Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,138 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless (46914 Views)

Fatal Auto Crash In Lagos Leaving Six Dead / Picture Of Slums In The Usa / Eye On Lagos - Emergency Services. Is Lagos Leaving Nigeria Behind? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by babapupa: 2:20am On Mar 04, 2013
Neo-XVI:

How dumb can you be? You come with a claim that Fashola said this and that and expect me to believe without asking questions? If you are a sheep, please don't assume we all are. That is the reason the country is so messed up, cos no one ask questions. How can you claim Fashola said they will build a thousand housing units for those folks, meanwhile they demolished their houses without even documenting those that lived there in the first place. I'm supposed to believe that? So when the houses are completed, how will government know the people that lived there before without any documentation? Can you now see how dumb you are?

If there's documentation, tell me there's one. If not, please stop quoting me if you have nothing sensible to say.
I posted the link to the full story and stated that clearly. It was too long to post here. Sorry, I'm not a government azzlicker.

Relax, I got your flow. It doesn't matter what they say or didn't say, you still wont believe them because believing their story means you are accepting that you allegations are baseless.I know people like you.

Only dumb people refuse facts when confronted with it so we know who is really dumb.

At least we've gotten to the bottom of your false story and allegations and all your baseless lies and gra gra deceptions can not change that.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 2:23am On Mar 04, 2013
babyosisi:

So where do the natives in those areas go to when Fashola decides to demolish their slum homes that the family has occupied for generations
Do you get it now @ shymexx?
Dont mind that guy, he has probably lost touch with reality.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 2:24am On Mar 04, 2013
babyosisi:

And there are no slums in epe inhabited by people like you?
Do u get it now?

Who's this girl on about I put it to you that the state governor will NEVER go over there to destroy their homes there... That's there ancestral village and he can never dare try it...

The slum dwellers are illegal occupiers - peep the difference...

And people like me don't dwell in slums, however, I can't say the same about people like you... We don't occupy illegal lands, we live on our ancestral lands... Even the brits got a bit of our wrath when they tried it - waterside Ijebu people don't joke around, we're warriors!! grin

*If you don't know now you know*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JZom_gVfuw
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 2:26am On Mar 04, 2013
Neo-XVI:
It's a good thing to have an ambitious governor that wants to develop lagos fast, but it shouldn't be done on the backs of the poor. Leadership should have a human face.

In the 21st century, a SAN doesnt know what is called compensation.

Or he makes mother nature ask these residents ''why should you be poor as to occupy a slum''

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by NeoXVI: 2:27am On Mar 04, 2013
babapupa:
Relax, I got your flow. It doesn't matter what they say or didn't say, you still wont believe them because believing their story means you are accepting that you allegations are baseless.I know people like you.
At least we've gotten to the bottom of your false story and allegations and all your baseless lies and gra gra deceptions can not change that.

Lol. I'm not the reporter who wrote the story. Go take that up with the new york times. You're a paid govt hack and there's no arguing with you. Provide an answer to this simple question: did they document those that lived there before the demolition, so that when the units are built those folks can go with an ID and get an apartment? Yes or no, Mister?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 2:28am On Mar 04, 2013
shymexx:

Who's this girl on about I put it to you that the state governor will NEVER go over there to destroy their homes there... That's there ancestral village and he can never dare try it...

The slum dwellers are illegal occupiers - peep the difference...

And people like me don't dwell in slums, however, I can't say the same about people like you... We don't occupy illegal lands, we live on our ancestral lands... Even the brits got a bit of our wrath when they tried it - waterside Ijebu people don't joke around, we're warriors!! grin

*If you don't know now you know*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JZom_gVfuw

And the people of makoko were settlers ?
Some slums are allowed and others are not?
The natives can live in slums and others are forbidden from doing so
Are you making any sense at all
If Fashola's aim is to beautify Lagos,why would he leave out the slums of Epe where your family comes from
Una and dorty don reach agreement ?
Una sign blood covenant?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 2:29am On Mar 04, 2013
Lagos is not for everyone same way LA, NY or Miami is not for everybody. I believe government should have human face but not at the same time should not condone illegalities.Developing shanties is not a way of life. The government was generous enough to have issued several warnings and notice alike before eventual demolition.

The message is clear, people should obey law. Don't build shanties under bridges, don't marry five wives and build "a room and a parlour" under bridge.
Lagos is moving, sacrifices must be made. Not many know the history of present day VI. Some folks were evicted years back.

But all the same, I still have reservations on how it was implemented.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 2:30am On Mar 04, 2013
babyosisi:

And the people of makoko were settlers ?
Some slums are allowed and others are not?
The natives can live in slums and others are forbidden from doing so
Are you making any sense at all
If Faola's aim is to beautify Lagos,why would he leave out the slums of Epe where your family comes from
Una and dorty don reach agreement
Una sign covenant?

