Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Why Men Like Confident Women. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Men Like Confident Women. (27248 Views)

Here's The Real Reason Men Like Big Butts / In Relationships...Confident Women Attract Confident Men / Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by OdenigboAroli1: 6:00pm On Mar 08, 2013
huni_naija:

That's not true at all, i don't think you understand the term "confident" woman. She has her values and will not be put down by anyone, doesn't mean she wont submit to her husband. Seems you want a slave as a wife... undecided

It is well

There you go with the slave line again, why? There is only one definition for confidence, and it does not work well in a married relationship. There is no way a woman will be confident and be submissive at the same time..... its like eating your cake and having it right back. Foe a woman to be confident, she must have to move ahead of her husband most of the time, and the man must be made to look like a houseboy.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by sweetrace(f): 6:00pm On Mar 08, 2013
Noooooo! Most Nigerian men don't like confident women. They think confidence is the antonym of submissive.

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by mysticgal(f): 6:01pm On Mar 08, 2013
am a confident but shy lady,i am independent,sings#miss independent,dats y i luv ha#
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by vislabraye(m): 6:02pm On Mar 08, 2013
A confident woman should be able to look a man that she loves in his face and say,"I love you." Since she's confident, she should toast any man she wants to.

A confident woman should be able to try out new styles with husband.

A confident woman should buy her husband gifts.

A confident woman should volunteer to join the army and be in the war front.

A confident woman should be able to take riskier jobs.

In fact, a confident woman should not be a feminist because she can do what a man can do and even better.

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by huninaija(f): 6:02pm On Mar 08, 2013
Soso990240: na dis song mk my neighbour wan kill him wife..cee beatin dat day.

Your neighbour is a beast, he doesn't deserve a confident woman talk less of a wife! Mtcheewww

1 Like

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by lat4real: 6:04pm On Mar 08, 2013
Ampeaceful: 9ice writ up....... Buh most 9jiran men dn't go 4 confident womn...cuz de r puffd up wit pride,dey alwayz lyk 2 hav d final say,teln u hw wrng u r in dealin wit sm ish,argumentativs etc...buh wen u tlk bout a vry quiet,humbl n shy wman,d@ does wtva u tel her,agrees on wtva u say weda trueorfalse, de r d 1ce 9ja men chas up&dwn... grin

Confidence with humility is not a trait of Nigerian Women .
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by OdenigboAroli1: 6:07pm On Mar 08, 2013
sweetrace: Noooooo! Most Nigerian men don't like confident women. They think confidence is the antonym of submissive.

But it is, the confident woman is fearless, and that means she is ready to voice her opinions even if the husband will be annoyed. This may mean she will come to the family meeting and moderate every discussion. The confident woman takes decisions on her own, and implements it. Most times they see thair husbands as "too slo" old school and needs to step aside while she should be in front. But when the shait hits the ceiling fan, she will like to push the man to the front to take the blame.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 08, 2013
Logicboy03: Nonsense,

Infact there are many men who like shy women. A confident woman might have gained that confidence from being a village bicycle. shocked

Confidence does not equal brave, courageous or being a good decision maker.
i know some people will use their stewpeedity to ruin a reasonable thread like this.infact it's been long since i saw a thread that makes sense like this,if its not is beyonce hotter than kim kardashian,it will be pictures of tonto dike making love to wiz kid or pictures of cossy's breast or pictures of mercy johnson,at least this gave me encouragement because i was getting tired of nairalans stewpeedity and the people therein till i saw this.at least if i wanted to see pictures of celebrities,i will kuku buy ovation magazine or city people and feed my eyes till am satisfied
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 08, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli.:

But it is, the confident woman is fearless, and that means she is ready to voice her opinions even if the husband will be annoyed. This may mean she will come to the family meeting and moderate every discussion. The confident woman takes decisions on her own, and implements it. Most times they see thair husbands as "too slo" old school and needs to step aside while she should be in front. But when the shait hits the ceiling fan, she will like to push the man to the front to take the blame.
that is not true.a confident woman is different from a rash,forward,lousy and overbearing woman.those attributes you gave are not what a confident woman is or what she will do.a confident woman is self secured, she is not suffering from inferiority or superiority complex and jealousy. she respects herself and others around her,dont mix things up

1 Like

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 08, 2013
For real? Did you carry out a research to come to this conclusion?
Odenigbo Aroli.:
Most confident women makes bad wives......
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 08, 2013
man can only meet up in lyf wen he has a confident wife.

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 08, 2013
Great!!!
Okiki_Oluwa: Yawns! I like confident women.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by OdenigboAroli1: 6:19pm On Mar 08, 2013
kulyie: that is not true.a confident woman is different from a rash,forward,lousy and overbearing woman.those attributes you gave are not what a confident woman is or what she will do.a confident woman is self secured, she is not suffering from inferiority or superiority complex and jealousy. she respects herself and others around her,dont mix things up

My uncle's wife is very confident, and we know where it took the poor man to. We dont freely visit them now, except you want me to stay around and watch the woman confidently dictate for the man what she wants.

