Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829895 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Rebecks015: 5:16pm On Aug 26, 2015
Hi House, Hi Gurus,

Does anyone know the NOC for marketers of petroleum products?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 5:40pm On Aug 26, 2015
Etfash:

Thank you. Does it mean people who had at least 400points and selected 'all province' or 'Ontario' as their preferred destination were automatically sent an ITA by OINP?

Yes many people who created their profile after June 01st and selected Ontario and all provinces were automatically issued Ontario expression of interest email between the months of June and July.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ladaps2001: 5:46pm On Aug 26, 2015
I just confirmed that i wrote the IELTS on 1st of February 2014 and since you said it lasts for 2years, I think i am still covered. My concerns now are;
1) The original test report was sent to the agent who was helping with it then and i can't seem to reach him again plus i don't have any copy as to have an idea of what my then score was. Is there a way i could test another test report from BC

2) My MBA result isn't ready yet,what i can lay hold on is the "To Whom" that was issued to me.Does that suffice for ECA or i shouldn't just include it for assessment which means i will have to change my NOIC to reflect my first degree alone which i don't have any work experience in except for less than a year industrial attachment.I have over 4yrs in the financial industry and the only certificate to back that up is the MBA which isn't ready.

3)Can i go ahead with the payment for WES even when my school here is yet to finish processing my transcript talkless of sending?

@zandora kindly assist
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mozo: 6:06pm On Aug 26, 2015
Rebecks015:
Hi House, Hi Gurus,

Does anyone know the NOC for marketers of petroleum products?

Thank you.

Try and Google it
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by squash1986(m): 6:34pm On Aug 26, 2015
zandora:

It has to be a direct relative so that when you provide your birth certificate the surname of your parents or maiden name of your mum would be the same as that of the relative you're claiming points for. Therefore it should be your parent's siblings.

Hey thanks zandora,
Thank you for answering my question. However according to my calculation, I have acquired 63 points out of 100 points. Therefore, I need additional 4 points to be eligible to apply for the express entry program. From your reply,it will be irrelevant for me to ask my Aunt to send me papers because I am not directly to related to her. However,is it possible I tell a good white lie that she is my mum's step sister and then look for how to back my claim? Because as it is now. I dont have any point under the adaptability criteria and the only options left for me to get this additional point and maybe exceed it is to either write a TEF test as a second language or get a job offer which these two options are quite difficult to go by judging from the time frame I have left,in the sense that, we just 4 months for this year to run out, and I may need more than that learn french coupled with hustle. I'm so dying to complete this application and face other issues in my life. So, please I need your candid opinion or suggestion about my problem from both the house and from you because, I have spent a lot of money and I don't want it to fail. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2015
With gratitude to GOD and with great joy, I announce the arrival of my PPR.

Someone's timeline below..

Timeline:

Provincial nomination June 19
Ita - june 26
Medical June 30
Application July 13th
AoR July 13th
Medical passed July 14th
Schedule A spouse July 30th,
Add info request: August 18th and 26th
Background check: never started
PPR: August 26h

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 7:11pm On Aug 26, 2015
squash1986:

Hey thanks zandora,
Thank you for answering my question. However according to my calculation, I have acquired 63 points out of 100 points. Therefore, I need additional 4 points to be eligible to apply for the express entry program. From your reply,it will be irrelevant for me to ask my Aunt to send me papers because I am not directly to related to her. However,is it possible I tell a good white lie that she is my mum's step sister and then look for how to back my claim? Because as it is now. I dont have any point under the adaptability criteria and the only options left for me to get this additional point and maybe exceed it is to either write a TEF test as a second language or get a job offer which these two options are quite difficult to go by judging from the time frame I have left,in the sense that, we just 4 months for this year to run out, and I may need more than that learn french coupled with hustle. I'm so dying to complete this application and face other issues in my life. So, please I need your candid opinion or suggestion about my problem from both the house and from you because, I have spent a lot of money and I don't want it to fail. Thank you.

