Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,376 members, 7,861,038 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:48 PM

Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! - Foreign Affairs (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! (44144 Views)

Disney To Boycott Georgia Over Gay Marriage Bill / Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! / Ladies Boycott Every News Network, Demand Handsome Anchors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (30) (Go Down)

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Mpele(m): 11:00am On May 22, 2008
Malaika this is so funny!LOL! What the picture is saying that even animals can now sense if someone is not South African hahahahahaha! I'm sorry guys but this is just so funny. The guy is running for dear life damn. On a serious note I hope that the poor guy managed to evade the hippo.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by SENATORJD(m): 11:03am On May 22, 2008
so what no more weapons to use animals are now the next best?LOL its getting crazier each day
@rassputin hey how u dey?,where have u been?
Mpele:

I want this continent to work, I believe in this continent, as long as we can do away with xenophobia and tribalism we'll go far. People like Mugabe, Gaddaffi and all those African leaders must learn to relinquish power without bloodshed. Just do what Mandela did.
a good percentage of African leaders are just power drunk
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Mpele(m): 11:06am On May 22, 2008
This is how it started, the poor guy was apparently illegaly jumping the border, from Zimbabwe into South Africa

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by JUNIT1(m): 11:09am On May 22, 2008
The media always has to  make things seem worse than they already are, this situation is not that bad, i am a student in this country and i can personally testify that i havent seen any sort of this behaviour, i don't know why this day and other news papers have to publish non factual reports, actually the main people been chased are zimbabweans and not nigerians, despite that i am not in support with the situation, i am just saying that the media are hyping up this situation unnecessarily.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by PandN(f): 11:09am On May 22, 2008
@ Mpele, please some of your statements are ill informed!
“The very same people who were oppressed and had dogs set uppon them are now tired of the black government. Our standard of living has dramatically reduced. The Crime rate is high. This is not about race we can still have a white government that will take care of our needs.”

Which standard of living? Please Mpele, be a bit realistic here. I was born during the era of Apartheid (when Namibia was still part of SA) and by virtue of the fact that I am black, I grew up in a township in a two bedroom house, with a pit latrine toilet outside the house. These were standard houses for the black people, regardless of what your profession was. Not even to talk of profession as during Apartheid, Blacks had a different educational system – BANTU education, which didn’t even permit black people to study Mathematics. In those days, Standard 6 (Grade cool was considered to be the highest achievement for a black person, you were considered lucky if you go up to Standard 8 (Grade). And all this happened during the white government. I know people like you (with mixed background) where somehow favoured by the Apartheid government, which is why you will never fully understand the plight of us ‘blacks that grew up in the townships’. So please before you come here to make such statements – study your history very very well!!!
Mpele a question for you, what makes you think that ‘white government’ will take care of ‘our’ needs, I ask?
Crime rate is high?? Have you ever sat down to think through on why the crime rate is high is SA??
Obviously some policies of the ANC government have failed – especially towards the very poor. However, some of their policies have equally succeeded in increasing the middle class – the so called black diamonds. But failed policies should not be the space goat for calling for a ‘white government’. Colonial mentality at its best – ‘all white is good rubbish’.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by rasputinn(m): 11:14am On May 22, 2008
Senator,I'm okay jare
Just perplexed that some people,animals(?)will come to this thread to write thrash to seek to justify the wanton termination of other peoples lives
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by rasputinn(m): 11:28am On May 22, 2008
J UNIT:

The media always has to  make things seem worse than they already are, this situation is not that bad, i am a student in this country and i can personally testify that i havent seen any sort of this behaviour, i don't know why this day and other news papers have to publish non factual reports, actually the main people been chased are zimbabweans and not nigerians, despite that i am not in support with the situation, i am just saying that the media are hyping up this situation unnecessarily.

J Unit,you are my brother from you know where,but I will not sit back and watch you mis yarn
You are schooling in SA,so if the incident did not happen on your campus does not mean that it did not happen @ all.
I don't live in SA,I only go there for business
However,I watched people being beaten with iron rods,cutlasses and the rest on BBC and Al Jazeera
It was the most shocking scene I've watched in recent times.

Now what did you mean by saying,the main people being chased are zimbabweans(have you carefully gone to the streets and morgues,and not from the safety of your campus)to ascertain that no single Nigerian was killed or MADE TO FLEE FROM HIS HOME
Even if that were to be possible,are you saying it will be okay if all the people killed by those bastardic kaffirs are ONLY  Zimbabweans?
Since when did one life become more important than the other,and in whose eyes?