I never wanted to laugh, but couldnt help myself.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 2:31am On Mar 04, 2013
FXKing2012: Sacrifices must be made for development to take place, but Africans usually dont like making sacrifices (except sacrificing to deities) which is why Africa is so underdeveloped.

What will it cost your development hungry governor to provide alternative abode for suffering masses ?

Or can you give up your shelter(land and house if you have one) for free for your nonsense state to develop ?
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 2:31am On Mar 04, 2013
Billyonaire:

I never wanted to laugh, but couldnt help myself.

Hehehehehe
Laff no go kill me too
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 2:32am On Mar 04, 2013
Prof Corruption: Lagos is not for everyone same way LA, NY or Miami is not for everybody. I believe government should have human face but not at the same time should not condone illegalities.Developing shanties is not a way of life. The government was generous enough to have issued several warnings and notice alike before eventual demolition.

The message is clear, people should obey law. Don't build shanties under bridges, don't marry five wives and build "a room and a parlour" under bridge.
Lagos is moving, sacrifices must be made. Not many know the history of present day VI. Some folks were evicted years back.

But all the same, I still have reservations on how it was implemented.
There were provided alternative residences.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 2:34am On Mar 04, 2013
Billyonaire: There were provided alternative residences.

Many of these people arguing are just out of their teen years and some are actually teens
So it is hard to get them to reason appropriately
Lagos state has in the past provided low cost housing when homes where demolished
Even though those areas are now ghettos and need demolishing today rofl
E never start
If Fashola truly wants Lagos to be what he desires,he needs to level 90% of the state

[size=28pt]He should wait till the rains start
Lekki will turn into a floating slum[/size]
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 2:36am On Mar 04, 2013
babyosisi:

Many of these people arguing are just out of their teen years and some are actually teens
We must always try to show them the truth, and enlighten them. It is a task for you and I and the other well-lettered nairalanders who see beyond sentiments must do.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 2:36am On Mar 04, 2013
Neo-XVI:

Lol. I'm not the reporter who wrote the story. Go take that up with the new york times. You're a paid govt hack and there's no arguing with you. Provide an answer to this simple question: did they document those that lived there before the demolition, so that when the units are built those folks can go with an ID and get an apartment? Yes or no, Mister?
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by babapupa: 2:37am On Mar 04, 2013
Neo-XVI:

Now it's to blame your lies and deceptions on the NYT? What about you getting to the bottom of the story before yelling up and down NL criticizing left and right, even when corrected. Like I said, I know people like you, your main issue is the same anti Lagos Fashola issues we see on NL everyday so it makes no sense to take people like your seriously. The answer to your question is in the same article on this page that you wont read and get educated.

Just learn to get your facts straight next time because you are not talking to dummies..
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by bayahadafada: 2:44am On Mar 04, 2013
Akshow: Lagos is not by force!
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 2:46am On Mar 04, 2013
What is this okirika wake up doing here
Please remove the fake pictures jor
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 2:47am On Mar 04, 2013
babyosisi: What is this okirika wake up doing here
Please remove the fake pictures jor
lol
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Urine: 2:48am On Mar 04, 2013
Nigerians and drama! You all hide behind your computer screens feeling like e-governors. Argue from today till tomorrow the deed has been done, if you feel strongly about this issue or you think it's an act of injustice then go to the court like Mr.Morka. It's simple,the court is the only place this action can be judged as right or wrong.

100% noise 0% action. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 2:49am On Mar 04, 2013
babyosisi:

Lagos state has in the past provided low cost housing when homes where demolished
Even though those areas are now ghettos and need demolishing today rofl
E never start
If Fashola truly wants Lagos to be what he desires,he needs to level 90% of the state

[size=28pt]He should wait till the rains start
Lekki will turn into a floating slum[/size]

The aged sinking grand ma, how are you doing?

Lagos is not for everyone and self victimisation won't even count as an excuse. Don't break the law and then shout " I am poor", the government should pity me.
If you have a "proper" house, LASG is liable to pay compensation and if not, can be rightfully sued to enforce or extract such commitment. But when you heap illegalities upon illegalities, endangering their own lives, defacing the environment and then shouting " can't they see I am poor?" when the law is being enforced. Haba! It's called self victimization.

Well, I expect some folks to make noise in one or two weeks but after that? Lagos is moving.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by NeoXVI: 2:50am On Mar 04, 2013
babapupa:

Now it's to blame your lies and deceptions on the NYT? What about you getting to the bottom of the story before yelling up and down NL criticizing left and right, even when corrected. Like I said, I know people like you, your main issue is the same anti Lagos Fashola issues we see on NL everyday so it makes no sense to take people like your seriously. The answer to your question is in the same article on this page that you wont read and get educated.

