Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Why Men Like Confident Women. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Men Like Confident Women. (27252 Views)

Here's The Real Reason Men Like Big Butts / In Relationships...Confident Women Attract Confident Men / Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 08, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli.:

My first post in this thread was "most confident women makes bad wives" and I still stand by my words irrespective of how you people try to twist it around. Confidence can be good in the work place, its an asset, but at home its a vice. I am yet to see a confident woman at work that is not a terrorist at home, except she is married to a more deranged man who will intimidate her with more madness should she try anything from the office at home. Most confident women end up divorced, do you agree?

I don't agree. We seem to be reading different meanings into the word 'confidence'...define 'confidence' in your own words.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by OdenigboAroli1: 7:05pm On Mar 08, 2013
Ampeaceful: wetin b ur p.sef abi ur name is attached 2 d bibl i just typd Huh??

my point is that you are going to throw us out of topic, bring up same argument in the religion section if you want to add the bible quotes to the ongoing debate, ekushe.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 08, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli.:

and am talking about all confidence, when applied to the home situation by women, it produces the wrong reactions from almost everybody.
ok so you want a muppet or bimbo that is timid and cannot use her gumshion waiting for instructions before taking decisions confidently and living up to her responsibilities,you mean a woman like this : sit down there,dont go to the office tomorrow,shut up etc you are reffering to
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by OdenigboAroli1: 7:08pm On Mar 08, 2013
ItsModella:
I don't agree. We seem to be reading different meanings into the word 'confidence'...define 'confidence' in your own words.

Fine.

Confidence is the ability to think independenty of outside opinion and the belief that you have the courage and innate ability to carry your desicions to completion with bold actions.

Now, tell me where a man comes ito this.........?
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Orikinla(m): 7:09pm On Mar 08, 2013
Women like Mo Abudu and others like her in Nigeria.
We call them daughters of Deboarah, the brave counselor, warrior, and the wife of Lapidoth according to the Book of Judges chapters 4 and 5.

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by OdenigboAroli1: 7:10pm On Mar 08, 2013
kulyie: ok so you want a muppet or bimbo that is timid and cannot use her gumshion waiting for instructions before taking decisions confidently and living up to her responsibilities,you mean a woman like this : sit down there,dont go to the office tomorrow,shut up etc you are reffering to

My first post in this thread was "most confident women makes bad wives" and I still stand by my words irrespective of how you people try to twist it around. Confidence can be good in the work place, its an asset, but at home its a vice. I am yet to see a confident woman at work that is not a terrorist at home, except she is married to a more deranged man who will intimidate her with more madness should she try anything from the office at home. Most confident women end up divorced, do you agree?
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by dbride: 7:10pm On Mar 08, 2013
boron10:
Bros thank you o. OP you should know that this write up is not applicable to Nigerian Men. Nigerian men like timid women. They prefer to hook up with people that would boost their ego. Woman that would fret at the sound of their voice.

Why do you think most pretty career women who are supposedly confident find it difficult to put up with Nigerian men?

....because MAJORITY of the confident women, having that COMPLEX that they must prove a point to men, unconsciously make themselves unapproachable and controlling too!
There is Confidence that comes with ARROGANCE and Confidence that comes with HUMILITY.

Confidence + Arrogance = Time Bomb; Confidence + Humility = Gift of God, Priceless, Jackpot
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 08, 2013
ifihearam:

I disagree,not with nigerian women.
then which nationality of women o
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by ayodeji752: 7:15pm On Mar 08, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli.:

Look at Oby Ezekweziri, does her agbero face and street walker haircut look to you like she is submissive to her husband? These are women that have abandoned their home since long time imo river and are sleeping in big hotels all over the world in the excuse of saving the world while their husbands gnash their teeth.
av said it,u are drunk!are u d waiter in d hotel?wot does haircut has to do with confidence?go home!
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 08, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli.:

Fine.

Confidence is the ability to think independenty of outside opinion and the belief that you have the courage and innate ability to carry your desicions to completion with bold actions.

That a woman is confident does not mean a man cannot exert dominance or authority in a relationship. Yes, she has the ability to think independently of outside opinion, but it doesn't mean she can't or won't accept outside opinion. Yes, she has the courage to carry her decisions to completion does not mean she might not seek outside help or advice. Confidence means being decisive alright but it doesn't mean you can't be aided or you refuse to be helped in reaching a goal. There is confidence that comes with humility.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by caesaraba(m): 7:18pm On Mar 08, 2013
dbride:

....because MAJORITY of the confident women, having that COMPLEX that they must prove a point to men, unconsciously make themselves unapproachable and controlling too!
There is Confidence that comes with ARROGANCE and Confidence that comes with HUMILITY.

