Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Why Men Like Confident Women. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Men Like Confident Women. (27249 Views)

Here's The Real Reason Men Like Big Butts / In Relationships...Confident Women Attract Confident Men / Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by OdenigboAroli1: 6:38pm On Mar 08, 2013
kulyie: i am still saying the same thing confidence and disrespect for others especially those older than you are not the same thing,there is healthy confidence and unhealthy confidence.healthy confidence is being self secured yet having regard and respect for others,negative confidence is arrogance and behaving as if one is better of than those around you,by the way confidence is a good character,a virtue that should be instilled in every woman so why are you making it seem as though a confident woman is an ill mannered woman

The original post talks of only one confidence....... dont split it.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 08, 2013
sorry, but does Odenigbo Aroli even know the meaning of confident? and does he know that confidence has different meanings?
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by ifihearam: 6:40pm On Mar 08, 2013
ItsModella: sorry, but does Odenigbo Aroli even know the meaning of confident? and does he know that confidence has different meanings?

Perhaps u should enlighten us with the different meanings of confidence ooo

1 Like

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by OdenigboAroli1: 6:41pm On Mar 08, 2013
ItsModella: sorry, but does Odenigbo Aroli even know the meaning of confident? and does he know that confidence has different meanings?

so which of these "different meanings" is being talked about in the original post?
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by lat4real: 6:41pm On Mar 08, 2013
kulyie: you will say the ones you've come across.the nigerian population is 14o million and 7o percent are women from different tribes,clans and ethnic group,so it is completly unreasonable to say 'all nigerian women are this or that' speak about the ones you've come across except you want to include you mom,aunt,female cousins and sisters as part of the list

There you go, can't you see that I just replied your fellow lady who said Nigerian men are full of pride? Did she sample all Nigerian men before she resulted to such conclusion? Nigerian Men she has come across are full of pride, while Nigerian confidence Women i have come across lack humility.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 08, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli.:

The original post talks of only one confidence....... dont split it.
ok then,i am refering to good confidence,its a virtue i admire in women and men cheesy
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 08, 2013
Spot on...
anitank: A real man (Nigerian or not) will always want a confident woman as a partner.
Only men with low self esteem and zero I.Q run away from confident women for fear of intimidation
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 08, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli.:

so which of these "different meanings" is being talked about in the original post?
confidence as in being sure of one's self, confidence as in not being an indecisive muppet.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by ifihearam: 6:43pm On Mar 08, 2013
kulyie: i am still saying the same thing confidence and disrespect for others especially those older than you are not the same thing,there is healthy confidence and unhealthy confidence.healthy confidence is being self secured yet having regard and respect for others,negative confidence is arrogance and behaving as if one is better of than those around you,by the way confidence is a good character,a virtue that should be instilled in every woman so why are you making it seem as though a confident woman is an ill mannered woman

Yes most so called confident nigerian women are ill mannered .
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 08, 2013
You got it...
kulyie: that is not true.a confident woman is different from a rash,forward,lousy and overbearing woman.those attributes you gave are not what a confident woman is or what she will do.a confident woman is self secured, she is not suffering from inferiority or superiority complex and jealousy. she respects herself and others around her,dont mix things up
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by OdenigboAroli1: 6:44pm On Mar 08, 2013
kulyie: ok then,i am refering to good confidence,its a virtue i admire in women and men cheesy

and am talking about all confidence, when applied to the home situation by women, it produces the wrong reactions from almost everybody.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by huninaija(f): 6:45pm On Mar 08, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli.:

There you go with the slave line again, why? There is only one definition for confidence, and it does not work well in a married relationship. There is no way a woman will be confident and be submissive at the same time..... its like eating your cake and having it right back. Foe a woman to be confident, she must have to move ahead of her husband most of the time, and the man must be made to look like a houseboy.

I'm actually shocked at the fact you said being confident does not work well within a marriage? For real??

What then is the point of a marriage if a woman can't be confident in herself and her husband knowing that he will make the right decisions?? So woman being confident means her husband has been reduced to a houseboy? Your assertions are weak at best and beer parlour gist. You need a door mat as a wife!

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 08, 2013
huni_naija:

I'm actually shocked at the fact you said being confident does not work well within a marriage? For real??

What then is the point of a marriage if a woman can't be confident in herself and her husband knowing that he will make the right decisions?? So woman being confident means her husband has been reduced to a houseboy? Your assertions are weak at best and beer parlour gist. You need a door mat as a wife!
I swear, his reasoning is just appalling.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by ayodeji752: 6:46pm On Mar 08, 2013
Examples of nigeria's confident women are;my mum,Dr Ngozi Okonjo iweala,Prof Dora Akuyili,Dr Obiageli Ezekwezeli etc
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by ifihearam: 6:47pm On Mar 08, 2013
kulyie: that is not true.a confident woman is different from a rash,forward,lousy and overbearing woman.those attributes you gave are not what a confident woman is or what she will do.a confident woman is self secured, she is not suffering from inferiority or superiority complex and jealousy. she respects herself and others around her,dont mix things up

I disagree,not with nigerian women.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 08, 2013
lat4real:

There you go, can't you see that I just replied your fellow lady who said Nigerian men are full of pride? Did she sample all Nigerian men before she resulted to such conclusion? Nigerian Men she has come across are full of pride, while Nigerian confidence Women i have come across lack humility.
better then cheesy
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Ampeaceful(f): 6:49pm On Mar 08, 2013
lat4real:

Confidence with humility is not a trait of Nigerian Women .
nope! U wrng... Godfearin 9ja wman who has confidence is alwyz humble.......confidence is gud, d bibl evn tels us 2 b 1...buh 2much of evrytn is vry bad, it consumes...
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by ifihearam: 6:50pm On Mar 08, 2013
kulyie: ok then,i am refering to good confidence,its a virtue i admire in women and men cheesy

It also goes with pride
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by OdenigboAroli1: 6:51pm On Mar 08, 2013
huni_naija:

Being confident (read the original post again) no need to follow your shallow logic. Una dey find person wey una go control, and if we talk you will go all emotional and say they want to make you a foot mat, so you want to make your husband a foot mat before? read the original post again or I will be froced to break it down for you one point after the other.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by ayodeji752: 6:51pm On Mar 08, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli.:

There you go with the slave line again, why? There is only one definition for confidence, and it does not work well in a married relationship. There is no way a woman will be confident and be submissive at the same time..... its like eating your cake and having it right back. Foe a woman to be confident, she must have to move ahead of her husband most of the time, and the man must be made to look like a houseboy.
go home,u are drunk
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by anitank(f): 6:51pm On Mar 08, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli.:

low self esteem is better than being a house boy in your home, sometimes you have to have zero IQ to survive.
what is ur point exactly? maybe am missing something here
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by OdenigboAroli1: 6:52pm On Mar 08, 2013
Ampeaceful: nope! U wrng... Godfearin 9ja wman who has confidence is alwyz humble.......confidence is gud, d bibl evn tels us 2 b 1...buh 2much of evrytn is vry bad, it consumes...

Hey!!!!! dont bring the bible into this stay on topic, abi you see bible quotation for the original post?
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by OdenigboAroli1: 6:53pm On Mar 08, 2013
ayodeji752: go home,u are drunk

Ok, thank you. Pay the bar woman later, she is a very confident woman and that is why she is here selling beer to me instead of cooking for her husband.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 08, 2013
ifihearam:

It also goes with pride
Confidence does not have to go with pride. One can be self confident and still be unassuming and humble. One can be sure of himself but still willing to accept opinions. But when ego comes in to the way of that, that is when pride comes in. Pride is when one feels he is better than others, that is very different from being decisive and sure of one's abilities.

1 Like

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 08, 2013
I can't believe some of you guys are mistaking pride for confidence...like wtf?

1 Like

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 08, 2013
ifihearam:

Yes most so called confident nigerian women are ill mannered .
that is a complete fallacy and you know it.it's like saying all the ladies who dont make up,fix their nails and hair are virgins while those who wear make up and trousers are non virgins,state facts not erroneous sentiments puleeasse or please dont be offended for this question i am about to ask.isn't your mom a confident woman and has she ever disrespected him or her inlaws in your presence?
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by lat4real: 6:57pm On Mar 08, 2013
Ampeaceful: nope! U wrng... Godfearin 9ja wman who has confidence is alwyz humble.......confidence is gud, d bibl evn tels us 2 b 1...buh 2much of evrytn is vry bad, it consumes...

Very true!!! Therefore confidence can be a good thing as well as bad thing depending on individual.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by OdenigboAroli1: 6:57pm On Mar 08, 2013
ayodeji752: Examples of nigeria's confident women are;my mum,Dr Ngozi Okonjo iweala,Prof Dora Akuyili,Dr Obiageli Ezekwezeli etc

Look at Oby Ezekweziri, does her agbero face and street walker haircut look to you like she is submissive to her husband? These are women that have abandoned their home since long time imo river and are sleeping in big hotels all over the world in the excuse of saving the world while their husbands gnash their teeth.

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Ampeaceful(f): 6:59pm On Mar 08, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli.:

Hey!!!!! dont bring the bible into this stay on topic, abi you see bible quotation for the original post?
wetin b ur p.sef abi ur name is attached 2 d bibl i just typd Huh??
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 08, 2013
ItsModella: I can't believe some of you guys are mistaking pride for confidence...like wtf?
abi.its really mind boggling,its like the men want bimbos and if they eventually marry the bimbos,they will be the ones running here to complain,my wife is not sharp,she doesnt have a mind of her own,she cannot take decisions independently until i am there,she always wants me to think for her,she is intellectually and mentally lazy,the only thing she can offer me is sex,food and babies.smh
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by OdenigboAroli1: 7:02pm On Mar 08, 2013
ItsModella:
Confidence does not have to go with pride. One can be self confident and still be unassuming and humble. One can be sure of himself but still willing to accept opinions. But when ego comes in to the way of that, that is when pride comes in. Pride is when one feels he is better than others, that is very different from being decisive and sure of one's abilities.

My first post in this thread was "most confident women makes bad wives" and I still stand by my words irrespective of how you people try to twist it around. Confidence can be good in the work place, its an asset, but at home its a vice. I am yet to see a confident woman at work that is not a terrorist at home, except she is married to a more deranged man who will intimidate her with more madness should she try anything from the office at home. Most confident women end up divorced, do you agree?
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 08, 2013
kulyie: abi.its really mind boggling,its like the men want bimbos and if they eventually marry the bimbos,they will be the ones running here to complain,my wife is not sharp,she doesnt have a mind of her own,she cannot take decisions independently until i am there,she always wants me to think for her,she is intellectually and mentally lazy,the only thing she can offer me is sex,food and babies.smh
I swear, many of them talking don't even know what they want. They're very two sided...before marriage they want a puppet, after marriage they want a Michelle Obama...what kind of nonsense is that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ladies, Do You Prefer To Be Very Rich Or Have A Very Rich Husband? / Ladies, Can You Kneel Down For Your Husband Openly? / Tiwa Savage's Naked Photo In Bed With A Man Sends Internet Into Frenzy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.