Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov (19924 Views)

I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares / Jonathan Will Contest In 2015 – Edwin Clark / I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by chino24: 10:50pm On Jun 05, 2013
eggheaders:

am on mobile phone i can't really dig out those awards but my school won loads back then including for best innovation in Nigeria university for the first indigeous car tracking system.

Exit strategy. There is no such awards anywhere. It was never won by any SW university. If you want to talk of awards cross the Niger into the East then you will be stormed with several awards in sciences and geo-sciences not entrepreneural won in yorubaland. grin grin grin grin
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 05, 2013
Alhaji Rochas Okorocha want to contest for Presidential election this man is a comedian who is going to vote for him
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by gbanikiti(m): 10:53pm On Jun 05, 2013
DerideGull:

You are bloody insincere fellow that walked the surface of earth. There are no nukes and crannies of Owerre that are not familiar. The most blunder crap you committed on this to upload the picture of Wetheral Road as one of the goofy achievements of Rochas Okorocha.

Only deluded halfwits will deliberate on nonsense such as "Igbo syndrome". I guess you are the only person afflicted with such syndrome, if any. Please if you want to brand your family as being afflicted with certain sickness, I pray you leave Igbo people out of it.
Aren't you ashamed of yourself? you still have the effrontery to spew dust? i wish i could see you face to face and give a you a memorable and befitting slap on your corrupt face. nonsense! you see my moniker? from today you don't deserve any respect and may thunder strike anyone who comes to this forum and say you should be respected. Rubbish! "spits on his face! "

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by gratiaeo(m): 10:57pm On Jun 05, 2013
eggheaders:
the osun and ogbomoso school are light years better than all this crap lessons you gat across the niger our lady's woliwo, urban boys and girls, ckc , army boys and girls, modebbe onitsha grammar school and other shyteholes.
In Osun where students are sitting on the floor? I hear some are carrying chairs from their house to school

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by norabenok: 10:58pm On Jun 05, 2013
DerideGull:

I live in Owerre and sure the development you referred in your post is pure illusion. Please let us see such developments through the camera lens.

Is it possible you live in Owerri or anywhere in or near Imo state?
The roads Gov. Okorocha-led govt started in Orlu are no where near completion. The sum total of the distance of the roads in Orlu is about one-twentieth of the kilometer distance of roads being built in Owerri.

A project most dear to discerning people in Orlu - the Orlu urban drainage project - started by late Gov. Ikwechegh has hardly gone beyond where it was started.

Portable water is a mirage in Orlu. It costs 250K to dig and get water in Owerri, but in Orlu, it is about 1.5million Naira.

The two groups of Pictures below: Group 1 is Owerri, group 2 is Orlu - uncompleted roads.
In owerri, Okorocha's projects ranging from Heroes square to Freedom square to the beautiful dual carriage way that surges from Wetherel Rd and joins Aba Rd in Owerri, to the Ahiajoku hall, to the nearing completion dual carriage way linking Onitsha Rd to Orlu Rd in Owerri .... name them ... Gov. Okorocha concentrates about 90% of his development efforts in Owerri.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by eggheaders(m): 10:59pm On Jun 05, 2013
chino24:

Exit strategy. There is no such awards anywhere. It was never won by any SW university. If you want to talk of awards cross the Niger into the East then you will be stormed with several awards in sciences and geo-sciences not entrepreneural won in yorubaland. grin grin grin grin

delude orangutan who is quitting if the same Ansu I visited that look more like a glorified secondary school. even deep down in your mind you know you can't compare that scrap with lautech talkless of u.I, unilag, unilorin, oau oba awon university. tho still digging the little I can get on my phone to cure your ignorance.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by chino24: 11:01pm On Jun 05, 2013
eggheaders:

am on mobile phone i can't really dig out those awards but my school won loads back then including for best innovation in Nigeria university for the first indigeous car tracking system.

