Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,087 members, 7,828,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829717 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 9:06pm On Aug 18, 2015
JesusDWay:
See someone's timeline below

ITA Aug 7, applied Aug 8, got AOR Same day, medical passed Aug 13 and. Today got the PPR

May God favour everyone here in Jesus name

I find this extremely hard to believe. The person might me bluffing or might have gotten one of the dates wrong. For starters CIC completes a criminality and a security check which can take at least 1 month for the results to come back. Then they do another check with the US and so on. CIC has already admitted that there are now backlogs and are hence quickly trying to finish with the April applications. Naaah to good to be true. The fastest I've seen so far was over a month.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 9:51pm On Aug 18, 2015
zandora:

I find this extremely hard to believe. The person might me bluffing or might have gotten one of the dates wrong. For starters CIC completes a criminality and a security check which can take at least 1 month for the results to come back. Then they do another check with the US and so on. CIC has already admitted that there are now backlogs and are hence quickly trying to finish with the April applications. Naaah to good to be true. The fastest I've seen so far was over a month.

Not bluffing, its real tho he has some history. He had PNP and applied intially but something was wrong and the application was rejected. So, he corrected it and entered the pool again, then got ITA and that's the rest up there. The speed may be connected to the fact that he's haf history with them.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 11:59pm On Aug 18, 2015
JesusDWay:

Not bluffing, its real tho he has some history. He had PNP and applied intially but something was wrong and the application was rejected. So, he corrected it and entered the pool again, then got ITA and that's the rest up there. The speed may be connected to the fact that he's haf history with them.

Oh yeah that makes sense. They would have already done all his checks and all before. Wow that was definitely speedy gonzales. So what's your story? Are you in Canada?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 19, 2015
JesusDWay:

Hi Jesusday,

Please i wanted to apply for new brunswick pnp but recently the are only receiving application from those who have newbrunswick experience or for those who have attended the infor session.

Question now is that there are no sessions here in nigeria or even in ghana and can somebody fill the form for you like you were there?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bosypumpin: 4:24pm On Aug 19, 2015
Hi everyone, nice work going on here and Ive learnt sooo much.

I just saw my IELTS result of the test written on August 1st, now and i had a
7.0 viz Listening=7.5 Reading= 7.0 Writing= 7.0 Speaking= 6.5

My question goes thus: as per WES should I evaluate my first degree and leave out the secondary school aspect?(getting a transcript is not a problem from my school at all.)

If i include Secondary school leaving certificate, am i buying a WAEC scratch card and giving details?
If WAEC would delay me, kindly advise whether to strike it out or ?

My NOC IS 4112, I'M A lawyer

Shyee, and berexio1. i PMed u,since yesterday.
Thank you my gurus, Jesus Dway et al
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2015
bosypumpin:
Hi everyone, nice work going on here and Ive learnt sooo much.

I just saw my IELTS result of the test written on August 1st, now and i had a
7.0 viz Listening=7.5 Reading= 7.0 Writing= 7.0 Speaking= 6.5

My question goes thus: as per WES should I evaluate my first degree and leave out the secondary school aspect?(getting a transcript is not a problem from my school at all.)

If i include Secondary school leaving certificate, am i buying a WAEC scratch card and giving details?
If WAEC would delay me, kindly advise whether to strike it out or ?

My NOC IS 4112, I'M A lawyer

Shyee, and berexio1. i PMed u,since yesterday.
Thank you my gurus, Jesus Dway et al

Use the free WES evaluation tool on their website to see what the equivalent of your degree would be. If it's assessed as an equivalent Canadian degree then don't even bother trying to assess your WAEC because it won't add any more points and you'll end up wasting unnecessary time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANIMATION: 6:38pm On Aug 19, 2015
Hi all. need help,
whose name should be on the form IMM1017 for my wifes medical request
I am the principal applicant
regards
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 7:02pm On Aug 19, 2015
zandora:

Oh yeah that makes sense. They would have already done all his checks and all before. Wow that was definitely speedy gonzales. So what's your story? Are you in Canada?

