Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Why Men Like Confident Women. - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Men Like Confident Women. (27251 Views)

Here's The Real Reason Men Like Big Butts / In Relationships...Confident Women Attract Confident Men / Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by vanbonattel: 2:55pm On Mar 09, 2013
kulyie: i am giving an example of a confident woman yet humble.dont be mistaken,it is very possible for a woman to be sucessful yet confident and at the same time humble,i was replying the earlier poste1 who asked me whether i have gone to her house before and i said i have only gone for her wedding anniversary so for her to do that,i know she has the virtues of what i call a REAL SUCCESSFUL woman,i dont know why you guys thinks its impossible for a woman to be successful,confident yet humble

You summarized the whole marriage by attending just one anniversary and maybe believing all the lies they tell to save face? They may have a big fight at night after you visitors have left.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:09pm On Mar 09, 2013
kenex4ever: .

U r so funny, makes me wanna keep laughing
tanx 4 d compliment. Its d humor dat keeps me going.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 09, 2013
van bonattel:

You summarized the whole marriage by attending just one anniversary and maybe believing all the lies they tell to save face? They may have a big fight at night after you visitors have left.
lol nigerians and bad belle spirit chai cheesy why are you always unhappy whenever you see a happy family and by the way of couse in every family they have their ups and downs and when they fight,thats perfectly normal,couples have disagreemement and they settle it so is it possible for a spouse to be having internal issues with each other yet do wedding anniversary,haba,you to think am na.if a husband and wife is always at loggerheads with each other and never at peace,will they have time and emotional bond to do wedding anniversary cheesy
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by iammodel(m): 9:12pm On Mar 09, 2013
Love dem confident! My 2 ex were/are very confident. They were very sincere only that they lacked tolerance. Another confident one is giving me though time presently, she told me point blank on a date that she won't accept an engagement ring, if I'm ready for marriage then I should let her know asap.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Angel15(f): 12:06am On Mar 10, 2013
pleep: Then the 'confident' ladies should go for the shy men.... that way the equation would balance.

However, yall would rather get with confident men and complain. Confident men generally want submissive women...thats not our fault. You have a million shy men who are dying for some play, why dont u get with them? tongue

There is a solution to every problem if you would just stop complaining and take it wink
Yes there is, but ur analysis may nt wrk because its the shy man dat will have to woo the confident woman and nt d other way round. Our confidence get levels.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by pleep(m): 2:32am On Mar 10, 2013
Angel_7:
Yes there is, but ur analysis may nt wrk because its the shy man dat will have to woo the confident woman and nt d other way round. Our confidence get levels.
See thats the issue... you 'confident' ladies are not actually confident you are just overbearing.

If you were really "confident" you would not have a problem asking a submissive man out. We confident men ask girls out all the time. The main thing that will prevent a person from making the first move is fear, not 'levels'. You are scared of looking bad.

Believe me a real assertive/confident woman is not sitting around at a bar waiting for some dude to buy her a drink. grin
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 10, 2013
pleep: When people talk about confident women (and men) its usually a euphamism for something else, and that is an overbearing personality.

The vast majority of people have a natural level of self-confidence, its nothing to brag about. I'm sure 90% of the posters here would describe themselves as confident. The people that overly identify with their confidence are better off with more docile partners. Its a character trait that does not clash well, w/e yall want to say.

If you are an overbearing woman and you are "intimidating guys," do the logical thing and date shy men. Don't just sit around complaining when the solution is all around you

Confidence is not a euphemism for overbearing. Confidence is an attitude, or positive energy, or charisma a person exudes that makes them appear cool, in control of things, successful. Carriage, poise, mainting eye contact, a firm handshake, a sure-footed walk, 100watt smile....and people around you are drawn to you because you appear self-assured and secure.
Confidence comes from within. You gain it from self accomplishment and a sense of self-worth. Being confidence is very different from being pompous or self-important. If you're pompous, you will constantly seek to assert yourself by condescending or patronizing others to feel superior. Pompous people are braggarts. Confidence is not a whiplash like that, it`s simply a halo over your head.
Everyone is attracted to confident people (it`s a seductive quality how can u not be stirred by it),be it prospective employers or men/women looking for mates. It`s easier to trust a confident person with your business or your heart.
And contrary to what you claim, confident ppl are not best matched with docile ppl. Pompous ppl are best matched with docile ppl. Confidence doesn't intimidate it just is.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by pleep(m): 8:09am On Mar 10, 2013
Like i said earlier... the vaast majority of attractive women have a natural level of confidence. That is not abnormal.