http://www.informationng.com/2013/04/top-50-universities-in-nigeria-2013-ranking-published-by-national-university-commission-nuc.html

http://www.informationng.com/2013/04/top-50-universities-in-nigeria-2013-ranking-published-by-national-university-commission-nuc.html

https://www.nairaland.com/1021655/unilag-ui-shine-google-online

http://ifecisrg.org/content/group-member-wins-international-robotics-prize

These are all trash awards, it can't march any of the awards won by Eastern Universities. It does not show brilliance and academic excellence. Go and sleep tomorrow is another day biko. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by eggheaders(m): 11:04pm On Jun 05, 2013
gratiaeo:
In Osun where students are sitting on the floor? I hear some are carrying chairs from their house to school

you will definitely beat the devil in a lying competition. same osun state schools that are getting mordern structures, new school uniforms and now opon imo for free. guy go meet the panel beater to help fix the loose nut in your brain.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by chino24: 11:04pm On Jun 05, 2013
eggheaders:

delude orangutan who is quitting if the same Ansu I visited that look more like a glorified secondary school. even deep down in your mind you know you can't compare that scrap with lautech talkless of u.I, unilag, unilorin, oau oba awon university. tho still digging the little I can get on my phone to cure your ignorance.

That is the problem, they built this and that for you, but you people remain empty vessels. grin grin grin grin

The same school you are talking down on, are daily winning international awards.

Go to its perm site at Igbariam to see wonders. Probably you went to Uli-Tempsite.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by eggheaders(m): 11:07pm On Jun 05, 2013
chino24:

These are all trash awards, it can't march any of the awards won by Eastern Universities. It does not show brilliance and academic excellence. Go and sleep tomorrow is another day biko. grin grin grin grin

definitely you are a fuccktard. geez are the eastern universities sleeping when our guys are breezing this awards. in between where are your guys doing the Zain African challenge maybe they are busy eating akpu and the other civil war induced crappy delicacies. ogri smelling mouth bonono like you.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by eggheaders(m): 11:09pm On Jun 05, 2013
A final year student in the department of Mechanical Engineering,
ADEBOLA Simeon Oluwafunmilore, has made the University proud in
the AFRON “10 Dollar robot” design challenge,as the only African
winner in the Tethered category. Of the ten winners worldwide, he
placed fourth.
The competition had requested contestants to “design anew class of
affordable robots for learning ( especially in primary and secondary
schools)”; with the requirements that entries would describe the
design process for a robot that waould cost between 10 to 100 US
dollars anywhere.
The student presented his recently completed final year project, jointly
supervised by Dr. O.A. Odejobi(Department of computer science and
engineering) for the competition, under the contest name, RoboArm.
The organisers had remarked that, “The RoboArm was not just built for
Africa; it was built in Africa, as a senior project at the Obafemi
Awolowo University. The arm has five joints, including a gripping
pincer, and uses clear plastic for the structure and scavenged motors”.
The winning entries have been posted on the AFRON design challenge
webpage: http://www.robotics-africa.org/design_challenge.html
the winners have also been annouced through articles in Wired and
IEEE Spectrum: http://www.wired.com/design/2012/09/africon-
winners/ http://spectrum.ieee.org/automation/robotics/diy/winners-
of-10-robot-challenge-announced
the challenge and its winners were also mentioned on Slashdot: http://
hardware.slashdot.org/story/12/09/30/1759224/african-robotics-
network-challenge-spur-rash-of-10-robots
< http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/12/09/30/1759224/african-
robotics-network-challenge-spur-rash-of-10-robots
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by chino24: 11:09pm On Jun 05, 2013
eggheaders:

definitely you are a fuccktard. geez are the eastern universities sleeping when our guys are breezing this awards. in between where are your guys doing the Zain African challenge maybe they are busy eating akpu and the other civil war induced crappy delicacies. ogri smelling mouth bonono like you.