1 Like

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 08, 2013
lat4real:

Confidence with humility is not a trait of Nigerian Women .
you will say the ones you've come across.the nigerian population is 14o million and 7o percent are women from different tribes,clans and ethnic group,so it is completly unreasonable to say 'all nigerian women are this or that' speak about the ones you've come across except you want to include you mom,aunt,female cousins and sisters as part of the list

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by OdenigboAroli1: 6:21pm On Mar 08, 2013
sanb: For real? Did you carry out a research to come to this conclusion?

Do I need to, read the original post again and come back and tell me how you can adapt those listed qualities inside a home, under a man.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by goodmike7: 6:23pm On Mar 08, 2013
Most Nigerian women are shy and timid.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by goodmike7: 6:23pm On Mar 08, 2013
Most Nigerian women are shy and timid and you can't be shy and confident. Its impossible.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by OdenigboAroli1: 6:24pm On Mar 08, 2013
kulyie: you will say the ones you've come across.the nigerian population is 14o million and 7o percent are women from different tribes,clans and ethnic group,so it is completly unreasonable to say 'all nigerian women are this or that' speak about the ones you've come across except you want to include you mom,aunt,female cousins and sisters as part of the list

Just pray your family member dont bring into your family a confident woman as wife, she will have the confidence to tell you where you beleong and what your rights are in the family.

1 Like

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 08, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli.:

My uncle's wife is very confident, and we know where it took the poor man to. We dont freely visit them now, except you want me to stay around and watch the woman confidently dictate for the man what she wants.
then that is not a confident woman.a confident woman can still be confident yet meek and submissive,when i say meek i dont mean gullible or subservient.even the bible says wives submit yourselves unto your husbands IN ACCORDANCE TO THE WILL OF GOD

1 Like

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Deiok(m): 6:26pm On Mar 08, 2013
you are right.
vislabraye: A confident woman should be able to look a man that she loves in his face and say,"I love you." Since she's confident, she should toast any man she wants to.

A confident woman should be able to try out new styles with husband.

A confident woman should buy her husband gifts.

A confident woman should volunteer to join the army and be in the war front.

A confident woman should be able to take riskier jobs.

In fact, a confident woman should not be a feminist because she can do what a man can do and even better.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 08, 2013
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by anitank(f): 6:28pm On Mar 08, 2013
A real man (Nigerian or not) will always want a confident woman as a partner.
Only men with low self esteem and zero I.Q run away from confident women for fear of intimidation

7 Likes

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 08, 2013
Well said...
Peter55: man can only meet up in lyf wen he has a confident wife.

1 Like

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 08, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli.:

Just pray your family member dont bring into your family a confident woman as wife, she will have the confidence to tell you where you beleong and what your rights are in the family.
i am still saying the same thing confidence and disrespect for others especially those older than you are not the same thing,there is healthy confidence and unhealthy confidence.healthy confidence is being self secured yet having regard and respect for others,negative confidence is arrogance and behaving as if one is better of than those around you,by the way confidence is a good character,a virtue that should be instilled in every woman so why are you making it seem as though a confident woman is an ill mannered woman

1 Like

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Idowuogbo(f): 6:32pm On Mar 08, 2013
xynerise: Men also like confident women because they can take up a quarrel started by her husband in a face-me-I-face-you apartment. For example, Idowuogbo is a confident woman grin
F00lish guy! grin grin
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 08, 2013
Just as the article states, it's achievable....
Odenigbo Aroli.:

Do I need to, read the original post again and come back and tell me how you can adapt those listed qualities inside a home, under a man.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by goodmike7: 6:35pm On Mar 08, 2013
sanb: Maybe the ones you've met. But I’ll say that there’re lots of Nigerian women who posses the quality of being confident, humble and being submissive to their spouse all at the same time....

Lies
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by juman(m): 6:35pm On Mar 08, 2013
Hope the confident women are not equal to bull dog women. grin
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 08, 2013
anitank: A real man (Nigerian or not) will always want a confident woman as a partner.
Only men with low self esteem and zero I.Q run away from confident women for fear of intimidation
exactly,as a matter of fact i respect and admire a confident woman and i will be happy if any of my brothers marry a confident woman that will say shewa no,why dont you do it or see it this way as opposed to the yes ma,should i come and wash your clothe for you,and timid,shy,bimboish and edgy lady

1 Like

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by OdenigboAroli1: 6:37pm On Mar 08, 2013
anitank: A real man (Nigerian or not) will always want a confident woman as a partner.

low self esteem is better than being a house boy in your home, sometimes you have to have zero IQ to survive.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 08, 2013
Really? Probably not.....
goodmike7:

Lies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

8 Signs She’s Lost Interest In You / Ladies, Do You Prefer To Be Very Rich Or Have A Very Rich Husband? / .

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.