Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless (46912 Views)

Fatal Auto Crash In Lagos Leaving Six Dead / Picture Of Slums In The Usa / Eye On Lagos - Emergency Services. Is Lagos Leaving Nigeria Behind? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by AZeD1(m): 1:09am On Mar 04, 2013
babyosisi:

That is the whole summary of the situation
2/3rds of Lagos is slum
Until Nigeria gets their act together,nothing will change
He has a lot of demolishing to do
You can't loot the treasury and share the money in the land with with your gang and pretend to be doing something
Who are they deceiving ?
Planting flowers and reclaiming Atlantic ocean for the rich will only take you so far when 75% or more of the inhabitants are dirt poor.
Start by providing clean drinking water and affordable healthcare
All this gidi gidi Gbam Gbam grandstanding no be am

What have the poor people done to change their situation? If government is stealing your money and you don't fight who will fight for you?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:10am On Mar 04, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:
Seriously, I don't know what will wake Nigeria up.

The subsidy issue didn't.

2011 election riot didn't.

Subsidy oil-theft didn't.

Unjust legal punishment to $billion thief didn't.

It's safe to say that Nigerians adapt too easily to unfairness, unjust and chaos. They're already condition to accept what they "cannot control".

So sad embarassed

They're all over nl fighting tribal wars, creating ethnocentric threads and e-portfolios for irrelevant online posts, drinking beer, praying for God to come down and help them etc..
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:10am On Mar 04, 2013
A-ZeD:

I don't agree with the bold part. To build a house, you need to get the plan approved. There are so many buildings in Lagos without approval and if they were to be demolished today, people will cry foul play.
Like i said, i sympathize with them because i know what its like to not have a place to sleep at night but i also understand that there is no sentiment in governance.
How do you stop people from living in illegal slums if you don't demolish them?
Granted, most of the houses destroyed were illegally located and/or did not meet up Government plan, but government owes the electorate basic amenities, and the poor people did not advocate for these amenities, they simply need a cushioning, an alternative place to pitch their tents. Must we let our poor sleep in the open, under the unfriendly weather ? Is this too much to ask for ?
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by tantita(m): 1:12am On Mar 04, 2013
FXKing2012: Sacrifices must be made for development to take place, but Africans usually dont like making sacrifices (except sacrificing to deities) which is why Africa is so underdeveloped.
...sharaaap ur indeed a fool..if by nw u cnt tel dt dos poor homeless ppl hv natin mor to sacrifice thn like i said earlier ur indeed a fool!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by YorubaOmoge: 1:13am On Mar 04, 2013
babapupa:

Shebi we see them posting pictures of the slums to rubbish Lagos... Their cries and crocodile tears concern don't bother me, their problem is tribalism and lawlessness.. .

Forget them.

And it isn't surprising that "them" is the antiYoruba group lol. Incredible.

They shed crocodile tears because they realize that the "bad situation" they discuss about Lagos is being eradicated.

when you give them nothing to say, why won't they get teary-eyed?

Who are they really crying for?

ROTFLMAO!

Nigeria. A case of giving my neighbor fish instead of teaching him how to fish.

They'll sit on their azz and cry for the slum dwellers, but have they gone out of their ways to ACTIVELY decry the situation of slums in Nigeria?

Cry for your neighbors, while you're seated on your comfortable bed, in your best dress and pearly necklace, with a cup of clean water your neighbor will never afford.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by AZeD1(m): 1:15am On Mar 04, 2013
Billyonaire: Granted, most of the houses destroyed were illegally located and/or did not meet up Government plan, but government owes the electorate basic amenities, and the poor people did not advocate for these amenities, they simply need a cushioning, an alternative place to pitch their tents. Must we let our poor sleep in the open, under the unfriendly whether ? Is this too much to ask for ?
Now we are talking. The next question is if those structures were illegal, how do you deal with it. The state doesn't have unlimited funds so decisions have to be made which include(but not limited to)
a)Leave the place as it is (Which hinders development)
b)Demolish the place (which they have done)
c)Compensate the settlers (which will encourage the growth of more slums)
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:15am On Mar 04, 2013
Billyonaire:
I do not condescend to responding to name calling. Apparently, truth is bitter, you are embittered and rattled cos your lousy posts have been revealed by myself humble self for what it is; immature, and you want to transfer the negative energy. I forgive you. Stop blaming the poor for their status, no one chooses poverty over wealth, sometimes the poor's status in life is defined by circumstances beyond their controls, circumstances like unfavorable government polices, etc. I doubt if you understand what I am talking about though. The best approach to tackle issues is for the populace to seek amicable and diplomatic ways of calling a government to order and not via violent revolution. You need a little more education.