Give us a breakdown of how you arrived at 63, its possible you are missing something. The only thing that can make you score low is if you dont have a good number of years of work experience or your age is high or possibly, you are calculating the score for language wrongly
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 7:11pm On Aug 26, 2015
ladaps2001:
I just confirmed that i wrote the IELTS on 1st of February 2014 and since you said it lasts for 2years, I think i am still covered. My concerns now are;
1) The original test report was sent to the agent who was helping with it then and i can't seem to reach him again plus i don't have any copy as to have an idea of what my then score was. Is there a way i could test another test report from BC

2) My MBA result isn't ready yet,what i can lay hold on is the "To Whom" that was issued to me.Does that suffice for ECA or i shouldn't just include it for assessment which means i will have to change my NOIC to reflect my first degree alone which i don't have any work experience in except for less than a year industrial attachment.I have over 4yrs in the financial industry and the only certificate to back that up is the MBA which isn't ready.

3)Can i go ahead with the payment for WES even when my school here is yet to finish processing my transcript talkless of sending?

@zandora kindly assist

1) why don't you just take another test after all you only have about 5 months left on your prior IELTS. You need your scanned original IELTS copy and even if you were able to receive your original old copy from BC, by the time they respond to you, you complete your ECA, you receive your ITA and are ready to apply would the report still be valid? By the way did you score maximum points in your previous IELTS? My advise would still be that you focus on taking another test to score the highest possible bands.
2) If you really want to maximise your chances of receiving your ITA then you should assess your MBA. Also you've got 4 years work experience in finance which would definitely give you more points as against the 1 year experience you intend to use. Your MBA transcript should be sent directly to WES along with the form (downloaded from the WES website to be completed by your school).
3) I don't understand what you mean by your school hasn't finished processing your transcript. If you've graduated and your transcript is available then you'll need to pay for your WES first so that you'll get your ID number that you'll need to write on the envelope of your transcript when sending it to WES.

P.S - I hope you know there is a high possibility you won't quality for FSW (ie score the minimum of 67 points) If you use your first degree (Bachelor's) and 1 year experience except you scored the highest band in your IELTS or have a relative in Canada. Also remember age is also a detrimental factor. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 7:21pm On Aug 26, 2015
squash1986:

Hey thanks zandora,

If your aunt is currently in Canada then don't even bother telling that white lie otherwise they'll find out. This is because when applying to go to Canada you'll have to list all the names and addresses of your parents, siblings and step siblings, therefore when they check your aunt's personal history on their systems they'll see that she never declared your mum as her step sister which will spell trouble for both you and your aunt. Also as JesusDway asked, how did you arrive at 63?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 7:32pm On Aug 26, 2015
ladaps2001:

@zandora kindly assist

I think you can ask for another copy of the test report from British Council, try and check their website for details but, considering that it might soon expire, you may wanna consider doing a fresh one. However, it's not the best that you don't have a copy of the old one

There are 2 things with your transcript, it may be ready while your result or certificate is not ready and it may still be in compilation. If you are certain it is ready and school can send it without your result being ready yet then, there may be a Window of opportunity. I will suggest you contact WES to know if they will accept 'To Whom' from you provided your transcript is ready therefore, you should for now hold on with payment till they tell you what to do.

Your work experience is separate from your education, they are required to have a connection for this immigration purpose, they are only used as assessment parameters to determine if you can successfully integrate and be of benefit to their society(time to start dropping naija mentality small small grin )
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Joshcoli(m): 10:10pm On Aug 26, 2015
hi
I'm new here, please for the express entry, is my wife required to take ielts since am the principal person applying
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Anthonydebo: 10:30pm On Aug 26, 2015
Dear eforumite,

May God bless each and everyone in this house for all the supports rendered. Please seniors, kindly assist me with the following questions:
I have my wife with me somewhere outside the country and we just had our medicals done, I actually stated in my application that I live here and submitted PCC with my application but my wife recently joined me, is it required to inform AVO about my wife travels?
My Medicals was completed since 18/08 but no update on ECAS, do I need to worry myself and how long does it take for it to be updated?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 11:31pm On Aug 26, 2015
Joshcoli:
hi
I'm new here, please for the express entry, is my wife required to take ielts since am the principal person applying

It's not compulsory but your wife should take the test if you need extra points as she can add up to 20 points to your total score by taking the exam.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by twaj: 9:38am On Aug 27, 2015
JesusDWay:
With gratitude to GOD and with great joy, I announce the arrival of my PPR.

Someone's timeline below..

