Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? - Romance (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? (70054 Views)

17 Things You'll Never Undstnd About Men No Matter How Long You've Been With 1! / For Real Men......(no Lady Should Peep Into This) / Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Kay17: 9:07am On Dec 22, 2012
Any man that chases a woman for more than 2 years is a stalker and emotional unstable and probably mentally unstable
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by andyanders: 9:08am On Dec 22, 2012
ChopUrMoni:

[size=14pt]
Pleep... You sound like a very bitter and angry man. I dont know what women have done to hurt you so badly. Have 5 things to say to you.
1. PLEASE stop talking about religion because your mindset is far from godly... dont disgrace God like this please! God is neither condemning or judgmental.
2. If you choose not to be respectful then comment elsewhere please. I do not appreciated being called a whoar. I have done nothing to warrant that label.
3. Even if i were a gold digger or a whoar, what is it to you
4. Even if you choose not to get married, remember that you have a mother and female relatives if you dont have sisters. Have some respect!

[/size]

You gave pleep the best answer to his attitude.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:09am On Dec 22, 2012
Well after suffering a terrible case of heart break and moving on, you'd learn some some bad lessons, put in place certain measures to ensure you're not vulnerable again and coupled with success in one's career (more $$$), the thought of chasing after a woman really stinks! Time could be spent doing some other constructive things instead of playing a dumb game of deception.
How much more self the women do the chasing theses days and its all about the money and seriously I ain't gonna be suckered
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by RonneyMister: 9:11am On Dec 22, 2012
Oh so dis is where d horses beg 2 be ridden?...truth is dat,u gurls form a lot n live in dis very disceptive n illusionary world of d so called cindarella,rapunzel n blah blah blah 4getin dat dose r animated n fictous,non realistic worlds.And den u gurls bring it in here.........wot do u gurls even take us guys 4?....as unidirectional beings who av notin else 2 do dan spend all our time,energy n resoources on u gurls?....haba...make una wake up na!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by CHIMSKY(m): 9:11am On Dec 22, 2012
ChopUrMoni: Have you ever played hide and seek? If you have, then you know that once the person has been found by the finder its not the end of the game. The person found must run and the finder would have to pursue until they have caught them. Then and only then is the the game over.

I have noticed a trend among a lot of men. They have become so lazy that they do not bother chasing the girl they love. The saying "ah... its just a girl, they are many more out there" and "she's playing hard to get, i cant be bothered and she's not the only beautiful girl out there anyway" have become so popular among men especially black men.

What happened to the value of chasing a woman? Why has it become so worthless and looked down upon. Would men of today have survived many years ago. Men in those days didn't complain when they pursued the girl they loved, in many cases suffered in the hands of the girls family and then paid a massive amount to have her as his wife. Today it's a lot easier yet men are not willing or should I say are too lazy to pursue the woman of their dreams. Oh i forgot... there are too many fishes in sea. Why bother right?

Men, we love to be pursued and conquered by you. Why do you all think the stories of Cinderella, Snow white, Rapunzel and the like are so loved by girls? They all had one thing in common. A prince who not only found them but also fought for them. Trust me we love to be chased and caught by you.

If you are not serious with the girl then don't bother. But, if you do love her don't allow you friends to push you to get over her after she has rejected you twice. Try a little harder than twicesmiley. I noticed white guys have always chased me fervently. But when it comes to black men, even though they profess to loving me so deeply they don't bother if i don't respond to them after a specific time. If any race of man on earth should know how to pursue a /+woman fervently until he captures her it should be a black man because thats what you fathers and grand fathers did. It's in your DNA smiley So now, what are you waiting for? Get started!
The truth is that many of us men now realize that the more money you have and are willing to throw around,the more girls will flock to you.
Chasing Girls is out ,Chasing Money is in!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by ChopUrMoni: 9:15am On Dec 22, 2012
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by 49cents(m): 9:21am On Dec 22, 2012
its sad and tragic that "love" is about money.....but the thing is a mature man will not use money to win a lady over...a man must be able to fend for himself and family but that alone is not all that makes a man a man.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by slevin1(m): 9:25am On Dec 22, 2012
Hakwana u wan make we dey pursue una wen we knw wetin una dey find, a successful guy. Love is blind bt una generation own don get microscope. Na y u dey bear name like "chopurmoni". Nw wit dat kain name, hw we wan cum waste time dey talk.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by timowale: 9:30am On Dec 22, 2012
on point bro!
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 22, 2012
For me o, I do get tired of somethings and i think i have become tired chasing ladies as a matter of fact i cant remember the last time i chyked a gurl. I only smile and every other thing falls in place.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by ChopUrMoni: 9:37am On Dec 22, 2012
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by ChopUrMoni: 9:37am On Dec 22, 2012
@slevin:
Hakwana u wan make we dey pursue una wen we knw wetin una dey find, a successful guy. Love is blind bt una generation own don get microscope. Na y u dey bear name like "chopurmoni". Nw wit dat kain name, hw we wan cum waste time dey talk.