Where did I blame the poor for their status I didn't grow up rich(UK standard) as well - so I can relate to poor people everywhere on this planet... However, I had to go out there and get it despite the institutionalised racism out here... I preach the same thing I'm saying on here to lazy and docile fools out here who depends on benefits everyday... And there are still opportunities out here but people are still fighting for more opportunities...

However, in Nigeria, no one seems to be fighting for anything - that's the ish that I don't like...
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by YorubaOmoge: 1:17am On Mar 04, 2013
shymexx:

They're all over nl fighting tribal wars, creating ethnocentric threads and e-portfolios for irrelevant online posts, drinking beer, praying for God to come down and help them etc..

And claiming billionaire on NL grin

gyrating to Tonto-Dike's new song.

Scamming each other.

Wondering why Kim K is not Nigerian.

etc
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by tantita(m): 1:19am On Mar 04, 2013
FXKing2012: Sacrifices must be made for development to take place, but Africans usually dont like making sacrifices (except sacrificing to deities) which is why Africa is so underdeveloped.
...sharaaap ur indeed a fool..if by nw u cnt tel dt dos poor homeless ppl hv natin mor to sacrifice thn like i said earlier ur ndeed a fool!
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:19am On Mar 04, 2013
A-ZeD:

What have the poor people done to change their situation? If government is stealing your money and you don't fight who will fight for you?

I ask you again,can a hungry man fight?
What happened in Odi when they fought?
A chief in makoko was killed in his own home by Fashola's agents
That is what happens to the poor when they fight
The fuel riots of last year had a few killed
If one of those were your brother would you appear in another demonstration?
Some of you ask unreasonable questions

Who do you even refer to as the poor when most graduates in Nigeria are hopeless and jobless
Most people are underemployed and the working class and retirees are owed arrears in salaries
poor or close to poverty in Nigeria is a state that describes most so you are basically describing over 80% of the populace

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by YorubaOmoge: 1:22am On Mar 04, 2013
To be honest now, development in today's Nigeria is IMPOSSIBLE.

Development does not toll in easily.

It costs [size=15pt]TIME[/size], money and effort.

Nigerians of today SHOULD be unselfishly trying to develop a better tomorrow for their [size=15pt]great grandchildren. [/size]

Please.

Just enjoy today's suffering while developing Nigeria for tomorrow.

It's too late. Forget it.

[size=18pt]No MAGICAL president can transform your local village to Dubai overnight. Ko possible.
[/size]

It takes time and effort.

Unfortunately, we're losing time.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:22am On Mar 04, 2013
A-ZeD:

Now we are talking. The next question is if those structures were illegal, how do you deal with it. The state doesn't have unlimited funds so decisions have to be made which include(but not limited to)
a)Leave the place as it is (Which hinders development)
b)Demolish the place (which they have done)
c)Compensate the settlers (which will encourage the growth of more slums)

The Lagos State does not have limited funds, dont lie. Fashola is actually doing nothing with the funds received from Abuja and the Internally generated revenue cos most projects in my part of Lagos are PPP. The Badagry rail project is Loan, we pay average of 1million naira for tenement rate here annually so it runs into hundreds of billions off Naira, so limited funds is just not true. You are missing the point, the poor people are ready to leave the place, but they simply have no funds according to their complaints, I witnessed first hand experience of mothers sleeping outside in the harsh weather. I saw grown men cry. So I need to you to sound convictions on things you see. I understand you want compensation paid, but the question is, is it before or after the demolition ? What arrangements has been made on where the poor people should stay before the bureaucratic bottlenecks prior to compensation. But alas, fashola isnt paying any compensation. Is this just fair ? Think my brother