Nopes
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 7:06pm On Aug 19, 2015
verrady:

Hi Jesusday,

Please i wanted to apply for new brunswick pnp but recently the are only receiving application from those who have newbrunswick experience or for those who have attended the infor session.

Question now is that there are no sessions here in nigeria or even in ghana and can somebody fill the form for you like you were there?

I dont know about that. I however know its not like Nigeria where you can manouver things, there will likely be some things to identify those who attended
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by afroxyz: 7:57pm On Aug 19, 2015
Does one first apply for PDP before applying for the EE process or the reverse is the case?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 8:07pm On Aug 19, 2015
afroxyz:
Does one first apply for PDP before applying for the EE process or the reverse is the case?

PDP? Do you mean PNP? If you mean PNP, this isn't compulsory as you only need a PNP nomination if you need to bump up your score. If this is the case then you'll have to join the EE pool first before applying for a nomination.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 40manlappy: 9:36pm On Aug 19, 2015
@ JesusDWay, Zandora, Slimmsyyetty, damkollins, solomonwis, dupyshoo, Tola73, RedCapChief, unibadan, Taiwoabo

I finally entered the pool only to get the feedback that me and my wife are "not eligible"

The final scores of our IELTS was 7.5 and 7 respectively and our ICAS report showed that our degrees are equivalent to 4-year degree programmes in Canada.

Also, we indicated that we had set aside 22,000 CAD as our "proof of funds"

What might be responsible for this? What options are available?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mozo: 10:13pm On Aug 19, 2015
zandora:

PDP? Do you mean PNP? If you mean PNP, this isn't compulsory as you only need a PNP nomination if you need to bump up your score. If this is the case then you'll have to join the EE pool first before applying for a nomination.

grin or APC..lol
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by reels(m): 10:16pm On Aug 19, 2015
Hello everyone, very nice thread indeed and thanks to everyone for their advice and information.

I'm an Architect (Hnd with professional exams in-view) with more than 5 years experience looking to immigrate to Canada with my wife under FSWP. Please kindly advice where to start from, we haven't done the IELTS and the ECA. Do I need to fill the EE form? Or we need to take the exams and ECA first or what are the steps?

Thanks so much in advance.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 11:13pm On Aug 19, 2015
reels:
Hello everyone, very nice thread indeed and thanks to everyone for their advice and information.

I'm an Architect (Hnd with professional exams in-view) with more than 5 years experience looking to immigrate to Canada with my wife under FSWP. Please kindly advice where to start from, we haven't done the IELTS and the ECA. Do I need to fill the EE form? Or we need to take the exams and ECA first or what are the steps?

Thanks so much in advance.

You need to do the ECA and take the IELTS first before you can create an EE profile.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 11:13pm On Aug 19, 2015
mozo:

grin or APC..lol

Looooool. I tire oh!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 11:18pm On Aug 19, 2015
40manlappy:
@ JesusDWay, Zandora, Slimmsyyetty, damkollins, solomonwis, dupyshoo, Tola73, RedCapChief, unibadan, Taiwoabo

I finally entered the pool only to get the feedback that me and my wife are "not eligible"

The final scores of our IELTS was 7.5 and 7 respectively and our ICAS report showed that our degrees are equivalent to 4-year degree programmes in Canada.

