Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,363 members, 7,829,926 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Why Men Like Confident Women. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Men Like Confident Women. (27250 Views)

Here's The Real Reason Men Like Big Butts / In Relationships...Confident Women Attract Confident Men / Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by zentarr(m): 8:12am On Mar 09, 2013
Matthew briggs: I respect the choices of others especially those that are afraid or detest confident women.
But I would like us not to confuse confidence for stubbornness or pride. once again I respect your taste and choices.

Personally I love women with a fine blend of confidence & humility. A woman that believes in herself, her ideas , convictions and dreams, she's hardly swayed by public opinions. A woman that is very comfortable in her own skin. She is goal driven and takes initiative.

Confident women are smart. They engage your mind, They bring ideas to the table, They add value to a relationship instead of taking it, they make you sit up as a man. They are have strong character and will.

She will be a Michelle to your Obama, she can hardly fall your hand any place but instead take you higher.

When a confident woman loves you, She truly does, Because in the first place she can do without you, but chooses not.

Blessed is the man that can Tame them. Moreover if you are not a very confident, intelligent and of strong character you can't handle or tame them.

Three core things that I find attractive in a woman is Confidence, intelligence and sex-appeal with her being God fearing by default.

NB:- The sad thing is that majority of people (men and women) mistake proud, stubborn and assertive women as confident women which should not be so.
#Mathew Briggs.

True talk. Alpha males love confident women especialy humble and respectful ones. Who despite ther confidence still have respect for their man.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 09, 2013
I disagree here, in Nigeria confidence translates to arrogance.Trust me you won't like a confident Nigerian woman. What a man needs is a HUMBLE woman with high intellect.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 09, 2013
pleep: Then the 'confident' ladies should go for the shy men.... that way the equation would balance.

However, yall would rather get with confident men and complain. Confident men generally want submissive women...thats not our fault. You have a million shy men who are dying for some play, why dont u get with them? tongue

There is a solution to every problem if you would just stop complaining and take it wink

A confident man knows his self worth and does not need to debase a woman to validate his masculinity. There's no inferiority complex. Confident men can handle a woman`s intelligence and big personality.

The confidence I mean is borne out of intellectual excellence and not the one that comes from swinging a d*ck (that would be chauvinism). Chauvinistic men want submissive women

I got a confident man and he`s given me absolutely no reason to complain.

1 Like

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by pleep(m): 8:28am On Mar 09, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:

A confident man knows his self worth and does not need to debase a woman to validate his masculinity. There's no inferiority complex. Confident men can handle a woman`s intelligence and big personality.

The confidence I mean is borne out of intellectual excellence and not the one that comes from swinging a d*ck (that would be chauvinism). Chauvinistic men want submissive women

I got a confident man and he`s given me absolutely no reason to complain.
When people talk about confident women (and men) its usually a euphamism for something else, and that is an overbearing personality.

The vast majority of people have a natural level of self-confidence, its nothing to brag about. I'm sure 90% of the posters here would describe themselves as confident. The people that overly identify with their confidence are better off with more docile partners. Its a character trait that does not clash well, w/e yall want to say.

If you are an overbearing woman and you are "intimidating guys," do the logical thing and date shy men. Don't just sit around complaining when the solution is all around you
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by AjanleKoko: 8:28am On Mar 09, 2013
Not sure what 'confident woman' even means. embarassed
It sounds like 'noisemaker', if I judge it by the common context I am reading here. I don't care much for noisemakers, men or women.

Some women are very quiet, shy, and homely, but are top of their game when it comes to career or business.
They keep a solid home front, make doe by the caseloads, and rock their world without making any noise.

While others are loud, brash and angry, but not worth a goddamm cent, just liabilities to their men, bringing nothing but drama to the table.
Y'all know yourselves and which categories una dey grin

1 Like

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by pleep(m): 8:33am On Mar 09, 2013
When dudes avoid overly confident women its not because they are 'afraid'.. they just know that two over-bearing personalities will clash. The problem arises because these so called confident women refuse to date shy men (the guys they are compatible with).

