Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless (46913 Views)

Fatal Auto Crash In Lagos Leaving Six Dead / Picture Of Slums In The Usa / Eye On Lagos - Emergency Services. Is Lagos Leaving Nigeria Behind? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 04, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge: In bid for development, sacrifices must be made.

Such is life.

I feel bad for them sha

You can't feel bad for the poor forever, especially when they're the docile type who are afraid of death... What's there to live for when you're poor, anyway?? You're as well good as dead - and that's more poor people and docility should be in the same sentence... And it shows everything wrong with the religious virtues of average Nigerians who're always waiting for God to help them in miraculous ways...

You've got a country that has failed you, yet you can't get off your butts to fight for what belongs to you... AAs fought for what they've got today in America... Black britons fought for everything they enjoy today in England... Caribbeans fought to break the yoke of slavery... Peasant chinese people fought for everything China is enjoying today...

So the question is, what are the poor people in Nigeria doing?? - waiting for God and letting the rich buy their conscience with crumbs!!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by hadeyholu1(m): 12:40am On Mar 04, 2013
God have mercy cryGod have mercy
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 12:42am On Mar 04, 2013
Everything I watch African American history and see how these people fought with their blood, sweat, and tears to be recognised as humans - I asked myself why poor people in Nigeria can't do the same... The Nigerian government can never be as brutal as the racist America of the 1700-1960s... Heck, there's Hague and the UN out there to punish the government if they kill too many people...
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by babapupa: 12:42am On Mar 04, 2013
NEROSKY:

I like your English, composure n comprehensive illustrations, but your head is not correct.

Reading ur posts makes me think you're fashola's NL proxy!

You they think self

I wish such things come ur way, so you no how it feels, because you don't go around fire and xpect not to sweat!

Am not against change or development either, why no formal notification b4 demolition Are they not human
Even they were animals, won't you move them to a safer place

I believe in nemesis!!!

All the same, i lost my respect for fashola, he locked ladipo market and he's asking for 40million naira (legal stealing) the same thing he to Coker, odunade market, alaba suru e. T. C , wicked looters!

They were notified by the state and if you believe the state or not, that's your problem, if you like, respect fashola or don't respect fashola, that's also your problem and if you also feel like insult is your best idea and solution, that's also your problem.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 04, 2013
Billyonaire:

You should not champion this demolition of poor people's homes, nobody should. I consider myself a very hardworking fellow but sometimes the expenses triple the cash inflow and you realize that eventualities occur that sends you to bottom and we bounce back based on acumen, its not so for many people who have little or no fiscal cushioning. Those we call the poor may be just victims of circumstances, circumstances like Okada ban, which affected not just the Okada riders but businessmen who took millions of Naira in bank loans to import motorcycles only to be startled by the ban. In such a case you can see a millionaire becomes instantly poor by virtue of unplanned Government policy. That being said, a responsible Government understands that building a great state of Lagos is for the people and not against the people, but when a policy is working against the people that policies should be for, then it becomes a needed observatory for one to question the sanity of Fashola and his team. Government should be for the people and not anti-people. Fashola should provide an alternative for these people. Its sad.

Somebody who gets it.
No wonder people's walls are getting higher,the burglary proofs thicker and the robbers fiercer.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by AZeD1(m): 12:45am On Mar 04, 2013
Billyonaire:

You should not champion this demolition of poor people's homes, nobody should. I consider myself a very hardworking fellow but sometimes the expenses triple the cash inflow and you realize that eventualities occur that sends you to bottom and we bounce back based on acumen, its not so for many people who have little or no fiscal cushioning. Those we call the poor may be just victims of circumstances, circumstances like Okada ban, which affected not just the Okada riders but businessmen who took millions of Naira in bank loans to import motorcycles only to be startled by the ban. In such a case you can see a millionaire becomes instantly poor by virtue of unplanned Government policy. That being said, a responsible Government understands that building a great state of Lagos is for the people and not against the people, but when a policy is working against the people that policies should be for, then it becomes a needed observatory for one to question the sanity of Fashola and his team. Government should be for the people and not anti-people. Fashola should provide an alternative for these people. Its sad.
All of shouting about poor people etc are part and parcel of the problems in Nigeria. The question should be "were those structures legal?" if yes they should be compensated and if no at least they have been demolished. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Yes they are poor and don't have anywhere to go but government is not about sentiments. If you feel so sorry for them, invite them to your house.

