Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,656 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827885 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 10:34pm On Aug 20, 2015
Etfash:

Thank you for the response. However, i'm finding it difficult to modify the list of documents that i should submit.

I actually intend to expunge my First degree since Unilag already sent my Masters document.

Don't expunge your first degree because since you did your Master's in Unilag there's no guarantee that it would be assessed as a Canadian Master's. Evaluate both Bachelor's and Master's.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by candykenni: 6:19am On Aug 21, 2015
@ ddestiny, please any update?

abyurla:
@ddestiny

to write WES, send mail to: inquiryca@wes.org not autosender@wes.org

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Etfash(m): 6:51am On Aug 21, 2015
zandora:

Don't expunge your first degree because since you did your Master's in Unilag there's no guarantee that it would be assessed as a Canadian Master's. Evaluate both Bachelor's and Master's.

This is a little disturbing. My MSc in Unilag ran for about 2 years and the pre-evaluation i did on their website equated it to an MSc in Canada.

Has any one who obtained a Unilag MSc been evaluated as having a qualification less than a Canadian MSc?

Now, my first degree was in U.I. and getting there is an issue right now.. I left there more than 7 years ago, my links may not be as strong.

Is there anyone who already evaluated a Unilag PG degree alone and had it equated to a Canadian MSc in the house?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 9:22am On Aug 21, 2015
Etfash:

This is a little disturbing. My MSc in Unilag ran for about 2 years and the pre-evaluation i did on their website equated it to an MSc in Canada.

Has any one who obtained a Unilag MSc been evaluated as having a qualification less than a Canadian MSc?

Now, my first degree was in U.I. and getting there is an issue right now.. I left there more than 7 years ago, my links may not be as strong.

Is there anyone who already evaluated a Unilag PG degree alone and had it equated to a Canadian MSc in the house?

Okay then. If the free assessment tool evaluated your Master's as equivalent to that of a Canadian Master's then you're good to go with only that one. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ebemio: 12:06pm On Aug 21, 2015
Please who has any idea what timelines the VO is attending to now.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by berexio1: 1:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
bosypumpin:
Hi everyone, nice work going on here and Ive learnt sooo much.

I just saw my IELTS result of the test written on August 1st, now and i had a
7.0 viz Listening=7.5 Reading= 7.0 Writing= 7.0 Speaking= 6.5

My question goes thus: as per WES should I evaluate my first degree and leave out the secondary school aspect?(getting a transcript is not a problem from my school at all.)

If i include Secondary school leaving certificate, am i buying a WAEC scratch card and giving details?
If WAEC would delay me, kindly advise whether to strike it out or ?

My NOC IS 4112, I'M A lawyer

Shyee, and berexio1. i PMed u,since yesterday.
Thank you my gurus, Jesus Dway et al
Not sure if I saw ur PM..Just evaluate ur degree alone..Secondary school should be left out and pls use WES
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ddestiny(m): 2:03pm On Aug 21, 2015
candykenni:
@ ddestiny, please any update?

@CandyKenny, no feedback yet. This people has been quiet
Do you have feedback on the passport datapage to clarify the age that you sent by post to WES ?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by thesoj: 5:24pm On Aug 21, 2015
I'm not a reader of this thread but stumbled upon this post randomly. Just wanted to say you don't necessarily need to be in the US for up to eight years to obtain permanent residency (assuming you are on an F1 student visa).

Since you will obtain your MSc in software engineering, this is a really hot area that would enable you to get your US permanent residency in possibly two years from when an employer files on your behalf. What you need to do is to get a job with an elite tech company like Google, Amazon, Apple, Facebook, Twitter, etc and you will have your green card in hand likely three years from when you start working for them (many companies file for you six months to a year after you start working... some even start earlier). Btw, I live in the US and came on an F1 visa and now have a green card. I am an engineer as well.

