Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... (12445 Views)

Questions About Religion For The Deep Thinker / Can You Change Your Present Religion For $50.....??? / Religion For Atheists. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Ah so Mao is no longer an atheist or you are no longer an atheist? Which is it?

I just said that mao and stalin are atheists. What is wrong with you? How do you reach these crazy conclusions?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

That is the paradox we have. The beginning of the beginning. You can keep tracing back time to an infinite regress in theory but as in the big bang model, we see that we can only trace the expansion of the universe to a finite time in the past.
We accept that we dont know past this point.
Lol. Here we go again.
You didn't answer any question.
You don't know that once you claim you don't know the past prior the big bang, you're already admitting that their was a past.
I find your statement contradictory. While on one hand you posit the big b.ang is the beginning of all beginnings, on the otherhand you also claim their was a past we don't know. How do you plead?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 1:17pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

I just said that mao and stalin are atheists. What is wrong with you? How do you reach these crazy conclusions?
Good so we are in agreement. They are your atheist brothers.

All three of you have the same goal which is to see religion come to an end, the only difference is that while you are content to tell lies and verbally abuse people, they take it a step further by actually killing them.....after all, your Atheism has no moral code to tell you when you how far is too far.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

You had to go to times before you were born to bash atheism, all I have to look at is present day to see the nonsense your religion is doing.

go back in times , lol . Does the 20th century sound like times ago to you grin

Oh , wait , what about China today and many horrendous things that happen ( but are hidden ) such as forced abortions, extra judicial killings, impoverishment of the masses, forced and child labor etc. Is this your dream world of atheism.

Better go and live in North Korea, you will excel better in such societies.

2 Likes

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 03, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. Here we go again.
You didn't answer any question.
You don't know that once you claim you don't know past the point the big b.ang began, you're already admitting that their was a past.
I find your statement contradictory. While on one hand you posit the big b.ang is the beginning of all beginnings, on the otherhand you also claim their is a past we don't know. How do you plead?

Your problem is not with the big bang but with grammar.

If the big bang is the beginning of time and space, clearly it is going to be difficult if not impossible to know what comes before time.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by larride(m): 1:20pm On Jan 03, 2013
Science has been looking for a very important answer to a question for over some century now.

WHERE DO WE COME FROM?

We are not robot.
How is it that we have breath which means life.
Or should we all agree that we evolve from APE logicboy grin, if that's the case, who created those apes? Science keeps looking for answers and all it keeps getting is questions upon questions.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by larride(m): 1:24pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

If the big bang is the beginning of time and space, clearly it is going to be difficult if not impossible to know what comes before time.

Accepted, a big slam occured, then after that what happened? What created us? Or are we a product of atoms and matters?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Lol. I've edited the post.
You are confusing and contradicting yourself.
The problem for now is not about the difficulty that will be experienced in the course of digging the past. Our problem is, you claim the big b.ang is the beginning and also a 'past' came before it.
Let me rephrase the question for you. Can the beginning of all beginnings have a past?

1 Like

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 1:28pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

Oh , wait , what about China today and many horrendous thinks that happen ( but are hidden ) such as forced abortions, extra judicial killings, improverishment of the masses, forced and child labour etc. Is this your dream world of atheism.

Don't mind the guy. He can't live in an atheist country. He wants to enjoy the separation of church and state propounded by a Christian thinker but at the same time he wants to use it to fight Christianity and propagate his atheism. . . . . .Similar to the muslims who run away from the harsh conditions of Islamic countries like Iran but want to use the same benefits of freedom of religion to propagate Islam in Britain.

2 Likes

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Don't mind the guy. He can't live in an atheist country. He wants to enjoy the separation of church and state propounded by a Christian thinker but at the same time he wants to use it to fight Christianity and propagate his atheism. . . . . .Similar to the muslims who run away from the harsh conditions of Islamic countries like Iran but want to use the same benefits of freedom of religion to propagate Islam in Britain.

absolutely agree !
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

Oh , wait , what about China today and many horrendous things that happen ( but are hidden ) such as forced abortions, extra judicial killings, impoverishment of the masses, forced and child labor etc. Is this your dream world of atheism.

Fail.

Is that why your religious brethren in Nigeria run to china to survive?

China has some serious human rights abuses but remains better and more advanced than most religious countries.

North Korea is creation of the USA

1 Like

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 03, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. I've edited the post.
You are confusing and contradicting yourself.
The problem for now is not about the difficulty that will be experienced in the course of digging the past. Our problem is, you claim the big b.ang is the beginning and also a 'past' came before it.
Let me rephrase the question for you. Can the beginning of all beginnings have a past?

Where did I claim that a past came before it
Logicboy03:

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:

Sweden, Norway, Japan.

We can look at the most peaceful countries and see that they are queite secular.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 03, 2013
larride: Science has been looking for a very important answer to a question for over some century now.

