Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! - Foreign Affairs (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! (44073 Views)

Disney To Boycott Georgia Over Gay Marriage Bill / Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! / Ladies Boycott Every News Network, Demand Handsome Anchors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (30) (Go Down)

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sheniqua: 6:53pm On May 21, 2008
people please take a little time and send an email to the address above graciously provided by morpheus.
I sent mine and I hope it wasn't rude here it is.

Mr. Ambassador,

We are dumbfounded that the xenophobia in South Africa has culminated to the organized lynching of innocent Africans including Nigerians.
Just a few short years ago,the whole of black African nations united in solidarity and supported the end of apartheid and now we watch with horror as people are attacked and slaughtered on streets and in their homes simply because they are from a different country.
This is very wrong.
And the fact that this attack is targeted purely on fellow blacks makes it even more despicable.
I do hope your government is doing all it can to both educate the citizens and stop this violence on immigrants.

Sincerely,
a concerned Nigerian
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by 4Play(m): 6:59pm On May 21, 2008
Is South Africa safe enough or the appropriate place to host the 2010 World Cup?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Dreloaded(f): 7:00pm On May 21, 2008
I was hoping to attend undecided
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by doyin13(m): 7:07pm On May 21, 2008
4 Play:

Is South Africa safe enough or the appropriate place to host the 2010 World Cup?

That competition has disaster written all over it
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by 4Play(m): 7:18pm On May 21, 2008
I have never been to South Africa,don't intend to go there,but I was amazed when listening to the BBC World Service some years ago to hear black South Africans complaining about "these Africans" in their midst. They said it as if they were Europeans and "these Africans" were from a different race.They seemed to look down on fellow Africans as backward. . .not in the least surprised with this development.

The meltdown in neighboring Zimbabwe,with refugees pouring in, was always going to cast a shadow on the World Cup.Its not too late for FIFA to review its decision.If this had happened in Europe,the backlash would have been resounding.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Dreloaded(f): 7:23pm On May 21, 2008
If Nigeria wasnt in a pathetic state, it could have been on the list
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by morpheus24: 7:26pm On May 21, 2008
I vote Ghana. They did quite well hosting the nations cup and are relatively more stable.

Ghana 2010. Hehehehehe!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Xiomarra: 8:48pm On May 21, 2008
Any boycott yet?  Still making a lot of noise as usual I see.

[size=15pt]DSTV STILL DEY SHOW FOR NIGERIA OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! NIGERIANS ARE STILL BEING ROASTED!!![/size]

Common AITV or whatever the hell it is called cannot work effectively in Nigeria or whatever countries subscribes to their useless services.  Look at the useless services the so called TV station shows in the US here?  I could only subscribe for one week before I threw the whole retarded gadget away in disgust.  Nigerians can never do anything well even for their own enjoyment and gratification. The stupid TV station was full of static and mumbled words.  You can't see who is on or hear what is being said on the useless TV station.

Only a few days ago, I was watching a Nigerian movie on African Magic in Nigeria and all of a sudden the image froze.  All I could see was:

"CHANNEL SCRAMBLED" Or whatever the hell the notice said.  From 1AM till 5AM, all that was on that station was a frozen picture of that "Ashley Nwosu" with a cigar stuck in his mouth with the notice: "CHANNEL SCRAMBLED" in the middle.

At least DSTV can give you better service your own country cannot give you.  If you put Nigeria on the map and South Africa on the map where will the world gravitate to? Only thanks to the white people who are living there.

I repeat, as long as Nigeria does not take care of it's business at home, "they", the stupid Nigerians, not me will continue to be treated like the animals they are.  Only when you behave yourselves and have some sense of personal and national pride by cleaning up "your" own country will the world recognize you as humans.  Right now, Nigerians are only fit to be treated like wild game.

Sorry folks, sit here and keep whinning.  This chick has a flight to catch in less than 24 hours to a nice rendevouz for the next 5 days!  Off to prepare!!!

Nigerians, stop behaving like animals around the world so you do not get roasted!!! I am happy the whole world knows what you are and you are being dealt with like the animals you are.  Change for the better I say.  Change!!!  Are you not tired of making excuses? You cannot own airlines, TV stations, maintain automobiles you did not even manufacture or govern yourselves effectively.

WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU GOOD FOR IF NOT SUICIDE BOMBING MISSIONS?  PLEASE MOST OF YOU SHOULD GO AND ENROL IN AL-QAEDA  STUDIES AND BLOW YOURSELVES UP.  FOR YOU ARE OF NO USE TO THE HUMAN RACE!!!! SHAME ON YOU I SAY!!!!