[size=14pt]Dear... if i were a gold digger i would be the dumbest gold digger out there! Use your common sense please... Do you meet gold diggers that say "Hello my is Emma, I am a gold digger. Would you date me?". Its just name!!. If i were a gold digger do you think ill use that name Listen to all of you guys. You are all so cautious, some are even running. I am not stupid!! To use the name 'chopurmoni' and then expect that i will catch a guy. USE YOU COMMON SENSE PPL. That's NOT how it works. [/size]
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by bhouze(m): 9:42am On Dec 22, 2012
ChopUrMoni: Have you ever played hide and seek? If you have, then you know that once the person has been found by the finder its not the end of the game. The person found must run and the finder would have to pursue until they have caught them. Then and only then is the the game over.

I have noticed a trend among a lot of men. They have become so lazy that they do not bother chasing the girl they love. The saying "ah... its just a girl, they are many more out there" and "she's playing hard to get, i cant be bothered and she's not the only beautiful girl out there anyway" have become so popular among men especially black men.

What happened to the value of chasing a woman? Why has it become so worthless and looked down upon. Would men of today have survived many years ago. Men in those days didn't complain when they pursued the girl they loved, in many cases suffered in the hands of the girls family and then paid a massive amount to have her as his wife. Today it's a lot easier yet men are not willing or should I say are too lazy to pursue the woman of their dreams. Oh i forgot... there are too many fishes in sea. Why bother right?

Men, we love to be pursued and conquered by you. Why do you all think the stories of Cinderella, Snow white, Rapunzel and the like are so loved by girls? They all had one thing in common. A prince who not only found them but also fought for them. Trust me we love to be chased and caught by you.

If you are not serious with the girl then don't bother. But, if you do love her don't allow you friends to push you to get over her after she has rejected you twice. Try a little harder than twicesmiley. I noticed white guys have always chased me fervently. But when it comes to black men, even though they profess to loving me so deeply they don't bother if i don't respond to them after a specific time. If any race of man on earth should know how to pursue a woman fervently until he captures her it should be a black man because thats what you fathers and grand fathers did. It's in your DNA smiley So now, what are you waiting for? Get started!
no time to chase gals but na how to hammer bigger money
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 22, 2012
^^
Noted (ChopUrMoni's post) cool
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by amiskurie(m): 9:55am On Dec 22, 2012
Ans no1:cos what goes around comes around

Ans no2:cos everything damn changed.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Obinoscopy(m): 9:58am On Dec 22, 2012
An empty barrel (as per toaster) makes the loadest noise (as per toasting)

Girls shld know what they want and go for it! U mustnt be toasted 20 times by a guy to know he's meant for you.

Trust me I could be good when it comes to chasing ladies but the toasting/impressing/pursuing is done with my brain not my heart. A girl shld learn how to read my loving heart not my cunning brain
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by DEEBLEEMMA(m): 10:05am On Dec 22, 2012
Its in which dna......women go dey behave lik say dey no lik man....man go dey waste money and effort to get uns attention.....nw dat women ar more dan men u gals ar complainin dat we dnt chase.....shey wen we use to chase u gals didnt value it....nw dat there is shortage of men make una beta join oda gaks to chase us...cos if u dull ur on ur own..

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Sunbellar: 10:08am On Dec 22, 2012
CFCfan: ^^
Noted (ChopUrMoni's post) cool
Cfan, how was d election? Hope u later won. Where is my own kick back bc u know i voted for u! When do i send my account number?
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 22, 2012
Sunbellar: Cfan, how was d election? Hope u later won. Where is my own kick back bc u know i voted for u! When do i send my account number?