But when people over-identify with their confidence i.e "Strong Black Women" or "Macks" it is usually a euphamism for an over-bearing personality. If you think your personality intimidates men it is most likely not normal feminine confidence, but rather masculine aggressive behavior that people often mistake for confidence
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by komek(m): 8:44am On Mar 10, 2013
AjanleKoko: I'm not so sure Nigerian men like confident women, to be honest undecided
Nigerian men do, just that we don't have confident women in Nigeria. What we have are bunch of disrepectful women who are after women empowerment in order to take over from the men. Which I deduce from the OP as not being the defination of confidence

3 Likes

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by pleep(m): 9:02am On Mar 10, 2013
komek:
Nigerian men do, just that we don't have confident women in Nigeria. What we have are bunch of disrepectful women who are after women empowerment in order to take over from the men. Which I deduce from the OP as not being the defination of confidence
exactly, what they call confidence it not real confidence. Its just hassle
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by tintingz(m): 9:16am On Mar 10, 2013
Every woman will always claim confident woman. . . .but for a woman to grow over confidence is something else...a woman who is ready to insult her husband in public anytime anywhere grin

A ''shy'' and confident woman hmmm...i love em grin
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 10, 2013
tintingz: A ''shy'' and confident woman hmmm...i love em grin

....Why?
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 10, 2013
The Women many of you are describing in this thread are not Confident Women.....

A Confident woman is not Loud, Demanding,Demeaning,Overly Aggressive or anything of the Sort.

Those type of women are the most Insecure Women on the planet

I have a Family Full of Them...

They all project this outer Layer of Supposed "Strong Women"...but in the house around family..they are miserable and cry and always sad and depressed

I can recall my aunts....who many Black Men Adored and Lusted after...

They were the type who said..."I don't date broke niqqahs...I don't date a niqqah who ain't a Balla"...~~Royalz Aunts.

Yeah Outside, they put on that Fake Facade as if they were Independent and Confident....

Yeah Outside, they belittled men and humiliated them with their dominance....

But Inside the House...3am, they were crying to me..."their nephew" whining about how all Black Men aren't shitt..and why they could not get a Man.

Many of you have the concept of confident woman twisted.

A Real Confident Woman is one free of any insecurities.

This Breeds freedom and Free Flowing Positive Energy that are Vibrant Vines Throughout her Soul..and You Will Feel It

I Love Confident Women....
Real Confident Women.... cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by pleep(m): 10:22am On Mar 10, 2013
The thing is real confident women don't usually indentify with their confidence.... the loud overbearing women do. So whenever confidence in females is brought up it usually becomes a euphamism for the type of chicks you are describing above ^

When you see real confidence in a man or women, it will be through their actions not their words.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 10, 2013
That's very True Pleep

Ill give you an example of a confident woman.....

Did you see what Shymexx wrote to Oguagua88 that night they were all doing their Tribal Bullshit?

...She came in the thread, read it...and never responded to tha niqqah

I wrote..."Classy Lady"....

That's a Confident Woman right there.

Notice she doesn't act like a lot of the Other Females on this Site. She is more Secure.

Hence the Reason, why you rarely ever see those Bizarre Emotional Outburst From Her.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by pleep(m): 11:08am On Mar 10, 2013
Exactly, if i were to name the top most confident women on this forum it would be; African1 (i miss you kiss ), oguagua88 and Nayah

female confidence is usually very subtle and every decent man can appreciate it.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by pleep(m): 11:12am On Mar 10, 2013
And jallowba
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 10, 2013
pleep: Exactly, if i were to name the top most confident women on this forum it would be; African1 (i miss you kiss ), oguagua88 and Nayah

female confidence is usually very subtle and every decent man can appreciate it.

Yeah Bro, Confident females are always on the move and much more Lowkey, You never see them involved in Bullshit/Immature Shiit.

Because the truth is...

When you are a Really Pretty Girl....The World is At Ya Fingertips

And Thus, there is no reason to ever be Mad.

One of the Main Traits of Confidence in a Woman is "Emotional Consistency" And Mental Stability.

I Love my Confident Woman.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 10, 2013
When you see a Woman that is Alwayzzzzz Madddddd.....

Yet hiding behind the Facade of "Strong Woman"...

No you ain't

And Truthfully, you aren't fooling anybody Either.

Strangely Enough, i am physically attracted to those Emotional Unsteady Loud Psychotic Chicks As Well

But I Respect nothing more.....

Than a True Confident Woman that Naturally Floats Above Primitive Bullshit with a Feminine Elegance for all to Admire
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 10, 2013
Like yo, If Baby Girl Always Mad, at different People, and Always holding Grudges, and Always Bitter...

Then it must be something wrong with Babygirl, not the World.

#ImjussSayin

Shouts out to my Confident Classy Women Out There.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by tintingz(m): 11:31am On Mar 10, 2013
♥Royal♥Charm♥:

....Why?
they dont do silly things...
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 10, 2013
Shy women don't do silly things?

