Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? (8724 Views)

Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? / Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. / Can You Lay Curse On Your Partner ?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by ubong560(m): 7:15pm On Jan 07, 2013
Die for who? Dem neva born am well. Make she enter her mamma belle make dem born am again, mayb dat time, i go die for am. I dey mmmmmmaaaaaaddddddd?

But am sure girls can do it if u promise them good amount of money.
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by warrior101: 7:17pm On Jan 07, 2013
boborosky: Why should i? Self preservation comes first in everything. I am going to be unfair to myself if i do dat cos i do not think anybody is worth it.

evening in an aeroplane, they always advice you to safe yourself first before attending to the kid beside you. so No is the correct answer to this question...
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by AGgal(f): 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2013
In my next lyf,maybe!
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by ibnilyas(m): 7:25pm On Jan 07, 2013
y shld i do such a tin? i cant oooo!!
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by freecocoa(f): 7:34pm On Jan 07, 2013
Make I hear.
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by pheyiechemie: 7:38pm On Jan 07, 2013
Am I crazy?
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by lilmaydee(m): 7:48pm On Jan 07, 2013
No, Jesus Christ had already done dat 2000 years ago. Y should I repeat it.
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by UNLEASHED(m): 7:53pm On Jan 07, 2013
Abi I don lay am ni?
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by Meristem: 7:53pm On Jan 07, 2013
nollywood20: [size=18pt]FOR MY FAITHFUL WIFE. YES.[/size]
grin grin grin grin grin ...interesting! grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by onatisi(m): 8:03pm On Jan 07, 2013
WhyAWhy: [size=18pt]Jesus already did that and that record can't be broken[/size] grin grin grin
pls remember , JESUS IS STILL ALIVE OO. in this case we are talking about one time death , no resurrection
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by onatisi(m): 8:03pm On Jan 07, 2013
Wislet: A large number of Nigerians(or should I say 'nairalanders') seem to be in selfish relationships, do not know the true meaning of the word 'Love', or have never met anyone they never dreamed of having I.e a man/woman that beat their imagination in character, carriage and personality.
Instead of living fake lives and singing 'I love Yous' you don't mean, spend that time in remodelling your person to the personality your husband/wife will not think twice before responding in the affirmative.

It is only for 'had I knowns' that their partners will not want to hear the question a second time.
Nigerian men in particular, learn to cherish your families. Don't act like women are evil/not worth such commitment. That is why you should find for yourself and marry a 'Wife' not a 'woman'. There is a big difference. One is everywhere and always available in the market, the other is not.
And the ladies, life does not begin and end with cosmetics and wearing the latest. Learn to look beyond yourselves.
dont worry we will set up a committee to look into ur points and issues raised
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by Wislet(f): 8:05pm On Jan 07, 2013
I think many are taking this 'dying' thing too literally.
'Dying' for someone can be in many forms:

1. Being selfless - not counting your contributions in that person's life on a daily basis (like some do). E.g. A husband/wife that sees every little thing they do for their better half as a leverage to be recounted or used in a manipulating way to get something they want.
Can you take care(healthwise) of that man/woman, or help in the family finances the little time they aren't able, contribute positively to their family's well being(if it arises) WITHOUT bringing out a list of 'My duties toward you from the first day I became a part of this family' whenever you want to manipulate your way through.
(Not thinking of yourself, but the other person).
2. Defend and protect your own anywhere, anyday, no matter who is against them- even if it's your Oga for office wey dey insult your wife/husband. You no go do, "Nnaa, make I shut up and pretend I no dey here. I no wan lose my job".
AND SO ON............
It doesn't just mean, falling purposely on top of thorns or nails or from a sky scrapper, etc. There's much more meaning to the word than that.

1 Like

Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by mariblizzy(f): 8:06pm On Jan 07, 2013
NO NO NO NO NO, for this sweet life? Omoh i no fit... ;DNO NO NO NO NO, for this sweet life? Omoh i no fit...
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by salt1: 8:09pm On Jan 07, 2013
Overheard at a wedding reception