Goat! post the awards so that we all can view it. grin grin grin grin
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by chino24: 11:12pm On Jun 05, 2013
[s]
eggheaders: A final year student in the department of Mechanical Engineering,
ADEBOLA Simeon Oluwafunmilore, has made the University proud in
the AFRON “10 Dollar robot” design challenge,as the only African
winner in the Tethered category. Of the ten winners worldwide, he
placed fourth.
The competition had requested contestants to “design anew class of
affordable robots for learning ( especially in primary and secondary
schools)”; with the requirements that entries would describe the
design process for a robot that waould cost between 10 to 100 US
dollars anywhere.
The student presented his recently completed final year project, jointly
supervised by Dr. O.A. Odejobi(Department of computer science and
engineering) for the competition, under the contest name, RoboArm.
The organisers had remarked that, “The RoboArm was not just built for
Africa; it was built in Africa, as a senior project at the Obafemi
Awolowo University. The arm has five joints, including a gripping
pincer, and uses clear plastic for the structure and scavenged motors”.
The winning entries have been posted on the AFRON design challenge
webpage: http://www.robotics-africa.org/design_challenge.html
the winners have also been annouced through articles in Wired and
IEEE Spectrum: http://www.wired.com/design/2012/09/africon-
winners/ http://spectrum.ieee.org/automation/robotics/diy/winners-
of-10-robot-challenge-announced
the challenge and its winners were also mentioned on Slashdot: http://
hardware.slashdot.org/story/12/09/30/1759224/african-robotics-
network-challenge-spur-rash-of-10-robots
< http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/12/09/30/1759224/african-
robotics-network-challenge-spur-rash-of-10-robots
[/s]

This is trash. It does not ring a bell. We are talking of award of international repute and you are here talking about amala and oil soup.

Go and bring your champion if not am going to bed to be with my family.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by eggheaders(m): 11:13pm On Jun 05, 2013
chino24:

Goat! post the awards so that we all can view it. grin grin grin grin

ewu gambia you would have told me earlier you are using a chinko phone that can't open links. leech go get a good phone if you wanna read the links skunkhead imbe.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by gratiaeo(m): 11:14pm On Jun 05, 2013
eggheaders:

Compare them as how
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 05, 2013
eggheaders:

ewu gambia you would have told me earlier you are using a chinko phone that can't open links. leech go get a good phone if you wanna read the links skunkhead imbe.

Just ignore the deflated clown. Ask him where Achebe spent his college years.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by chino24: 11:18pm On Jun 05, 2013
These two awards of international repute over-takes whatever award you guys have won so far and the ones yet to be won. Deal with it. Goodnite.

"AWKA — THE Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, has emerged winners of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists Imperial Barrel Award competed by African universities.

The university came first, scoring 79.33 percent, while Helwan University, Egypt and the Federal University of Technology, Akure came second and third respectively.

Eight universities in Nigeria participated in the competition, including Federal University of Technology, Owerri; University of Lagos; University of Ilorin; Enugu State University of Science and Technology; Nnamdi Azikiwe University; Federal University of Technology, Akure; University of Ibadan and University of Calabar."

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/unizik-wins-geo-sciences-competition-among-african-universities/

"The engineering students of Anambra State University (ANSU), under the aegis of Nuta_Bolts Team, recently ruled the world when it beat 123 teams from across the globe to emerge winner of the 2011 Global Population Challenge Competition.

The team led by young and unassuming Ifeanyichukwu Onyenanu and ably assisted by Nwachukwu Anagu will be in England this July for the Formula Students Competition, to partake in the Silverstone Circuit race car competition. The team, Daily Sun gathered, will also be in Rio, Brazil in June at the United Nations (UN) Rio+20 Earth Summit to present their solution on the Global Population Challenge to the world body.
But the silence that shrouds the achievements of the young lads has began to irritate some people in the university community who feel that had it been some other university in the country that attained the great height, they would have been celebrated by the country and the state."

http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/index.php?topic=161741.0
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by eggheaders(m): 11:19pm On Jun 05, 2013
chino24: [s][/s]

This is trash. It does not ring a bell. We are talking of award of international repute and you are here talking about amala and oil soup.

Go and bring your champion if not am going to bed to be with my family.

fool no be only bell na gong. the low life re*tard looking for an escape strategy like is Abidjan bound progenitor. lmao.