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:25am On Mar 04, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Scamming each other.

etc

Don't make me puke about the lousy pseudo-billionaire... grin

The Tonto chic can get it, she looks like she likes swallowing babies.. kiss

And Kim K probably sh.agged a naija before she met Kanye, never say never, naija guys get it in... wink

Shopclue a la Ms Allen says hi... Where's Siena Bwahahahahahaha
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by NeoXVI: 1:26am On Mar 04, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Scamming each other.

etc

Yoruba_Omoge:

Forget them.

And it isn't surprising that "them" is the antiYoruba group lol. Incredible.

They shed crocodile tears because they realize that the "bad situation" they discuss about Lagos is being eradicated.

when you give them nothing to say, why won't they get teary-eyed?

Who are they really crying for?

ROTFLMAO!

Nigeria. A case of giving my neighbor fish instead of teaching him how to fish.

They'll sit on their azz and cry for the slum dwellers, but have they gone out of their ways to ACTIVELY decry the situation of slums in Nigeria?

Cry for your neighbors, while you're seated on your comfortable bed, in your best dress and pearly necklace, with a cup of clean water your neighbor will never afford.

The premise of your post is wrong. No one that criticizes a government should be taken as an enemy. Where Fashola does well, he gets his praise. Where he fumbles, he should be called out. THAT'S OUR RESPONSIBILITY AS CITIZENS. We aren't sheep that should support government 100% of the time. That is also why the ACN folks are annoying. They never see anything good with the other side and equally never see anything bad with their side. I'm on neither side. Where there's good, whichever side it is, I appreciate it. I'm sure a few of the other guys here do too. I was actually pinning for Fashola to be vice-president the other day, cos in my view, despite this, he's still one of the best public administrators we have right now. Does that mean he's infallible? NO. Does that mean I should follow him like a sheep 100% of the time? No again. It isn't evil intent on my part if I don't.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:26am On Mar 04, 2013
shymexx:

Where did I blame the poor for their status I didn't grow up rich(UK standard) as well - so I can relate to poor people everywhere on this planet... However, I had to go out there and get it despite the institutionalised racism out here... I preach the same thing I'm saying on here to lazy and docile fools out here who depends on benefits everyday... And there are still opportunities out here but people are still fighting for more opportunities...

However, in Nigeria, no one seems to be fighting for anything - that's the ish that I don't like...
You see yourself ? In UK, an advanced clime with government welfare and food stamp, you didnt fight, you went out there and sweated it out. Yet, you want the unprotected poor in Nigeria, without social welfare to go and fight and be gunned down. You are not a nice guy. I think you should dismantle your entire belief system as regards revolution of the poor. Take it easy when you chastise the poor, in Nigeria, its difficult to cross the middle class to the upper echelon. It took me tears, sweat and blood, so I know what am talking about in this part of the world, but you dont, cos you are a diasporan.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by vandarsar(m): 1:27am On Mar 04, 2013
I second your opinion. I have to add that the electorates now know where to place their thumbs during the next election.

Off to bed...

Billyonaire:

I do not condescend to responding to name calling. Apparently, truth is bitter, you are embittered and rattled cos your lousy posts have been revealed by myself humble self for what it is; immature, and you want to transfer the negative energy. I forgive you. Stop blaming the poor for their status, no one chooses poverty over wealth, sometimes the poor's status in life is defined by circumstances beyond their controls, circumstances like unfavorable government polices, etc. I doubt if you understand what I am talking about though. The best approach to tackle issues is for the populace to seek amicable and diplomatic ways of calling a government to order and not via violent revolution. You need a little more education.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by mekussays: 1:27am On Mar 04, 2013
Am sure they were served notice before the government embarked on demolishing the place. The same thing happen for makoko slum. They were served notice to leave but trust nigerians they ignored it. If u have ever being to a slum u will understand why such drastic action has to taken. All those saying relocate them, where can they be relocated to cuz they r not indigenes, they don't pay tax, they don't contribute to the economy. Lagos was left for too long without controls to check illegal settlement and whether it sounds wrong or not, actions like this has to be taken to bring sanity back because if u live in lagos u will understand why this has to be done.
It might sound really harsh but check out the living conditions in d slum. It is terrible. Human beings are not meant to live like that. Why r people calling it a home when actually it is just wood and zinc that can collapse anytime and kill. These people cannot afford to live in lagos and the solution is to go back from where they came and decongest lagos. We all know they r human but mehn they are causing a menace to the environment, polluting everywhere, breeding all sort of disease, breeding criminals. Fashola actions were harsh but necessary. GBAM
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by AZeD1(m): 1:28am On Mar 04, 2013
babyosisi:

