Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? (20670 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 7:13am On Dec 29, 2012
Zikkyy:

Unbelievable! You guys just pick the bible, turns it upside down before you read it. Only the woman that is frustrated with life can curse the day she was born! No need to curse, the most appropriate thing to do is to hang yourself angry that way you Will not remember the day you were born. Am sure your brothers ijawkid & truthislight have been cursing the day they were born as well.

my friend you talk with less understanding wisdom and love for Yahweh.

For a world that satan has shattered Yahweh's plans in eden and has brought on death and suffering and has called Yahweh "aliar" you sure do have alot to celebrate about abi ?

Instead of being born into eternal life you are born into a world with sin, pains and suffering and death, bearing in mind that Adam you father was driven out of Yahweh's face in Eden, do you see why the exit from satan's world is a relief? Yes, waiting on Yahweh's new world?

But you with lack of knowledge see like an ant that is stuck on honey cant see things from yehwahs point of views that satan has made mess of this world and has been an insult to Yahweh and Yahweh's plans.

But you are busy celebrating satan and his Demons lies like his worshpers do.

Why do you think that a woman in israel on giving birth is unclean?

Why was there a need for a sin offering for the new born?

My friend, Yahweh's principles are lost on you guys and it is a disgrace that you call yourselves "christians"

You guys have some serious thinking and meditation to do.

That satan used a pope that is completely out of tune with Yahweh's principle you think it is right to closed your eyes to the facts abi?

"It is the flies that does not take advice that follows the copes into the grave"

the principle of Yahweh shows that the birth of a child into this sinful world makes one unclean, this realisation has been the guiding principle for servant of Yahweh, while servant of satan celebrate it.

^^^ on whose side are you?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 7:18am On Dec 29, 2012
Zikkyy:

What manner of logic is this? If you are leaving the house and you tell your children please always remember to keep the doors locked (for security reasons). Is that to say they cannot eat, or they cannot watch the television? Maybe your children will be telling themselves, we should not be doing our homework because the only command daddy left behind is for us to keep the doors locked.

keep on celebrating your sinful state in birthday celebrtion like the pegan satan worshpers then and wait for Yahweh's blessing.
Peace
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 7:30am On Dec 29, 2012
Why do you think that a woman in israel on giving birth is unclean?

Why was there a need for a sin offering for the new born?
Common. That is the jewish tradition so it doesnt hold water in this arguement. Or do you care to explain why women become unclean after having her periods or why a man becomes unclean when he sleeps with a woman that is having her periods. It more about the jewish tradition. Except if you still want to tell me that "your women" becomes unclean after child birth.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 7:33am On Dec 29, 2012
But you are busy celebrating satan and his Demons lies like his worshpers do.
Plz stop accusing somebody of what (s)he didnt do. Have you ever seen her/him celebrating satan?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 7:36am On Dec 29, 2012
ijawkid:
If there are aCcounts of servants of God that celebrated there birthdays can you quietly show plapville rather than make comments like the above??.............

Why ask unnecessary question? I don't recall telling plappville or you that the Jews organized parties on their birthdays, so why do you want scriptural evidence?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 7:38am On Dec 29, 2012
That satan used a pope that is completely out of tune with Yahweh's principle you think it is right to closed your eyes to the facts abi?
Except if you are the pope that the satan used. How did you know that a pope was used by the satan? and what makes you feel that satan didnt use your own people.
What baffles me is that you guys speak with so much confident about what satan/pagan/demons did as if you were there when satan was doing it. Or are you the satan in question.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 7:40am On Dec 29, 2012
ijawkid:
Several biblical reasons has been given why no Servant of God starting from abel to the apostles observed there own birthdays let alone the birthdays of others

Other than the opinion of Russell (i think that's his name), you guys are yet to show scriptural proof. I cannot take the opinion of the founder of your organization as scriptural evidence you know.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 7:42am On Dec 29, 2012
do you see why the exit from satan's world is a relief? Yes, waiting on Yahweh's new world?
Then why not die now so that you will have that relief.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 7:43am On Dec 29, 2012
ijawkid:
Plapville has been correct and will always be..........

This is your personal opinion.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 7:44am On Dec 29, 2012
satan has made mess of this world and has been an insult to Yahweh and Yahweh's plans.
Tell that to those who gave their life to satan... As for me, its only God that i worship/serve.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 7:45am On Dec 29, 2012
Rich4god:
LOL... Is this not the same pharoah who's birthday you guys cited as an example of pagan practice cos he is a pagan. Now what has a servant of God (Joseph)have in common with a pagan and why will he accept a gift from pagans knowing fully well that the gift was made by pagans. I thought servants of God are suppose to keep away from anything that has to do with paganism. grin grin

Can you imagine? Joseph accepting a pagan ring already dedicated to a pagan god grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 7:50am On Dec 29, 2012
Rich4god:
Really... Are you trying to say that the were not happy that God brought them into this world or what...plz explain.