I sympathize with them but as i have said before, if those structures were illegal then the government has done no wrong.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 04, 2013
[size=18pt]Watch out,the very land where the slum stood will be partitioned and sold off to Fashola and his cronies
That is their ultimate goal[/size]

I can already see the ugly Ashiwaju grinning from molar to molar while babies are thrown out in the streets.
Heartless beings

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 12:46am On Mar 04, 2013
shymexx:

You can't feel bad for the poor forever, especially when they're the docile type who are afraid of death... What's there to live for when you're poor, anyway?? You're as well good as dead - and that's more poor people and docility should be in the same sentence... And it shows everything wrong with the religious virtues of average Nigerians who're always waiting for God to help them in miraculous ways...

You've got a country that has failed you, yet you can't get off your butts to fight for what belongs to you... AAs fought for what they've got today in America... Black britons fought for everything they enjoy today in England... Caribbeans fought to break the yoke of slavery... Peasant chinese people fought for everything China is enjoying today...

So the question is, what are the poor people in Nigeria doing?? - waiting for God and letting the rich buy their conscience with crumbs!!
Sometimes I think your knowledge of history is misguiding you, you seem to be clouded with theories of revolution that you basically think its norm for the poor to seek change via violent demonstrations. This is 21st century and not 18th Century. The music is different now so the dance steps have changed too. Revolution is the worst form of fight for social change, in 21st century, the new form of revolution is what we are doing now. Fashola will be informed soon enough that he is losing it cos of this piece of mind. Its the best form of revolution, so cease all calls for violent revolutions, its so 18th century and unpopular in a civil society. Fashola should provide alternative for the poor, if not, he should just expect a rise in crime rate. Its a natural trajectory.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by NeoXVI: 12:46am On Mar 04, 2013
infolekan:

Sorry if I stepped on a nerve there......dint see it exposed.
Police 'respect' the rich ALL over the world. Just pray you're up there too.
Its a weak mans idea that things should be done with sentimenets 'because they're poor'.

You didn't answer any of the questions. Forget about my nerves and answer them, strong man. I'm probably in a better place than you are. But that's talk for another day. My views are shaped by my upbringing and not my present state. Why is it that anytime government acts tough, it ends up being the poor who are paying and making sacrifices? That's the question.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by YorubaOmoge: 12:47am On Mar 04, 2013
shymexx: Everything I watch African American history and see how these people fought with their blood, sweat, and tears to be recognised as humans - I asked myself why poor people in Nigeria can't do the same... The Nigerian government can never be as brutal as the racist America of the 1700-1960s... Heck, their Hague and the UN out there to punish the government if they kill too many people...

Nigerians are VERY lazy people. Laziness conditioned by religious shackle.
They rely on a being they cannot disprove or prove his/her existence; God.
A poor country with many unmet basic needs relies and hopes on a superior being to endow them with INDIVIDUAL blessing.
The day Nigerians understand "strength in unity, strength in developemt", that's the day they'll fight for development and rid themselves of religious shackle.