I ask you again,can a hungry man fight?
What happened in Odi when they fought?
A chief in makoko was killed in his own home by Fashola's agents
That is what happens to the poor when they fight
The fuel riots of last year had a few killed
If one of those were your brother would you appear in another demonstration?
Some of you ask unreasonable questions

Who do you even refer to as the poor when most graduates in Nigeria are hopeless and jobless
Most people are underemployed and the working class and retirees are owed arrears in salaries
poor or close to poverty in Nigeria is a state that describes most so you are basically describing over 80% of the populace

So rather than fight the hungry man should stay hungry? You have to fight for your liberation and in Nigeria, all politicians know that nobody wants to die hence they commit all manner of atrocities because they can get away with it.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:28am On Mar 04, 2013
To make Lagos better and less populated is a task that must be done...

I don't really agree with some of the governor's policies, however, all the shanty homes and filth MUST go...

All the dirty motor bikes must be banned as well...

If you've got a problem, question the FG, or go back to your home state...

Lagos state isn't big enough for everyone in Nigeria - there are states ten times bigger than Lagos in Northern Nigeria - everyone can move there to stop the desert encroachment... grin
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:29am On Mar 04, 2013
mekussays: Am sure they were served notice before the government embarked on demolishing the place. The same thing happen for makoko slum. They were served notice to leave but trust nigerians they ignored it. If u have ever being to a slum u will understand why such drastic action has to taken. All those saying relocate them, where can they be relocated to cuz they r not indigenes, they don't pay tax, they don't contribute to the economy. Lagos was left for too long without controls to check illegal settlement and whether it sounds wrong or not, actions like this has to be taken to bring sanity back because if u live in lagos u will understand why this has to be done.
It might sound really harsh but check out the living conditions in d slum. It is terrible. Human beings are not meant to live like that. Why r people calling it a home when actually it is just wood and zinc that can collapse anytime and kill. These people cannot afford to live in lagos and the solution is to go back from where they came and decongest lagos. We all know they r human but mehn they are causing a menace to the environment, polluting everywhere, breeding all sort of disease, breeding criminals. Fashola actions were harsh but necessary. GBAM

To leave and go where?
Is it enough to leave because you were served a notice to leave,where were they supposed to go?

Most of those folks in the worst slums are native Lagosians of many generations
Where do you expect them to go to?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:31am On Mar 04, 2013
@ Billyonaire

I admire your passion to sympathize with the poor . Your compassion for their condition is not a solution and the Lagos government cannot met all their needs with overstretched infrastructure.

The truth is that Lagos can not grow itself into filth or mountain of squalor. Actions has to be taken to correct the mindset of the poor. We have seen that happened in China and else where. They can be very aberrant and difficult to help sometimes. It is time many start returning to their states of origin if they don't have anything meaningful doing in Lagos.

It might seem sentimentally right to give these people back the land, but we might just be creating a bigger disaster in the future. I can see what flooding can do to this people, disease outbreaks,overpopulation, etc.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:33am On Mar 04, 2013
Billyonaire: You see yourself ? In UK, an advanced clime with government welfare and food stamp, you didnt fight, you went out there and sweated it out. Yet, you want the unprotected poor in Nigeria, without social welfare to go and fight and be gunned down. You are not a nice guy. I think you should dismantle your entire belief system as regards revolution of the poor. Take it easy when you chastise the poor, in Nigeria, its difficult to cross the middle class to the upper echelon. It took me tears, sweat and blood, so I know what am talking about in this part of the world, but you dont, cos you are a diasporan.