Confidence + Arrogance = Time Bomb; Confidence + Humility = Gift of God, Priceless, Jackpot

Exactly! Like certain female monikers on NL. Mistaking rudeness + trash-talking for confidence.

1 Like

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 08, 2013
dbride:

well i dont subscribe to a timid woman,a timid woman that says yes sir to everything her husband says has little or nothing to offer in the home front except for the thing in between her legs,the brain God gave her has been underutilized because of timidity and cannot bring new ideas into the home that will better the home and make the home more comfortable financially and otherwise.however there are women who are confident yet humble,e.g michelle obama,okonjo iweala,late bimbo odukoya etc

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by YorubaOmoge: 7:22pm On Mar 08, 2013
Damn, been working up my self confidence for a while now.

Explains why they fall for me, even the ugly ones. embarassed

#teamFWB
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by nenergy(m): 7:24pm On Mar 08, 2013
Nice write up, but i don't think "Confidence" is a feminine virtue. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't just sound right in the ears to call say; "that woman is confident". It almost sounds like saying; "that woman is proud, loud, disrespectful or arrogant". Suffice to say, men are confident, women are...... (please give me time to find a more appropriate word or help me-i'll be back)
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 08, 2013
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by huninaija(f): 7:24pm On Mar 08, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli.:

Being confident (read the original post again) no need to follow your shallow logic. Una dey find person wey una go control, and if we talk you will go all emotional and say they want to make you a foot mat, so you want to make your husband a foot mat before? read the original post again or I will be froced to break it down for you one point after the other.

You are off the mark completely, you fail to reason and understand the logic behind a "confident woman"

What you describe is a proud woman totally different from a confident one.

Na wa oo so this is how men are reasoning?
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by hardbody: 7:24pm On Mar 08, 2013
tjimoh: Word of reason especially on this womens' day....any way, first to comment,Iam happy for this

Other than being stuupid, what is it about being first to comment, at any rate, did you ever learn to count? how many posts were ahead of yours? eddiet
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 08, 2013
I'll help you there; men are confident, women are (confident as well)......
nenergy: Suffice to say, men are confident, women are...... (please give me time to find a more appropriate word or help me-i'll be back)
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by YorubaOmoge: 7:27pm On Mar 08, 2013
@post

You just listed reasons why NIGERIAN men dislike WOMEN.

Confidence and Nigerian men? grin rotfl

They'll call you sassy, uncontrollable, too mannish etc lol

Thank Obatala for some Americanized Nigerian men. NIN and FOB are no no. Dem too bush to be civilized.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Ampeaceful(f): 7:27pm On Mar 08, 2013
lat4real:

Very true!!! Therefore confidence can be a good thing as well as bad thing depending on individual.
dn't get it twistd confidence is gud wen u disply it modrtly buh bad wen u completly indlg ursf in it....wich brngs out d worst in u
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by OdenigboAroli1: 7:28pm On Mar 08, 2013
huni_naija:

You are off the mark completely, you fail to reason and understand the logic behind a "confident woman"

What you describe is a proud woman totally different from a confident one.

Na wa oo so this is how men are reasoning?

So, are you telling us those qualities listed up there are for proud women and not for confident women?
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by hardbody: 7:29pm On Mar 08, 2013
If you cannot take decisions without my say so, if you cannot step into my shoes when i am not available, if you cannot carry yourself in a proud way and represent my ego, i have no business with you. Take decisions and make mistakes, i will understand, stay dormant and do nothing, i will chastise you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by dbride: 7:30pm On Mar 08, 2013
kulyie: well i dont subscribe to a timid woman,a timid woman that says yes sir to everything her husband says has little or nothing to offer in the home front except for the thing in between her legs,the brain God gave her has been underutilized because of timidity and cannot bring new ideas into the home that will better the home and make the home more comfortable financially and otherwise.however there are women who are confident yet humble,e.g michelle obama,okonjo iweala,late bimbo odukoya etc

Never mentioned TIMID WOMEN. The TOPIC is about Confident women; so where is my mistake and what point are you trying to make? Clearly, you did not understand or grasp my point. Read again and LOL
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 08, 2013
Nicely said; especially coming from a man....
hardbody: If you cannot take decisions without my say so, if you cannot step into my shoes when i am not available, if you cannot carry yourself in a proud way and represent my ego, i have no business with you. Take decisions and make mistakes, i will understand, stay dormant and do nothing, i will chastise you.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Kaynee: 7:38pm On Mar 08, 2013
My bros even though I have not met you before but from all your posts, I know that you dont have confidence in yourself and you equally have inferiority complex. But the good thing is, its curable. Meet a good psychologist that you can trust because your way of reasoning, , am afraid its dangerous to your health. I dont mean to offend you but am worried for you.
Odenigbo Aroli.:

Fine.