Anyways, keep doing your Canada runs but don't count out getting PR in the US, especially since you are into software.

castrogee:
However, having lived in the West (America) I know that as an Immigrant your chances start the moment you become a permanent resident. Conversely, to be a permanent resident (for my visa status) I need at least to stay legal in the US for eight years - many of my friends don't mind staying that long - but for me; I don't see myself staying in the states for eight straight years just to be a permanent resident...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 5:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
40manlappy:

Thank you.

Can my spouse still be the principal applicant?

Sure, she can. Its better in the long run because of her age. Also, i observe most of your queries have been answered and from my assessment, there's no reason why you shouldnt qualify. Just be careful when applying again and take the cues you were given
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Humblega(m): 7:19pm On Aug 21, 2015
14th draw is out

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by akogun007: 8:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
WoodcrestMayor:
AceOak,your input would be much appreciated here. smiley

CSE: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra

E-mail AVO: accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bahaushiya: 10:32pm On Aug 21, 2015
Good evening.
Please my husband and I are interested in applying, we contacted an expert and the charge is much. A friend applied to another country and with the help of people in this section they were guided on how to go about the application and it was a success.
The person we contacted said he has never failed anyone since he started, and that he will give us proper formats for the application and all, but the money is a lot.
Please if anyone here can help us with guidance for the express entry application I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks.

Shyee
AceOak
Berexio1

Thanks everyone. I'm willing to give any information that would help.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cherie24(f): 12:39am On Aug 22, 2015
@Bahaushiya...I am also interested just as you. But house please, does it mean that you do not have any chance if
1) You do not have any relative in Canada
2) You do not get a job offer.

I understand these two gives very high points.

Please help help us...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 1:51am On Aug 22, 2015
Bahaushiya:
Good evening.
Please my husband and I are interested in applying, we contacted an expert and the charge is much. A friend applied to another country and with the help of people in this section they were guided on how to go about the application and it was a success.
The person we contacted said he has never failed anyone since he started, and that he will give us proper formats for the application and all, but the money is a lot.
Please if anyone here can help us with guidance for the express entry application I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks.

Shyee
AceOak
Berexio1

In my opinion it's better to do everything yourself except you're very rich and you've got money to burn. Besides it's highly unlikely that the expert has never failed anyone because this EE is a new system and as such very few people have received PPR via this system so far. I'll suggest you go back a few pages on this forum as people have posted the step by step process quite a number of times. You can also go through this link as a guide.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 1:56am On Aug 22, 2015
cherie24:
@Bahaushiya...I am also interested just as you. But house please, does it mean that you do not have any chance if
1) You do not have any relative in Canada
2) You do not get a job offer.

I understand these two gives very high points.

Please help help us...

Wrong. I had neither of these but was still able to apply.

Firstly having a relative in Canada would only give you points towards the 67 points needed to qualify via the FSW route, it won't add to your EE score. The best and easiest way is to ace your IELTS exam. However if you're above 34 years of age with a Bachelor's degree as your highest qualification then you may find it necessary to apply for a PNP to boost your EE score.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ladaps2001: 1:57am On Aug 22, 2015
Evening great nairalanders,
I once applied for FSWP 2013 through and agent whom i submitted my IELTS result,all my credentials for evaluation and all that to,paid him as well but nothing came out of it. I intend processing the EE my self now but need some clarifications;
1) I studied chem. Engr as my first degree and have gotten an MBA now,how do i chose an occupation in the NOIC list as i do not have any work experience in my first degree of study but have over 5yrs experience in the financial industry.
2) how do i get my IELTS result from BC again as i can't contact the agent i gave the first one to in 2013.
3) can i get a step by step approach on the EE as for to know what to do next at the right time.
4) I am now married,does my wife have to write the IELTS too as i will now be including her in my application.
I'd really appreciate anyone's response on this.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 2:37am On Aug 22, 2015
ladaps2001:
Evening great nairalanders,
I once applied for FSWP 2013 through and agent whom i submitted my IELTS result,all my credentials for evaluation and all that to,paid him as well but nothing came out of it. I intend processing the EE my self now but need some clarifications;
1) I studied chem. Engr as my first degree and have gotten an MBA now,how do i chose an occupation in the NOIC list as i do not have any work experience in my first degree of study but have over 5yrs experience in the financial industry.
2) how do i get my IELTS result from BC again as i can't contact the agent i gave the first one to in 2013.
3) can i get a step by step approach on the EE as for to know what to do next at the right time.
4) I am now married,does my wife have to write the IELTS too as i will now be including her in my application.
I'd really appreciate anyone's response on this.