Timeline:

Provincial nomination June 19
Ita - june 26
Medical June 30
Application July 13th
AoR July 13th
Medical passed July 14th
Schedule A spouse July 30th,
Add info request: August 18th and 26th
Background check: never started
PPR: August 26h

Congrats ....I got mine on the 24th of Aug. I am however FSWP 2014 Oct applicant. I sent the passports yesterday! See you soon in Canada by His grace.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 10:16am On Aug 27, 2015
twaj:

Congrats ....I got mine on the 24th of Aug. I am however FSWP 2014 Oct applicant. I sent the passports yesterday! See you soon in Canada by His grace.

It's someone's timeline, not mine but, congratulations to you all the same, the good news shall be everyone's portion in Jesus name, amen.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by squash1986(m): 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
JesusDWay:

Give us a breakdown of how you arrived at 63, its possible you are missing something. The only thing that can make you score low is if you dont have a good number of years of work experience or your age is high or possibly, you are calculating the score for language wrongly

FACTORS MAX SCORE REMARKS
1st Official Language 24 21 Based on my IELTS score,Reading: 7.0,
Listening: 7.0, Writing: 6.5, Speaking: 7.0.
Average Score: 7.0.
2nd Official Language 4 0
Age of Birth 12 12
Education 25 21 ECA Available
Work Experience 15 9 So far, the reference letter I have obtained as at
January this year from my company, states that
I have worked for them for 1 Year and 10 months.
Job Offer 10 0 Not applicable.
Adaptability 10 0
Total 100 63 Minimum Required: 67 Points

@Zandora,
Thank you for your reply. Above, is how I derived the 63 points. From your message, I noticed that my work experience is quite low (NYSC experience and periods wasted in search of a job excluded). I think I have to redress it in order for me to get additional point and then become eligible.
Thanks,anyway for your observations and suggestions.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekicedar: 7:00pm On Aug 27, 2015
JesusDWay:

@Jesusdway

Pls I paid for my ielts on line and I got a mail that my payment has been accepted

1, Do I need to send any supporting documents?
2. I checked d status and it is showing processing
3.I have not received the link to Road to ielts.

Kindly advice
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Etfash(m): 7:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
Ekicedar:

@Jesusdway

Pls I paid for my ielts on line and I got a mail that my payment has been accepted

Kindly advice

Print out the payment acceptance page, scan it alongside a scanned copy of your ID and send to exams.nigeria@ng.britishcouncil.org.

I am not certain what the email subject should be. However, I think a catchy one would do.. 'IELTS TEST PAYMENT DETAILS', 'Details of IELTS exam Payment' or something like that.

Please note that, I did not pay online. But I read through this procedure before I opted for offline payment.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekicedar: 10:25pm On Aug 27, 2015
Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 10:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
Ekicedar:

@Jesusdway

Kindly advice

Wait for them, but no longer than 2 or 3days otherwise, go to their office or call them and let them know
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 10:54pm On Aug 27, 2015
squash1986:

FACTORS MAX SCORE REMARKS
1st Official Language 24 21 Based on my IELTS score,Reading: 7.0,
Listening: 7.0, Writing: 6.5, Speaking: 7.0.
Average Score: 7.0.
2nd Official Language 4 0
Age of Birth 12 12
Education 25 21 ECA Available
Work Experience 15 9 So far, the reference letter I have obtained as at
January this year from my company, states that
I have worked for them for 1 Year and 10 months.
Job Offer 10 0 Not applicable.
Adaptability 10 0
Total 100 63 Minimum Required: 67 Points

@Zandora,
Thank you for your reply. Above, is how I derived the 63 points. From your message, I noticed that my work experience is quite low (NYSC experience and periods wasted in search of a job excluded). I think I have to redress it in order for me to get additional point and then become eligible.
Thanks,anyway for your observations and suggestions.

Yes your work experience has made you score low however you can increase your points to be eligible to apply by retaking your IELTS. Your writing and listening made you loose 3 points hence if you redo the test and get a 7 in writing and an 8 in listening you'll get the maximum 24 points for 1st language. However even if you do this you'll still be short of 1 point to make 67 therefore I'll also suggest you wait till March next year so you can make 3 years and hence qualify to apply.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:58am On Aug 28, 2015
What date did your application get there?
I'm a Dec 20-something applicant and i've not gotten any correspondence asides the PER.
Luvmuma:
Has any December applicant for FSWP 2014 received MR?
Thanks for being there as usual.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cherie24(f): 12:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
zandora:

WAEC? Why do you want to assess your WAEC Don't you have a BSc or HND?