You think the Brits just handed black people in the UK what we've got today on a platter of gold, no - you're actually dumber than your ID sounds!!!

If you want to know what giving people everything on a platter of gold means, it's definitely how Nigeria got its independence... Perhaps, that's why Nigerians are cowardly because you didn't fight for your freedom... If you had fought for your independence like other people did, Nigerians today won't be as cowardly as you lot are...

Go play checkers in the pub with your mates, only chess players are allowed in here - next!! undecided
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Guk: 1:33am On Mar 04, 2013
Recreation centre at Orile Agege

the State Government has a total number of 20 Orphanage Homes, 30 Youth Centres, one youth hostel and five play grounds.

Are these and many more for the rich?? Have u seen d rich seating at Oshodi recreaional park? People shld try and be objective in their anti people propaganda

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by YorubaOmoge: 1:33am On Mar 04, 2013
Neo-XVI:

The premise of your posts is wrong. No one that criticizes a government should be taken as an enemy. Where Fashola does well, he gets his praise. Where he fumbles, he should be called out. THAT'S OUR RESPONSIBILITY AS CITIZENS. We aren't sheep that should support government 100% of the time. That is also why the ACN folks are annoying. [size=18pt]They never see anything good with the other side and equally never see anything bad with their side. I'm on neither side. [/size]Where there's good, whichever side it is, I appreciate it. I'm sure a few of the other guys here do too. I was actually pinning for Fashola to be vice-president the other day, cos in my view, despite this, he's still one of the best public administrators we have right now. Does that mean he's infallible? NO. Does that mean I should follow him like a sheep 100% of the time? No again. It isn't evil intent on my part if I don't.

Do these people act like they want to see anything good?

Do Nigerians in general act like they want to see anything good?

Slums were not destroyed because the dwellers criticized Fashola (I mean, we can't prove that), they were destroyed because they needed to be destroyed.

How many times has Lagos' slum shown up on documentaries? How many times has it mudded the image of Lagos as a dirty state? hmmmm Weren't nlers complaining about Lagos slum a few months ago? ahhhh oto o.

How many times have the slum dwellers decried their situation? hmmm
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by babapupa: 1:34am On Mar 04, 2013
Billyonaire: The Lagos State does not have limited funds, dont lie. Fashola is actually doing nothing with the funds received from Abuja and the Internally generated revenue cos most projects in my part of Lagos are PPP. The Badagry rail project is Loan, we pay average of 1million naira for tenement rate here annually so it runs into hundreds of billions off Naira, so limited funds is just not true. You are missing the point, the poor people are ready to leave the place, but they simply have no funds according to their complaints, I witnessed first hand experience of mothers sleeping outside in the harsh weather. I saw grown men cry. So I need to you to sound convictions on things you see. I understand you want compensation paid, but the question is, is it before or after the demolition ? What arrangements has been made on where the poor people should stay before the bureaucratic bottlenecks prior to compensation. But alas, fashola isnt paying any compensation. Is this just fair ? Think my brother

So they have enough money right.

Can you please tell us how much allocation they get every month and also how much the igr .Add it together and tell us how much it adds up to every year.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Guk: 1:35am On Mar 04, 2013
1,000 units of housing in Badia in Ijora where the main work will start this year.

Throwing more light on the Ijora Scheme particularly, Governor Fashola declared, “Our intervention is a strategic one to upgrade the quality of life there. It is about a kilometre to the Orile and Costain train stations and we intend to accommodate the present occupiers in the new units in addition to other people who will desire to live there”.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:36am On Mar 04, 2013
all4naija: @ Billyonaire

I admire your passion to sympathize with the poor . Your compassion for their condition is not a solution and the Lagos government cannot met all their needs with overstretched infrastructure.

