Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,104 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov (19913 Views)

I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares / Jonathan Will Contest In 2015 – Edwin Clark / I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by slimghost(m): 12:22pm On Jun 06, 2013
Abagworo: I need a link to what Rochas said in Kano.

Google it yourself.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by gbanikiti(m): 12:24pm On Jun 06, 2013
Abagworo: I need a link to what Rochas said in Kano.
I also need the link to that statement if really he said it.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Desola(f): 12:25pm On Jun 06, 2013
slimghost:

Now i know why someone posted this about you "I know you are very slow on intellectual exercise but very quick to certain human endeavors".

if it took you that long to come to any realisation, then my deduction of you being the dimmest bulb was a stroke of genius.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by PointB: 12:27pm On Jun 06, 2013
slimghost:

On your first point, that's arrant nonsense. SO because we weren't the only ones killed there, our leaders should have allowed it to continue? What nonsense?. Rochas goofed big time on that and many igbos are yet to forget that.
Personally, i agree with you on the second point although i don't see that happening.

Describe it any how you like. Rochas is not responsible for the death of Igbos in the North. How many times have they been told to come home? Besides, what power does Rochas, or any SE governor has to stop the boko haram madness. You may think that he goofed, but most Igbos will remember him as the only SE Governor who actually care to check on Igbos in the North during that period.

In anycase, what I still don't get is: Why we must support GEJ when Rochas is contesting as president? Is is that GEJ is a better all round person leader than Rochas? Or we should simply pass this chance and wait until 2015 for some 'messianic' Igbo leader?
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Abagworo(m): 12:27pm On Jun 06, 2013
slimghost:

Google it yourself.

There's no such statement from Rochas. You people are wicked and full of lies and blackmail.

This is the only source and the links are fake.

https://www.nairaland.com/856221/igbo-killing-kano-false-okorocha

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by gbanikiti(m): 12:27pm On Jun 06, 2013
slimghost:

Google it yourself.
Google what? you have been the one spreading the rumour on this forum that he said blah blah blah..... yet you can't provide the source?
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by slimghost(m): 12:27pm On Jun 06, 2013
gbanikiti: I also need the link to that statement if really he said it.

Ohaneze were busy doing this

n the aftermath of the January 20 bomb attacks that rocked the commercial city of Kano when militants of Boko Haram sect struck, a total of 500,000 Igbo in the state are known to have been evacuated to their respective country homes in the South-East.

This was confirmed at the weekend by the Kano State chairman of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Tobias Idika, who also revealed that the exercise was continuous.

He told our correspondent in a chat that so far, the figure represents mostly women and children who were traumatised by the devastating Boko Haram attack

According to Idika, over 300,000 of the 500,000 evacuees were handled by Ohanaeze through the Igbo Elders Forum, adding that they dispatched six for the operation.

The remaining 200,000 he said, sponsored their respective movements at different times during the crisis, adding that the exercise was very successful.
He recalled how hundreds of women and children eager to flee the troubled states following the bomb blasts slept on bare floors at the Ohanaeze secretariat in Kano for over a week waiting to be evacuated.

“We remain grateful to the Igbo Elders Forum for this wonderful support and Ndigbo in Kano especially, the beneficiaries have also sent their gratitude to the Forum, for coming to their aid at the time of need.

Idika said at the moment, the evacuation exercise has been suspended to enable them evaluate the situation which outcome will decide the next step to take.

While Rochas was busy doing this

Kano — The Imo State Governor Chief Rochas Okorocha has said that all the phone calls and text messages sent to the East that Igbo indigenes living in Kano were massacred in Kano during the last Friday series of bomb blasts were false and baseless rumors that have no basis.

Okorocha told Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso that he was personally disturbed at the rate of phone calls and text messages that were sent to the east that many soles of Igbo people were killed in the multiple bomb blasts of Kano which necessitated his visit to see for himself.

