Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,962 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov (19912 Views)

I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares / Jonathan Will Contest In 2015 – Edwin Clark / I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Desola(f): 11:37am On Jun 06, 2013
slimghost:

That's a blatant lie. We cant betray our own when we know he is competent and has a good chance of winning. The question is... Will APC leaders allow this?. Believe me, if APC can present Utomi, they would be sure of block votes from SE, guaranteed.

Let's not lose our heads here and focus on that which is possible. It seems to me that you are trying to circumvent a cogent argument by stressing on the nomination of Utomi as the APC's presidential candidate when you know that it is virtually impossible. Impossible because no where has it been said that Utomi is a member of APC and we must be cognisant of the fact that based on the rotational presidency we appear to practice, the bringing forward of another candidate from the South South is well, for lack of a better word - "dead on arrival". Nigerian people, especially the south would not fold their arms while watching another South Southerner being voted to take their slot.

With that cleared up, can we now focus on that which is possible and stop dancing around in the clouds?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by DerideGull(m): 11:38am On Jun 06, 2013
gbanikiti: Really, what has your own governor done? why don't you stick to your own state and leave Imo state alone? crying more than the bereaved! mtscheeew!

Berem,

We all know you are politically and socially in tank for Alhaji Rochas Okorocha. Please do not be blinded by cheap handouts and become irresponsibly apathetic to constructive criticism of goofy and classless governor of Imo State.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Okijajuju: 11:39am On Jun 06, 2013
Abagworo:

https://www.nairaland.com/1311168/5-most-promising-governors-nigeria/9

I am so sad that my job has pushed me to Lagosnow. I would have taken a weekend off and suggested we met in Owerri and do a state project tour so nobody can complain.

You keep posting that school.. In Rivers state, the Amaechi schools can be found in all the Local governments in Rivers State including those only accessible by water, meanwhile you keep reproducing one school built for over 2 years.. angry

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by fyneIjay(f): 11:39am On Jun 06, 2013
you are sick. Like seriously, you do not see any Igbo man fit to be in Aso Rock except the 'shoeless Fisherman' who does not even give a damn about Nigerians?
Okija juju: [b]Ndi Igbos should forget about 2015..

None of our houses are in order. Abia State has a person in the person if Theodora Orji..

Enugus Sullivan Chime would have been the best but he has been plagued with an illness for quite a while and thus his performance which was high took a dive.

Anambras Peter Obi seems to be ahead of the pack, but even I feel like he is just the one eyed leader in a race of blind men. Awka is a shithole and an embarrassment.

Ebonyi... I wonder what is going on in that state.

Imo State... Abeg, make we forget this matter.

We Ndi Igbos must restrategize now. The next elections would give us that chance. No more money politics. No more half assed measures. We need to vote for competence. We need real leaders. No Igbo state can boast of a quarter of the development states like Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Lagos has seen in the last 6 years. Go and see what Arab Contractors are building as Roads in IMO state Abd compare them to roads built in Rivers and Akwa Ibom. Enough of this crap. Obu na Ifele adighi Eme unu, o na Eme' Mua. No Igbo presidency until 2019. Al the people we have now do not qualify to be president. The time for change is 2014/2015 elections.. I don't want an Igbo president just for the fun of it, I want an Igbo president that I can beat my chest and tell the world that he made a real difference in the country.

Igbos! Say no to mediocrity..[/b]
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by BulG: 11:40am On Jun 06, 2013
[quote author=Sincere 9gerian] A clown will surround himself with clowns while someone who is competent will surround himself with competent people. A clown does not have the intelligence to identify competent people. I supported Rochas to defeat Ohakim, just the same way I supported GEJ in 2011. But so far, Rochas has been a very big disappointment. He's simply an embodiment of errors and comedy.[/quo
give your example.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by slimghost(m): 11:42am On Jun 06, 2013
Desola:

Let's not lose our heads here and focus on that which is possible. It seems to me that you are trying to circumvent a cogent argument by stressing on the nomination of Utomi as the APC's presidential candidate when you know that it is virtually impossible. Impossible because no where has it been said that Utomi is a member of APC and we must be cognisant of the fact that based on the rotational presidency we appear to practice, the bringing forward of another candidate from the South South is well, for lack of a better word - "dead on arrival". Nigerian people, especially the south would not fold their arms while watching another South Southerner being voted to take their slot.