1) choose an occupation that best suits your work experience. You won't be needing your first degree as you now have an MBA so your MBA should now be assessed.
2) Forget about that IELTS as IELTS is only valid for 2 years. As 2015 is already almost up you'll need to take another test.
3) Go back a few pages and check previous posts. It has been written on this forum about a million times.
4) Yes she would if you want to boost your score as she could add up to 20 points to the CRS score.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 2:38am On Aug 22, 2015
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 40manlappy: 6:25am On Aug 22, 2015
superchi:

You cannot edit the not eligible one. Just start with the online tool ''Come to Canada''. Complete it and copy the reference number at the end. Go to your existing ''MyCIC'' profile sign in and start a new EE form. The first thing you will need is the ref.number you copied. Try it.

Thanks very much superchi and also JesusDWay but at this point, I do not know what else to do.

We created another profile and reviewed it very carefully before submission, taking note of superchi's advice but on checking our status this morning, it was disappointing to see "Not eligible for Express Entry" AGAIN on our MyCIC status.

What we saw is the usual generic response in a PDF letter:

Reasons you would not be eligible for Express Entry include:
• not having a valid language test (IELTS)
• language test results that are more than two years old (NOT TRUE-December 2014)
• a language test score that is too low (NOT TRUE-Principal applicant:Listening-6.5, Reading-7, Writing-7, Speaking-7.5. Overall score-7 Me: Listening-8, Reading-8, Writing-7, Speaking-6.5. Overall score-7.5)
• not having enough relevant work experience (NOT LIKELY=Principal applicant:6 years, a chartered accountant; Me-9 years, banker)
• not having the required education level (NOT LIKELY-Principal applicant:Bsc, ACA; Me-Bsc, ACIB, MBA)
• not having enough funds (NOT LIKELY-22,000 CAD)

Kindly proffer suggestions again because I am not giving up easily. I intend to create another profile today.

Looping: Slimmsyyetty, damkollins, solomonwis, dupyshoo, Tola73, RedCapChief, unibadan, Taiwoabo
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ladaps2001: 7:54am On Aug 22, 2015
Thanks zandora!!!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by berexio1: 10:08am On Aug 22, 2015
Bahaushiya:
Good evening.
Thanks.

Shyee
AceOak
Berexio1

We are all here to help one another..Start by acquainting ursef with loads of info here and abbreviations..Start reading...we will be here to answer ur specific questions when u decide to ask.We simply do it ourselves here..U don't need an agent
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bahaushiya: 12:52pm On Aug 22, 2015
berexio1:
We are all here to help one another..Start by acquainting ursef with loads of info here and abbreviations..Start reading...we will be here to answer ur specific questions when u decide to ask.We simply do it ourselves here..U don't need an agent
Thanks.
Thanks Zandora. I'll have him follow the thread.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 1:08pm On Aug 22, 2015
40manlappy:

Thanks very much superchi and also JesusDWay but at this point, I do not know what else to do.

We created another profile and reviewed it very carefully before submission, taking note of superchi's advice but on checking our status this morning, it was disappointing to see "Not eligible for Express Entry" AGAIN on our MyCIC status.

Kindly proffer suggestions again because I am not giving up easily. I intend to create another profile today.

Looping: Slimmsyyetty, damkollins, solomonwis, dupyshoo, Tola73, RedCapChief, unibadan, Taiwoabo

Did you add all your education from primary school till date in the education history?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by slimmsyyetty: 1:18pm On Aug 22, 2015
40manlappy:

Have you evaluated your credentials
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Etfash(m): 1:48pm On Aug 22, 2015
Good day house.
I am a little curious:

1) Why does IELTS coordinators seek to know where one intends to migrate to?