The Imo governor noted that on his arrival he went to Sabon Gari where many of his people live, ' but after going round and meeting with virtually everybody all of them denied that the story of killings of Igbo people were cooked for unknown reason, as such they are baseless and unfounded'.

He said already he had directed that all those that have started running away to stay behind as there was no basis for their leaving Kano, as the government of Kwankwaso is doing all it could to ensure the safety of all the non indigenes and the teeming people of the state.

He said that Igbo's were assets not only to themselves to the nation wherever they go.

"Igbos are never a threat to anybody because what concerns an Igbo man is his business, that is why they should be seen as brothers not enemies', he said.

He said Nigeria is facing a more fundamental and challenging period that requires all its citizenry to come together and solve them, he said they must see themselves as their brothers' keepers not enemies as some want to see them.

He urged the federal government to provide more security to Kano because of its population and cosmopolitan nature, just as he urged Kwankwaso to give more priority in times of security to areas like Sabon Gari so that non indigenes should feel safe and at home.

He assured that Nigeria would come out with a more brighter future from the challenges they are facing, '"but this does not mean we should fold our arms and leave the evil ones among us to continue to control our lives, we have to do something to stop them."
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Abagworo(m): 12:29pm On Jun 06, 2013
slimghost:

Ohaneze were busy doing this

n the aftermath of the January 20 bomb attacks that rocked the commercial city of Kano when militants of Boko Haram sect struck, a total of 500,000 Igbo in the state are known to have been evacuated to their respective country homes in the South-East.

This was confirmed at the weekend by the Kano State chairman of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Tobias Idika, who also revealed that the exercise was continuous.

He told our correspondent in a chat that so far, the figure represents mostly women and children who were traumatised by the devastating Boko Haram attack

According to Idika, over 300,000 of the 500,000 evacuees were handled by Ohanaeze through the Igbo Elders Forum, adding that they dispatched six for the operation.

The remaining 200,000 he said, sponsored their respective movements at different times during the crisis, adding that the exercise was very successful.
He recalled how hundreds of women and children eager to flee the troubled states following the bomb blasts slept on bare floors at the Ohanaeze secretariat in Kano for over a week waiting to be evacuated.

“We remain grateful to the Igbo Elders Forum for this wonderful support and Ndigbo in Kano especially, the beneficiaries have also sent their gratitude to the Forum, for coming to their aid at the time of need.

Idika said at the moment, the evacuation exercise has been suspended to enable them evaluate the situation which outcome will decide the next step to take.

While Rochas was busy doing this

Kano — The Imo State Governor Chief Rochas Okorocha has said that all the phone calls and text messages sent to the East that Igbo indigenes living in Kano were massacred in Kano during the last Friday series of bomb blasts were false and baseless rumors that have no basis.

Okorocha told Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso that he was personally disturbed at the rate of phone calls and text messages that were sent to the east that many soles of Igbo people were killed in the multiple bomb blasts of Kano which necessitated his visit to see for himself.

The Imo governor noted that on his arrival he went to Sabon Gari where many of his people live, ' but after going round and meeting with virtually everybody all of them denied that the story of killings of Igbo people were cooked for unknown reason, as such they are baseless and unfounded'.

He said already he had directed that all those that have started running away to stay behind as there was no basis for their leaving Kano, as the government of Kwankwaso is doing all it could to ensure the safety of all the non indigenes and the teeming people of the state.

He said that Igbo's were assets not only to themselves to the nation wherever they go.

"Igbos are never a threat to anybody because what concerns an Igbo man is his business, that is why they should be seen as brothers not enemies', he said.

He said Nigeria is facing a more fundamental and challenging period that requires all its citizenry to come together and solve them, he said they must see themselves as their brothers' keepers not enemies as some want to see them.

He urged the federal government to provide more security to Kano because of its population and cosmopolitan nature, just as he urged Kwankwaso to give more priority in times of security to areas like Sabon Gari so that non indigenes should feel safe and at home.