With that cleared up, can we now focus on that which is possible and stop dancing around in the clouds?

And that would be? Truth is, APC wont even present a candidate of Igbo extraction so its safer for us to back GEJ come 2015 and wait for out turn in 2019. With GEJ in control of PDP, we can easily strike a bargain with him as per PDP presenting an Igbo candidate in 2019. Its a pity, its all about regional interest in Nigeria and i think my region will fare better under PDP. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by slimghost(m): 11:43am On Jun 06, 2013
DerideGull:

Berem,

We all know you are politically and socially in tank for Alhaji Rochas Okorocha. Please do not be blinded by cheap handouts and become irresponsibly apathetic to constructive criticism of goofy and classless governor of Imo State.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Desola(f): 11:45am On Jun 06, 2013
DerideGull:

Above poster is a typical example of what follows. Most Yoruba peeps are as good as chameleon. They claim to be first in everything yet dead last in all things. They could attempt to run away from themselves if it is humanly possible. It was not long ago the same loudmouthed halfwits castigated Ndigbo for massively voting for one of their sons into power. I remembered when these despicable cretins kicked OBJ to the political curb only be rescued by the astute sense of political approach by other southern Nigerians baring southwest region of Nigeria. Till date, no Yoruba has ever voted for Igbo person in any election in Nigeria period.

However, when it is time to reap where a person never sowed the loudmouthed ingrates remembered that OBJ was their son. As usual, the tribal and regional party called AD was sacrificed on the altar of tribal jingoism.

I am not a bit surprise the people known for their chameleonic idiosyncrasies are at it again. They are busy setting up goofy Nigerians with an association such as All Progressive Congress (APC) which every reasonable Nigeria knows may not become a political party.

Dede, I think you tried to say something there but your disability failed you. Nevermind, you can always try again.

I couldn't quite make out what your argument was. Whether it is that the Yorubas always vote their own and would never vote ibos or that we castigated you for voting jonathan. I know that my Yorubaness might be a contributory factor in my very slow ability on the uptake but I am rest assured that your astute ability to meander through a political discourse would undoubtedly set me on the right path.

Try again, please and i'll try harder to understand you this time as much as my intelligence would allow.

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Okijajuju: 11:45am On Jun 06, 2013
fyne_Ijay: you are sick. Like seriously, you do not see any Igbo man fit to be in Aso Rock except the 'shoeless Fisherman' who does not even give a damn about Nigerians?

I picked from our present pool of governors and YES!! None of the present sitting Igbo governors is fit for Aso Rock. Allow the Fisherman be and use his tenure to search for that one really worthy Igbo Son or Daughter that can make a change.

If you want an Igbo president just for the bragging rights, then I'm not with you.. But if you want one that we all can proudly say 'that Igbo man left an indelible mark in Nigerias history' then you would agree that we don't have such a man in the present crop of governors.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Abagworo(m): 11:46am On Jun 06, 2013
Okija juju:

I am so sad that my job has pushed me to Lagosnow. I would have taken a weekend off and suggested we met in Owerri and do a state project tour so nobody can complain.

You keep posting that school.. In Rivers state, the Amaechi schools can be found in all the Local governments in Rivers State including those only accessible by water, meanwhile you keep reproducing one school built for over 2 years.. angry

He has finished one but I've personally witnessed more than 30 under construction. Amaechi did not finish any school in 2 years. It took him 4 years to finish many and he's still doing some at the moment. Imo is not rich but Rochas is at per with rich States because he is not stealing. Show us one picture of school completed by any other Southeastern Governors who have stayed 6years.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by kaeto(m): 11:47am On Jun 06, 2013
Abagworo: Rochas has not come out in the open but I have this question for my Igbo brothers that were attacking Amaechi that he wants to contest VP. Are we going to give Rochas massive support if he declares?
GEJ will have our support in 2015 after which any of our own will be elected. You and I know Okorocha is being used by buhari and tinubu to split the SE votes to cut GEJ's wings come 2015, but their plans has backfired cos Igbos are wiser now grin
Abagworo: Rochas has not come out in the open but I have this question for my Igbo brothers that were attacking Amaechi that he wants to contest VP. Are we going to give Rochas massive support if he declares?
GEJ will have our support in 2015 after which any of our own will be elected. You and I know Okorocha is being used by buhari and tinubu to split the SE votes to cut GEJ's wings come 2015, but their plans has backfired cos Igbos are wiser now

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Delafruita(m): 11:52am On Jun 06, 2013
chino24:

In the case of Ojukwu, Igbos voted overwhelmingly for him. And he came 3rd in that election. The fact is that the votes of Igbos alone cannot make him president. He needs the votes of other regions, and you know that other regions is so fearful of Ikemba, they will do all that is necessary to cast him down.