NEWS
Nigeria’s University Wins Zain African Challenge
By
Sep 9, 2009, 17:18
After six months of tough competition, Nigeria’s University of Ibadan
(UI) won the 2009 Zain Africa Challenge, the hugely popular TV quiz
show involving 32 universities from eight nations across East, West
and Central Africa. University of Ibadan defeated Kenya’s Kenyatta
University in the final.
The third season of the Zain Africa Challenge saw competing students
from universities in Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Sierra Leone,
Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia battle it out for the top prize. It was the
first time that UI had won the title in a final watched by tens of
millions of viewers across Africa and beyond. At stake during what has
been dubbed "the Battle of the Brains" was not only the prestige of
taking the crown, but also a share of the more than US$1 million
worth prize money and educational grants donated by Zain.
For its efforts, UI was awarded a US$ 50,000 grant, while each team
member received US$ 5,000. In second place was Kenya’s Kenyatta
University, which won a grant of US$ 35,000, with each team member
going home with US$ 3,000. All the other schools that participated in
the tournament received grants ranging from US$ 5,000 to US$
Mr Chris Gabriel, CEO of Zain Africa said, "The Zain Africa Challenge is
a powerful testimony of Zain’s commitment to the advancement of
humanity through its support for education as well as its social and
community initiatives. As a responsible global corporate citizen, Zain
has proven yet again that it is not only a telecommunications service
provider but also a dependable ally of the African people. Through
Zain Africa Challenge, Zain has created a unique platform for building
and strengthening regional and international alliances."
The prizes were handed out at a packed presentation ceremony in the
Nigerian capital of Abuja, attended by dignitaries from the Government
and the private sector, with Nigerian Minister of Education, the Hon.
Dr Sam Egwu as the Special Guest of Honour. All the Vice-Chancellors
of the Universities that participated in the tournament as well as other
stakeholders in the education sector were also present.
The final between UI and Kenyatta University was broadcast at the
presentation for the benefit of the guests and the mental agility
displayed by UI trio of Nnaemeka Nwachukwu, Olatunji Ayoola Olalere
and Tolulope Oloruntoba, all of whom were present, drew thunderous
applause and admiration from those present.
The Vice-Chancellor, University of Ibadan, Professor Olufemi Bamiro
congratulated Zain for organizing the pan-African quiz show,
describing the initiative as a fantastic and unique corporate social
responsibility program.
The next edition of the Zain Africa Challenge is expected to begin in
late 2009, with thousands of students taking part in national qualifying
tournaments in the participating countries.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by chino24: 11:22pm On Jun 05, 2013
[s]
eggheaders:

fool no be only bell na gong. the low life re*tard looking for an escape strategy like is Abidjan bound progenitor. lmao.

NEWS
Nigeria’s University Wins Zain African Challenge
By
Sep 9, 2009, 17:18
After six months of tough competition, Nigeria’s University of Ibadan
(UI) won the 2009 Zain Africa Challenge, the hugely popular TV quiz
show involving 32 universities from eight nations across East, West
and Central Africa. University of Ibadan defeated Kenya’s Kenyatta
University in the final.
The third season of the Zain Africa Challenge saw competing students
from universities in Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Sierra Leone,
Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia battle it out for the top prize. It was the
first time that UI had won the title in a final watched by tens of
millions of viewers across Africa and beyond. At stake during what has
been dubbed "the Battle of the Brains" was not only the prestige of
taking the crown, but also a share of the more than US$1 million
worth prize money and educational grants donated by Zain.
For its efforts, UI was awarded a US$ 50,000 grant, while each team
member received US$ 5,000. In second place was Kenya’s Kenyatta
University, which won a grant of US$ 35,000, with each team member
going home with US$ 3,000. All the other schools that participated in
the tournament received grants ranging from US$ 5,000 to US$
Mr Chris Gabriel, CEO of Zain Africa said, "The Zain Africa Challenge is
a powerful testimony of Zain’s commitment to the advancement of
humanity through its support for education as well as its social and
community initiatives. As a responsible global corporate citizen, Zain
has proven yet again that it is not only a telecommunications service
provider but also a dependable ally of the African people. Through
Zain Africa Challenge, Zain has created a unique platform for building
and strengthening regional and international alliances."
The prizes were handed out at a packed presentation ceremony in the
Nigerian capital of Abuja, attended by dignitaries from the Government
and the private sector, with Nigerian Minister of Education, the Hon.
Dr Sam Egwu as the Special Guest of Honour. All the Vice-Chancellors
of the Universities that participated in the tournament as well as other
stakeholders in the education sector were also present.
The final between UI and Kenyatta University was broadcast at the
presentation for the benefit of the guests and the mental agility
displayed by UI trio of Nnaemeka Nwachukwu, Olatunji Ayoola Olalere
and Tolulope Oloruntoba, all of whom were present, drew thunderous
applause and admiration from those present.
The Vice-Chancellor, University of Ibadan, Professor Olufemi Bamiro
congratulated Zain for organizing the pan-African quiz show,
describing the initiative as a fantastic and unique corporate social
responsibility program.
The next edition of the Zain Africa Challenge is expected to begin in
late 2009, with thousands of students taking part in national qualifying
tournaments in the participating countries.
[/s]