Each man for himself. The rich lives for himself, the poor suffers by himself.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 12:49am On Mar 04, 2013
kross_01:
its easy to say that when its nt u dt is in their position. If you made any research about the area in question or its people, you wld have known that the people being displaced are traditional lagosians who wia initially relocated to this present area when the FG took over their initial settlement to build the national theatre. Now i ask u, which village do u want them to go to? Why are we overtly insensitive to the plight of others in this country? These people in question were NOT even given notice b4 there settlement were demolished.during d press conference whch SERAP or so did, a young man said his admission letter & his travel docs wia all lost there as he never knew b4 hand of the demolision.dont say its good because u were nt affected, tomorrow it might get to u.
Abi o

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 12:50am On Mar 04, 2013
A-ZeD:

All of shouting about poor people etc are part and parcel of the problems in Nigeria. The question should be "were those structures legal?" if yes they should be compensated and if no at least they have been demolished. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Yes they are poor and don't have anywhere to go but government is not about sentiments. If you feel so sorry for them, invite them to your house.

I sympathize with them but as i have said before, if those structures were illegal then the government has done no wrong.
The Government decides which structures are legal or not legal. Its a question of government decision. If the government is sensitive, she will realize that no one choses poverty over wealth. So the government can either decide to legalize the structures or provide alternatives to cushion their sufferings. We are talking about fellow human beings here with rights to life, I see no reason Government is failing the electorates.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by YorubaOmoge: 12:53am On Mar 04, 2013
To be honest tho, shymmex, it's hard to leave the yoke of suffrage in Nigeria.

In another developed country, a poor man has every opportunity to rise from the ashes of low class to middle class. In Nigeria, it's as case of "the friend of a friend".

It's possible to say they've tried other alternative to leave the slum. To rise to better standard.

I mean, Nigeria is a country where the middle class does not exist. The fight is between the suffering class and the "untouchable" class.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by NeoXVI: 12:54am On Mar 04, 2013
shymexx:

I'm a marxist and all for the poor and unfortunate people... However, sometimes when the poor are too docile and comfortable in filth and poverty, you need an "action" to get a "reaction" from them... That's the case of the poor people in Nigeria, they're too docile, for crying out loud... How can be from a country as rich as Nigeria, watch uneducated fools loot all your sovereign wealth, yet you still don't want to fight for what rightful belongs to you...

There's only so much people the government can kill in the country when the poor starts demanding answers from the elites... I bet they're not hungry enough, when they become homeless - they'll wake up... Tired of pitying people who thrive in self-pity and docility - tell them to get off their butts and start asking questions....

Great post Shymexx. It's also one of my frustrations with the Nigerian masses. I actually thought the fuel subsidy situation last year was going to be a watershed. Unfortunately, the labor movement that could have led it was bought over. This docility is a massive inertia that would need something great to get it moving. I hope that comes sooner rather than later. Anything short, progress may be made, but it will be in small, freakishly slow steps forward.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 04, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:
Nigerians are VERY lazy people. Laziness conditioned by religious shackle.
They rely on a being they cannot disprove or prove his/her existence; God.
A poor country with many unmet basic needs relies and hopes on a superior being to endow them with INDIVIDUAL blessing.
The day Nigerians understand "strength in unity, strength in developemt", that's the day they'll fight for development and rid themselves of religious shackle.

Each man for himself. The rich lives for himself, the poor suffers by himself.

Don't mind the docile poor heffers... I stopped pitying them when I saw pictures of how the corrupt elites live in Nigeria this January... How can people be so poor in that country, yet the so-called who outnumber the corrupt elites can't ask them questions... However, they all worship them and run after them for crumbs in their filths...

If you can't fight for your rights, don't expect God to fight for you... The world is about the survival of the fittest and poor Nigerians need to embrace survival before godliness/religiosity to be able to get a place in the scheme of things in that country... Because as it's right now, they're out of the equation, to be honest...
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by vandarsar(m): 12:55am On Mar 04, 2013
What nationality are you?

shy-mmex:

If that's how the Indians in Nigeria are, they need to be kicked out of the country... There are no freebies anywhere, you either contribute to where you reside, or get the phuck out of there...
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 12:57am On Mar 04, 2013
Billyonaire: The Government decides which structures are legal or not legal. Its a question of government decision. If the government is sensitive, she will realize that no one choses poverty over wealth. So the government can either decide to legalize the structures or provide alternatives to cushion their sufferings. We are talking about fellow human beings here with rights to life, I see no reason Government is failing the electorates.