Bride: do you love me?
Bridegroom: of course I love you very much
Bride: do you love me so much that you can die for me?
Bridegroom: no, Honey! Mine is an UNDYING LOVE!
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by onatisi(m): 8:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
A Man was walking down a street when he heard a voice from behind, ' If you take one more step, a brick will fall down on your head and kill you.'
The man stopped and a big brick fell right in front of him. The man was astonished. He went on, and after a while he was going to cross the road. Once again the voice shouted, ' Stop! Stand still! If you take one more step a car will run over you, and you will die.'
The man did as he was instructed, just as a car came careening around the corner, barely missing him.
The man asked. ' Who are you? '
' I am your guardian angel, ' the voice answered.
'Oh, yeah? ' the man asked 'And where the hell were you when I got married? '
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by searay(m): 8:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
Still waiting for Prettyebony to show
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by Tochinn(m): 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2013
Dat wil b d 1st death and hell wil b d second. Ask Osofia dat did such sily tin wetin him so called love do afta him death. Body no b firewood, ur lova wil get anoda love within a short period.
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by sleekch1c(f): 9:02pm On Jan 07, 2013
Greater is the love than that of one who wld lay down his life for another.
End time christians grin grin
@op, sure I will.
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by kumbalo(m): 9:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
Ninilowo: If we have children, YES
If we dont have children NO
same with me
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
Tashamania: If he's the love of my life, why would I die for him?

He's the love of my life not of my death. undecided
LWKMD
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by Sike(m): 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2013
......IF I COULD I WOULD.
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by tetsyuueh: 9:51pm On Jan 07, 2013
yes. to my wife
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by onatisi(m): 10:05pm On Jan 07, 2013
most of the ppl saying yes yes here re saying it because their wives and husbands knows their id here on nl and if they post anything negtive they will be in hot soup.noone can ly down his or her life for his partner.if we re taaking about laying down ur life for ur child that one is understandable but wife or husband!charlie forget
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by onatisi(m): 10:09pm On Jan 07, 2013
even if my wife tells me that she willing or wants to die for me ,wahlahi i go pick race i go run
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by chechemania(f): 10:10pm On Jan 07, 2013
Tashamania: If he's the love of my life, why would I die for him?

He's the love of my life not of my death. undecided
big hug 4 dat *winks*
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by chechemania(f): 10:10pm On Jan 07, 2013
no!
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
I can die 4 love anytime anyday. A dead man doesnt remember that he died 4 love or that he left mansions 4 his children he doesnt care that people re dumping refuse nd excrete on his grave and funny enough all of us ll reach there someday eventually. so if u die now or in the next 40 yrs whats d difference if u cant feel, hear or see whats going on. Whats d essense of selfishly living life when you can die the nxt minute?...so its best u die 4 a worthy cause nd love is the greatest

1 Like

Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by Daewoods(m): 10:18pm On Jan 07, 2013
Why should i? *am i a learner*
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 07, 2013
Wislet: I think many are taking this 'dying' thing too literally.
'Dying' for someone can be in many forms:

1. Being selfless - not counting your contributions in that person's life on a daily basis (like some do). E.g. A husband/wife that sees every little thing they do for their better half as a leverage to be recounted or used in a manipulating way to get something they want.
Can you take care(healthwise) of that man/woman, or help in the family finances the little time they aren't able, contribute positively to their family's well being(if it arises) WITHOUT bringing out a list of 'My duties toward you from the first day I became a part of this family' whenever you want to manipulate your way through.
(Not thinking of yourself, but the other person).
2. Defend and protect your own anywhere, anyday, no matter who is against them- even if it's your Oga for office wey dey insult your wife/husband. You no go do, "Nnaa, make I shut up and pretend I no dey here. I no wan lose my job".
AND SO ON............
It doesn't just mean, falling purposely on top of thorns or nails or from a sky scrapper, etc. There's much more meaning to the word than that.

Answer the question and don't lie wink wink and while you're at it, bear in mind that the op meant die as in literally and not sum form of sacrifice as you hinted up there smiley
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by somegirl1: 10:22pm On Jan 07, 2013
Ninilowo: If we have children, YES
If we dont have children NO

chronique: Yes,if we have kids n she's a faithful wife. No,if we dont. Never will it ever happen if she's just my gf. In short,never ever if she's my gf.

so you really would be laying down your lives for your children
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by Shalome(m): 10:23pm On Jan 07, 2013
acidosis™:
I am not Jesus Christ. I am acidosis
the only comment that made sense
Re: Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? by baggy4luv(m): 10:23pm On Jan 07, 2013
i cant and i wont.people spewing trash here should just shut.i can lay mylife for my offsprings and siblings but not my wife.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBNaija: "Touch My Backside If You Want, It's Free"—Mercy Tells Ike / I'm Giving Out My Virginity To Any Nairalander Than Will Buy Me This. / My Experience After Taking meth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.