Firstly you'll need to score a minimum of 67 points to qualify under FSW. We can't tell what went wrong except you break down your profile for us. What's the age of the principal applicant, their individual IELTS score band, was the ICAS assessed as a 4 year Bachelor's degree program? What's your job NOC and do you have any relative in Canada?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by superchi: 9:50am On Aug 20, 2015
40manlappy:

I had same issue when I tried to upload my EE profile. My wife had a better IELTS score than I did so she chanced me to become principal applicant. Lol! That aside. After I completed the form and submitted, I got ''not eligible''. I was surprised because the ''come to canada tool'' shows we are very ok. So again, my wife carefully reviewed the application I submitted and discovered an error. Under the section that ask about your ''Education History'' there's a part you're required to state the number of years of education completed, I wrote ''1'' for us. It was wrong. It's actually 17 (6+3+3+4+ 1yr for masters)! Immediately, i completed another EE profile and submission sucessful!
Please carefully review the application you submitted, i'm sure that's an error somewhere. This is my one cent!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by reels(m): 9:51am On Aug 20, 2015
zandora:

You need to do the ECA and take the IELTS first before you can create an EE profile.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 40manlappy: 9:57am On Aug 20, 2015
zandora:

Firstly you'll need to score a minimum of 67 points to qualify under FSW. We can't tell what went wrong except you break down your profile for us. What's the age of the principal applicant, their individual IELTS score band, was the ICAS assessed as a 4 year Bachelor's degree program? What's your job NOC and do you have any relative in Canada?

The principal applicant is 32 while I am 36.

IELTS scores

Principal applicant:Listening-6.5, Reading-7, Writing-7, Speaking-7.5. Overall score-7

Me: Listening-8, Reading-8, Writing-7, Speaking-6.5. Overall score-7.5

NOC

Principal applicant NOC: 1111

Me: 0122

ICAS assessment of degrees: 4 year Bachelor's degree program

Relatives: The principal applicant has a relative in Canada but we are not applying to the province because we do not speak French.

Looping: JesusDWay, Slimmsyyetty, damkollins, solomonwis, dupyshoo, Tola73, RedCapChief, unibadan, Taiwoabo
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bosypumpin: 10:18am On Aug 20, 2015
@ zandora, thanks for the response. I apprreciate. i did the WES assessment and it says it is equivalent to a 4 year Bachelor's degree, I am 31 and the principal applicant with an 8 months old babe.

What next please?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 12:28pm On Aug 20, 2015
40manlappy:

The principal applicant is 32 while I am 36.

IELTS scores

Principal applicant:Listening-6.5, Reading-7, Writing-7, Speaking-7.5. Overall score-7

Me: Listening-8, Reading-8, Writing-7, Speaking-6.5. Overall score-7.5

NOC

Principal applicant NOC: 1111

Me: 0122

ICAS assessment of degrees: 4 year Bachelor's degree program

Relatives: The principal applicant has a relative in Canada but we are not applying to the province because we do not speak French.

Looping: JesusDWay, Slimmsyyetty, damkollins, solomonwis, dupyshoo, Tola73, RedCapChief, unibadan, Taiwoabo

Based on the information you've provided you're qualified for the FSW. Next I would do exactly what Superchi above said. When completing the education history the principal applicant should list all secondary and post secondary education selecting No for ECA for the ones which he/she doesn't have an ECA for and Yes for ECA obtained for the Bachelor's degree.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 12:37pm On Aug 20, 2015
bosypumpin:
@ zandora, thanks for the response. I apprreciate. i did the WES assessment and it says it is equivalent to a 4 year Bachelor's degree, I am 31 and the principal applicant with an 8 months old babe.

What next please?

That's good. Next register for IELTS and please read for it, don't be fooled into thinking it's just english and hence you can wing it. To guarantee yourself being selected for an ITA and avoid all the unnecessary hassle of trying to obtain a PNP or LMIA, try to score above 7 in writing, reading and speaking and above 8 in your listening.

You mentioned that only you and your 8 months old baby would be going, what about the father if you don't mind me asking? This is because he'll still need to provide some documents depending on what the relationship between the two of you is, regardless of if he's going with you or not.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Etfash(m): 2:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
@Zandora,
Is it possible to edit the number of qualifications that one intends to evaluate after one has made payments? For instance, if i already paid for my First degree alone to be evaluated, can i add my Masters degree for evaluation?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 3:34pm On Aug 20, 2015
Etfash:
@Zandora,
Is it possible to edit the number of qualifications that one intends to evaluate after one has made payments? For instance, if i already paid for my First degree alone to be evaluated, can i add my Masters degree for evaluation?