And somebody says they should fight
Can one fight on an empty stomach?
What happened when the people of Odi protested the destruction of their land
The JTF moved in and mowed down everything that moved
Same thing repeated somewhere in Benue state
Did Fashola not use thugs to arrest protesters in the past
Who wants to die?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by YorubaOmoge: 12:57am On Mar 04, 2013
What I find sooooooooooooooooo funny is that the same group of imbe/ciles who enjoy posting Lagos slum as an example of suffering in Lagos are the ones crying "Injustice".

Slums dey: Fashola is not working.

Cleans up slum: Fashola is evil.

Men with nefarious mind will never be satisfied.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 04, 2013
Neo-XVI:

What he would have done?
1. Stop the expansion of these communities so no new settlements spring up. Let's face it, the reason people do whatever they feel like in Nigeria is because of the bigger endemic problem of lawlessness from both leadership and the citizenry. You dare not behave lawlessly by building "illegal structures" anywhere you like in other civilized places.
2. If it is true that they moved there after federal govt got them out of national theatre area, then identify those that moved there originally and settle them. If they were all settled originally, then give them at least 3 months notice to vacate. There is even the contention that it is federal govt that acquired the place for those guys. These guys have no village somewhere to relocate to. They are yorubas for goodness sake.
3. Give all other people same 3 months notice to vacate, and on the day you get there, kindly give them adequate warning and time to pack there belongings and leave, if they haven't done so already. Someone should not have to lose his admission letter and travel documents cos you want to develop lagos. You're ruining his life.

At any rate, a civil society group has picked up the case and I hope they get a settlement for them so they can rebuild their lives. Poor people also deserve a chance bro.
GOODBLESS YOU.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 04, 2013
Billyonaire: Sometimes I think your knowledge of history is misguiding you, you seem to be clouded with theories of revolution that you basically think its norm for the poor to seek change via violent demonstrations. This is 21st century and not 18th Century. The music is different now so the dance steps have changed too. Revolution is the worst form of fight for social change, in 21st century, the new form of revolution is what we are doing now. Fashola will be informed soon enough that he is losing it cos of this piece of mind. Its the best form of revolution, so cease all calls for violent revolutions, its so 18th century and unpopular in a civil society. Fashola should provide alternative for the poor, if not, he should just expect a rise in crime rate. Its a natural trajectory.

Another dumb post from an irritant political jobber... Asking questions for a top-down change isn't synonymous with the CIA orchestrated Arab-spring... It's about asking for urgency and accountability - and there are many ways to go about it...

I cited the AA story, black Britons, Chinese revolution etc.. Next time, learn how to read and comprehend, cu.nt! This isn't about your fake billions, it's about real life and real people!!
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by AZeD1(m): 1:00am On Mar 04, 2013
Billyonaire: The Government decides which structures are legal or not legal. Its a question of government decision. If the government is sensitive, she will realize that no one choses poverty over wealth. So the government can either decide to legalize the structures or provide alternatives to cushion their sufferings. We are talking about fellow human beings here with rights to life, I see no reason Government is failing the electorates.
I don't agree with the bold part. To build a house, you need to get the plan approved. There are so many buildings in Lagos without approval and if they were to be demolished today, people will cry foul play.
Like i said, i sympathize with them because i know what its like to not have a place to sleep at night but i also understand that there is no sentiment in governance.
How do you stop people from living in illegal slums if you don't demolish them?
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by babapupa: 1:01am On Mar 04, 2013
vandarsar: Are you nut? Aint state govt generating revenue from these people some 4-6 years ago? Ranging from tenement rates to so many fraudulents rates that was floated by Fashola's administration. Some of the residents are parts and parcel of Lagos working community, skilled or unskilled.