CRAP awards! Comprehension issues. Go fast fast and request for refund of your school fees. Assuming is not that free substandard education.

We are talking about science and technology award, you are here showing me crap award on enterprenoural and zain TV show award.
Science and Technology is the future. Which means we are already miles miles away into the future while you guys are still in 21st century. chaiiii

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by eggheaders(m): 11:23pm On Jun 05, 2013
gratiaeo:
Compare them as how

in everything infrastructural wise and staff strength including the communication skills of the students. you keep hearing camapuse instead of campus from suppose undergraduate.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by eggheaders(m): 11:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
chino24: [s][/s]

CRAP awards! Go fast fast and request for refund of your school fees. Assuming is not that free substandard education.

damn it !!! you are a lost soul if what I witness during my service year in the east is what y'all called schools .not going to school at all is definitely a better option. university of main market graduate like you wanna come against me. amma adekunlized you mehn.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by chino24: 11:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
eggheaders:

in everything infrastructural wise and staff strength including the communication skills of the students. you keep hearing camapuse instead of campus from suppose undergraduate.

After all said and done you guys are still winning enterprenoural awards instead of sciences as won by easterners.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by gratiaeo(m): 11:31pm On Jun 05, 2013
eggheaders:

Lol
You and this your Zain African Challenge....... Smh!

Four students of the
Department of Geology Nnamdi
Azikiwe University (NAU)
Awka, Anambra State have
lifted the spirits of everyone in
the state.
The quartet, Chibuzo Ahaneku,
Chinelo Ezidiegwu, Nnaemeka
Okoli and Vivian Oguadinma
won this year’s American
Association of Petroleum
Geologist Imperial Barrel Award
(AAPG-IBA).
Traders, children and the
elderly trooped out to join the
student population in
celebration.
The Vice-Chancellor of the
university, Prof. Boniface
Egboka, went into a dance. The
governor, Mr Peter Obi, praised
the youth. Others poured
encomiums on the victorious
four.
It was pointed out that their
excellence reflected the state
government’s efforts in raising
education standard.
The students participated in an
annual competition for
geosciences students.
The competition requires that
university teams analyse and
interpret multiple data sets from
selected basins around the
world known as seismic data,
well logs, formation taps, well
reports and literatures.
The competition which was held
at the Peninsula Hotel Lagos
had six university teams from
different countries in Africa.
Soon, universities from all the
continents of the world will
gather at the United States of
America to compete for the
prestigious global award,
including scholarship funds.
Following their exploits, the
institution, the people and the
state government rolled out
drums to celebrate the all-
conquering student team.
Their mentor, Dr Bernard Odoh
who is also the faculty advisor
and Ms. Nkechi Egboka were
equally celebrated.
Speaker after speaker, including
the state Commissioner for
Economic Planning Prof. Stella
Okunna and Governor Peter
Obi’s Chief of Staff poured
encomiums on the students.
Prof. Okunna said the students’
feat is an indication that
Governor Obi’s efforts in lifting
the standard of education in the
state are not in vain, adding
that the fatherly role played by
Prof. Egboka and his
management team inspired the
students.
Universities from Egypt,
Tunisia, Nigeria and other
countries in Africa participated
in the two-day competition.
The leader of the team and
Faculty Advisor, Dr. Bernard
Odoh said what the laurel
means is that avenue for
employment has been opened
for the students not only in
Nigeria or Africa, but globally.
Odoh further recalled that three
years ago, the university took
the fourth position while in
2012, it came third and capped
it up with the first position in
The Vice-Chancellor of the
institution Prof. Boniface
Egboka threw caution to the
wind and danced to the
admiration of the crowd who
joined him.
Sweating profusely, Egboka
declared that the award will be
presented to President
Goodluck Jonathan in due
course through the Ministry of
Education and the National
Universities Commission (NUC)
Maintaining that standard of
education is not falling, he said
it is the people that are falling,
adding that soon one of the
students will travel to Germany
for further studies.
“UNIZIK is doing well, and we
are proud of the people here. I
feel like a baby. We know why
we are here right now and we
know where we are going.
“Though we have shortfalls in
funding, students are still
excelling. We should provide
resources for the schools. This
feat should be celebrated in Aso
Rock. We are going to write a
letter to Mr. President.
“This has shown that UNIZIK
has really arrived in the
academic world. We are proud
of being members of this
school. We will continue to
mesmerize the entire world. Our
late hero Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe
will be proud wherever he is
today,” Egboka said.
However, he warned some
politicians to stop misleading
and misusing his students by
distracting them from their
studies, adding that they should
allow them to concentrate on
their studies to attract further
laurels to the state and country.
Prof. Joseph Ahaneku told
Newsextra that what the
students had done was part of
the transformation agenda of
the Federal Government.
He said: “We are propagating
the legacy which the late Dr.
Nnamdi Azikiwe left for us and
we believe he will be happy in
the great beyond.”
In a chat with Newsextra, Prof.
Grey Nwakobi said that the
exploits of the students had
rubbished the claims from
certain quarters that Nigerian
graduates are not employable.
He said that it has equally
vindicated the lecturers of the
institution, adding that it had
become a big challenge to other
departments in the institution.
But for Prof. Paul Orajaka, the
students should be given more
encouragement by sending
them to seminars and
international conferences.
He added that the institution
should imbibe a culture of
engaging its best brains instead
of allowing others to meal on
them.
Anambra is on high
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/category/commentaries/