During the apartheid era,if the world in general and Nigeria in particular were to say "well it's only the black south africans that are being chased"and not my countrymen,so it's not a problem,would those idiots have been free today to be taking other peoples lives?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by SENATORJD(m): 11:30am On May 22, 2008
rasputinn:

Senator,I'm okay jare
Just perplexed that some people,animals(?)will come to this thread to write thrash to seek to justify the wanton termination of other peoples lives
@rasputtin at least u just saw it, peeps like us have been insulted on this thread for no just reason,just because i refuse to accept generality, imajin someone saying nigerians are useless,and justifying them being killed,it shows how wicked some people can be both in thoughts and actions,
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 11:33am On May 22, 2008
@ mplele, I never said you were not an African, I was saying you could not have been a Black South  African of the kind who suffered under Apartied, I don't think you could have wished SA back to it, if you really had been.

Anyhoo, thats not the point. I am sure many people are fed up with the government, they have reason to be, but I doubt they would want the aparteid regime back. Its only those who benefited under it who would want that.

Why you think having a White government would be the solution is beyond me. How about just having a better government full stop or is "better", interchangeable with being White now?

The Aparteid government failed the majority of its citizens too, lest we forget.

I just hope the cracks in SA society don't become yet wider, the first indication of decay was its world murder rate/crime ranking, that was a clue that something was going very wrong.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Spermdrops(m): 11:33am On May 22, 2008

afrika1 (m)
UAE

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers!
« #469 on: Today at 07:54:47 AM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't blame the south africans.

I have lived in SA, so have my parents and family. Sa is one of the most beautiful countries in the world, jo'burg, suncity, durban and capetown is out of this world.

Nigerians, NEVER AND I MEAN, never behave themselves and have a bad name in MOST PLACES they go.

When poor hungry black people, after being marginalized by the whites, see nigerians msibaving. It becomes a problem.

A south african, friend of mine. said the first time, i heard a man shouting for NO JUST CAUSE, was a nigerian. Men don't shout.

And take note. It was in most of the ghettos this incident happened.

AMEN TO YOUR POST!

Imagine that Nigerians will live their own ghettos and to and live in other countries' ghettos only to cause problems there too.  I say MOST Nigerians do not have any shame at all!

Please give the South Africans a huge pat on the back and buttocks for roasting those animals only fit for ethnic cleansing.

Just like saying I should pity stupid southerners who go to live in the North.  When they are burned to death, they will start complaining, like anyone sent them there in the first place.  You deserve what you get.  Next time stay in your own villages and stay away from socially and religously intoletant folks.  Get roasted at your own risk!

Good for you I say if you are a victim of a "pot roast" festival.

No sympathies at all. cool
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by JUNIT1(m): 11:34am On May 22, 2008
londoner what do you know abouth the history of this country you just saying stuff you don't know.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 11:36am On May 22, 2008
JUnit, unlike yourself and some of your brothers, I actually learn about what happens in other African countries.

Perhaps you can tell me which part of my post you are disputing.

Spermdrops/xiomarra/almond joy/ merge (?) etc, good day you.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by JUNIT1(m): 11:37am On May 22, 2008
just for the record, what you guys see on tv is not actually what south africa looks like, so just clear that up among all the people in naija, this country is the shizniz, just a few bad misrepresentations,.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 11:39am On May 22, 2008
I think we are all aware that S Africa is a very beautiful country, thats not the issue though is it?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by JUNIT1(m): 11:39am On May 22, 2008
londoner you are only media driven, since when did you start getting worried about south africa, only when the media talks about the world cup or xenophobia , that's when we see people like you around.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by rasputinn(m): 11:42am On May 22, 2008
Jay,tell that to the moon
I come regularly to SA
Don't even make me start telling you the extra security measures I always have to take (lately) to ensure those armed robbers working with information from SA immigration don't jump me on the way to my hotel or in my hotel.
Apart from some of my friends who have been robbed,other prominent Nigerians too have suffered the ugly fate
Are you not aware
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Mpele(m): 11:43am On May 22, 2008
Our underpaid policemen are doing their best trying to save lives Nigerians and Zimbabweans etc.

Latest pictures from yesterday
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 11:45am On May 22, 2008
Junit, it would be easier if you tell me exactly what I have asserted you have an issue with, thanx.