1 Like

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by olekubaby: 8:49am On Mar 09, 2013
AjanleKoko: I'm not so sure Nigerian men li
ke confident women, to be honest undecided
Nigerian Men hates/ dislike a woman as confident as the op described. Only real men, and I mean real men who can subscribed to dating / marrying confident women. Some Nigerian men are just full of braggadoo n not depth. Sorry to say.

1 Like

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Ofido(m): 9:06am On Mar 09, 2013
simdam500: An ideal woman, a girl friend or a life partner must exude confidence. Gone are the days when men crave for anopportunity to be a knight in shining armor. They don’t like weaklings or delicate darlings, but smart, street intelligent and confident women who know what they are doing and what needs tobe done. A confident woman is determined and head strong, and it’s what guys look for beyond looks or sex appeal. Here are 6 reasons why men like confident women.

1. Confident women are decision makers
A confident woman who takesdecisions on her own alwaysattracts a man. A man doesn’t like if a woman always depends on him for making any small or big decisions, he would respect and appreciate her if she takes advice, but listens to what her mind and heart says and make decisions in life.

2. Confident women have a great personality
Confidence is a factor that always adds on to a person’s personality. It creates a certain charm about the person. A confident woman would carryherself with grace and style. With confidence a woman looks charming and strong, and this really attracts men.

3. Confident women are independent and single minded
Confident women don’t need constant support and assurance; they handle themselves and their lives the way they want. So men are attracted to confident woman because they know they wouldn’t have the constant pressure to give their support to her.

4. Confident women are courageous and fearless
Confident women stand up for what they believe in, they don’t get pressurized by anyone. They know what they want and they work towards it. The fearless and courageous behavior that comes with confidence always attract men.

5. Confident women make great life partners
It’s easy to date, but when itcomes to marriage, starting a family and having children,women require to multitask, make decisions on their toes, when husbands are not around, step into his shoes and manage things efficiently. In order to be able to do this, men know that they need someone whois confident and will not crumble under pressure.

6. Confident women extend support
Confident women make reliable people. Men also need a shoulder to cry on and if they have a problem, they know that they can onlycount on women who are strong and confident.

http://www.magforwomen.com/6-reasons-why-men-like-confident-women/

I totally disagree with this post, most me including myself appreciate it the more when ur women call u to help her make a little decision which u knw she can make it on her own but respect and prestige on seeking for ur opinion goes a long way. Most time we men may sound arrogant and act gidi-gidi as if she is distorbing us but deep down in our hearts we love it.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by k2039: 9:08am On Mar 09, 2013
Logicboy03: Nonsense,

Infact there are many men who like shy women. A confident woman might have gained that confidence from being a village bicycle. shocked

Confidence does not equal brave, courageous or being a good decision maker.
[size=13pt] I agree with you in all totality.
I was just about to write the same about the bolder.
[/size]
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by OLEBRUKU(m): 9:12am On Mar 09, 2013
If u as a guy no get confidence in u, den u nid get a confident lady to make u complete. Bt make sure say d lady no dey TOO confident cos u myt b forced to beat d TOO out of her one day...

1 Like

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by vanbonattel: 10:05am On Mar 09, 2013
oleku baby:
Nigerian Men hates/ dislike a woman as confident as the op described. Only real men, and I mean real men who can subscribed to dating / marrying confident women. Some Nigerian men are just full of braggadoo n not depth. Sorry to say.