1 Like

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 08, 2013
huni_naija:

I'm actually shocked at the fact you said being confident does not work well within a marriage? For real??

What then is the point of a marriage if a woman can't be confident in herself and her husband knowing that he will make the right decisions?? So woman being confident means her husband has been reduced to a houseboy? Your assertions are weak at best and beer parlour gist. You need a door mat as a wife!
abi o.i wonder the way some men think sef.so if a woman cannot be free and confident around her husand or in her home,where else will she be.confidence has a way of bringing about freedom.i will take myself as an example,i am confident when i am at home with my father,so does it mean that because i am confident with my father i disrespect him.my father can dress and i will tell him daddy go and change your outfit na,the colour doesnt match or it doesnt look good on you,whenever he changes it i say ehen,thats my daddy,i am proud of you.so does that make me disrespectful and ill mannered as opposed to when i see something wrong about my parents outfit i cannot correct them in respect and love.infact sometimes my dad wears his cap facing the front and i turn it to the side,like ha daddy dont you want people to be saying my daddy looks like a twenty something year old boy and i respectfully adjust his cap,does that make me saucy as opposed to the fact that i wont have the effontery to look at my father in the face talkless of adjusting his cap or spraying perfume for him

1 Like

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Deosunny: 7:45pm On Mar 08, 2013
I lv girls with confidence because I am confident. It make u advance n b offensive in all things than ur collins....
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by OdenigboAroli1: 7:46pm On Mar 08, 2013
Kaynee: My bros even though I have not met you before but from all your posts, I know that you dont have confidence in yourself and you equally have inferiority complex. But the good thing is, its curable. Meet a good psychologist that you can trust because your way of reasoning, , am afraid its dangerous to your health. I dont mean to offend you but am worried for you.

I am even more worried about you, I feel serious pity for you and your warped reasoning that tends to make wrong things to be right. Your type will be walking into trouble most often due to your seriously damaged psyche and fake lifestyle. Sorry but I dont think you own problem has any solution. I advice you to wake up after midnight, walk into the nearest bush behind your house with a strong rope and do humanity a favour by hanging yourself. The world will be better without your self righteous hypocrites. Idont mean to annoy you, just being honest with you and telling you some home truths.

3 Likes

Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by caesaraba(m): 7:47pm On Mar 08, 2013
ItsModella:
That a woman is confident does not mean a man cannot exert dominance or authority in a relationship. Yes, she has the ability to think independently of outside opinion, but it doesn't mean she can't or won't accept outside opinion. Yes, she has the courage to carry her decisions to completion does not mean she might not seek outside help or advice. Confidence means being decisive alright but it doesn't mean you can't be aided or you refuse to be helped in reaching a goal. There is confidence that comes with humility.

Spot on!
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 08, 2013
dbride:

Never mentioned TIMID WOMEN. The TOPIC is about Confident women; so where is my mistake and what point are you trying to make? Clearly, you did not understand or grasp my point. Read again and LOL
please what is the opposite of confidence?is it not timidity?since confident women dont attract you then i suppose the opposite will attract you plus i understand your post perfectly.so its either you are confident or not
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 08, 2013
kulyie: please what is the opposite of confidence?is it not timidity?since confident women dont attract you then i suppose the opposite will attract you plus i understand your post perfectly.so its either you are confident or not
I tire o...there's no in between, you're either confident or you're not.
Re: Why Men Like Confident Women. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 08, 2013
hardbody: If you cannot take decisions without my say so, if you cannot step into my shoes when i am not available, if you cannot carry yourself in a proud way and represent my ego, i have no business with you. Take decisions and make mistakes, i will understand, stay dormant and do nothing, i will chastise you.
exactly.this is my kind of man.a man that i can be confident around,make mistakes and i know he will correct me as opposed to a man that expects me to be vibrating and getting hypertensive when he is around.if men like this were all over nigeria,the divorce rate will drop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ladies, Do You Prefer To Be Very Rich Or Have A Very Rich Husband? / Ladies, Can You Kneel Down For Your Husband Openly? / Tiwa Savage's Naked Photo In Bed With A Man Sends Internet Into Frenzy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.