2) Why is it that people score a band of 7 and above in three of the modules and then score slightly less than 7 in one of the modules? Is this done to test takers deliberately?

3) Is IELTS also working with CIC to check the influx of people to Canada?

These are just a few thoughts i have... Check out the scores in this page alone, for 40manlappy, his wife and even the poster before him in this page; mine wasn't any different: 8.5, 8, 8 and 6.5. I lost over 50 points on account of this.

I would have enquired but, having read the experience of many, it may just be better to write another one.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 40manlappy: 2:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
zandora:

Did you add all your education from primary school till date in the education history?

Yes, we did. Thanks for responding
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2015
Etfash:
Good day house.
I am a little curious:

1) Why does IELTS coordinators seek to know where one intends to migrate to?

2) Why is it that people score a band of 7 and above in three of the modules and then score slightly less than 7 in one of the modules? Is this done to test takers deliberately?

3) Is IELTS also working with CIC to check the influx of people to Canada?

These are just a few thoughts i have... Check out the scores in this page alone, for 40manlappy, his wife and even the poster before him in this page; mine wasn't any different: 8.5, 8, 8 and 6.5. I lost over 50 points on account of this.

I would have enquired but, having read the experience of many, it may just be better to write another one.

You know, the one that baffles me most is how Indians with poor English seem to do better than us. You look at the way some of them write and yet, when they highlight their IELTS result, you wonder how they made such grade.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 40manlappy: 4:34pm On Aug 22, 2015
slimmsyyetty:

Have you evaluated your credentials

Yes, only our BSc degrees and SSC though, through ICAS.

It was considered equivalent to a 4 year Bachelor's degree.

Cc: Zandora, JesusDWay
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Etfash(m): 4:53pm On Aug 22, 2015
JesusDWay:

You know, the one that baffles me most is how Indians with poor English seem to do better than us. You look at the way some of them write and yet, when they highlight their IELTS result, you wonder how they made such grade.

You see, i don't even want to mention that. I watched so many videos while preparing and i saw so many write-ups that were graded 8. With all modesty, an average Nigerian wouldn't do any less.

How many Nigerians who wrote the IELTS at home had maximum points? Sometimes i am tempted to think these guys have a quota system. 'Give maximum points to 6 extremely outstanding people in that country all year round; no more no less' Now that may not be the case, but the reality may not be far from it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 5:56pm On Aug 22, 2015
40manlappy:

Yes, we did. Thanks for responding

Very strange. Kindly answer the following questions.
How many years did your education come up to? Was it up to 17 years?
How old is the principal applicant?
Did you mean 4 years Bachelor's degree?
What is your IELTS individual band score?
How many years experience do you have and from which NOC?
Finally were you able to get through the Come to Canada tool and receive a code?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bolinchin: 7:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
Hi all, after I received an email from WES that photocopies of my documents have been sent to my school for verification I started following up in school but for like a month they kept telling me they are yet to receive it.So I was advised to tell WES to send it by email which I did.In response to my mail of August 20, WES replied they also sent a mail to my institution on the 23rd of july. Well I am not sure if my school has replied the mail but my status today changed from awaiting verification from institution to document received review in progress. Please house what does this imply.Cc: Shyee, Zandora, Tola73 et al.Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 40manlappy: 7:44pm On Aug 22, 2015
zandora:

Very strange. Kindly answer the following questions.
How many years did your education come up to? Was it up to 17 years? Yes, Principal Applicant (PA)=17, Me=20
How old is the principal applicant? 32
Did you mean 4 years Bachelor's degree? Yes
What is your IELTS individual band score? PA:Listening-6.5, Reading-7, Writing-7, Speaking-7.5. Overall score-7 Me: Listening-8, Reading-8, Writing-7, Speaking-6.5. Overall score-7.5)
How many years experience do you have and from which NOC? PA=6 NOC 1111, Me=0122
Finally were you able to get through the Come to Canada tool and receive a code? Yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.