[size=15pt]HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY ALL!!! [/size]
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by tpia: 10:25pm On May 21, 2008
as per the last two pictures posted- if photographers could get close enough to snap the killers and their weapons, why couldnt the police?

The fools are probably imagining they are Shaka the great. Them no fit fight oyibo- na fellow African them wan flex muscle for.

Bunch of cowards. angry

by the way, dee02-I'm just seeing your post claiming I blindly attacked you. You must be joking.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by stranger12: 12:02am On May 22, 2008
i just watched a news clip (CNN/BBC cant remember).

South African police cordoned off a dying man. You would think they would help him. You would think they would call for the ambulance, but no, they didn't do any of the humane thing a sane man would do.

they just circled the dying man in their police cars, stood there chatting,

The man was choking on his blood. He was bleeding from the head, and breathing heavily.
That man could be my brother, or friend, but they let him die in agony.

How can you watch another man die just like that without lifting a finger to help?

Shame on the SA government, the police, the thugs. They are all on the same side.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sheniqua: 12:09am On May 22, 2008
Tht's what happens when a man has been programmed to hate himself and anything that reminds him of himself.
At the rate they use the word "these Africans" I'm surprised they're not going door to door hacking down their own family members.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by naijababi: 1:23am On May 22, 2008
Tornadoz, please don't say nigerians deserve to be killed by S.A . that is not fair after all we helped them when their country was a HOT MESS!! they dnt like us and its ok i say this because i know alot of people dat have visited and lived in S.A for a while and noticed that they are not very fund of us . they think our men are stealing their women which is funny but, that doesnt give them the right to take peoples lives. at the same time nigerians should learn from this !! and realise that other countries will treat your people the way they see you treat them.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by tpia: 5:12am On May 22, 2008
Kenyan Foreign Minister Moses Wetangula told reporters that the problems in South Africa were all the more surprising given the country's struggle with apartheid.

"South Africa was the last African country to gain its independence. Along its bumpy road to independence, South Africans were scattered all over the continent, including Kenya.

"We gave them tremendous and admirable hospitality. The last country anybody would imagine would engage in xenophobia is South Africa."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080522/ts_afp/safricaimmigrationviolence

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by naijaway(m): 5:50am On May 22, 2008
This is really heartbreaking. How will they feel when their soccer players comes to Nigeria or any other african country for the world cup qualifiers and then gets mobbed? These people are badstards and idiots to the bones. I just hope they also stay clear from Nigeria including their business leaders. This is one typical occuring ignorance hindering Africa as a whole because if its not tribal, it is national or religion; and yet, many countries in africa might one day become states and the people at that time would try to piece together why these kinds of foolishness kept occuring.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by adconline(m): 6:35am On May 22, 2008
During apartheid, there was a slogan for killing whites " One Hitler, One bullet" as apartheid is over , here is their new slogan " One black African, one bullet"

Even Mbeki who once lived in Nigeria, could let things go out of hand. In Africa , one politician is more powerful than one million people. Mbeki sees no evil in Zimbabwe and sees no evil on whats going on in his country.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 6:36am On May 22, 2008
Oh boy!!! This is from the same country where MEND has crippled oil production and we are yet to deal with that problem to this day , LMAO!!! 

Super MBEKI to the rescue! He is suddenly omega-lord. The mob, that defied him in the first place will listen when he barks this one time cause of the hollering of a bunch of sentimental Nigerians(We already know they do not seem to care what Mbeki has to say!).
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by malaika(f): 6:59am On May 22, 2008
@Sheniqua

Mpele and Malaika are two different people with very different opinions on this matter. I posted the pictures of our police at work, not Mpele. And I stand by my original post on this matter, that I do not condone, support or back in any way the killing of Africans by other Africans. In fact, right now I am so ashamed to be South African. Our radio talk shows are abuzz with SA callers who are feeling depressed and ashamed to be SAn right now because of these mindless attacks. And yes, it is true that many Black South Africans are brainwashed into thinking that they are better than other Africans, I don't know how that works - it's laughable really - but yah, it's there and it's bloody annoying and embarrassing. As an South African woman married to a Zambian i.e. a so-called "foreigner" in SA, I am the last person to start spewing xenophobic rubbish on any forum. Again, not all of us are like Mpele. I realise nothing can be said by me that can make y'all think any better of South Africans in general, but there's nothing I can do about that so I won't spend any sleepless nights but I will pray for peace to reign and for SAns to see the light.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by afrika1(m): 7:54am On May 22, 2008
I dont blame the south africans.

I have lived in SA, so have my parents and family. Sa is one of the most beautiful countries in the world, jo'burg, suncity, durban and capetown is out of this world.