I Beg to differ Brother TingTingz
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 10, 2013
komek:

You're absolutely right. The definition of confidence should not be confused with brazen, loud, disrespectful, feminist or even “career woman”. Confident means confident and it`s good.
Ps: although the typical Nigerian woman may not be a woman of confidence, we do have confident women in Nigeria
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by vanbonattel: 12:05pm On Mar 10, 2013
komek:

Sure, those qualities up there are those of arrogant women. You dont hear confidence, you see it in action.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by vanbonattel: 12:07pm On Mar 10, 2013
kulyie: lol nigerians and bad belle spirit chai cheesy why are you always unhappy whenever you see a happy family and by the way of couse in every family they have their ups and downs and when they fight,thats perfectly normal,couples have disagreemement and they settle it so is it possible for a spouse to be having internal issues with each other yet do wedding anniversary,haba,you to think am na.if a husband and wife is always at loggerheads with each other and never at peace,will they have time and emotional bond to do wedding anniversary cheesy

Fights and disagreements perfectly normal in a marriage? would you wish to be in constant fight with your spouse? YES or NO?
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 10, 2013
van bonattel:

Fights and disagreements perfectly normal in a marriage? would you wish to be in constant fight with your spouse? YES or NO?
to answer your question yes,couples too have their moments of disagreement,thats normal.even the tongue and teet clash however it becomes abnormal when the clash turns to an everyday affair
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 10, 2013
van bonattel:

to answer your question yes,couples too have their moments of disagreement,thats normal.even the tongue and teet clash however it becomes abnormal when the clash turns to an everyday affair.also i will like to have minue or no fight at all.it is possible with prayer,hardwork and respect for each other
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by seyibrown(f): 1:58am On Mar 11, 2013
Matthew briggs: I respect the choices of others especially those that are afraid or detest confident women.
But I would like us not to confuse confidence for stubbornness or pride. once again I respect your taste and choices.

Personally I love women with a fine blend of confidence & humility. A woman that believes in herself, her ideas , convictions and dreams, she's hardly swayed by public opinions. A woman that is very comfortable in her own skin. She is goal driven and takes initiative.

Confident women are smart. They engage your mind, They bring ideas to the table, They add value to a relationship instead of taking it, they make you sit up as a man. They are have strong character and will.

She will be a Michelle to your Obama, she can hardly fall your hand any place but instead take you higher.

When a confident woman loves you, She truly does, Because in the first place she can do without you, but chooses not.

Blessed is the man that can Tame them. Moreover if you are not a very confident, intelligent and of strong character you can't handle or tame them.

Three core things that I find attractive in a woman is Confidence, intelligence and sex-appeal with her being God fearing by default.

NB:- The sad thing is that majority of people (men and women) mistake proud, stubborn and assertive women as confident women which should not be so.
#Mathew Briggs.

This is one real man talking, meeeeeen! grin Thank God men like you still exist! My head just dey swell like say na love letter you write sha! grin
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Angel15(f): 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2013
pleep: See thats the issue... you 'confident' ladies are not actually confident you are just overbearing.

If you were really "confident" you would not have a problem asking a submissive man out. We confident men ask girls out all the time. The main thing that will prevent a person from making the first move is fear, not 'levels'. You are scared of looking bad.

Believe me a real assertive/confident woman is not sitting around at a bar waiting for some dude to buy her a drink. grin

In d first place, "submisiveness" is meant for a women not men. I personally get irritate by a man dat can't stand for who he is. I think u guys r misinterpreting dis confident thing a bit. No matter how confident a woman if it's not to the advantage of a man(patner) den its zero. That a woman is confident does nt mean she lost her pride. It our pride for man to go all the way for us, dats the fun. My understanding of a confident woman is a virtuous woman. Yes, a confident woman can walk into a bar have fun and pay bills. What I'm against is dat some men take undue advantage of women with this quality.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by AjanleKoko: 1:29pm On Mar 11, 2013
This whole man-woman drama is grossly overrated.
Confident man, confident woman, bla bla bla. Get over yourselves jare tongue
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nellyd(f): 2:34pm On Mar 11, 2013
k2039: [size=13pt] I agree with you in all totality.
I was just about to right the same about bolded.
[/size]
It takes confidence to be brave, courageous and a good decision maker.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by pleep(m): 10:37pm On Mar 11, 2013
Angel_7:

In d first place, "submisiveness" is meant for a women not men. I personally get irritate by a man dat can't stand for who he is. I think u guys r misinterpreting dis confident thing a bit. No matter how confident a woman if it's not to the advantage of a man(patner) den its zero. That a woman is confident does nt mean she lost her pride. It our pride for man to go all the way for us, dats the fun. My understanding of a confident woman is a virtuous woman. Yes, a confident woman can walk into a bar have fun and pay bills. What I'm against is dat some men take undue advantage of women with this quality.
No they dont lol. Men love women like this, they dont "take advantage of them" dos that make sense most guys wont even let a girl by them a drink

girls who pay for their own stuff are independant and men have no leverage on them.

Im not saying you should change, just don't make stuff up

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ladies, Do You Prefer To Be Very Rich Or Have A Very Rich Husband? / Ladies, Can You Kneel Down For Your Husband Openly? / Tiwa Savage's Naked Photo In Bed With A Man Sends Internet Into Frenzy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.