I didn't win, I came third. The kickback will be ready in 4 weeks time cool
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by ndtimmy(m): 10:30am On Dec 22, 2012
One major disadvantage women hv z dia perspective:dey live in a fictional world created by dia indulgence with romantic novels.d shallow minded rules, whc z dia guiding principle in relationships are so many and complicated dat dey hv bcom CONFUSED as 2 wat dey really want. So d guys who hold a SIMPLE view dat is not clouded with fairy-emotions always leave dem wit a REALITY CHECK. SO if u dig a guy,stick ur middle finger in d face of "playing hard 2 get"......YEAH ITS DAT SIMPLE
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by ReeOde(m): 10:50am On Dec 22, 2012
You definately like being chased, and you also like it if other women are being chased too.
But the question is: WHY SHOULD A WOMAN BE CHASED? Does it in anyway interpretes that the man (chasing after her) must have been seriously in love with her? Or it is PERFECT that way? Absolutely NO!

You make referrences of stories from the western world i.e Cinderella and the rest of that. Many would admit those were the perfect example of what love should be like, for those of them wanting to be chased. Interesting, emotional (and romantic) as they are, circumstances and doctrine had to make us realise how unfitting and imperfect they are. Have we not yet seen how bad their soceity is, in terms of breakups and divorces, dressings and the rest of it, and yet we still look up to them, of all chasings and Cinderellas.

From her profile, she looks beautiful. Should that be the reason why i should chase her for how long God knows, before she actually say yes?

A Woman is married upon four things, her Beauty, her Wealth, her Lineage, and her Piety (towards God). Going after the one with piety, and we will never have to chase them all about if only we are pious and of good manners too.

Women love being chased only if they consider it to be fun and to elevate their status of not been cheap to be with, not of any good importance. It doesn't portray love because it is not what it is until you are together, and the only way to assure yourself of not getting married to the wrong woman is marring the one who has piety. She will definately love you for the sake of God, because you love God too. And you both can easily mend your differences for the sake of God.

To conclusion, there is no point in chasing after You, well the society may accept it but there are some occassions when the society doesn't have to dictate for me how best i should thread life.

God knows best.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by cowboyvs(m): 10:51am On Dec 22, 2012
Women nowadays are so cheap that guyz see it as a waste of time, pursuing one for too long. Infact, bck then in sch, i kno of guys who met a gal 2nite and stil fvck her that same night. For me, pursuing a girl is no longer a big deal. If she is not interested, I WALK....
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Sunbellar: 10:53am On Dec 22, 2012
CFCfan:

I didn't win, I came third. The kickback will be ready in 4 weeks time cool

Third is a deserving position nah. Boy oh boy with all these your camaign, it no easy ooo. Quickly arrange my kick back and wire it to my account before i pray a bad prayer 4u and you take the last position. Lol!
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by tyson55(m): 10:57am On Dec 22, 2012
How true?

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 22, 2012
Sunbellar:

Third is a deserving position nah. Boy oh boy with all these your camaign, it no easy ooo. Quickly arrange my kick back and wire it to my account before i pray a bad prayer 4u and you take the last position. Lol!

Abeg oh, have mercy on me. With patience comes goodluck.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by cap28: 11:13am On Dec 22, 2012
pleep: Cap28 is good with the racial issues but other than that hes a mangina

guys like you are described as the walking wounded - women have trampled on your emotions so many times that you now try to overcompensate for the hurt and rage you are still carryign around inside by being a basta.rd to just about every woman you come across, you are permanently stuck on hatred and self pity. My advice to you is stop living in the past and start looking forward. there is no self respecting woman that will allow a man to treat her like a door mat - especially in the west, perhaps in nigeria it might happen because of the poverty that many women over there are trying to escape from. If you want a fulfilling and healthy relationship you have to work at it - acting like an ignorant thug and treating a woman like crap will only ensure that you keep going from one woman to another and never finding happiness or fulfillment.

it is a well known fact that men with low self esteem abuse women in order to make themselves feel powerful - it sounds like you might be one of them.

let me ask you a question - have you ever been in a happy and fulfilling relationship with a woman?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Sunbellar: 11:26am On Dec 22, 2012
CFCfan:

Abeg oh, have mercy on me. With patience comes goodluck.

