Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,955 members, 7,828,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? - Romance (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? (70134 Views)

17 Things You'll Never Undstnd About Men No Matter How Long You've Been With 1! / For Real Men......(no Lady Should Peep Into This) / Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Sagamite(m): 3:37pm On Dec 22, 2012
fellis:
Are the men themselves virgins?
What I don't understand is why men that are not virgins insist that women should be virgins before they will be able to marry them. The hypocrisy of some men is legendary.

Do men demand women have to approach them? Why would women demand men have to be the one to approach them?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 22, 2012
cap28:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sagamite has some serious acrobatic skills. grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 22, 2012
Sagamite:

Do men demand women have to approach them? Why would women demand men have to be the one to approach them?

So it is okay for the man to be a hypocrite because society expects him to be the one chasing the woman?
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Sagamite(m): 3:39pm On Dec 22, 2012
fellis:

Sagamite has some serious acrobatic skills. grin grin grin

So you know! grin

Avant garde sexologist! grin cool
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Sagamite(m): 3:40pm On Dec 22, 2012
fellis:

So it is okay for the man to be a hypocrite because society expects him to be the one chasing the woman?

Does that answer my question?

Is it not hypocritical (by your terms) to demand men approach you when you wouldn't approach men?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by uzoexcel(m): 3:43pm On Dec 22, 2012
u knack 4 head jare cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
luizworld:
grin Lol. No time
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by cap28: 3:43pm On Dec 22, 2012
Sagamite:

That is the convention that men and women have been following for years and that is the way normal society works - unless you want to tell me that your mum approached your dad and instigated their relationship - come to think of it, knowing my experiences with your mum that may well have been the case grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 22, 2012
Sagamite:

Does that answer my question?

Is it not hypocritical (by your terms) to demand men approach you when you wouldn't approach men?

See, many women myself including he he he, would like to chase guys that they like, but societal conditioning makes it seem like women that go after men are whores or are shameless. The consensus among the majority is that men are meant to chase women and to seek their hand in marriage form their fathers and to take them to the alter and all that.
This way of thinking is what prevents women form being able to make the first moves and that is why they want men to ask them instead.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Sagamite(m): 3:46pm On Dec 22, 2012
cap28:

That is the convention that men and women have been following for years and that is the way normal society works - unless you want to tell me that your mum approached your dad and instigated their relationship - come to think of it, knowing my experiences with your mum that may well have been the case grin grin grin grin

You are a liar. Your mother would have killed you if you ever gave the only deeck she ever gets to another female. grin

A crazy woman raises a crazy child. Adam Lanza proved it. grin
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Sagamite(m): 3:49pm On Dec 22, 2012
fellis:

See, many women myself including he he he, would like to chase guys that they like, but societal conditioning makes it seem like women that go after men are whores or are shameless. The consensus among the majority is that men are meant to chase women and to seek their hand in marriage form their fathers and to take them to the alter and all that.
This way of thinking is what prevents women form being able to make the first moves and that is why they want men to ask them instead.

So you come up with moronic excuses.

So what of the fact that evolutionary conditioning makes men seek a woman that only wants them and hence their spermatozoa does not have to compete?

And it is not consensus among majority that women should be chaste?

Cut the moronic feminist crap. This is not your bf cap28 you are debating with. I take no prisoners.

You talk about hypocrisy but yet you rant about one rule for women and another for men.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by uzoexcel(m): 3:49pm On Dec 22, 2012
@op; u cant blame us guys...i v chased a gurl who was playing hard-to-get only to find out she was seriously giving it to one toutish punk who alwayz maltreated her...

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by dickhardener: 3:50pm On Dec 22, 2012
kalufelix: u claim u dont knw the meanin of the ID yet u rephrased to smth dat is more suitable 4 yhu because p-square actually sang 'chop ma moni' nat 'chop ur moni'
by the way who spelt it 4 u without tellin u the meanin or did psquare sing the song with subtitle
mayb nat spelt correctly but dat statement contains 2 english words or is it the corrupt english(chop) dat u dont undastand

LIAR!!
Spectacular! She is phony, with a feigned attitude trying to cut across as some sophisticated girl. She continually twist and conflicts herself, went further to ask me if chop refers to cut, so slimy.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 22, 2012
Sagamite:
So you come up with moronic excuses.
So what of the fact that evolutionary conditioning makes men seek a woman that only wants them and hence their spermatozoa does not have to compete?