The truth is that Lagos can not grow itself into filth or mountain of squalor. Actions has to be taken to correct the mindset of the poor. We have seen that happened in China and else where. They can be very aberrant and difficult to help sometimes. It is time many start returning to their states of origin if they don't have anything meaningful doing in Lagos.

It might seem sentimentally right to give these people back the land, but we might just be creating a bigger disaster in the future. I can see what flooding can do to this people, disease outbreaks,overpopulation, etc.
Actually, I am not understanding what you mean by 'It is time many start returning to their states of origin if they don't have anything meaningful doing in Lagos." Is this a grand plan to that effect ? Is Fashola acting a deployment script ? My understandings are from the people I interacted with, mostly yoruba Lagosians who are indigenous. Forgive me if there is a grand plan to send Nigerians away from Republic of Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by YorubaOmoge: 1:36am On Mar 04, 2013
How did Nigerians react to this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBOFGDFyz1I

Oh yea, they sympathized with the subtle story and cry for justice.

A month later. . . . o ti di shut up!

Did Omotola not burn her lovely azz in hot sun during the election just to decry the chaos in Nigeria?

Ki lo sele a month after? Nothing!
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Guk: 1:37am On Mar 04, 2013
The Ojora of Ijora land, Oba Fatai Oyeyinka Ojora on Monday declared the support of the Ojora Chieftaincy family for the plans of the state government to develop a Home Ownership Mortgage Scheme on the wide expanse of land in Iganmu Alawo in Ijora.

Addressing a press conference at his palace in Ijora on the issue, the monarch said the present state of facilities in the area is not conducive to exist in, adding that it lacks the major infrastructural facilities.

He explained that the area has become a nuisance and that some eight to ten years ago, the former administration in the state demolished the shanties that were in the area but that the structures returned after some time.

The Oba appealed to the residents of Iganmu Alawo to cooperate with the State Government on the proposed housing project, adding that it would be of immense benefit to the whole community and the state.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:41am On Mar 04, 2013
shymexx:

You think the Brits just handed black people in the UK what we've got today on a platter of gold, no - you're actually dumber than your ID sounds!!!

If you want to know what giving people everything on a platter of gold means, it's definitely how Nigeria got its independence... Perhaps, that's why Nigerians are cowardly because you didn't fight for your freedom... If you had fought for your independence like other people did, Nigerians today won't be as cowardly as you lot are...

Go play checkers in the pub with your mates, only chess players are allowed in here - next!! undecided
You are loosing it already. I refuse to be insulted and I demand your respect. I am not in any way going to exchange ill-words with you cos apparently you are not well-cultured, and not well-lettered. My points are very very clear. Lagos state government have right to demolish, but should provide alternative for the poor who have no where else to go. There is no society without the poor, but the poor have rights to life and decent living courtesy of the government. Even when the poor has nothing, they have thumps and they voted.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:43am On Mar 04, 2013
babapupa:

So they have enough money right.

Can you please tell us how much allocation they get every month and also how much the igr .Add it together and tell us how much it adds up to every year.
You can do that at your spare time. I am a very busy person.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by NeoXVI: 1:45am On Mar 04, 2013
Guk: 1,000 units of housing in Badia in Ijora where the main work will start this year.

Throwing more light on the Ijora Scheme particularly, Governor Fashola declared, “Our intervention is a strategic one to upgrade the quality of life there. It is about a kilometre to the Orile and Costain train stations and we intend to accommodate the present occupiers in the new units in addition to other people who will desire to live there”.

Much as I wish and hope that this turns out to be true, it just seems like it won't be. Did they tell that to those folks? Did they document those that lived there before the demolition? Did they get their forwarding address or tell them who to go and meet in due time to make their claim for getting a housing unit when it is completed? Did they tell them when these new units will get completed?

From the story of how the place was demolished and the subsequent press conference, it doesn't look like there's a yes for any of these questions.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

"Lagos Is For Obi" Banner Spotted In Front Of A Woman's Shop (Photo) / South-West Monarchs To Save Osinbajo From Impeachment - The Guardian / Saraki Doles Out N5m For Ailing Actors, Promises To Transform Nollywood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.