He assured that Nigeria would come out with a more brighter future from the challenges they are facing, '"but this does not mean we should fold our arms and leave the evil ones among us to continue to control our lives, we have to do something to stop them."

Where's the link you liar?
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by 9jaIhail(m): 12:32pm On Jun 06, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: God forbid Rochas as president of Nigeria. I would rather support Nuhu Ribadu, Fashola, Oshiomole, Okonjo Iweala, Charles Soludo, Oby Ezekwesili, Donald Duke, Namadi Sambo, Peter Obi, Dora Akunyili, etc than support Rochas. Rochas is a complete clown. Forget his verbal diarrhea. If by accident he happens to be elected president of Nigeria, he'll DESTROY this country. His madness should start and end at the state govt level.

@Sincere9geria, In as much as i love your ways of analyzing issues but on this i beg to disagree with you. How can a sane man like you kick against the idea of Rochas becoming president, can you point out reasons why GEJ is better than Rochas?

What every concerned igbo is saying is, we are not interested in VP position. Though i am one of those who criticized Rochas when he joined unregistered APC and my position haven't changed yet, reason because Igbos were not consulted during the formation of the party (APC)for that reason Rochas and other igbos who forced themselves into that party without been consulted has no say in the party. Secondly, the means Rochas entered the APC raised a lot of questions among igbos, he created controversy in APGA which happened to be our regionally party. However, all these won't be enough reason for any sane igbo to support GEJ over Rochas.

Sincere9ria,Chino,Okija juju and slimghost, you guys are not trying at all. Rochas is one of the best Governor in Nigeria today. You all should advice yourselves and drop this nonsensical political supremacy mentality some of you anambras used to show to other Eastern states.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Abagworo(m): 12:32pm On Jun 06, 2013
I'm still waiting for the link.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Soso990240(m): 12:37pm On Jun 06, 2013
chino24:

Maybe you have comprehension problem, is it the free substandard education or what?

I meant that he was fathered by a northerner? It has been verified. Is it clear now?.
are u ok? Were u a goat in ur former life?who verified dat his father is an hausa man? U jobles guys like carryin fake news..4uk off.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by hubreality(m): 12:38pm On Jun 06, 2013
chino24:

Apart from few imo state people, rest of the SE hates that clown with passion. Maybe you don't know the reasons??

Keep dreaming. grin

Speak for yourself as you're not Imo people, SE, nor Igbos mouthpiece...It is only a blind and lame clown that will hate Rochas Okorocha in this life. grin
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by slimghost(m): 12:38pm On Jun 06, 2013
Abagworo:

Where's the link you liar?

http://www.9jabook.com/forum/topics/igbo-killings-in-kano-is-false-gov-rochas-okorocha-amina-namadi-s

Here is the link you bloody sycophant. Shame on you a thousand times.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by PointB: 12:38pm On Jun 06, 2013

He was in Kano; and had meeting with many in Sabo Gari. Perhaps couldn't meet everyone personally, but he did make an attempt. Question is, how many other Igbo leaders did this at that time?

That's is right call for a leader. Even if he ask them to leave. They won't leave, at least not all of them.

Who would fault this well articulated thoughts?
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by gbanikiti(m): 12:39pm On Jun 06, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Sincere9ria,Chino,Okija juju and slimghost, you guys are not trying at all. Rochas is one of the best Governor in Nigeria today. You all should advice yourselves and drop this nonsensical political supremacy mentality some of you anambras used to show to other Eastern states.
hmmm.... this is exactly where the problem lies! Anambra supremacy. smfdh!
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by slimghost(m): 12:40pm On Jun 06, 2013
Abagworo: I'm still waiting for the link.

http://www.facebook.com/AnyimPiusAnyim/posts/241781952566378

See Igbos bashing the clown.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Abagworo(m): 12:40pm On Jun 06, 2013
slimghost:

http://www.9jabook.com/forum/topics/igbo-killings-in-kano-is-false-gov-rochas-okorocha-amina-namadi-s

All the links are fake. 9jabook is not an authorized media house. They claimed it was from dailychampion but no such thing exists.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by gbanikiti(m): 12:41pm On Jun 06, 2013
slimghost:

Is there anything wrong with what he said?
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by slimghost(m): 12:42pm On Jun 06, 2013
PointB:

He was in Kano; and had meeting with many in Sabo Gari. Perhaps couldn't meet everyone personally, but he did make an attempt. Question is, how many other Igbo leaders did this at that time?