Just learn to get your facts straight next time because you are not talking to dummies..

Lies
Still no answer, all blah, blah, blah. You're a waste of my time. Ciao
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 2:52am On Mar 04, 2013
Urine: Nigerians and drama! You all hide behind your computer screens feeling like e-governors. Argue from today till tomorrow the deed has been done, if you feel strongly about this issue or you think it's an act of injustice then go to the court like Mr.Morka. It's simple,the court is the only place this action can be judged as right or wrong.

100% noise 0% action. undecided

Tomorrow there will be threads

Teenager kidnapped
Lagos banker goes missing,body found in Ogun state
Man carjacked and shot in the head
Woman used for rituals
Gunmen invade a home VI

Guess who the perpetrators are?
The same disenfranchised poor you loathe
You can't get away from poverty and the effects
Build your walls to the skies,you will eventually step out in your jeep and they'll be waiting

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 2:53am On Mar 04, 2013
FXKing2012:
Have you bothered to research how Malam El Rufai transformed Abuja thus making it a Nigerian city to be proud of?

No wonder, El Rufai(your role model) now rants like a child on twitter for loss of power to inflict hardship on the less priviledged.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 2:54am On Mar 04, 2013
Prof Corruption:

The aged sinking grand ma, how are you doing?

Lagos is not for everyone and self victimisation won't even count as an excuse. Don't break the law and then shout " I am poor", the government should pity me.
If you have a "proper" house, LASG is liable to pay compensation and if not, can be rightfully sued to enforce or extract such commitment. But when you heap illegalities upon illegalities, endangering their own lives, defacing the environment and then shouting " can't they see I am poor?" when the law is being enforced. Haba! It's called self victimization.

Well, I expect some folks to make noise in one or two weeks but after that? Lagos is moving.

Otu Nne gi wink
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Urine: 2:58am On Mar 04, 2013
babyosisi:

Tomorrow there will be threads

Teenager kidnapped
Lagos banker goes missing,body found in Ogun state
Man carjacked and shot in the head
Woman used for rituals
Gunmen invade a home VI

Guess who the perpetrators are?

The same disenfranchised poor
You can't get away from poverty and the effects

I get your point all I'm saying is that arguing on-line or anywhere doesn't solve the problem the only solution lies in the court of law.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by babapupa: 2:59am On Mar 04, 2013
Neo-XVI:

Lies
Still no answer, all blah, blah, blah. You're a waste of my time. Ciao

“It’s a regeneration of a slum,” he said. “We gave enough notification. The government intends to develop 1,008 housing units. What we removed was just shanties. Nobody was even living in those shanties. Maybe we had a couple of squatters living there.”

Your own problem is lack of ability to read and comprehend, you are also used to your lies and deceptions.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 3:01am On Mar 04, 2013
Urine:

I get your point all I'm saying is that arguing on-line or anywhere doesn't solve the problem the only solution lies in the court of law.

Most of us here were not evicted by Fashola and have no dog in the fight
Doesn't mean we cannot speak out against injustice where we see it
If that is the case why comment on any topics here?
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by babapupa: 3:02am On Mar 04, 2013
babyosisi:

How many dogs do you have in the fight?
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 3:05am On Mar 04, 2013
babyosisi:

Otu Nne gi wink

Onye oshi, aji otu nne gi
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Urine: 3:12am On Mar 04, 2013
babyosisi:

Doesn't mean we cannot speak out against injustice where we see it
If that is the case why comment on any topics here?

Of course you can comment,your freedom of speech is guaranteed. Ask yourself this question, if you comment here and argue till next year will it change the government's decision? In what way have you helped the people affected? Sis, that's the way this new generation should start thinking.All we do as Nigerians is to talk,talk and talk. When are we going to start acting?
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Badcoin: 3:15am On Mar 04, 2013
Gross human rights violations from a Senior Advocate of Naijiriya to boot!
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 3:20am On Mar 04, 2013
Urine:

Of course you can comment,your freedom of speech is guaranteed. Ask yourself this question, if you comment here and argue till next year will it change the government's decision? In what way have you helped the people affected? Sis, that's the way this new generation should start thinking.All we do as Nigerians is to talk,talk and talk. When are we going to start acting?

What sort of stewpid question is this
What is the purpose of your posts on nairaland
Why bother commenting on crime and injustice ,Boko haram or govt looting
Have u changed anything by so doing?
Don't you know the purpose of a discussion forum?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Saraki Doles Out N5m For Ailing Actors, Promises To Transform Nollywood / Buhari Extends Lockdown In Lagos, Abuja, Ogun By 14 Days / Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.