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by eggheaders(m): 11:33pm On Jun 05, 2013
chino24:

After all said and done you guys are still winning enterprenoural awards instead of sciences as won by easterners.

only demented cows like you call an award in robotics an entrepreneurial award. mehn are you this dumb or pretending to be so??
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by chino24: 11:35pm On Jun 05, 2013
These are schools in yorubaland.

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by gratiaeo(m): 11:37pm On Jun 05, 2013
eggheaders:

damn it !!! you are a lost soul if what I witness during my service year in the east is what y'all called schools .not going to school at all is definitely a better option. university of main market graduate like you wanna come against me. amma adekunlized you mehn.
The same university of main market keep on winning international awards

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by chino24: 11:39pm On Jun 05, 2013
grin grin grin grin

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by gratiaeo(m): 11:39pm On Jun 05, 2013
Still counting.......
UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA Office ofthe Vice-Chancellor (Information and Public Relations)
Our Ref: VC/PRO/378/S.I
Date: August 25, 2011
Press Release
UNN Don Wins TWAS-DFG Award
The Vice-Chancellor of the University of Nigeria Professor Bartho Okolo has announced that Rev. Sr. Dr. Dibua Uju Marie Esther (HHCJ) of the Department of Microbiology has won TWAS-DFG award which is a merit-based scientific research fellowship under the “Co-operation Visits Programme” for scientists from sub-Saharan Africa. TWAS (The Academy of Science for the Developing World) promotes scientific capacity and excellence forsustainable development in the South while DFG (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft), a GermanResearch Foundation, represents Germany in its role as a pioneering and simultaneously cosmopolitan centre of research and science and whose responsibility is “to foster contacts between scientists and researchers in Germany and abroad for advancement of internationalization and research collaboration.The award which will be for an initial period of three months is tenable at the Faculty of Biology and Biotechnology, Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany.
Dr. Dibua’s research collaborator is Professor Dr. Julia E., a specialist in the use of proteomic signaling to study antibacterial mechanisms of action, who also adopts antibiotic barcode screening using E. coli single-gene knock-out mutants with hypersensitivity to antibiotics as a fast readout covering known antibiotic mechanisms. Her researchplan will be using proteomic profiling to assess the antibiotic potential of some natural products (indigenous plants) with the ultimate goal of developing novel compounds for combating multi-resistant bacteria.
The mechanism of action of some indigenous plant extracts will be determined using Keio screening, which involves testing the gene profile and sensitivities of our target plant extracts and comparing their sensitivities to Keio Collection for increased susceptibility. This is donein parallel with proteomic signaling, an incorporation assay in antibacterial mechanism of action study which is useful in assaying for novel products from natural sources.This research is novel considering the depth of researches carried out on these plants hitherto.
Research Objectives include:
To elucidate bacterial response toward natural products
To determine the mechanism of action of multi-resistant bacteria using the proteomic technology.
To classify novel compounds with unknown mechanisms of action
To identify new combinational drug targets
To identify antibacterial activity ofnovel compounds from natural sources which will ultimately lead to discovery of novel compounds for combating multi-resistant bacteria.