It just goes to show that people in SA really don't know that people have been interested in SA since the Aparteid era, until now.
Some of us here were joining our protests where we were in the world during that time, a few of my teachers had fled SA at that time also. its nothing to do with FA cup or todays media as far as I'm concerned.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by SENATORJD(m): 11:45am On May 22, 2008
J UNIT:

just for the record, what you guys see on tv is not actually what south africa looks like
guess its just a movie script they are acting out right?at the end of the movie i except those dead nigerians and others to rise up and be applauded for such nice performance.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by JUNIT1(m): 11:46am On May 22, 2008
rasputin, there's crime all over the world the police are trying their best, this is truly a great country, this if i may say is the u s a of africa, in teerms of beauty, effeciency, organization.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by rasputinn(m): 11:47am On May 22, 2008
And what d'you mean by saying SA is the shizniz
pleeeaaaase,spare me that cheap talk,though this is not the topic,yea sun city and a few places are a bit okay
but don't forget that with all sense of modesty,some of us have been to more beautiful places in Europe and America,but even @ that people in those places don't jump you on your way from the airport to your hotel,neither have I seen the kind of senselessness we're seeing from those fools in SA
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Mpele(m): 11:48am On May 22, 2008
Poor policemen risking their lifes protecting Nigerians.

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by JUNIT1(m): 11:50am On May 22, 2008
senator jd u misunderstood me, i said that the media potrays the bad tonships in south africa abd people will think that is how everywhere in south africa looks like, just wanted to correct things quickly.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by rasputinn(m): 11:50am On May 22, 2008
J UNIT:

rasputin[b], there's crime all over the world[/b] the police are trying their best, this is truly a great country, this if i may say is the u s a of africa, in teerms of beauty, effeciency, organization.

Yea right,before these xenophobic killings,no country in the world came close to SA as far as crime is concerned,now that this has happened,you think their rating as THE COUNTRY WITH THE HIGHEST CRIME RATE IN THE WORLD will drop abi?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by JUNIT1(m): 11:52am On May 22, 2008
rapsutin, why do you keep refering to that incident you encoutered, so just because you got unlucky, or it was not your day and a mistake happened, does not mean that you should judge the whole country on that, like you haven't heard of worse in naija, and why did you have to bring that you being in europe nonsense into this conversation.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by jennyjatt: 11:53am On May 22, 2008
the news is real
its everywhere in barcelona (spain)
i saw it myself.

may God have mercy on S.Africa.

truly speaking this is actually bringing shame on NIGERIANS And our government
spain government are complainig bitterly about the immigrant
and our Nigerian gals leaving Italy and coming down to spain for prostitution.

what i am saying is, S.Africa has given spain and all other country a reason and motivation
to do the same to the immigrants in their country.
oh GOD how i cried when i watched the news.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by rasputinn(m): 11:55am On May 22, 2008
You see,for waffi eh,we dey talk say na wen person lazy for fight,na him d guy go dey scatter yarn say dem gather beat am

The import is;it's only the lazy SAs that will be shouting their sorry arses hoarse that somebody is taking thneir jobs
Pray tell,which job,I mean which decent jobs could those hapless fellows take,the so called diamond generation middle class in SA don't seem to have a prob with such issues,just the lazy frustrated kaffirs
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 11:56am On May 22, 2008
Look, I think we all know that our Nigeria has a crime problem of its own.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by jennyjatt: 11:57am On May 22, 2008
J UNIT
we are talking about life
u are talking about the beauty of your country. damn
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Mpele(m): 11:58am On May 22, 2008
J UNIT you don't have to justify anything to Rusputinn. He must just stay where ever he is. We don't need him here. Dude just stay in your third world barrack if I can say. To tell the truth we never invited Nigerians here, they're the ones who come here as if there's a party or something. You have no right to complain about crime, this is not your country. We are the ones who must complain. Don't come here, anyway I know that you won't come because hooligans will kick you damn bloody black ass to a pulp.

I 'm beginning to think that maybe these hooligans are right by beating you up guys, because your know it all attitude sucks! Hillbrow and Yeoville used to be clean but since Nigerians came the place is a mess. Drugs, the noise level is high and it is so untidy damn.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by rasputinn(m): 11:58am On May 22, 2008
J UNIT:

rapsutin, why do you keep refering to that incident you encoutered, so just because you got unlucky,.

J,don't make me laugh,you are my brova like I said ,but you don't know me that well.I didn't say I encountered any incident,just that I took steps to be safe.I NEVER GET UNLUCKY except when my team lost it's leadership of the league and my local tean got relegated if you'll count those as unlucky
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 11:59am On May 22, 2008
Jennyjat, places like Spain and Italy are not going to start burning immigrants, they are more civilised, instead they rely on their laws. I think you will confirm that the average Spanish person is as horrified as anyone else at the violence in SA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (30)

Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) / Clinton Hinote: We Are Out Of Time, China Has Caught Up / Robert Mugabe Agrees To Step Down, Negotiates For Grace To Leave Zimbabwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.