Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... (12450 Views)

Questions About Religion For The Deep Thinker / Can You Change Your Present Religion For $50.....??? / Religion For Atheists. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 03, 2013
larride:

Buhahahahahaha I still don't want to believe you typed that yourself, like seriously, you did? So that passage is talking about all the athesits? Let me help u further

Psalms 14 vs 2 - 3

"The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and see God."
"They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one"

So I ask you again, have you ever heard of the word "ADMONITION".

one of the most re.tarded responses I have heard in defense of psalm 14;1.

You avoid the verse to defend the verse, then claim it is not talking about the people it is talking about?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 12:48pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Did you miss the evil part?

Who told you atheists believe thatsomething comes from nothing?

See how you say nonsense?
Last I checked, God is the creator of the universe. Let me ask you: Where did the universe come from? be specific

Second question: Are you a good person?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 03, 2013
Background Music.*Undertaker's Soundtrack*
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Last I checked, God is the creator of the universe. Let me ask you: Where did the universe come from? be specific

The earliest we know of the universe is the big bang and that is something not nothing. An expansion.

Depends on what you mean by "good"
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 03, 2013
Smh... Thread don change...
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by larride(m): 12:54pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

one of the most re.tarded responses I have heard in defense of psalm 14;1.

You avoid the verse to defend the verse, then claim it is not talking about the people it is talking about?

Why don't you indulge me and tell me what the meaning of admonition is? Please just do me that favor and also read the remianing verse in that same Psalms 14, you will understand better what it means.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

hahaha

Yet the missionaries built the largest number of hospitals to conquer diseases and schools to conquer ignorance , the missionaries started orphanages to cater for the poor and needy, they educated our ancestors on the evil of killing twins and albinos, these practices have all but vanished, they started the red cross to help war and natural disaster victims. Many of us are the byproducts of their educational system , including the parents of many misled atheists on this forum.

You guys are clowns, sorry to use the word. grin

What has the Nigerian atheist done for the benefit of the nation , other than spending endless hours trolling on forums and talking nonsense, while enjoying the benefits derived from the institutions of religion , Christianity to be specific. Hypocrites !!

Wait, did the missionaries do no evil?

the british were in Nigeria 16th century- slavery for 300 years and after that the missionaries decided to build schools for the slave monkeys in the 19th century

missionaries that engaged in lies and looting of local people?

The missionaries stopped killing of twins in one small tribe and that now means they healed the whole nation? The slavery and the damage that christianity has already done to us has been done.

They replaced twin killing with witch killing, homophobia and tithe fraud grin

1 Like

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by personaldomest(f): 12:55pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:

What is good and what is evil?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by larride(m): 12:56pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

The earliest we know of the universe is the big bang and that is something not nothing. An expansion.

So a big bang happened from nowhere, created the universe and also make human beings? That's impressive. Clap for yourself o jare
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 12:56pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:
according to Johnstone (1993:323), 84% of the Japanese claim no personal religion. In census questionnaires, less than 15% reported any formal religious affiliation by 2000.[10]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Japan
Interesting because the same article continues by saying:

[size=16pt]Shinto, meaning "the way of the gods", is Japan's indigenous religion and is practiced by about 83% of the population.[/size] Note that unlike Judeo-Christian religions Shinto due to its nature does not require the same admission of faith, instead merely participating in certain aspects of Shinto is generally considered enough for association. Shinto originated in prehistoric times as a religion with a respect for nature and for particular sacred sites. These sites may have originally been used to worship the sun, rock formations, trees, and even sounds. Each of these was associated with a deity, or kami, and a complex polytheistic religion developed. Shinto worship of kami is performed at shrines. Especially important is the act of purification before visiting these shrines.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 03, 2013
larride:

So a big bang happened from nowhere, created the universe and also make human beings? That's impressive. Clap for yourself o jare

Who said the big bang happened from nowhere?

Gaddem, you people love the straw men.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Interesting because the same article continues by saying:

[size=16pt]Shinto, meaning "the way of the gods", is Japan's indigenous religion and is practiced by about 83% of the population.[/size] Note that unlike Judeo-Christian religions Shinto due to its nature does not require the same admission of faith, instead merely participating in certain aspects of Shinto is generally considered enough for association. Shinto originated in prehistoric times as a religion with a respect for nature and for particular sacred sites. These sites may have originally been used to worship the sun, rock formations, trees, and even sounds. Each of these was associated with a deity, or kami, and a complex polytheistic religion developed. Shinto worship of kami is performed at shrines. Especially important is the act of purification before visiting these shrines.

lipsrsealed
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wait, did the missionaries do no evil?

the british were in Nigeria 16th century- slavery for 300 years and after that the missionaries decided to build schools for the slave monkeys in the 19th century

missionaries that engaged in lies and looting of local people?

The missionaries stopped killing of twins in one small tribe and that now means they healed the whole nation? The slavery and the damage that christianity has already done to us has been done.

They replaced twin killing with witch killing, homophobia and tithe fraud grin

It was not the missionaries per se, but the political opportunists who took advantage of well meaning individuals to oppress the people.

But , you can't talk, not sure why you fled the other thread I raised on atheists and mass murder. In less than 50 years, state instituted atheism led by your comrades Stalin, Pol Pot and Chairman Mao wiped out a little over 200 million innocent souls.

sick people ! While the missionaries were saving lives, your comrades in militant atheism were destroying lives.

1 Like

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Oahray: 1:01pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:
hehehe... A big b.a.n.g? What ban.ged? What caused it? No answer?
Lol. The big ba.ng theory gives room for belief in some pre-existing form of matter or energy. No?