Plappville is not happy to be alive, she has been cursing the day she was born. I hope she never fight her parents for bringing her to this demon & sin infested world. I wonder what she is still doing hanging around undecided

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 7:51am On Dec 29, 2012
truthlyt: My friend, Yahweh's principles are lost on you guys and it is a disgrace that you call yourselves "christians"
Which of the principle are you talking about? Is it the principle that your founder set, or God's principle.
I was born a christian, i am christian, and will alway a proud christian and not even you can change it. If you like, call me a disgrace i dont care, the early christians were called more names than this.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 7:57am On Dec 29, 2012
truthislight:

keep on celebrating your sinful state in birthday celebrtion like the pegan satan worshpers then and wait for Yahweh's blessing.
Peace
I celebrate my birthday to thank God for keeping me alive just like i celebrated my success in school after passing out from the university. And mind you, am not doing it because pagans did it.
the principle of Yahweh shows that the birth of a child into this sinful world makes one unclean, this realisation has been the guiding principle for servant of Yahweh, while servant of satan celebrate it.
Yea... yea... yea... Now i can see that satan gave angels the command to rejoice when Christ was born. Do you mind telling me why angels didnt curse the day christ was born.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 8:09am On Dec 29, 2012
You think that your gift of speech and writhing should be used in twisting what has been written in God's word the bible abi?

Rich4god:
Common. That is the jewish tradition

^^
yes, like our inheriting sin from Adam is also a "jewish tradition"
lol.

You can keep deceiving your self for all i care.

Let him that has an ear hears what what is writing in the bible as a principle for us.

Rich4god:
so it doesnt hold water in this arguement.

yes, Adamic sin "does not hold water" for you and the ransom of Jesus christ is lost on you since it is still on that priciple that the ransom came.

A new born makes a woman unclean for an inherited sin into the world you say it does not hold because of a birth day celebration.
Smh.

Rich4god:
Or do you care to explain why women become unclean after having her periods

you did not ask me to explained the other one that you had said it does not hold why ask me to explain this one then?

Will you not still through away my explanation?

You are on your own.

Rich4god:
It more about the jewish tradition.

to you every thing about the laws of Yahweh to the Jews is mere edition and does not concern you.

Adam's sin was also a Jewish tradition then.

Rich4god:
"your women"[/color] becomes unclean after child birth.

since that relate to the inherited sin of Adam i belief the value of Jesus ransom sacrifice is constantly being applied to her for cleansing one for all times
my friend, Rich4god. You lied on Yahweh's priciple of sin offering for the new born, let me explain why you lied.
>
>
there was an annual sin offering done by the high priest on behalf of the whole nation of Israel yearly.

The new Born usual was not a beneficiary to this yearly sin offering since the child was not born yet into the world.
so, when the new born comes into the world it was necessary to do a child specific sin offering for the new born children to keep the nation clean from the inherited Adamic sin that the new born came with into the world so that Yahweh can still keep relating to the whole nation without considering the Adamic sin for that year.

By the next year, the new born will benefit from the general sin offering from the whole nation of Israel...

Stop lying and twisting so that i will not call you "rich4satan"
peace
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 8:18am On Dec 29, 2012
Rich4god:

ok, i will die out of this satan's ruled world one day if God's kingdom does not come in my life time.

But i hope that you, after all this celebration of your birthday will lived forever in this satan ruled world and continue to celebrate Chrismas and your birthday, if not, i pity you for your wested effort in futility.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 8:20am On Dec 29, 2012
truthislight:
my friend you talk with less understanding wisdom and love for Yahweh.

For a world that satan has shattered Yahweh's plans in eden and has brought on death and suffering and has called Yahweh "aliar" you sure do have alot to celebrate about abi ?

Instead of being born into eternal life you are born into a world with sin, pains and suffering and death, bearing in mind that Adam your father was driven out of Yahweh's face in Eden, do you see why the exit from satan's world is a relief? Yes, waiting on Yahweh's new world?

But you with limited knowledge sees like an ant that is stuck on honey cant see things from yehwahs point of views that satan has made mess of this world and has been an insult to Yahweh and Yahweh's plans.