[size=20pt]Nigerians, NEVER AND I MEAN, never behave themselves and ahve a bad name in MOST PLACES they go[/size].

When poor hungry black people, after being marginalized by the whites, see nigerians msibaving. It becomes a problem.

A south african, friend of mine. said the first time, i heard a man shouting for NO JUST CAUSE, was a nigerian. Men dont shout.

And take note. It was in most of the ghettos this incident happened.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Mpele(m): 8:12am On May 22, 2008
I've apologised for what is happening countless times, but you people continue to verbally abuse us. You tend to generalize when talking about South Africans. My problem is that people are now using these attacks to push their agenda against us. The notion that you helped us during the apartheid era must not serve as a basis of you justifying the fact that you have a right to come and live in South Africa. I'm not xenephobic, is just that I believe in South African nationalism. I will keep on condemning these attack on innocent foreigners.

Ont the issue of South Africans not knowing anything about Africa, I think that is wrong, but it does not mean that they're stupid. Everybody has a right to learn whatever he/she wants to learn. You must understand that for people to be eager to learn about something, it must something that have had an impact on their lives. Let me break down to you

EUROPE- Britain and Netherlands might have colonised us and introduced apartheid, but one thing that makes us have respect for them is how they have developed this country. They did not develop it alone. They came with plans to build, we executed. Today we have the infrustructure that is even better than some in Europe, Asia and South America. Britain has supported us since the end of apartheid, thats why we even have the Mandela statue in London.

USA- We have so much respect for the Americans. They played a role in ending the apartheid era. Most of our polititicians and musicians were protected by the country. Personally some of my relatives now reside in that country.

Russia- supported the ANC with logistically.

Children were taught at school about these things. These countries have brought value to the lives of South Africans.

Some of our politicians were in African countries and yes guys you supported us, but that does not mean that we owe you something. You don't hear the Americans saying to South Africans " we helped you during apartheid now is payback time". In fact we are the single most country that has helped the African continent. I can least the things that we have done.

1. We ended the civil war in Ivory Coast by getting the two factions to sit down and talk.

2. We ended the war in DRC by getting all factions to talk, we even funded thier elections using our resources

3. Again we ended the War in Burundi

4. Our gvernment funded the African Cup of Nations in Mali 2002 as thy did not have any money.

5. The government gave MTN the green light to finance every thing about football in Africa.
   MTN is today sponsoring the Champions League, African Cup of Nations and of course the Nigerian Soccer League. Your locally based players can now earn decnt saleries thanks to a South African company

The list is endless. But now just because some bunch of hooligans decide to beat up Africans, all of a sudden South Africa is bad.

To tell the truth some of us have a choice of being European or African but we chose Africa. My mother is white and my dad is black. My mothers reltives are in Netherlands, but some like us chose to live in South Africa. I'm an African and I'm passionate about this continent.

By the way the President decide to send the army into the townships to deal with the hooligans. He told them that they must deal with those numkulls harshly

Pres Mbeki at the press conference yesterday!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Mpele(m): 8:15am On May 22, 2008
Pres Mbeki announcing the fact that the army will be unleashed into the townships

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Mpele(m): 8:24am On May 22, 2008
Guys on a lighter note take a look at this cartoon

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by steveomni(m): 9:09am On May 22, 2008
it doesn't matter what kind of people that are been killed,nigerian or non nigeria,nobody has the right to take another mans life, i use this forum to call on the south african authority (MBEKI) to call his people to other, if not south africa has a lot to lose.

starting from hosting 2010( we can easily address FIFA,by telling them that south africa is unsafe)

we can run MTN down(simple enough all nigerians would just switch to unsing our own network GLO)

WE CLOSE SA AIRLINE(south african airways)

and i promise you this can just start by a simple protest,

yaradua!! should better do something,

nigerians are lovely people.

make they no dey beef us(GOD BLESSED US but our leaders are messing up)

WHAT A SHAME!!

