what? Which pre-nup? do quick and share your playstation, nintendo and Wii games in half abeg grin
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 5:20pm On Nov 25, 2012
Good evening all,

We are sorry the Nairaland online Reality Family Show would not premiere today due to reasons beyond our control.

The first episode will kick off Monday, 26th November, 2012 by 5PM.

We have 3 families on board:

The Naija Folks - Meet the Naija Folks
The Sienas - keeping up with the Sienas
The Jarus' - Mr and Mrs Jarus.

This show promises to be fun as these 3 families will take us on a ride into their world. We get to see the thrills, the excitement, the tears, the fights, the make-ups, the dates, the temptations, the lonely nights, the celebrations and all.

There's never gonna be a dull moment.

Programme Run-down (Naija time)

- Meet the Naija Folks - Mondays and Fridays, Between 5 and 6pm

- Keeping up with the Sienas - Tuesdays and Saturdays, between 5 and 6pm

- Mr and Mrs Jarus - Wednesday and Sundays, between 5 and 6pm.

Each show will run for a period of 6 weeks.

U can't afford to miss it. cool
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by taryour(f): 5:21pm On Nov 25, 2012
jennykadry:

Sagaamu is legally married to me. Stop jealousying us cheesy

haha jenny jealous kwa? Me ke,my lips are sealed befor mr jenny talk say na taryour the tatafo say wetin wetin dem no send am. I dey gentle oo. Anyways u both fit wella as couple. Eku igbadun oo..
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 25, 2012
chaircover:

[s]I dont know about you oooooo but the older I am getting the more I dey enjoy am o[/s] smiley embarassed

Tgirl, can you please pay attention to this post. We need her to explain further. It's a reality show after all. cool

Quoting for reference cool
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 25, 2012
Yeah ... I'm exhausted already from reading back and forth stuff.... sorry Agi if you feel offended.... I don't think cc has anything against you and if she ties she just said she doesn't up there.... can we just move on already?

I'm salivating to hear that man that was surrounded with sharks yesterday .... I don't think I'll ever say this Tee I nominate him( his name again undecided)

Get this show on the road already !!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

I Won’t Quit New Marriage, Woman Who Married Daughter’s Boyfriend Vows / Best Way to Punish Kids? / Mr Rilwan Adelanwa Is Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.