You are in Satan's world and you probably invested in education to boost your chances of surviving in it. You are in Satan's world, you are hustling looking for job, contract/business, invests in heavy-duty prayer sessions for financial success, you are in Satan's world you dey chase woman around, you want to marry. You are in Satan's world you enter bar give yourself a treat (or you rather treat yourself at home), it Satan's world, you want to dress nice, look good (even plappville was fighting over right to use beauty/make-up accessories the other time), you want to ride nice cars, nice house, get yourself a nice computer or tablet and post on NL angry it only when it comes to Christmas that you remember you are waiting for a new world. I hope if that new world meet you here you will be dressed just as Adam & eve were on the garden (na.ked) okay maybe you would have sown something (with fig leaves) to cover the part of the body you don't want the ladies to see grin

My brother stop deceiving yourself.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 8:23am On Dec 29, 2012
truthislight:
on whose side are you?

On God's side ofcourse grin where do you expect I will be?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 8:28am On Dec 29, 2012
truthislight:
keep on celebrating your sinful state in birthday celebrtion like the pegan satan worshpers

This is your opinion.

truthislight:
wait for Yahweh's blessing.
Peace

Thanks. I don't need to wait because I have been receiving in abundance smiley
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 8:29am On Dec 29, 2012
Rich4god:
Common. That is the jewish tradition so it doesnt hold water in this arguement. Or do you care to explain why women become unclean after having her periods or why a man becomes unclean when he sleeps with a woman that is having her periods. It more about the jewish tradition. Except if you still want to tell me that "your women" becomes unclean after child birth.

It's what Russell wanted them to believe grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 8:33am On Dec 29, 2012
Rich4god:
Except if you are the pope that the satan used. How did you know that a pope was used by the satan?

Because that's what Russell told them; that Satan used the pope grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 8:38am On Dec 29, 2012
Rich4god:

Good question. Lol! grin he can fasttrack the process grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 29, 2012
Rich4god:
Which of the pagan practice did xmas retain.

The practices have been stated since beginning of this thread:

The use of tree
The exchange of gifts on that day
Wreath (became Christmas Wreath)
Light decorations
Santa

All above were copied from pagan celebrations Saturnalia and Yule, from which Chrismas got it's date and even nickname (Yuletide).

So, here's my question again, before it's lost in distractions:

So, are you saying it's ok to pick a Sango worship festival, give it a Christian name while retaining the practices used by the Sango worshipers, right? And this, even though God expressly forbade His worshipers from copying pagan religious practices?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by true2god: 8:39am On Dec 29, 2012
plappville:

What link do you want? The head of this thread has no link to present to you, I created my thread just like u wrote the above, and you are here saying its copy and paste? There are links you will enjoy, those with pictures. Sure will I give you their source . But not until you go bk to 01 of this thread and treat those questions I asked first, you will get no link. grin I am proud to have desisted from lieing to my Kids that Christ birthday was 25th Dec. Stop these lies and live a free life in Christ!

Am on phone, I may not answer other of ur post. It hurts my finger aieee! grin
Ya i understand ur tot wella on the reason for creating dis thread, that is condemnin xtainity to idol worship, irrespectiv of the angle u wanna take. Look at the topic:christian, can u trace the history of ur festival?

The point here is dis, the founding fathers of JW, frm Russel and Rutherford, all celebrated xmas (go check ur history my sista). R u tellin me dat, according to ur present light, dat ur founding fathers will not ressurect afta 'armagedon'? And it is based on their doctrinal foundation that the present JW spring. Pls dnt be funny jooor.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 8:40am On Dec 29, 2012
truthislight: You think that your gift of speech and writhing should be used in twisting what has been written in God's word the bible abi?
yes, like our inheriting sin from Adam is also a "jewish tradition"
lol.
You can keep deceiving your self for all i care.
Let him that has an ear hears what what is writing in the bible as a principle for us.
yes, Adamic sin "does not hold water" for you and the ransom of Jesus christ is lost on you since it is still on that priciple that the ransom came.
A new born makes a woman unclean for an inherited sin into the world you say it does not hold because of a birth day celebration.
Smh.
you did not ask me to explained the other one that you had said it does not hold why ask me to explain this one then?
Will you not still through away my explanation?
You are on your own.
to you every thing about the laws of Yahweh to the Jews is mere edition and does not concern you.
Adam's sin was also a Jewish tradition then.
since that relate to the inherited sin of Adam i belief the value of Jesus ransom sacrifice is constantly being applied to her for cleansing one for all times