@bold,
When wiegraf mentioned this matter on the other thread he stated that the guy who proposed this theory was only postulating, he didn't say that there was conclusive evidence that men used to seek only women that want them. If you have found a site with conclusive evidence than please post the link.

And it is not consensus among majority that women should be chaste?
The consensus among majority should be that everyone should be chaste; both men and women. Asking that women maintain their chastity while men do whtever they please is just wrong and hypocritical and we should not support hypocrisy regardless of whether society approves of it or not.

Cut the moronic feminist crap. This is not your bf cap28 you are debating with. I take no prisoners.
You talk about hypocrisy but yet you rant about one rule for women and another for men.

I wasn't saying it is a rule for women, I was just saying that women act that way because of what society says.
I never said it is right or that it is the way we should all live.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Sagamite(m): 4:07pm On Dec 22, 2012
fellis:

@bold,
When wiegraf mentioned this matter on the other thread he stated that the guy who proposed this theory was only postulating, he didn't say that there was conclusive evidence that men used to seek only women that want them. If you have found a site with conclusive evidence than please post the link.

wiegraf? The person?

Are you having a laff!

fellis:
The consensus among majority should be that everyone should be chaste; both men and women. Asking that women maintain their chastity while men do whtever they please is just wrong and hypocritical and we should not support hypocrisy regardless of whether society approves of it or not.

I wasn't saying it is a rule for women, I was just saying that women act that way because of what society says.
I never said it is right or that it is the way we should all live.

Cut the moronic crap!

Who are you chatting shyt with?

In which society have you seen a majority consensus that men have to be chaste? How many societies does not celebrate and tolerate men having multiple partners and yet condemn women to have none or few?

You make up this moronic shyt as you go along?

Don't bring your feminist crap shyt here.

If a man does not want to approach women, some women would tell him to "fck off then". Fair enough.

If a woman does not want to be chaste, some men would tell her to "fck off then". Fair enough.

Don't come with that foolish women's interest, and advantage for women, arguments.

Women should have choices and it is just, but when men have it is hypocrisy.

Fcking wash your brain off that imbalance and bias arguments.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by kaboninc(m): 4:25pm On Dec 22, 2012
ChopUrMoni: Have you ever played hide and seek? If you have, then you know that once the person has been found by the finder its not the end of the game. The person found must run and the finder would have to pursue until they have caught them. Then and only then is the the game over.

I have noticed a trend among a lot of men. They have become so lazy that they do not bother chasing the girl they love. The saying "ah... its just a girl, they are many more out there" and "she's playing hard to get, i cant be bothered and she's not the only beautiful girl out there anyway" have become so popular among men especially black men.

What happened to the value of chasing a woman? Why has it become so worthless and looked down upon. Would men of today have survived many years ago. Men in those days didn't complain when they pursued the girl they loved, in many cases suffered in the hands of the girls family and then paid a massive amount to have her as his wife. Today it's a lot easier yet men are not willing or should I say are too lazy to pursue the woman of their dreams. Oh i forgot... there are too many fishes in sea. Why bother right?

Men, we love to be pursued and conquered by you. Why do you all think the stories of Cinderella, Snow white, Rapunzel and the like are so loved by girls? They all had one thing in common. A prince who not only found them but also fought for them. Trust me we love to be chased and caught by you.

If you are not serious with the girl then don't bother. But, if you do love her don't allow you friends to push you to get over her after she has rejected you twice. Try a little harder than twicesmiley. I noticed white guys have always chased me fervently. But when it comes to black men, even though they profess to loving me so deeply they don't bother if i don't respond to them after a specific time. If any race of man on earth should know how to pursue a woman fervently until he captures her it should be a black man because thats what you fathers and grand fathers did. It's in your DNA smiley So now, what are you waiting for? Get started!

I think you've not even started yet. Let's start with fairy tales. In these fictitious worlds, does Cinderella gives a 'specific time' frame before actually saying 'yes'? Secondly they are drawn by what they see from these guys. Also note that these are fairy tales. though capture some real world events but tailored to one direction. The happy ever after ending. These stories are creative works of arts. Someone trying to tell a story. A love story. And no matter how well written these stories are, life is still more complex.