The collaborative research is a start up for setting up future collaborations leading to further investigation of fractioned extracts for antibacterial activity, the isolation of active ingredients useful in drug formulation as well as establishing the mechanism of action of several plant extracts. The collaboration is vital in carrying out the bacterial proteomic profiling, a novel line in antibiotic research, anda future prospect for antibiotic drug discovery from natural products. It will also provide opportunities for efficient scientific and laboratory-based training in antibiotic kinetics through exposure to expert ideas andmethodologies.
Furthermore, the collaboration might lead to the much needed novel antibiotics for combating AIDS-related bacterial opportunisticpathogens now militating against thehighly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) in Nigeria. Results of this study will also help to redefine new combinational drug targets, as well as allow the design of more precise tests for the persistence of antibiotics in foods, water and livestock. Additionally, the collaboration will provide the expertise and material for the research, a very urgent venture in combating the long existing and distressful multi-drug resistance in Nigeria.
http://mail.unn.edu.ng

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by eggheaders(m): 11:40pm On Jun 05, 2013
NILORIN Law Faculty for US Moot competition
TWO students of the University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) will represent
Nigeria in this year’s edition of the Philip Jessup Moot Court
competition billed for Washington DC, United States between March
25 and April 1.
They are Hamid Abdulkareem, a final year student and Faith
Oluwatobi, a 400-Level undergraduate of the Law Faculty of the
university.
The duo are to be accompanied on the trip to the United States by Mr
Wahab Egbewole, Head of Department of Jurisprudence and
International Law, who will also serve as coach.
Recalling the performance of the university in previous competitions,
an official, Bolanle Richard-Bruce said the Faculty hosted the maiden
edition of the Philip C. Jessup National Rounds in Nigeria between
December 17 and 20, 2002. It said the Faculty emerged the second
overall winner at the competition.
She also recalled how the Faculty won the maiden Toyin Saraki Moot
Court competition hosted by the university in 2005.
"The University of Ilorin Moot Court Team over the years,
distinguished itself as unequalled in academic competitions among
Nigerian universities. This proud record is reflected in its
achievements in events both within and outside the country," she said.
Mrs Richard-Bruce listed some of the laurels won by the Faculty as
including the Teslim Elias Moot Court competition in Asaba (2005);
Chief Debo Akande Moot Court competition held in Lagos last year;
Taslim Elias Moot Court competition in Port Harcourt (2006) and Toyin
Saraki Moot Court competition hosted by the Faculty in 2005.
According to her, the Faculty won the Best Nigerian University award
at the African Human Rights Moot Court competition in Johannesburg,
South Africa in 2005 and the Best Nigerian University award at the
African Human Rights Moot Court competition, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia,
last year.
The Faculty produced the ninth and 10th overall Best Oralists at the
Addis-Ababa competition.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by chino24: 11:41pm On Jun 05, 2013
They sit on tyre, no wonder they don't win awards like their eastern counterpart.

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 05, 2013
Too many poorly educated kids on nairaland. Omg, I miss beaf.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jun 05, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Election Violence Fears: Politicians, CEOs Move Families Abroad / #UKElection2015: Jonathan Congratulates David Cameroon / President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.