my friend, Rich4god. You lied on Yahweh's priciple of sin offering for the new born, let me explain why you lied.
there was an annual sin offering done by the high priest on behalf of the whole nation of Israel yearly.
The new Born usual was not a beneficiary to this yearly sin offering since the child was not born yet into the world.
so, when the new born comes into the world it was necessary to do a child specific sin offering for the new born children to keep the nation clean from the inherited Adamic sin that the new born came with into the world so that Yahweh can still keep relating to the whole nation without considering the Adamic sin for that year.
By the next year, the new born will benefit from the general sin offering from the whole nation of Israel...
Stop lying and twisting so that i will not call you "rich4satan"
peace
Did you see why i said that you are been selective in your judgement. You tend to believe what suits you and do away with what you feel is not in line with your believe. Now take a look at the bolded. You believe that Jesus ransom sacrifice is being applied to present day women. But why is it that we still have to go through baptism to cleanse us from Adamic sin, why didnt Jesus sacrifice apply to everyone once and for all.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 8:43am On Dec 29, 2012
Rich4god:
.. Now i can see that satan gave angels the command to rejoice when Christ was born. Do you mind telling me why angels didnt curse the day christ was born.

Another good question that will be ignored as expected grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by true2god: 8:43am On Dec 29, 2012
plappville:

Only when you are guilty will your mind be worried when you are accessed. By the way, where is the link/source of the above.... ?

I have told you, go and creat an Olympic and earring thread. You be talent to derail thread, I don't want to engage in these ur subjects. They are very interesting, but should be discussed else where. Thank you.
I see norring wrong with information sharing. U can decide not to share if some of the write-ups contradict some of ur beliefs. I understand u vry well on d reason u don wanna provide the source of ur 'research'.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by true2god: 8:45am On Dec 29, 2012
plappville:

Who dey hid under pagan feast in the name of Christ birth here? Who gives Demons glory ignorantly? Plz.... Go to page 01 and treat those question. Thank you.
Wat is the difference between Dec 25 and the yr 1914. Pot callin kettle black.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by true2god: 8:47am On Dec 29, 2012
ijawkid:

Have I not answered this useless question before??.........YES the olympics still remains what it is....pagan!!!!!.......let's be truthfull to ourselves.........you guys have acted so jejune....just because enough evidence has been given to show the fraud xmas is you switch the topic to olympics and wedding gown.....smh!!!!!!..............is it not a shame??.........xmas has been debunked from all corners....the bible,history and what have you.....instead of you guys to be humble and allign your trained conbsciences to the truth you are here playing ten ten............

The OLYMPICS is pagan...I've answered It before and here it is again.....
I like ur being straight-forward in ur judgement, unlike thruthislite. Even as i disagree with u dat olympic event has norring to do with idol worship, i like ur response.

Truthislight pls learn frm ijawman.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 8:52am On Dec 29, 2012
TroGunn:

The practices have been stated since beginning of this thread:

The use of tree
The exchange of gifts on that day
Wreath (became Christmas Wreath)
Light decorations
Santa

All above were copied from pagan celebrations Saturnalia and Yule, from which Chrismas got it's date and even nickname (Yuletide).

So, here's my question again, before it get's lost in distractions:

So, are you saying it's ok to pick a Sango worship festival, give it a Christian name while retaining the practices used by the Sango worshipers, right? And this, even though God expressly forbade His worshipers from copying pagan religious practices?
All those things you mentioned above, are more of decoration or are they used for worship during chritmas. If you go to banks and other institution, you will see christmas tree/lights etc decorated within/inside their premises. They equally present gifts to their staff. Santa clause are usualy seen with children at amusement parks fun filled areas. Except if you want to conclude that any place christmass tree is seen, then that place is a place of pagan worship.
@Bolded... I still didnt see any pagan practice that you are talking about. Did you see any christian going to any shrine to worship any idol or have you by chance heard any christian singing and shouting "all hail sango ota" on christmass day. Or are you trying to say that because sango ota worshippers wore cloths to their shrine to worship sango ota, so we christian shouldnt wear cloth to worship God.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 8:55am On Dec 29, 2012
truthislight:
my friend,

You don talk am! Now we know that Jesus ransom sacrifice cleases us one time for all times, why can't we party, ehn? grin

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by true2god: 9:04am On Dec 29, 2012
ijawkid:

Have I not answered this useless question before??.........YES the olympics still remains what it is....pagan!!!!!.......let's be truthfull to ourselves.........you guys have acted so jejune....just because enough evidence has been given to show the fraud xmas is you switch the topic to olympics and wedding gown.....smh!!!!!!..............is it not a shame??.........xmas has been debunked from all corners....the bible,history and what have you.....instead of you guys to be humble and allign your trained conbsciences to the truth you are here playing ten ten............

The OLYMPICS is pagan...I've answered It before and here it is again.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (29) (Reply)

Pastor Saves Almost N2 Million In His Piggy Bank (Video) / How To Understand Mathew 10:34 / Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.