I personally love chasing ladies. Like going after them. Like an adventure. But unlike these fairy tales, life has its effect on them and they drift from the part they are suppose to play. Some are so beautiful but their reply to an innocent 'hi' whittles down any hope of continuing the chase. Because you even said it, not with a thought of chasing but mere friendship, she already has drawn up an image of what you 'want'. And the next is history.

My point, if you ladies still want the chase, the adventure, then act like Cinderella or Fiona. Then I'll be the Shrek!
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 22, 2012
fellis:

Religion has thought men to believe that they are superior to women. . .

What arrant nonsense! Stop spewing ignorant on this thread.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by legendprac(m): 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2012
1920MaMa:

you mean you expect a guy to pursue a lady for 1yr in this generation where 7 women are holding unto one man to marry them? if you see a man that has all the qualities you desire in a man, why play hard to get? wat if you loose him in the process? on the other hand, if a guy does not meet your standard, why waste his time? until we realize that not all relationships must end in marriage, we still have a long way to go, relationship-wise.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by legendprac(m): 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2012
1920MaMa:

you mean you expect a guy to pursue a lady for 1yr in this generation where 7 women are holding unto one man to marry them? if you see a man that has all the qualities you desire in a man, why play hard to get? wat if you loose him in the process? on the other hand, if a guy does not meet your standard, why waste his time? until we realize that not all relationships must end in marriage, we still have a long way to go, relationship-wise.

Just love this... Well said
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by pleep(m): 5:47pm On Dec 22, 2012
I think its possible to get really really angry at Nigerian women in general without ever being emotionally hurt by one in real life. The internet alone turned me from a dude who used to 'praise black women' into a man who is absolutely dissapointed with them. Once you get enough information you will realize that they are not victims and are just as bad as the men are, if not worse.

As for what cap28 was saying, it has some truth to it but its not the rule. The worst i have ever been 'hurt' by a women was being put in the friend-zone in highschool. I haven't been put through the tribulations most of these other men have. The key factor is information, when you look at the dating scene with a developed sense of logic and reasoning skills it will annoy you. Any intelligent man looking at this post should be angry, in the OP's mind its ok for multiple men to show her love with gifts and money while she disregards their feelings and emotions. Basically she wants us to treat her like a diamond while she treats us like dirt. Does that seem fair to you?

Thats the problem with manginas, they have a female belief system and thought process while still having masculine chivalry. That is how blatantly unfair laws like the child support system got passed

and cap28, have you ever wondered why so many of our Nigerian brothers are angry? I bet ur single mother never told you that wink
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by ouagadougou(m): 5:54pm On Dec 22, 2012
ChopUrMoni: Why do you all think the stories of Cinderella, Snow white, Rapunzel and the like are so loved by girls? They all had one thing in common. A prince who not only found them but also fought for them. Trust me we love to be chased and caught by you...

Yeah, sure! What about Alice-in-Wonderland? grin grin
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by jarkata(m): 5:55pm On Dec 22, 2012
on a good day:
when a girl is worth chasing, she would be chased...how can can one be chasing a girl for a while only for him to learn that mr A,B and C has slept with her b4...imagine the disapointment
i chased my girl for about three years while in school, she is 25 now, a pharmacist and still a virgin. Up till now i never regreted chasing her, because she was worth the chase
on a good day:
when a girl is worth chasing, she would be chased...how can can one be chasing a girl for a while only for him to learn that mr A,B and C has slept with her b4...imagine the disapointment
i chased my girl for about three years while in school, she is 25 now, a pharmacist and still a virgin. Up till now i never regreted chasing her, because she was worth the chase
on a good day:
who told u she is a virgin?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Bamz(m): 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2012
caesaraba: Isn't it obvious? Just chase after success and the girls chase after you. Strategy devised by men who have seen so much nonsense in the course of pursuing women.

Wow... This is directed at me o. *sighs Rhema!
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Sagamite(m): 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2012
pleep: I think its possible to get really really angry at Nigerian women in general without ever being emotionally hurt by one in real life. This forum alone turned me from a dude who used to 'praise black women' into a man who absolutely detests them. lol, the worst ppl on Nairaland are all black women.