That's is right call for a leader. Even if he ask them to leave. They won't leave, at least not all of them.

Who would fault this well articulated thoughts?

Am done giving you attention.Believe whatever you want to but when the time comes, we Igbos will talk to Rochas. Keep on deceiving yourself.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Abagworo(m): 12:42pm On Jun 06, 2013
Many people were commenting without verification. If not that I decided to verify, I would have believed same. Shame on all those that drafted this falsehood and spread on social media.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by slimghost(m): 12:45pm On Jun 06, 2013
gbanikiti: Is there anything wrong with what he said?

Nothing is wrong with what he said my dear. Absolutely nothing. I have provided you with the link, so its left for you and your conscience alone to read whatever meaning u desire out of it.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by PointB: 12:46pm On Jun 06, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

@Sincere9geria, In as much as i love your ways of analyzing issues but on this i beg to disagree with you. How can a sane man like you kick against the idea of Rochas becoming president, can you point out reasons why GEJ is better than Rochas?

What every concerned igbo is saying is, we are not interested in VP position. Though i am one of those who criticized Rochas when he joined unregistered APC and my position haven't changed yet, reason because Igbos were not consulted during the formation of the party (APC)for that reason Rochas and other igbos who forced themselves into that party without been consulted has no say in the party. Secondly, the means Rochas entered the APC raised a lot of questions among igbos, he created controversy in APGA which happened to be our regionally party. However, all these won't be enough reason for any sane igbo to support GEJ over Rochas.

My brother, kudos for adding to your voice to this. I don't also like the way and manner Rochas treated APGA, but if he lands the APC Presidential ticket why should we begrudge him his price? I don't know why we should wait for 2019 for a president of SE extraction, when Rochas is available, willing, and able. I think those kicking against Rochas as President have ulterior motives.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by slimghost(m): 12:47pm On Jun 06, 2013
Abagworo: Many people were commenting without verification. If not that I decided to verify, I would have believed same. Shame on all those that drafted this falsehood and spread on social media.

http://www.imostateblog.com/2012/01/27/bombshell-killings-of-igbo-people-were-cooked-for-unknown-reason-as-such-they-are-baseless-and-unfounded-governor-okorocha/

And this is fake too? you are an irredeemable sycophant. Quote me anyday.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Abagworo(m): 12:48pm On Jun 06, 2013
slimghost:

http://www.imostateblog.com/2012/01/27/bombshell-killings-of-igbo-people-were-cooked-for-unknown-reason-as-such-they-are-baseless-and-unfounded-governor-okorocha/

And this is fake too? you are an irredeemable sycophant. Quote me anyday.

That is still a social media. I can go on imostateblog.com and create my own news.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by PointB: 12:50pm On Jun 06, 2013
slimghost:

Am done giving you attention.Believe whatever you want to but when the time comes, we Igbos will talk to Rochas. Keep on deceiving yourself.

My guy quit prancing around. It's a greater betrayal to hang Rochas to dry for foolish pride! We true Igbo will need no prompting to drop GEJ for Rochas, a better all round leader, when the time come. Blood is always thicker than water!
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by huptin(m): 12:52pm On Jun 06, 2013
chino24: God forbid, we Igbos supporting an hausa man masquerading as an Igboman. Sacrilegious.

TUFIAKWA!!!!!!!