i rest my case

cheers
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by shostopper: 9:12am On May 22, 2008
Truth be told i really felt sad when i heard about what happened in south africa.I have always had a thing for South Africans coz i really respected them seeing as they were able to come out of the whole aperthide thingy but then, treating their fellow africans thesame way the whites treated them (and might i add that they were uncomfortable with such treatment ) just because they are foreigners and all, hhhhm, it really makes me wonder!!! I mean, how would they feel if we start treating them thesame way? I think the major problem is that we as africans tend to forget very easily!!! They aren't fighting the whites now and so are jobless and are looking for who to lock horns with!!! How would they feel if they went to visit someone and the person started burning and looting their property? i generally think that south Africans invoved in this type of acts should be embarrased and should hide their jealous heads in shame, so should anyone who supports them.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by shostopper: 9:21am On May 22, 2008
@ africa1
SHAME ON YOU!!!! How do you know the guy shouting was a nigerian? Were you there? Who told you he was shouting for nothing? Who says men don't shout? You mean to tell me your dad has never shouted at you or anyone? PPPPPuuu-lease!!! if you haven't got anything of substance to write then don't write diddly coz i'm pretty sure you had to task your brain for hours-on-end to script and type your "5-liner"!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by PandN(f): 9:32am On May 22, 2008
@Mpele, on the issue of South Africans not knowing much about Africa is utter stupidity in my opinion. I am Namibian, did my postgraduate studies at one of the South African University and mind you I used to be asked stupid questions such as “where are you from?” Namibia I would answer and then the next comment will be “oh, one of those African countries” or “do you have electricity in Namibia?” or you hear statements like this one “You are not that dark in complexion; people from upper north of Africa are generally dark in complexion”. Now you wonder, so Namibia is now part of “North Africa”? For crying out loud, before 1990 Namibia was part of South Africa and I expected at least university students to have an idea about Namibia. One wonders, if university students showed such great ignorance what more of the unfortunate-uneducated citizens. It is the ignorance of some of the South Africans that foster the “We as South Africans are better than the rest of you (Africans)”.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 9:33am On May 22, 2008
Mpele, I knew you could not have been a Black South African, especially with your sentimentality of the Aparteid era, I knew you could never heve been one of those under oppression in places like soweto, having dogs set upon you. I should have known. It all makes sense now.

Is it any wonder all the countries you list that you respect are all White, I suggest to read the willie lynch letter, it describes what has happened to you and many other Blacks to a T.

let me tell you something, you are not out of the woods yet, do you think the Whites are not also thinking that they need to put these Black mobs in their place, do you not think they are wondering whether they are becoming too bold, and they may look to them next?

They will  crush you people again, if they think you are thinking of rebellion, just wait and see, you think they take uprisings of any kind by Blacks lightly?

We can talk about it until the cows come home, there is still one central truth, what those mobs did was barbaric and illegal. It doesn't matter whether it was Nigerians, Zimbabweans or the man on the moon.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by SENATORJD(m): 10:12am On May 22, 2008
londoner:

Mpele, I knew you could not have been a Black South African, especially with your sentimentality of the Aparteid era, I knew you could never heve been one of those under oppression in places like soweto, having dogs set upon you. I should have known. It all makes sense now.
true, i wondered how a black would have said life during aparteid was better?if as a black u hardly got a say in issues.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Mpele(m): 10:24am On May 22, 2008
The very same people who were oppressed and had dogs set uppon them are now tired of the black government. Our standard of living has dramatically reduced. The Crime rate is high. This is not about race we can still have a white government that will take care of our needs. Some of us are not racist and xenophobic. Blacks who grew up in the townships are the problem. They hate whites and they also hate foreigners. They are the ones who are beating people up. I grew up in a predorminatly white surbab and now we also live with some afluent Nigerians here and its so nice. There is some little element of racism from the a little porpotion of right wing white people but is such a small number. I like Africans, I'm African its just that when people look at me they always say that I don't look African, some have even mistaken me for a Brazilian, but I identify with the mother continent.

You can click on my name and you'll make up your own mind on whether I look African or what. This is a challenge to Londoner, as he/she thinks that I'm not African.

I want this continent to work, I believe in this continent, as long as we can do away with xenophobia and tribalism we'll go far. People like Mugabe, Gaddaffi and all those African leaders must learn to relinquish power without bloodshed. Just do what Mandela did.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by holythug(m): 10:30am On May 22, 2008
ummm. . .mpele i go wit ur words, sad only if GOd will help us
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by malaika(f): 10:51am On May 22, 2008
This xenophobia is getting worse now! shocked check this out! fortunately the Army has been deployed cool

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by rasputinn(m): 10:55am On May 22, 2008
Shame to those xenophobic kaffirs
They should all go eat shit and die slow
Dogs will spit on thneir graves
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by rasputinn(m): 10:59am On May 22, 2008
Did I hear somebody calling for Madueke and Umaru-yara slow do something?
Well they'll do something;just to be seen to be doing something
Oh I remember Abacha,surely his response would have been more decisive

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (30)

Clinton Hinote: We Are Out Of Time, China Has Caught Up / Robert Mugabe Agrees To Step Down, Negotiates For Grace To Leave Zimbabwe / Meet Fares & Firas Muhammad: Muslim Twins Serving In Israel's Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.