As for what cap28 was saying, it has some truth to it but its not the rule. The worst i have ever been 'hurt' by a women was being put in the friend-zone in highschool. I haven't been put through the tribulations most of these other men have. The key factor is information, when you look at the dating scene with a developed sense of logic and reasoning skills it will annoy you. Any intelligent man looking at this post should be angry, in the OP's mind its ok for multiple men to show her love with gifts and money while she disregards their feelings and emotions. Basically she wants us to treat her like a diamond while she treats us like dirt. Does that seem fair to you?

Thats the problem with manginas, they have a female belief system and thought process while still having masculine chivalry. That is how blatantly unfair laws like the child support system got passed

and cap28, have you ever wondered why so many of our Nigerian brothers are angry? I bet ur single mother never told you that wink

The whole "you have been hurt by women and you are bitter and can't forgive" is suppose to be an indirect attack at your masculinity so you keep quiet and stop complaining about the obvious.

When it comes to psychology, I am smarter than these foools and they can never win in that.

Manginas hardly get any action. If they are lucky to get and are not thrown in friend zone where they can be utilised as praise-singers, it is the few leftover of Alpha Males, or the ugly insecure girls, they get. And they work harder and longer for even those inferior batch.

Women will always be women. Part of the fundamental of this being a woman is "emotional, inconsistency, illogical, selfish and wanting a challenge". Be a cretin and convince yourself they are not what they are while kissing their arsse OR be dumb to not know "never believe what they say, believe what they do". That is your moronic wahala.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 22, 2012
@ cap28

Forgive me for interfering in your little lively debate with Sagamite, but I can't help but notice that the contentious debate started after Sagamite asked you to provide proof for a claim you presented as fact.

This is a trend I see on NL everyday; someone claims a statement as fact, another asks him(or her) to present evidence to corroborate the claim; surprisingly, the former starts to insult the latter. Why is this always so?

Never present as facts that which cannot be verified and never present as facts that which are primarily your opinions and experiences.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Rossikk(m): 6:34pm On Dec 22, 2012
No serious guy in this day and age should waste his time 'chasing' any girl. As for me, if at my very first approach she doesn't show interest or reciprocate my niceness, na goodbye be dat. Who get time?
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by cantell(m): 6:41pm On Dec 22, 2012
kalufelix: u claim u dont knw the meanin of the ID yet u rephrased to smth dat is more suitable 4 yhu because p-square actually sang 'chop ma moni' nat 'chop ur moni'
by the way who spelt it 4 u without tellin u the meanin or did psquare sing the song with subtitle
mayb nat spelt correctly but dat statement contains 2 english words or is it the corrupt english(chop) dat u dont undastand

LIAR!!
No mind am! Na so some people dey take lie!
"Chop" is in the dictionary and yet she claims she doesn't know what it is.
See Mgbeke forming ajibota! God go punish you there!
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 22, 2012
So this thread is still on?....

Girls -> you have your answer, we don't like chasing!
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by ripo(m): 6:55pm On Dec 22, 2012
freecocoa: And this your comment is supposed to insinuate what exactly?
Meaning d op isnt talking of u having a lot of toasters, but serious minded guys who do anything 2 get u over a lengthy period of time, not minding ur 'yanga'. Nobody cares if a thousand guys toast u a wk on 'try ur luck' basis.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Xflint(m): 7:05pm On Dec 22, 2012
Why should gals make it a hell for us? I ask WHY?

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by elampiro(m): 7:16pm On Dec 22, 2012
I can't believe this thing went on to 23 pages. I left when it was on page 8.

The OP should also realise that in those days, women were virgins or it was almost certain that you are chasing a chaste/fresh woman. If she keeps you for 7 years, you eventually end up being the first person entering her. Nowadays, if a girl is playing hard on you, she is may most probably be having at least someone else she 'deposits' her emotions. So the waiting guy is the mugu.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by 401kk: 7:19pm On Dec 22, 2012
the dating game has changed since.
Feminism, the media, technology and some other factors has changed mens perceptions and outlook in dating and relationships. In the next generation, chasing, wooing, dating, relationships. . . will be championed by the womenfolk.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

7 Advantages Of Abstinence From Sex For Men / Ladies, What Would You Do In This Situation? (Photo) / 10 Hilarious Cliches Nigerian Men Often Use To Woo A Lady- By Tosyne2much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.