Ojukwu was a true igbo son and selfless leader. Every Igboman can sacrifice anything for Ikemba.
you forget that the same ojukwu lost senatorial election just a few years after returning from exile
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Desola(f): 11:54am On Jun 06, 2013
kaeto: GEJ will have our support in 2015 after which any of our own will be elected. You and I know Okorocha is being used by buhari and tinubu to split the SE votes to cut GEJ's wings come 2015, but their plans has backfired cos Igbos are wiser now grin GEJ will have our support in 2015 after which any of our own will be elected. You and I know Okorocha is being used by buhari and tinubu to split the SE votes to cut GEJ's wings come 2015, but their plans has backfired cos Igbos are wiser now

I think you're jumping the gun. This news has not been verified by the APC yet and I sure do hope and I would like to believe that APC would not be stupid enough to take such idiotic step as it is a known fact that the ibos are far more patriotic to jonathan than the SSouthers are to him. It would be easier to pick a deltan to run against gej than to pick an ibo man. The ibos giving get a 98% support and their deafening silence during the fuel subsidy protest, I hope did not go unnoticed by the APC. It would be political suicide to put forward an ibo candidate. APc might as well consider itself dead if it does that.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by fyneIjay(f): 11:54am On Jun 06, 2013
Must the Igbo man worthy to be President come from the present pool of Governors?
What 'Indelible' marks is the current president leaving behind?
Is the Current Nigerian President not a Mediocre?
Or has sycophancy so much blinded you that you have to dwell in Hypocrisy.
Okija juju:

I picked from our present pool of governors and YES!! None of the present sitting Igbo governors is fit for Aso Rock. Allow the Fisherman be and use his tenure to search for that one really worthy Igbo Son or Daughter that can make a change.

If you want an Igbo president just for the bragging rights, then I'm not with you.. But if you want one that we all can proudly say 'that Igbo man left an indelible mark in Nigerias history' then you would agree that we don't have such a man in the present crop of governors.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by gbanikiti(m): 11:55am On Jun 06, 2013
DerideGull:

Berem,

Unfortunately, am not like you who castigates and say negative comments about Rochas because he has blocked all the routes in which you feed fat from the previous government. I have never seen Rochas since i was born. I don't belong to any political party and i don't intend to have anything to do with politics. Am just an ordinary Nigerian who says my mind on good or bad governance. If you think am a paid agent like you and your likes, you miss road! you have totally lost my respect on this forum. angry angry
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Abagworo(m): 11:56am On Jun 06, 2013
kaeto: GEJ will have our support in 2015 after which any of our own will be elected. You and I know Okorocha is being used by buhari and tinubu to split the SE votes to cut GEJ's wings come 2015, but their plans has backfired cos Igbos are wiser now grin GEJ will have our support in 2015 after which any of our own will be elected. You and I know Okorocha is being used by buhari and tinubu to split the SE votes to cut GEJ's wings come 2015, but their plans has backfired cos Igbos are wiser now

Most of you writing "our" should know that you do not represent the view of Igbos in general. Rochas is more competent than Jonathan as can be seen by his 2years in Imo State which grounds Jonathan's years as Governor and president. Look at East/West road between Port-Harcourt and Onne.

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by fyneIjay(f): 12:00pm On Jun 06, 2013
It is because of the 'independent mindedness' of Ndi Igbo that we normally say that "Igbo enweghi Eze".

SMH for the present crop youth.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Desola(f): 12:04pm On Jun 06, 2013
slimghost:

And that would be? Truth is, APC wont even present a candidate of Igbo extraction so its safer for us to back GEJ come 2015 and wait for out turn in 2019. With GEJ in control of PDP, we can easily strike a bargain with him as per PDP presenting an Igbo candidate in 2019. Its a pity, its all about regional interest in Nigeria and i think my region will fare better under PDP. Thanks

Seriously, you think you can actually strike a bargain with GEJ for him to put you forward for the next presidential election? Shall I give you a minute to think that over and perhaps re-write that sentence again?