Another class of men not afraid of confident women are brutes, those who will slap the jezebels out of her eyes and kick some sense into her butts
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 09, 2013
van bonattel:

Another class of men not afraid of confident women are brutes, those who will slap the jezebels out of her eyes and kick some sense into her butts
so getting violent is a 'brute's' way of displaying confidence.hahahaha the brute is one lucky guy,you know why?because he didnt marry any of my female relatives because if he did and had violent and aggresive tendencies like you stated here,he will most likely have been locked in the guard room with heavily built soildiers beating the living day light out of him for a long time,at least that one will make him experience raw,first hand violence cheesy and like yorubas will say every mad man has his own oga,he will meet them plenty for guardroom
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by pleep(m): 11:33am On Mar 09, 2013
^ Next you will say such a man is "intimidated" by dating a confident overbearing women. Lol... hes just looking out for the welbeing of himself and the woman involved. Let Naija men breath sha... 2 overbearing personalities should not collide

Let us connect the soft men with the hard women and the world will be a better place. wink
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 09, 2013
OLE-BRUKU:
If u as a guy no get confidence in u, den u nid get a confident lady to make u complete. Bt make sure say d lady no dey TOO confident cos u myt b forced to beat d TOO out of her one day...
so exerting physical violence on a woman boosts your self confidence or makes you feel more confident than her cheesy intresting cheesy you are really living up to your name shocked
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 09, 2013
tintingz: yes... a confident man will always recieve a daily dose of headache from his over confident wife cheesy
if a man is not suffering from insecurity,inferiority or superiority complex,a wife's confidence,progress and sucess in her field is supposed to make him proud of her and himself and not having headache,the headache indicates a sign of jealousy,anger in her confidence and fear,so....fill in the gap yourself :p
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 09, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli.:

My first post in this thread was "most confident women makes bad wives" and I still stand by my words irrespective of how you people try to twist it around. Confidence can be good in the work place, its an asset, but at home its a vice. I am yet to see a confident woman at work that is not a terrorist at home, except she is married to a more deranged man who will intimidate her with more madness should she try anything from the office at home. Most confident women end up divorced, do you agree?
i dont agree cheesy so all not to confident women at work are excellent wives at home abi.if that is the case the likes of ibukun awosika should have been a single woman or single mother for life na cheesy
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by chinedum13(m): 12:10pm On Mar 09, 2013
solidbroda: Confident women are good on bed
na dis part i like pass
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by vanbonattel: 12:16pm On Mar 09, 2013
kulyie: so getting violent is a 'brute's' way of displaying confidence.hahahaha the brute is one lucky guy,you know why?because he didnt marry any of my female relatives because if he did and had violent and aggresive tendencies like you stated here,he will most likely have been locked in the guard room with heavily built soildiers beating the living day light out of him for a long time,at least that one will make him experience raw,first hand violence cheesy and like yorubas will say every mad man has his own oga,he will meet them plenty for guardroom

You are forgetting something, the guy could be an army colonel, sorry.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by vanbonattel: 12:18pm On Mar 09, 2013
kulyie: i dont agree cheesy so all not to confident women at work are excellent wives at home abi.if that is the case the likes of ibukun awosika should have been a single woman or single mother for life na cheesy

You don go her house?
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by vanbonattel: 12:20pm On Mar 09, 2013
kulyie: if a man is not suffering from insecurity,inferiority or superiority complex,a wife's confidence,progress and sucess in her field is supposed to make him proud of her and himself and not having headache,the headache indicates a sign of jealousy,anger in her confidence and fear,so....fill in the gap yourself :p

Na lie, the success will bring out the beast in the woman, and she will come to see her husband as slow and stuupid. Next she will keep the man at home to be feeding the babies and washing her panties.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 09, 2013
van bonattel:

Na lie, the success will bring out the beast in the woman, and she will come to see her husband as slow and stuupid. Next she will keep the man at home to be feeding the babies and washing her panties.
cheesy hehehehehhe wonderful,how can you be seeing your wife's success,confidence and high status as a threat to you and think she will be doing that to you.anyway all this boils down to the reason why you got married to her in the first place.if you married for the right reasons you will be proud of her confidence but if you marry for the wrong reasons you will see her as a competitor,rival and her confidence will be a threat to your ego and manhood.meanwhile all those fears are figments of your own imaginations or what you are capable of doing
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by vanbonattel: 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2013
kulyie: cheesy hehehehehhe wonderful,how can you be seeing your wife's success,confidence and high status as a threat to you and think she will be doing that to you.anyway all this boils down to the reason why you got married to her in the first place.if you married for the right reasons you will be proud of her confidence but if you marry for the wrong reasons you will see her as a competitor,rival and her confidence will be a threat to your ego and manhood.meanwhile all those fears are figments of your own imaginations or what you are capable of doing

Have you ever seen a successful and yet humble woman? Name her?
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 09, 2013
van bonattel:

Have you ever seen a successful and yet humble woman? Name her?
michelle obama,hillary clinton,late bimbo odukoya,oby ekwezili,professor dora akinyuli,okonjo iweala and my mother and grandmother
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by misterseed(m): 12:38pm On Mar 09, 2013
And they make great mothers too. Happy mothers day.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 09, 2013
van bonattel:

You don go her house?
i have not gone to her house but a family friend invited me for her wedding anniversary and during the celebration,i saw where she knelt down in public for her husband thanking her husband of giving her the opportunity of being who she is today,i dont see an arrogant woman being able to do this,so for her to kneel down in public for her husband,even though i dont live with her,i know she is the kind of woman that will 6old her husband in high esteem despite who she is finacially in the society
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by pleep(m): 12:46pm On Mar 09, 2013
kulyie: i have not gone to her house but a family friend invited me for her wedding anniversary and during the celebration,i saw where she knelt down in public for her husband thanking her husband of giving her the opportunity of being who she is today,i dont see an arrogant woman being able to do this,so for her to kneel down in public for her husband,even though i dont live with her,i know she is the kind of woman that will 6old her husband in high esteem despite who she is finacially in the society
according to the standard definition that is not a confident woman.

Most "confident women" accoridng to modern societies definition would consider that degrading. patriarchal oppression lol
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 09, 2013
misterseed: And they make great mothers too. Happy mothers day.
exactly
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by pleep(m): 12:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
kulyie you love confident women to death. grin

Get you one already! stop trying to justify it
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 09, 2013
pleep: according to the standard definition that is not a confident woman.

Most "confident women" accoridng to modern societies definition would consider that degrading. patriarchal oppression lol
i am giving an example of a confident woman yet humble.dont be mistaken,it is very possible for a woman to be sucessful yet confident and at the same time humble,i was replying the earlier poste1 who asked me whether i have gone to her house before and i said i have only gone for her wedding anniversary so for her to do that,i know she has the virtues of what i call a REAL SUCCESSFUL woman,i dont know why you guys thinks its impossible for a woman to be successful,confident yet humble
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 09, 2013
pleep: kulyie you love confident women to death. grin

Get you one already! stop trying to justify it
yes i love confident women to death and i dont need a woman,i am straight,thank you! cheesy
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 09, 2013
van bonattel:

You are forgetting something, the guy could be an army colonel, sorry.
hahaha that will even make it worse.it is an abomination for any high level army personnel to hit his wife.if his ogas are aware of it with evidence or his wife gets to report the case,he will be stripped of his uniform and entitlements as well as getting physical punishments except of course he is a lower level officer,those ones dont know anything but its not as if if their ogas get to know they wont be punished but in most cases the wives dont get to report because they are docile illiterates who dont know their left from their right and think domestic abuse is ok
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by kenex4ever(m): 2:46pm On Mar 09, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Yawns! I like confident women.

U r so funny, makes me wanna keep laughing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ladies, Do You Prefer To Be Very Rich Or Have A Very Rich Husband? / Physical Appearance A Girl Who Is A Virgin Is With A Reduction Is Probable To B / Ladies, Can You Kneel Down For Your Husband Openly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.