Ok, accepted!
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by adigun65: 11:31am On Dec 22, 2012
WHY SHOULD DAT HAPPEN. I MET A LADY I LIKE IN OCTOBER LAST YEAR , TRAVELED TO P/H TO C HER BUT CLD NOT SHOW HER TRUE POSITION & SHE STILL WANT ME TO KEEP UP PURSUING HER ALL OVA D PLACE. I WILL RATHER KEEP 2 MYSELF DAN KEEP WASTING MINE TIME ON HER

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by cap28: 11:33am On Dec 22, 2012
shymexx:

Bro.,you know I always agree with you comments, however, I disagree with this comment... The above is only suitable for a select few - the rest of these chicken heads should be treated like anything... Don't waste your time trying to get to know these chics when the first thing they always ask is: "what car do you drive?" Like you're applying to be their driver, or something... Another thing is, when they ask you what you do for a living - and you tell them you work as a professional with a company, the next dumb question they always ask is if the company is massive company... Like the name of the company determines the wages... Most are just superficial with nothing whatsoever to offer - so, why waste your precious time on them??

The funny thing is that, while you're "trying to get to know them" - taking them to nice restaurants and driving them around like a cab driver, a riffraff(typically a 419er with lose change) is somewhere smashing their pum to smithereens... grin

Better watch out before you become a victim, bro... grin

bro - if you steer clear of airheads, bimbos and brain dead gold diggers you will rarely encounter this problem - try going for decent, educated girls who are doing something constructive with their lives, this is why the most successful relationships are usually between people who met while both in college - they both started out with nothing finnacially but shared common goals and dreams together, they probably went through the good and bad times and came through together. remember friendship should be the foudnation of every relationship - if you cant imagine having this woman as a friend but just a bed mate it will just be a matter of time before you get bored of the s.ex and the whole thing will just fizzle out. that facebook guy mark zuckerburg is a good example of what im talking about in terms of successful relationships - he married a girl he had dated all through college when they were both struggling students, the fact that he became a billionaire at the age of 25 didnt make him drop her for some brain dead bimbo why? because he had the maturity to understand that it is better to be with a woman you can relate to on all levels and have so much in common with than some gold digging skank that only sees you as an ATM machine.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by adim2(m): 11:37am On Dec 22, 2012
I would have loved to chase after women but i do i chase after a lady who is half naked on τ̲̅ђe street i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ τ̲̅ђe name of fashion? Or a lady that i have virtually seen everything precious by τ̲̅ђe cloths she wears. Or ♓☺w do i chase a lady who comes from a middle or poor background aπϑ uses ipad, touch 3 or even porch yet, she is not working aπϑ she is flaunting it at ♍ƺ. ♓☺w do Ɣøû expect ♍ƺ to chase after a lady who wants a rich, caring, intelligent, handsome, God-fearing, funny aπϑ loving guy aπϑ yet, she has nothing to offer ♍ƺ i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ return. Τ̲̅ђe value of our nigerian women A̶̲̥̅я̲̅é̸ degenerating aπϑ we guys A̶̲̥̅я̲̅é̸ just buying time. Money is now τ̲̅ђe major factor that determines 90% of relationship i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Sagamite(m): 11:42am On Dec 22, 2012
Kirusky4life: one tin i knw is that girls are like apples in a tree, while guys are the apple pluckers. Wen dey get to the apple tree, dey will see both the apples that are very good but very far from dem. And den another ones dat are near but not too good. Dey wl choose not to stress demsef geting that nice and far one, but rather go for the ones that are near and say ''let me just manage''. Den dose ones on top wll b feeling dejected and abandoned wdout even knowing dat dey r d best. So those apples wl just have to wait until a guy who is ready to risk everytin to get me wl come.

What an incredibly and immensely dumb analogy.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 22, 2012
Sagamite:

What an incredibly and immensely dumb analogy.

Infact, I thought it was a poem. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (28) (Reply)

My Experience Dating A High-value Woman. / Ladies, What Would You Do In This Situation? (Photo) / I Found Out My Girlfriend Had Sex With My Best Friend On The New Year Day. HELP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.