I thought you conceded to us discussing real issues, factual discourse which are based on a balance of probability?

Except gej is able to pull a fast one like obj did with Yaradua but I doubt it very much as get is only brash but not bright. He always hastily and stupidly lays his decks on the table before others show their hands and is always outsmarted. Jonathan has tyrannical streaks but he is not very smart which is why he always ends up looking stupid and back tracking all the time. Cunningly, cleverly or systematically installing an ibo presidency would not only amount to the possible disposal of gej but would most probably be the end of Nigeria. The Hausa's would not stand for it and you know it. It is for them, once beaten, twice shy. Fool them once, shame on OBJ but fool them twice, shame on jonathan and good bye to peaceful co-existence.

Biafra would have to be reformed before an ibo president can emerge in 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by OdionOdion: 12:05pm On Jun 06, 2013
payless:

Igbos are in competition with themselves. The problem is that most Igbos politicians want to be first Igbo president. I have said it in some of my threads that Rochas deserves to be President. Ken Nnamani and Chime are also competent Igbos to lead this country. I am Yoruba by the way.
SO YOU ARE AN IMPOSTOR? Hmmm
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by PointB: 12:05pm On Jun 06, 2013
slimghost:

In many ways. 1.How can a man run to Kano and plead with Igbos to stay back and be slaughtered just to impress his hausa brothers? Well meaning leaders like Obi and Uwazurike were sending buses to convey umuigbo back home and this clown was busy playing politics.
2. When APC was about to be formed,their leaders reached out to the leaderships of CPC,ACN and ANPP and didn't bother coming to confer with Igbo leaders. Yet the clown called Rochas ran to join the association claiming to represent APGA.
3. Have you ever seen a Muslim Governor erecting Churches in his states? huh?

Embarrassingly, We are still playing regional politics in Nigeria and i will root for anybody, be it a yoruba man or an Hausa who defends and fights for my people's interest.

1. Igbos were not the only one 'slaughtered' in Kano (indeed the North). At some point the attacks were randoms; we bear the brunt more obviously mainly because we are ubiquitous. Besides, Igbos who stay in the North opt to stay there, we can't force everyone to come home.

2. There is no way you can be certain of that. In any case, politics is two way thing. Either you are reached or you reach out. Much as I personally don't like APC, I am willing to give them a benefit of the doubt if the field a SE President. So should most Igbos.

Rochas has always been passionate about serving, why should we be the one resisting him. I am ashamed at some of the comments here.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by mike404(m): 12:07pm On Jun 06, 2013
Roaches okorocha Well lemme think about it brb
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by DerideGull(m): 12:08pm On Jun 06, 2013
Desola:

Dede, I think you tried to say something there but your disability failed you. Nevermind, you can always try again.

I couldn't quite make out what your argument was. Whether it is that the Yorubas always vote their own and would never vote ibos or that we castigated you for voting jonathan. I know that my Yorubaness might be a contributory factor in my very slow ability on the uptake but I am rest assured that your astute ability to meander through a political discourse would undoubtedly set me on the right path.

Try again, please and i'll try harder to understand you this time as much as my intelligence would allow.

I know you are very slow on intellectual exercise but very quick to certain human endeavors. It is understandable you chose to adopt a weird lifestyle. In your previous post, you attempted to rope Ndigbo into the bad picture of hating anything Yoruba including the political party allegedly formed by Yoruba.

Yet you classically forgot Yoruba castigated Ndigbo for voting OBJ, a Yoruba son, into power when the so-called Yoruba kicked OBJ to the curb. How do you correlate the fact Igbo voted a Yoruba son into power and aforementioned hatred Ndigbo had for anything Yoruba?

By the same token, Yoruba people have never and will never vote for any Igbo person in any election in Nigeria. I guess stupidity can longer be acceptable excuse in Nigerian polity.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by slimghost(m): 12:08pm On Jun 06, 2013
Desola:

Seriously, you think you can actually strike a bargain with GEJ for him to put you forward for the next presidential election? Shall I give you a minute to think that over and perhaps re-write that sentence again?

I thought you conceded to us discussing real issues, factual discourse which are based on a balance of probability?