To the best of my knowledge govt generate funds solely to cater for the masses not the upper class in ikoyi and your imaginary eko atlantic city alone.

You mean Lagos state tax slums and shanties without COC and that doesn't exist on their books?

I know a lot of you have your issues and desires to live in a lawless society, but you don't have to insult peoples intelligence with ignorant formulations.

Btw, the people on the mainland get more state benefits than the people in ikoyi and VI. A lot of you have naive and emotional opinions that's not based on facts and realities...
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:02am On Mar 04, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge: To be honest tho, shymmex, it's hard to leave the yoke of suffrage in Nigeria.

In another developed country, a poor man has every opportunity to rise from the ashes of low class to middle class. In Nigeria, it's as case of "the friend of a friend".

It's possible to say they've tried other alternative to leave the slum. To rise to better standard.

I mean, Nigeria is a country where the middle class does not exist. The fight is between the suffering class and the "untouchable" class.

The government is responsible for creating the middle-class and since the Nigerian government has refused to do that... Rather, they keep widening the gap between the rich and the poor - don't you think it's high time the poor started asking questions about where they fit in the scheme of things in their beloved country??

At the end of the day, the poor outnumber the rich by like 90 to 1, and there's power in numbers...

If there's no other alternative, that's where the human survival instinct has to kick in because they have nothing to lose... Survive first!!
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by YorubaOmoge: 1:02am On Mar 04, 2013
shymexx:

Don't mind the docile poor heffers... I stopped pitying them when I saw pictures of how the corrupt elites live in Nigeria this January... How can people be so poor in that country, yet the so-called [size=18pt]who outnumber the corrupt elites can't ask them questions... However, they all worship them and run after them for crumbs in their filths...[/size]

If you can't fight for your rights, don't expect God to fight for you... The world is about the survival of the fittest and poor Nigerians need to embrace survival before godliness/religiosity to be able to get a place in the scheme of things in that country... Because as it's right now, they're out of the equation, to be honest...

I'm telling you grin

The FOI bill in Nigeria is a waste grin grin

Totally useless.

I'm sure a large population of Nigerians are oblivious to its existence.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:03am On Mar 04, 2013
vandarsar: What nationality are you?

Dual nationality - why??
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by AZeD1(m): 1:04am On Mar 04, 2013
babyosisi:

And somebody says they should fight
Can one fight on an empty stomach?
What happened when the people of Odi protested the destruction of their land
The JTF moved in and mowed down everything that moved
Same thing repeated somewhere in Benue state
Did Fashola not use thugs to arrest protesters in the past
Who wants to die?
It is better to be dead than to live in some places.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:04am On Mar 04, 2013
In this gleaming vision, the old Lagos of slums has an uncertain future. Two-thirds of the city’s residents live in “informal” neighborhoods, as activists call them, while more than one million of the city’s poor have been forcibly ejected from their homes in largely unannounced, government slum clearances over the last 15 years, a leading activist group says.Last summer, there was a brief outcry when government speedboats bearing machete-carrying men cleared out the floating neighborhood of Makoko, making some 30,000 people homeless. At the vast city dump at Ojota, where thousands eke out a living, shacks are cleared out frequently, residents complained.

The Nigerian government’s untender approach to its poor, who account for at least 70 percent of the population, was again on full display last Saturday at Badia East, where even more demolition — another 40,000 live there — is now threatened. The scene Saturday was classic: a black police vehicle pulled up early, armed, uniformed policemen sprang out to quell any restiveness, and the backhoes went to work under the eyes of dismayed residents, slashing through thin wood and concrete block.