You can edit it and add your Master's degree as long as they haven't finished evaluating your first degree.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 40manlappy: 3:52pm On Aug 20, 2015
zandora:

Based on the information you've provided you're qualified for the FSW. Next I would do exactly what Superchi above said. When completing the education history the principal applicant should list all secondary and post secondary education selecting No for ECA for the ones which he/she doesn't have an ECA for and Yes for ECA obtained for the Bachelor's degree.

Thanks superchi and Zandora for taking time to respond.

Please, with the feedback on the CIC site, can I still edit the application? How do I go about it? Are we to create a new profile?

We tried all efforts to update/edit but we could not find anywhere to do that. Kindly assist please

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by superchi: 4:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
40manlappy:

Thanks superchi and Zandora for taking time to respond.

Please, with the feedback on the CIC site, can I still edit the application? How do I go about it? Are we to create a new profile?

We tried all efforts to update/edit but we could not find anywhere to do that. Kindly assist please

You cannot edit the not eligible one. Just start with the online tool ''Come to Canada''. Complete it and copy the reference number at the end. Go to your existing ''MyCIC'' profile sign in and start a new EE form. The first thing you will need is the ref.number you copied. Try it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Etfash(m): 5:00pm On Aug 20, 2015
zandora:

You can edit it and add your Master's degree as long as they haven't finished evaluating your first degree.

Thank you for the response. However, i'm finding it difficult to modify the list of documents that i should submit.

I actually intend to expunge my First degree since Unilag already sent my Masters document.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 40manlappy: 5:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
superchi:

You cannot edit the not eligible one. Just start with the online tool ''Come to Canada''. Complete it and copy the reference number at the end. Go to your existing ''MyCIC'' profile sign in and start a new EE form. The first thing you will need is the ref.number you copied. Try it.

Thank you.

Can my spouse still be the principal applicant?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
Hello,
Please i just joined this forum. I would like to apply for a Canadian work permit or visa.

Kindly advise how to go about it

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Adesiji77: 7:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
@During:

I copied and pasted an earlier post. Please see below for your use.

It's all on the CIC site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

But...

(Please note that this info does not apply to the Federal Skilled Trades Program)

eligibility by doing this CIC quiz http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

How does CLB match back to the language tests? That info is here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

[b]3) Get your qualifications assessed by doing an. Details here -->http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

Determine the code that best applies to you on the  listhttp://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

The occupation must be NOC 0, A, or B for FSW or CEC. 

When you have those in hand you . http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp and  http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng

You'll be given points based on your age, education, number of years work experience, and language skills. The points system is detailed here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

You'll be in a pool with thousands of other applicants http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/pool.asp

Of course, the more points you have the better. The max is 1200, with 600 of those points coming from  your ability to snag a PNP or a job offer with a very hard to get Labour Market Impact Assessmenthttp://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/lmo-basics.asp

For CEC applicants, the max is 600 but someone who has no work experience in canada who is only eligible for FSW can only get up to 520 points.

). But in the interim you will need to do the following:

a) Have your  (C$550 each for principal applicant and spouse) and  (C$490 each for principal applicant and spouse) ready 
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

b) Identify how you will provide[b] proof of funds [/b]http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

c) check out what is required for the http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

d) find out how long it takes to get a date for the[b] medical exam. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

e) contact previous and current employers about them providing . You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week. Work experience while you were a full-time student does not count.   

f)  in the province(s) where you want to live.

During:
Hello,
Please i just joined this forum. I would like to apply for a Canadian work permit or visa.

Kindly advise how to go about it

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by reels(m): 10:32pm On Aug 20, 2015
reels:

Thank you.

@Zandora
Please where and how do I do the ECA? What are the steps involved?
Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.