This is highest level of bigotry i have ever witnessed, you cant even vote for a fellow igbo because he lived in the north and you want nigerian to have an igbo president? Thats instructive, very instructive.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by DerideGull(m): 12:53pm On Jun 06, 2013
gbanikiti: Unfortunately, am not like you who castigates and say negative comments about Rochas because he has blocked all the routes in which you feed fat from the previous government. I have never seen Rochas since i was born. I don't belong to any political party and i don't intend to have anything to do with politics. Am just an ordinary Nigerian who says my mind on good or bad governance. If you think am a paid agent like you and your likes, you miss road! you have totally lost my respect on this forum. angry angry

I am sure you are seriously delusional. Who gives a hoot about your respect or lack thereof? I did not navigate to nairaland forum in order to haul respects but to help dispel rumors, innuendos and propaganda deliberately planted in the Nigeria news media against Ndigbo.

As for Ohakim or silly Rochas Okorocha, I have not received any cent from a Nigerian leader talk less classless governors from Imo State. There is nothing in Okorocha’s possession that I need, not even the governorship of Imo State. I have everything a successful human being can think and thankful to creator for such feat.

Unlike you and ilk, Okorocha, I shall not leave my business entity on a run for a useless presidency of the jungle called Nigeria. I had wakeup from a bad dream if called to lead Nigeria.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by PointB: 12:53pm On Jun 06, 2013
Personally, I would like to see Rochas/Ribadu combo!

Double R! Double Respect!
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by 9jaIhail(m): 12:55pm On Jun 06, 2013
Abagworo: Many people were commenting without verification. If not that I decided to verify, I would have believed same. Shame on all those that drafted this falsehood and spread on social media.

Are you saying Rochas didn't make the comment Slimghost accused him of? The fact is that Rochas is too desperate, mind you he is my Governor and i love him but i never failed to call him out whenever he displayed he's political desperation.

Rochas made that statement and many igbo leaders faulted him for uttering such statement. Like i said before Rochas has his short comings likewise everyone of us hence we igbos MUST support him more than we did for GEJ. Sincere9ria, i am calling on you to channel your campaign energy to Rochas and sell him to Nigerians only if him Rochas formerly declared interest to contest rather than supporting GEJ against our own.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by slimghost(m): 12:56pm On Jun 06, 2013
PointB:

My guy quit prancing around. It's a greater betrayal to hang Rochas to dry for foolish pride! We true Igbo will need no prompting to drop GEJ for Rochas, a better all round leader, when the time come. Blood is always thicker than water!
And in your warped mind you think this is a GEJ vs Rochas case? My guy, its Rochas vs Igbos. If APC presents him as their candidate, I can easily forgive all his atrocities and stand behind him but if not, woe betide him for allowing his brothers use him to gain political power. Its a politics of regional interest and my region comes first. Rochas needs to understand that too.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by Abagworo(m): 12:57pm On Jun 06, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Are you saying Rochas didn't make the comment Slimghost accused him of? The fact is that Rochas is too desperate, mind you he is my Governor and i love him but i never failed to call him out whenever he displayed he's political desperation.

Rochas made that statement and many igbo leaders faulted him for uttering such statement. Like i said before Rochas has his short comings likewise everyone of us hence we igbos MUST support him more than we did for GEJ. Sincere9ria, i am calling on you to channel your campaign energy to Rochas and sell him to Nigerians only if him Rochas formerly declared interest to contest rather than supporting GEJ against our own.

But there's no evidence that he made the statement. All the links credited to the statement are social media. I can go on facebook, twitter, Linda, nairaland etc and draft falsehood with a fake link and people will start arguing without verification until it gains popularity.
Re: Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov by lordmayor4(m): 12:59pm On Jun 06, 2013
If you are a true Biafran and you studied professional journalism or if you are a social commentator, please send your application to Radio Biafra at: contact@radiobi afralondon.com or call +44 7831308376. Thank you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Man Treks From Lagos To Lokoja For Yahaya Bello (Photo) / Why “Buhari: Beyond The Iron And Steel” Documentary Is Being Aired- Femi Adesina / Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.