That is the whole summary of the situation
2/3rds of Lagos is slum
Until Nigeria gets their act together,nothing will change
He has a lot of demolishing to do
You can't loot the treasury and share the money in the land with your gang and pretend to be doing something
Who are they deceiving ?
Planting flowers and reclaiming Atlantic ocean for the rich will only take you so far when 75% or more of the inhabitants are dirt poor.
Start by providing clean drinking water and affordable healthcare and affordable housing for your poor
All this gidi gidi Gbam Gbam grandstanding no be am
Many of these people in the worst slums there like the tens of thousands rendered homeless in makoko are native Lagosians
They didn't move from anywhere

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by babapupa: 1:05am On Mar 04, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge: What I find sooooooooooooooooo funny is that the same group of imbe/ciles who enjoy posting Lagos slum as an example of suffering in Lagos are the ones crying "Injustice".

Slums dey: Fashola is not working.

Cleans up slum: Fashola is evil.

Men with nefarious mind will never be satisfied.

Shebi we see them posting pictures of the slums to rubbish Lagos... Their cries and crocodile tears concern don't bother me, their problem is tribalism and lawlessness.. .
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:05am On Mar 04, 2013
Neo-XVI:

Great post Shymexx. It's also one of my frustrations with the Nigerian masses. I actually thought the fuel subsidy situation last year was going to be a watershed. Unfortunately, the labor movement that could have led it was bought over. This docility is a massive inertia that would need something great to get it moving. I hope that comes sooner rather than later. Anything short, progress may be made, but it will be in small, freakishly slow steps forward.

The slow step is unacceptable!! The government needs to do something fast before the oil drys up - the wealth belongs to all Nigerians not just a miniscule few who have cornered everything for themselves and their children...

Urgency should be the watchword!! The change has to happen now...
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by YorubaOmoge: 1:07am On Mar 04, 2013
shymexx:

The government is responsible for creating the middle-class and since the Nigerian government has refused to do that... Rather, they keep widening the gap between the rich and the poor - don't you think it's high time the poor started asking questions about where they fit in the scheme of things in their beloved country??

At the end of the day, the poor outnumber the rich by like 90 to 1, and there's power in numbers...

If there's no other alternative, that's where the human survival instinct has to kick in because they have nothing to lose... Survive first!!

Seriously, I don't know what will wake Nigeria up.

The subsidy issue didn't.

2011 election riot didn't.

Subsidy oil-theft didn't.

Unjust legal punishment to $billion thief didn't.

It's safe to say that Nigerians adapt too easily to unfairness, unjust and chaos. They're already condition to accept what they "cannot control".

So sad embarassed
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:07am On Mar 04, 2013
shymexx:

Another dumb post from an irritant political jobber... Asking questions for a top-down change isn't synonymous with the CIA orchestrated Arab-spring... It's about asking for urgency and accountability - and there are many ways to go about it...

I cited the AA story, black Britons, Chinese revolution etc.. Next time, learn how to read and comprehend, cu.nt! This isn't about your fake billions, it's about real life and real people!!

I do not condescend to responding to name calling. Apparently, truth is bitter, you are embittered and rattled cos your lousy posts have been revealed by myself humble self for what it is; immature, and you want to transfer the negative energy. I forgive you. Stop blaming the poor for their status, no one chooses poverty over wealth, sometimes the poor's status in life is defined by circumstances beyond their controls, circumstances like unfavorable government polices, etc. I doubt if you understand what I am talking about though. The best approach to tackle issues is for the populace to seek amicable and diplomatic ways of calling a government to order and not via violent revolution. You need a little more education.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:08am On Mar 04, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:
I'm telling you grin

The FOI bill in Nigeria is a waste grin grin

Totally useless.

I'm sure a large population of Nigerians are oblivious to its existence.

Nigerians don't even read, all they do is listen to the rich people... Heck, most of them don't even know what is in the Bible and Quran they carry around unless ther pastors and Imams tell them to open them... grin

How the heck do you want these people to know what the FOI bill is

That's like asking Stevie Wonder to tell you the colour of his piano(no pun intended)..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

South-West Monarchs To Save Osinbajo From Impeachment - The Guardian / Saraki Doles Out N5m For Ailing Actors, Promises To Transform Nollywood / Buhari Extends Lockdown In Lagos, Abuja, Ogun By 14 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.