Thank you Zandora... I have a BA obtained in 2005. I have also applied for Master's in Canada for Fall 2016 admissions. I tot WAEC results are parts of the requirements including the BA. That is what i saw on the WES website unless i didnt read the information well.

Meanwhile, I have 8yrs work experience, 9yrs by March next yr, will this score me low?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 2:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
cherie24:

Thank you Zandora... I have a BA obtained in 2005. I have also applied for Master's in Canada for Fall 2016 admissions. I tot WAEC results are parts of the requirements including the BA. That is what i saw on the WES website unless i didnt read the information well.

Meanwhile, I have 8yrs work experience, 9yrs by March next yr, will this score me low?

No it wont, it's good for you. Age and low IELTS grade is what can score you low.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Anthonydebo: 3:22pm On Aug 28, 2015
Anthonydebo:
Dear eforumite,

@ Zandora, @ Jesusdway and others please assist me with helpful answers

May God bless each and everyone in this house for all the supports rendered. Please seniors, kindly assist me with the following questions:
I have my wife with me somewhere outside the country and we just had our medicals done, I actually stated in my application that I live here and submitted PCC with my application but my wife recently joined me, is it required to inform AVO about my wife travels?
My Medicals was completed since 18/08 but no update on ECAS, do I need to worry myself and how long does it take for it to be updated?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cherie24(f): 4:41pm On Aug 28, 2015
JesusDWay:

No it wont, it's good for you. Age and low IELTS grade is what can score you low.

Thank you Very much...I am yet to do the IELTS and i yet to be 32...will start tutorials and then register for the exam.
Thank you once again

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by squash1986(m): 5:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
zandora:

Yes your work experience has made you score low however you can increase your points to be eligible to apply by retaking your IELTS. Your writing and listening made you loose 3 points hence if you redo the test and get a 7 in writing and an 8 in listening you'll get the maximum 24 points for 1st language. However even if you do this you'll still be short of 1 point to make 67 therefore I'll also suggest you wait till March next year so you can make 3 years and hence qualify to apply.

@zandora,
I agree with you about everything you've said especially the retaking of the IELTS. However,I can still approach my boss again and plead with him to re-issue me another reference letter stating that I have up to 3 years of work experience, then correct my work experience in the application form under the Schedule 3/Economic Class. The most important thing is for him to back my claim whenever he is contacted by CIC.
I will take your suggestion, but I will not wait till March next year before I raise another reference letter.Thank you anyway.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cocolacec(m): 6:24pm On Aug 28, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Edgeoftomorrow(m): 7:29am On Aug 29, 2015
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meritoz: 10:40am On Aug 29, 2015
Please can you explain how the ranking is done. Because i checked it and don't know how to make a score of 500 and above if I followed the ranking on the website.

Thanks

JesusDWay:
MPNP under the Expression of Interest System – Draw #1 – May 20, 2015

Skilled Workers in Manitoba

Number of Letters of Advice to Apply issued: 76

Ranking score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 700

Skilled Workers Overseas

Number of Letters of Advice to Apply issued: 75

Ranking score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 607

PLEASE NOTE:

1. For reasons which could include a large existing inventory of un-assessed applications; low labour market-demand; and/or significant barriers to labour market participation, Expressions of Interest from Skilled Workers Overseas in the following occupations have not been considered in this draw:

Registered Nurses
Secondary and Elementary School Teachers
Vocational and College Instructors
University Professors
General and Specialist Physicians

2. If your score is higher than that of the lowest-ranked candidate, but you have not received an Letter of Advice to Apply, this could be because:

You have indicated that you have taken a n approved third-party language test to demonstrate your language ability in English/French, but have not provided a valid Test Number in your EOI
You have indicated that you have received an Invitation to Apply to the MPNP under a Strategic Initiative, but did not provide a valid Invitation Number
You have indicated that you are working in an occupation that is considered regulated and are fully licensed to practice in your profession or trade in Manitoba, but your occupation is not regulated.

Please note that for each question in EOI, help text is available, providing detailed information on the information you should enter. If one of these scenarios applies to you, you may wish to update your EOI with the correct information in order to be considered for the next draw from the EOI pool.

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.