Except gej is able to pull a fast one like obj did with Yaradua but I doubt it very much as get is only brash but not bright. He always hastily and stupidly lays his decks on the table before others show their hands and is always outsmarted. Deck has tyrannical streaks but he is not very smart which is why he always ends up looking stupid and back tracking all the time. Cunningly, cleverly or systematically installing an ibo presidency would not only amount to the possible disposal of gej but would most probably be the end of Nigeria. The Hausa's would not stand for it and you know it. It is for them, once beaten, twice shy. Fool them once, shame on OBJ but fool them twice, shame on jonathan and good bye to peaceful co-existence.

For real. A rude awakening awaits you come 2019. As long as PDP presents an Igbo candidate come 2019, its over. We have waited for it patiently and now that we can feel it, no amount of threat,propaganda,blackmail or sabotage can stop us. That's why APC is a BIG NO NO for IGBOS. We can do without the Northerners block votes as long as we can pull up to 25percent in those states with block votes from SS and the middle belt. I hope you now see why backing GEJ is the best thing for us as per our political survival. Thanks
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Desola(f): 12:13pm On Jun 06, 2013
DerideGull:

I know you are very slow on intellectual exercise but very quick to certain human endeavors. It is understandable you chose to adopt a weird lifestyle. In your previous post, you attempted to rope Ndigbo into the bad picture of hating anything Yoruba including the political party allegedly formed by Yoruba.

Yet you classically forgot Yoruba castigated Ndigbo for voting OBJ, a Yoruba son, into power when the so-called Yoruba kicked OBJ to the curb. How do you correlate the fact Igbo voted a Yoruba son into power and aforementioned hatred Ndigbo had for anything Yoruba?

By the same token, Yoruba people have never and will never vote for any Igbo person in any election in Nigeria. I guess stupidity can longer be acceptable excuse in Nigerian polity.

You're getting there. I like that you summarily learnt to divide your points by the use of paragraphs, well done. You should be proud.

As per your claim that Yorubas castigated the ibos for voting OBJ, I must say that this is news to me and if your royal bullshitness wouldn't mind, may I indulge in your bad naturedness to provide me with a link or excerpt of where Yorubas made such claims? Thanking you in advance.

Also, you asserted that Yorubas would not vote ibos. Well, I cannot speak for the Yoruba race but what I as an individual can confirm is that I would vote a Northerner first before I would take a third look at an ibo person regardless of merit. Now, call me a tribalistic fool and i'll reply: "yes, yes, the cap fits".

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by slimghost(m): 12:16pm On Jun 06, 2013
PointB:

1. Igbos were not the only one 'slaughtered' in Kano (indeed the North). At some point the attacks were randoms; we bear the brunt more obviously mainly because we are ubiquitous. Besides, Igbos who stay in the North opt to stay there, we can't force everyone to come home.

2. There is no way you can be certain of that. In any case, politics is two way thing. Either you are reached or you reach out. Much as I personally don't like APC, I am willing to give them a benefit of the doubt if the field a SE President. So should most Igbos.

Rochas has always been passionate about serving, why should we be the one resisting him. I am ashamed at some of the comments here.

On your first point, that's arrant nonsense. SO because we weren't the only ones killed there, our leaders should have allowed it to continue? What nonsense?. Rochas goofed big time on that and many igbos are yet to forget that.
Personally, i agree with you on the second point although i don't see that happening.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:17pm On Jun 06, 2013
Abagworo: Rochas is the brightest Igbo leader today and some people are jealous of that. But why?

Its an insult to the Igbo intelligecia for you to say that Rochas is the brightest Igbo man of today....You are a complete dullard!
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Abagworo(m): 12:18pm On Jun 06, 2013
I need a link to what Rochas said in Kano.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Desola(f): 12:18pm On Jun 06, 2013
slimghost:

For real. A rude awakening awaits you come 2019. As long as PDP presents an Igbo candidate come 2019, its over. We have waited for it patiently and now that we can feel it, no amount of threat,propaganda,blackmail or sabotage can stop us. That's why APC is a BIG NO NO for IGBOS. We can do without the Northerners block votes as long as we can pull up to 25percent in those states with block votes from SS and the middle belt. I hope you now see why backing GEJ is the best thing for us as per our political survival. Thanks

Ok, Ok, I see your point.

You would obviously give your ibo candidate 100% vote, the SS would reciprocate the gesture as you did for gej in 2011 (based on the lasting relationship that has endured between these two regions(sarcasm))with 100% votes and the middle belts who are aggrieved by the north would tow the line just as they did during the civil war.