WHERE DO WE COME FROM?

We are not robot.
How is it that we have breath which means life.
Or should we all agree that we evolve from APE logicboy grin, if that's the case, who created those apes? Science keeps looking for answers and all it keeps getting is questions upon questions.

Where do I start with this ignorance?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by larride(m): 1:45pm On Jan 03, 2013
^^^^^^^ start from anywhere u feel like. I'm here for you.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:

As a principle, separation of church and state existed before you christian thinker or even christianity.

You wouldnt think that way of course since you are blinded by chrisitian dogma
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy what do you understand by this.
Logicboy03:

Who said the big bang happened from nowhere?

Gaddem, you people love the straw men.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 03, 2013
Reyginus: Logicboy what do you understand by this.

I know your type....asking ridiculous questions and throwing strawmen.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 1:56pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Sweden, Norway, Japan.

We can look at the most peaceful countries and see that they are queite secular.
What has atheism got to do with secular governments?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 1:59pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

As a principle, separation of church and state existed before you christian thinker or even christianity.

You wouldnt think that way of course since you are blinded by chrisitian dogma
Really? How so?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 03, 2013
[quote author=Logicboy03]

Fail.

Is that why your religious brethren in Nigeria run to china to survive?

Well go back to where you came from, why are you in a country founded by religion , lol. Hypocrite !!

If you are in so much love with atheism try Russia, China or even North Korea.

I doubt if Cambodia will welcome you, Pol Pot is no longer around grin

China has some serious human rights abuses but remains better and more advanced than most religious countries.

Does it really, a country of 1.3 billion with a large chunk of impoverished communities is your idea of atheist advancement . SMH.

North Korea is creation of the USA

LOL, Your Jihadist brothers will be proud of this statement.

1 Like

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 2:07pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:
Lololol, let me quote you concerning the big bang

Logicboy03: Who said the big slam happened from nowhere?
Implying that you are not saying that nothing precedes it

Logicboy03:
Where did I claim that a past came before it
Also implying that you are not saying that something came before it

So if you are neither saying that something nor nothing came before the big bang, what on earth are you saying?

p/s don't accuse us of asking ridiculous questions or setting up strawmen or not understanding grammar. It is not our fault that your responses are clearly unintelligible.

1 Like

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Sweden, Norway, Japan.

Oh yes, Norway , what a peaceful country, only that recently ONE MAN single handedly wiped out almost 80 young people in a few hours , what a model state for atheists !

Besides Japan is only hushed up for now because of their bitter experience during the second world war. How many Chinese did the Japanese brutally murder , torture and exile over those years. Another wonderful atheist role model state.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 2:11pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:
Well go back to where you came from, why are you in a country founded by religion , lol. Hypocrite !!

Does it really, a country of 1.3 billion with a large chunk of impoverished communities is your idea of atheist advancement . SMH.

+1000 likes...........I can't tell you how much I am rolling in laughter
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
What has atheism got to do with secular governments?

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by wiegraf: 2:14pm On Jan 03, 2013
Hmmm

$hitstorm here as well it seems...
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 2:16pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:
I most certainly am not. Answer the question.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by luxanne(f): 2:16pm On Jan 03, 2013
Na wa o. if God didn't create d universe then who did? How were we created? Why are these people denying the obvious truth, is it so hard to follow what d bible preaches n not wat man preaches?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Really? How so?

Oneof your apologist brothers made that point. I think it was either Dinesh or William Craig.

Kings in the old testament made the laws while the Levites or high priests or whatever were the religious guys. Not a perfect separation but there.

Then you have the case of the Egyptian kings who where divine law themselves and the priests could be executed for going against the king.

Then you have the piraha tribe- a society without God.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

frosbel:

lol....I'm an atheist not a communist. I look at the peace index and all the top countries are quite secular.

[size=18pt]I live in the UK a country industralized by science and not religion.
[/size]
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

[size=18pt]I live in the UK a country industralized by science and not religion.
[/size]

And who were those scientists who propelled Britain into the industrial age, were they atheists ?

For example Abraham Darby who was a Quaker , 'developed a method of producing pig iron in a blast furnace fuelled by coke rather than charcoal. This was a major step forward in the production of iron as a raw material for the Industrial Revolution.' - Source Wikipedia.

Many of these guys were not just theists, they were Christians .

Without the foundation blocks laid by these good MEN, your atheist scientists would have resorted to 'head scratching' as a hobby grin
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Lolololol. Illogicboy is confused. What a pity!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

The Truth About The Story Of The Woman Who Gave Birth To The Horse-like Creature / Did You Receive Any Christmas Gifts From Your Neighbours This Christmas Season? / Pastor Ignila Gives Botswana Widow $1000, Gives Her Son Scholarship (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.