If so, how can we attribute the existence of our universe to this ban.g? You know the best part of this theory? There is no proof. Science indeed grin grin grin

At least they admit their deficiency in knowledge but are unwilling to fill the void.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by larride(m): 1:01pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy

Please, what slavery those the missionaries practiced? What damage? Stop saying tithe fraud.

Malachi 3:10

"Bring ye all tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it"

So tell me logicboy, is the bible written today??
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 1:01pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Does the universe have a beginning or not? What banged?

Feel free to use you own definition of good. Do you match up to your own moral expectations of yourself?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by larride(m): 1:03pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy,

The big bang occur through some form of matter or what?

The question is this: WHERE DO WE COME FROM?

The big slam theory even support that there is a supernatural force
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Who said the big bang happened from nowhere?

Gaddem, you people love the straw men.
By implication, you're saying it happened from somewhere. In that case the big bang is not the beginning as you claim. If you still insist it is, is it possible for a beginning of all beginnings to happen from somewhere?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

It was not the missionaries per se, but the political opportunists who took advantage of well meaning individuals to oppress the people.

But , you can't talk, not sure why you fled the other thread I raised on atheists and mass murder. In less than 50 years, state instituted atheism led by your comrades Stalin, Pol Pot and Chairman Mao wiped out a little over 200 million innocent souls.

sick people ! While the missionaries were saving lives, your comrades in militant atheism were destroying lives.

Erm, the science nko? Did atheist not contribute to the science?

Anyways, I do not deny that Stalin was an atheist or Mao too. The issue is communism. You cant blame it on atheism. These mass-murderers didnt kill because of atheism they killed because of their totalitarian and dogmaticl political beliefs.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 1:05pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

Lovely! Don't mind the atheist apologist......busy lying against christianity and proposing that religion be banned just like his brother Mao.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by personaldomest(f): 1:05pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:

so Christianity or religion is the reason why a person is good?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 03, 2013
Reyginus: By implication, you're saying it happened from somewhere. In that case the big bang is not the beginning as you claim. If you still insist it is, is it possible for a beginning of all beginnings to happen from somewhere?

That is the paradox we have. The beginning of the beginning. You can keep tracing back time to an infinite regress in theory but as in the big bang model, we see that we can only trace the expansion of the universe to a finite time in the past.

We accept that we dont know past this point.

Then creatards like yourself just come in and claim "God did it". God of the gaps
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by larride(m): 1:08pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Anyways, I do not deny that Stalin was an atheist or Mao too. The issue is communism. You cant blame it on atheism. These mass-murderers didnt kill because of atheism they killed because of their totalitarian and dogmaticl political beliefs.

So its communism that makes Hitler kill over 2million Jews? That's wonderful. Are they not athesit anymore? So they did mass-murderer because of their political beliefs? You are wonderful logicboy, I'm impressed.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 1:08pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Christians also contributed to science so?

But you also cannot deny that they killed specifically to enforce state atheism. Hugo Chavez in Venezuela runs a Communist regime and he is a catholic. He isn't burning down churches and temples like your brother Mao was.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Communism is state instituted atheism, like it or not, this is fact !

They killed because they had a conscience void of LOVE for their fellow MAN , this is what atheism normally evolves into by default , especially if left unchecked. A wicked and cruel system , militant atheism is.

Now back to Science, indeed we have many good atheist scientists but equally very good and sometimes even better Christian scientists. However, the founders and inventors of the rudiments of science , were almost always Theists. All your atheist scientists are doing today is taking advantage of the building blocks laid by Theists , especially Christians like Isaac Newton.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lovely! Don't mind the atheist apologist......busy lying against christianity and proposing that religion be banned just like his brother Mao.

Lying about lying when lying.

Reminds me of inception; a dream within a dream within a dream.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by larride(m): 1:11pm On Jan 03, 2013
personaldomest:

Being a christain doesn't mean you are a good person. Example are those christain maltreating and oppressing the poor. They just profess Christ with their mouth but their heart is evil. The bible states clearly that God deals with the heart and not with that you say, what defileth a man/woman is what comes from his heart.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 1:11pm On Jan 03, 2013
personaldomest:

How exactly did you infer that from what you quoted?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 1:13pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Lying about lying when lying.

Reminds me of inception; a dream within a dream within a dream.
Ah so Mao is no longer an atheist or you are no longer an atheist? Which is it?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by larride(m): 1:14pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Ah so Mao is no longer an atheist or you are no longer an atheist? Which is it?

LOL
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by personaldomest(f): 1:14pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
How exactly did you infer that from what you quoted?

its a question. what makes a person a good person?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

Communism is state instituted atheism, like it or not, this is fact !

They killed because they had a conscience void of LOVE for their fellow MAN , this is what atheism normally evolves into by default , especially if left unchecked. A wicked and cruel system , militant atheism is.

Now back to Science, indeed we have many good atheist scientists but equally very good and sometimes even better Christian scientists. However, the founders and inventors of the rudiments of science , were almost always Theists. All your atheist scientists are doing today is taking advantage of the building blocks laid by Theists , especially Christians like Isaac Newton.

Remind me how Darwin was a christian.

Anyways, Communism is far more than state atheism but I will leave you to your delusions. You keep bringing up the failed points.

Even if you were right (and you are 100% not) that atheists is a murderous philosophy. We can look at the past 3 years and we will see how christianity and islam have produced bomebers killers and terrorists while all atheists do is argue on the internet/live debates. You had to go to times before you were born to bash atheism, all I have to look at is present day to see the nonsense your religion is doing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important / Pastor Ignila Gives Botswana Widow $1000, Gives Her Son Scholarship (Pics) / What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.