Why didn't you just warn me that I was having a discourse with the dimmest bulb in the room? You could have saved me a lot of finger exercise this morning.

Thanks for nothing!

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Biafradiplomat: 12:19pm On Jun 06, 2013
Though I honestly do not believe that GEJ has performed badly, but all the sale I Will support Rochas to become the président come 2015 for the following reasons; 1.Rochas will be a good president, at least going his great works in Imo state.
2. It will reduce tension from the northern feudal elite.
3. It will give the igbos a sense of belonging in the Nigerian polity.
If I am a part of the APC eggheads, I will support Rochas as presidential flag bearer of the party along with a strong northerner as vice, probably Tambuwal or Sule Lamido. By so doing, they will be able to garner massive votes from the NW, SW, NE and SE, which would see them trouncing the pdp but anything short of that would mean a continuation of pdp in aso rock.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Soso990240(m): 12:21pm On Jun 06, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
See, its not about supporting an Igbo candidate just for the sake of it. I dont know about you but I desire a better Nigeria. I dont see a Rochas making Nigeria better. I've listed names of other Igbo politicians that would fair better. Except we want an Igbo man to contribute his share to the destruction of Nigeria. If that's what we want, then any Igbo politician will do.
mr man sharap.are u sayin dat Chime and Ken nnamani are beta than Rochas? U ar insane.u from enugu state,dats why u ar supportin ur state politicians.mention the projects chime completed in 6years,and i will mention the projects rochas completed in 2years.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by slimghost(m): 12:21pm On Jun 06, 2013
Desola:

Ok, Ok, I see your point.

You would obviously give your ibo candidate 100% vote, the SS would reciprocate the gesture as you did for gej in 2011 (based on the lasting relationship that has endured between these two regions(sarcasm))with 100% votes and the middle belts who are aggrieved by the north would tow the line just as they did during the civil war.

Why didn't you just warn me that I was having a discourse with the dimmest bulb in the room? You could have saved me a lot of finger exercise this morning.

Thanks for nothing!

Now i know why someone posted this about you "I know you are very slow on intellectual exercise but very quick to certain human endeavors".

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Abagworo(m): 12:22pm On Jun 06, 2013
Kano Bus Blast Not Aimed at Igbos Alone – APGA

Igbos in all parts of the country have been advised not to engage in any act that could result to a reprisal attack as revenge to last Monday's bus bomb blast in Kano in which dozens of people including Igbo traders were killed.

Chairman of Imo State chapter of All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA), Prince Marshal Okafor Anyanwu, declared in Owerri yesterday that the attack was not aimed at Igbos in the state, adding if there could be reprisal attacks, it could lead to killing of wrong people.

On calls for Igbos to return home, the APGA chieftain said the Nigerian system was not structured in same way with foreign countries where the Federal Government began to take care of their citizens after 18 years.

He said the possibility of Igbos returning homes due to incessant killings in the north might not be there because a lot of people do not have anything they might fall back upon if they return home.

Describing the people behind the attack as barbaric and inhuman, he said the perpetrators are faceless unlike in the case of jihad war where the people are seen and could be traced to where they come from.

Meanwhile, Chief of Army Staff Lt Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika on Wednesday urged Igbos to remain calm even in the face of the recent provocation.

Represented by General Officer Commanding (GOC) 82 Division of the Nigerian Army, Enugu, Major-General Ashimiyu Olaniyi, the chief of army staff, assured Nigerians that the Nigerian Army in collaboration with other security agencies would continue to make concerted efforts to fish out perpetrators of the attack.

{read_more}

He said some arrests had already been made after the incident and through interrogations efforts would hopefully be made to unveil and track down the actual culprits behind the mask.

Addressing Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo leaders in the state, the chief of army staff also sued for peace in the southeast, saying the Nigerian Army is on top of the security challenges.

Leader of the Hausa community in Onitsha, Alhaji Iliyasu Yushau, and his Yoruba counterpart Alhaji Abdulrahman Zubairu, noted that since Boko Haram members do not spare tribe or religion, the war against terrorism should be fought against the bombers and not Hausas versus Igbo or Yorubas.

http://m.naij.com/news/28281.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Segun Mayegun: Kingibe Betrayed Abiola. Remove His Name From The Honor's List / Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) / Wike: I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If PDP Zones Ticket To The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.